What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Repairman asking for wifi password (1 Viewer)

chet

Footballguy
This struck me as weird.  I was told he was coming in to repair my TV when in fact he was coming in to get authorization from LG to replace the panel or replace the TV.  He had to access the internet on one device while talking to LG on another phone.  Am I overreacting?

This struck me as weird.  I was told he was coming in to repair my TV when in fact he was coming in to get authorization from LG to replace the panel or replace the TV.  He had to access the internet on one device while talking to LG on another phone.  Am I overreacting?
Couldn’t he just use his phone as a hotspot for his laptop?

Was he setting up the wifi for the tv connection?

I'd say you’re overreacting based on your explanation above. What would be his reason for asking for the password if he didn’t need it? Because he didn’t want to use his phone data?

probably under warranty and they're fixing it so they don't have to replace it
I don't know Chet, but just going by the rumors on this board he seems like the type of guy that just buys a new car when his old car runs out of gas. I can only imagine what he does to a television if he gets a smudge or stops working.

How do you change your wifi password?  I believe I am logged into the router and this is the screen I'm looking at but I can't find any info about our wifi networks.  TIA

How do you change your wifi password?  I believe I am logged into the router and this is the screen I'm looking at but I can't find any info about our wifi networks.  TIA
Anyone care to chime in on this?

Also, what could he have done? Saved malware?

If I changed my WiFi password I’d have to spend the next few weeks entering the new password into all the crap that needs it around here. We’re not even a high tech family. My neighbor just bought a dishwasher that connects to his WiFi. Not kidding.

If I changed my WiFi password I’d have to spend the next few weeks entering the new password into all the crap that needs it around here. We’re not even a high tech family. My neighbor just bought a dishwasher that connects to his WiFi. Not kidding.
:goodposting:

I have 18 devices connected right now - not the dishwasher though...

chet said:
This is why you have a guest network.

chet said:
So you're running a much higher level home network than most here. That is your firewall, doesn't appear that it has any control for access points so something else is running your wifi. Who put that in for you?

So you're running a much higher level home network than most here. That is your firewall, doesn't appear that it has any control for access points so something else is running your wifi. Who put that in for you?
Thanks.  It was installed by a local company called Tunnelvision.  I just figured this out thanks to my friend's network guy.  I spent two hours messing around with the router that had no control over the wifi. :bag:  

I now have a guest login and am able to change the SSID passwords.  :shortbus:  

Thanks.  It was installed by a local company called Tunnelvision.  I just figured this out thanks to my friend's network guy.  I spent two hours messing around with the router that had no control over the wifi. :bag:  

I now have a guest login and am able to change the SSID passwords.  :shortbus:  
Seems appropriate 

:goodposting:  If you were running your wifi through the Fortigate you would see "WiFi Controller" on the left hand menus.

Users who are viewing this thread