What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MLB 2018 (4 Viewers)

Nothing on the afternoon for FD, but turned 25cents into $1 with that weird DK 1game showdown thing they have.  Combined up a couple bucks on the two sites for the day.

oof.  I was out of it this morning while doing my 2 25cent DK LUs, so I didn't realize that I had SPs mixed up and put Lynn in with my Pitts stack.  So I have a 1% C.Moran grand slam paired with Lynn's -9pts.  

Don't think I am touching that early slate with 2 of the games looking like rain and storms.  
Same here. I work less than a mile from the stadium and it's been like 38 with off and on light rain all morning. I'm sure it will start but not sure it will finish as the heavier rain and storms are predicted for about 3.

Overall not many matchups I'm excited about so will either take the day off or play late only.

Same here. I work less than a mile from the stadium and it's been like 38 with off and on light rain all morning. I'm sure it will start but not sure it will finish as the heavier rain and storms are predicted for about 3.

Overall not many matchups I'm excited about so will either take the day off or play late only.
Actually I think you had to play the all-day for the Det game.  I thought he early slate was the other 4 games in the afternoon, but NY and Cinci seem to be in line for rain too.  NY moreso, but still.  

looking at BvP and other stats -  Harper looks like he crushes that Atl SP.  Too bad that is a guy I never get right.  

I wish these teams would stop coming up with decent matchups since they always have power/wOBA on paper, but don't seem to come through for me much:  Milw, SD, Oak.   One of these days I am going to take down a gpp with these dudes! ;)

I wish these teams would stop coming up with decent matchups since they always have power/wOBA on paper, but don't seem to come through for me much:  Milw, SD, Oak.  
Milwaukee roof will be closed = more runs and SD should have Renfroe in and likely hitting cleanup against a lefty, since he mashes them. My lineup right now has cheap Shaw, Pina, Renfroe and then a pile of Jays/Astros (including Happ/Verlander)

Milwaukee roof will be closed = more runs and SD should have Renfroe in and likely hitting cleanup against a lefty, since he mashes them. My lineup right now has cheap Shaw, Pina, Renfroe and then a pile of Jays/Astros (including Happ/Verlander)
Dude, don't encourage me.    I was just going through the Plate IQ on teams that should have good matchups, and the Milwaukee 2-5 have some of the best matchups vs. pitches thrown at them.  Yelich, Shaw, and Thames all had great #s vs. the top 4 pitches the StL SP uses. 

I have Renfroe written down too, and the SD bats are cheap if you are doing stud SPs (especially if you are on DK with 2 needed).

Happ/Verlander/Smoak/Altuve/Correa/Shaw/Granderson/Reddick/Renfroe to be exact...
What type of contests you entering this in?

Tonight I am working on 1 LU that will be used for a few 50/50s and a 10 man, then I just have my usual 4 25cent LUs ready for my crazier ideas.

What type of contests you entering this in?

Tonight I am working on 1 LU that will be used for a few 50/50s and a 10 man, then I just have my usual 4 25cent LUs ready for my crazier ideas.
Yeah, this one is for 50/50's, I think those guys will be somewhat commonly used, I may do a couple variations on it for the larger ones, swapping out Happ for a cheaper pitcher and gambling on some all or nothing types.

Yeah, this one is for 50/50's, I think those guys will be somewhat commonly used, I may do a couple variations on it for the larger ones, swapping out Happ for a cheaper pitcher and gambling on some all or nothing types.
One of the podcasts I listen to always harp on avoiding bats from Toronto vs a SP that throws a decent % of sliders.  Any truth to that?  I think the Yankee guys do, and looks like the guy for the Sox tonight does 23% time or so.  

One of the podcasts I listen to always harp on avoiding bats from Toronto vs a SP that throws a decent % of sliders.  Any truth to that?  I think the Yankee guys do, and looks like the guy for the Sox tonight does 23% time or so.  
In general, I'd say it's safe to say the Jays have a lot of hackers and off speed stuff exposes that. Smoak looks locked in right now (was just player of the week and still comes cheaper than "elite" 1B), and Granderson's leading off, so he could get 5 PA's against the bad CWS pitcher/bullpen IMO, that's why I have those two in... Obviously Donaldson is always a safe bet too and Morales against LHP

...beyond those guys even against a bad pitcher, I wouldn't have a ton of confidence in Martin/Diaz/Travis/Pillar/Grichuk - though Grichuk's HR ability will likely make me pick him a few times in tournaments.

