What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR D.J. Chark, CAR (2 Viewers)

Having a little trouble with the "was fully expected to play" part of the fantasy impact blurb. I don't think I saw that kind of confidence anywhere during the week...
The problem with these websites is that the author typically takes some liberty in offering his opinion as “fact” such as in your statement above. I totally agree with you, that there was no evidence that he was a given to play this week. 

Favored pretty heavily, so I think I'm sitting him for Edmonds at flex. Starting McLaurin, Preston Williams against the Jets, and Godwin as my three receivers in a start seven combined WR/RB league. Going with Elliott, J. Robinson, and R. Mostert for RBs along with Edmonds.

I seriously see quite a few of these guys as interchangeable, and I just don't want him to roll the ankle again and take a zero for it. I'm looking pure floor with this decision. Others' mileages may vary.

Edmunds and Chark are my choices as well and just think its a toss up just the same.
I'm hoping that Edmonds is the beneficiary of a track meet with Dallas, though now that Dalton is at the helm, we'll see if Dallas does anything differently. Reports are they plan to run the same offense, but how much of that is lip service and whether they will be as effective under Dalton as under Prescott in that offense remains to be seen.

So it's hurry up and wait with respect to this 10:00 AM and Monday night choice, really. Looks like the clock has struck. No Chark. Going Edmonds. 

Last edited by a moderator:
How does he look moving around? I haven't been able to catch any of his plays. 
He looks fine to me, Minshew looks bad. Chark had a step or 2 deep and Minshew badly underthrew him for a pick. Chark also was getting open in the end zone and Minshew threw the ball way too early. 

How does he look moving around? I haven't been able to catch any of his plays. 
I think he looks fine.  Minshew is showing a tendency to check down though.  On the last drive Chark got a bunch of his targets on some quick throws.  Minshew isn’t really airing it out.  Cole got a long catch and Chark was open on another and Minshew was way off with the throw.  The fact that Chark was able to get open deep was encouraging.  The way this game is going Chark may be in line for garbage points 

I think he looks fine.  Minshew is showing a tendency to check down though.  On the last drive Chark got a bunch of his targets on some quick throws.  Minshew isn’t really airing it out.  Cole got a long catch and Chark was open on another and Minshew was way off with the throw.  The fact that Chark was able to get open deep was encouraging.  The way this game is going Chark may be in line for garbage points 
Yeah, Chark looks fine but Detroit D is really playing well and frustrating Minshew. Let's see if they can keep it up in the 2nd half. Detroit obviously has not been a 2nd half team this year. 

D.J. Chark caught 7-of-14 targets for 45 yards in the Jaguars' Week 6 loss to the Lions. 

Genuinely questionable to suit up, Chark ended up setting a new season high for targets by five even as Keelan Cole dominated the production. That would not have been the case had Gardner Minshew hit Chark for what should have been an elementary 50-plus yard gain in the second half, but these things happen when Minshew is your quarterback. Seemingly healthy and looking to be established by the coaching staff, Chark will find himself back inside the top 30 for Week 7 against the Chargers. 

Oct 18, 2020, 5:39 PM ET

Ilov80s said:
He's fun but he seems destined to be NFL back-up journeyman similar to a Josh McCown than a long term NFL starter. 
He doesn't have a strong arm and can't make all the throws. I think he is actually a worse QB than Bortles. Definitely worse than Foles. 

It's becoming clearer that he doesn't have a strong arm and can't make all the throws. That's too bad, and bodes not well for Chark in redraft.
From Jaguars senior writer John Oescher:

Where is the Minshew that took apart the Titans and Colts?

Teams are game-planning against Minshew. They're taking away what he does well. They're making him win from the pocket, preventing him from throwing a lot of deep passes to the outside of the field and forcing him to make throws into tight windows that require velocity and vision. They're giving him check-downs that don't hurt the defense much – and he's taking them. He hasn't shown he can do beat this approach consistently yet, and he doesn't appear to be seeing the field or to be very confident right now. None of this must last. Perhaps he can pull out of it. We'll see.

https://www.jaguars.com/news/o-zone-boomtown

D.J. Chark (ankle) practiced on a limited basis on Wednesday.

This is actually an improvement from one week ago at this time, as Chark was sidelined for Wednesday and Thursday ahead of Week 6. He should be good to go for Sunday's matchup against the Chargers, with the hopes of seeing another 14 targets headed in his direction.

Oct 21, 2020, 8:04 PM ET

At least two today he just should of caught.  After the last one he wasn’t even in on the next redzone possession.

Ankle cant help but watching those two drops and his frustration afterwards it looked like a WR version of a slump.

Chark had a couple of drops today. Jacksonville's passing game is non-existent aside from a big play or three or four a game. Not a good day for D.J.

D.J. Chark caught 1-of-7 targets for 26 yards in the Jaguars' Week 7 loss to the Chargers.

Chark was open a few times, but Gardner Minshew lost the touch and ball placement that he had during Minshew Mania. The lost potential yardage visibly made Chark upset on Sunday, and he already called out Minshew in press conferences prior to the game. Chark still has a WR2 ceiling, but he's settling in as a boom-bust WR3 while the offense stagnates and he battles injuries. Luckily for Chark, the Texans are on schedule next.

Oct 25, 2020, 8:19 PM ET

The silence in this thread seems to indicate that we're all pretty pessimistic on his future this season. He's on the WW in my 10 team league. I can't convince myself to pick him up given his QBs.

The silence in this thread seems to indicate that we're all pretty pessimistic on his future this season. He's on the WW in my 10 team league. I can't convince myself to pick him up given his QBs.
He was part of a trade where I acquired Chubb and Rodgers...now I may dump him because of QB.  Im stuck with he and Davante Parker with terrible QB situations this week (with Fulgham and Higgins on a bye and Ridley dinged up).

You may want to reconsider.  Depending on your options, it seems worth a look at least.  Four of the next six defenses the Jaguars face are ranked 22nd or worse against the pass (and the Packers are middle of the road).  Ravens and Bears in weeks 15 and 16 don't inspire much confidence in the most important fantasy games though.

9    vs Texans (22nd)                    
10        at Packers (12th)                                   
11        vs Steelers (7th)                                  
12        vs Browns (25th)                                   
13        at Vikings (29th)                                   
14        vs Titans (26th)

i'll be starting him out of bye week desperation but the situation is not good. with the QB change there is some reason for optimism, but there is a clear pattern of younger QB's starting for the first time looking for and depending on the bigger targets in quick short routes. that's not Chark and bodes better for Shenault imo. i will say, though, the quality of targets can't get any worse, so there's still a realistic WR2 level ceiling. that's what i tell myself anyway.

Lost season. 

The last time I took a look at his play he was running wide open all over the field. He just wasn't getting looks or Minshew was throwing him un-catchable passes. I'm not optimistic about next year either because the Jags are a terribly run organization. Not sure I can be confident that they will pick the right QB and even if they do I'm not confident they can develop him properly. 

Oh jeez. Your temperament needs a check-up, Milk. Why'd you go and do that?
If you knew the run bad I've gone through the last 3 years but I won't bore you with that. I feel great about it tbh so I made the right decision. 

There's no justice in FF buddy lol. 

Users who are viewing this thread