In general, I'd say it's safe to say the Jays have a lot of hackers and off speed stuff exposes that. Smoak looks locked in right now (was just player of the week and still comes cheaper than "elite" 1B), and Granderson's leading off, so he could get 5 PA's against the bad CWS pitcher/bullpen IMO, that's why I have those two in... Obviously Donaldson is always a safe bet too and Morales against LHP

...beyond those guys even against a bad pitcher, I wouldn't have a ton of confidence in Martin/Diaz/Travis/Pillar/Grichuk - though Grichuk's HR ability will likely make me pick him a few times in tournaments.
:thumbup:

I use Smoak a bit and have him in few of my season-longs.  I saw that Granderson was leading off, and I have Toronto LHBs written down, so I have him in my cash LU too.  

Right now I have:

Verlander/Godley - Montero/Freeman/Cabrera/Shaw/Semien/Harper/Reddick/Granderson.  

Couldn't seem to fit in Verlander and Kershaw, but did toy with going down from Godley to somebody else, but didn't know who.  I might do that and tweak some of the guys around to make it into a gpp LU.  Probably upgrade at 2B and SS doing that or get a stack in.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I am right on the cusp, but behind the lines on both sites.  

I wimp out on playing too many of the same guys on both sites, and that got me off Freeman on FD.  Now I need Arenado and Semien to do something in the late games. 

Oh, and ####in Brewers! 

I am right on the cusp, but behind the lines on both sites.  

I wimp out on playing too many of the same guys on both sites, and that got me off Freeman on FD.  Now I need Arenado and Semien to do something in the late games. 

Oh, and ####in Brewers! 
If you stuck with the lineup above, Reddick might have just cashed us both in.

I am right at 50 in 2 and 52 in the other, so I still need Godley to get some Ks and something from Semien would also be nice. 

Godley got the win, and Semien pitched in a couple points.  My LU ended up cashing the 50/50s, 2x and got 3rd in the 10 man I entered.  

Down a little on FD for the night b/c of gpps (cash LU did alright), but between the sites it was a very slight +.  

On to tomorrow where it looks like there might be some monster winds in 3 games on the early slate.  Could be fun..   Main slate looks less fun, I am sure I will pair Manaea with a couple Mariners and go from there.  

I don't think it was up the first couple days (or I missed it), but that CRUZ Model info on RG is also a great quick stop for a ton of info.  It has different ratings for cash players vs. gpp players that you can click.   It shows PFwOBA, ISO, SP K%, Bullpen info, wOBA of the players ahead and behind the batter, on and on..   Looks like you can still load this info into the free lineup builder too and get a cash LU idea.  

In the FAQs you can see what the weights are for each piece of info in the cash vs. gpp ratings.  Like you would guess, cash is more on batting order, K%, walk rate.  Gpp is power, surrounding wOBA, pen stats.

I say that, and when I was looking it doesn't look like the correct SP names are in there.  Maybe they are still tweaking it.  

ETA:  I just looked again, and now it's not there.  WTF?

lots of rainouts in the early games.
I was just looking at the weather, and the report that I saw indicated that it's going to clear up enough in the afternoon that he thought there would be delays, but not PPDs.  :shrug:

I don't think I would trust an SP for either of the NY games unless they announce ahead of time that they are starting the game later in the afternoon.  Too big of a risk to go 2 innings and then delay for a few hours and go to bullpen.  

I am not doing much $ today, that's for sure.  Maybe a couple bucks combine on the 2 sites.  

Yeah, nothing jumping out at me at all today, plus weather nonsense = not putting any money in, at least on the early games.
I thought the main slate was worse.  I think Manaea and Gray are the SPs for the night, but not a ton of bats jumping out.  

I am sure I will have something in though.  :bag:

Go Cleveland, Yankees and Corbin! 

my one LU is at 112 on FD.  I squeezed in Corbin + Yankees 2-5 and Cleveland 2-5.  Corbin, Guyer, and Kipnis are ,10% owned.  

Did a $2 gpp

Sanchez Smoak Lowrie Arenado Dejong Yelich Ozuna Granderson Shaw

Weird stacking Yelich/Ozuna on opposite sides.

I just need 4pts from Encarn and Ramirez to take down my 5 man on DK.  I guess I have to hope for 15 innings now.  

Did a $2 gpp

Sanchez Smoak Lowrie Arenado Dejong Yelich Ozuna Granderson Shaw

Weird stacking Yelich/Ozuna on opposite sides.
Good Luck!  I did 2 25cent entries on FD and went heavy Rockies:

Manaea Desmond Cano Seager Story K.Davis Pham Haniger Arenado

Gray Abreu Moncada Arenado Story Blackmon Delmonico Joyce Davidson

Cleveland didn't come through for the 5-man, but still made a couple bucks.  Night side cashed everything and 2Xed+ on DK.  Used Manaea + Gray for all the LUs.  

Today is pretty rough, but will still plop in a couple 25centers and a $1 2x just because I looked at stuff.  Windy in Boston, but Price should still be OK vs. TB.  Going with him and Paxton for the cash LU and looking at the SPs in the Mia/Philly game as gpp darts.  

Users who are viewing this thread