What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR D.J. Chark, CAR (4 Viewers)

My guess would be that Chark is the Panthers #3 WR next season. I think low-end WR3 value is really pushing it. I'd say more like WR5 maybe.
He should be ahead of Thielen. He looked totally washed last year.
Agree on Thielen and life could not have been a lot easier with everyone focused on JJ. I still view that as one the worst contracts off the off-season, worst for a skill player at the very least.

Chark should be a much better signing, probably cheaper and better.

Like deciding between the last two skanks at the club. Let's make it three, and throw Hayden Hurst in there.

However it winds up with Carolina down the road in a few years, with their new guy franchise guy, it will be happening with none of these guys. And I really think it'll be more of an joke, 'member when Carolina put these dudes around Stroud for a year??

Chark's 26 years old, 3rd team, on a prove it deal.........Dude was just ON a prove it deal. I'm sure something is missing, maybe he likes the booger sugar, maybe he's lazy, whatever.

Like deciding between the last two skanks at the club. Let's make it three, and throw Hayden Hurst in there.

However it winds up with Carolina down the road in a few years, with their new guy franchise guy, it will be happening with none of these guys. And I really think it'll be more of an joke, 'member when Carolina put these dudes around Stroud for a year??

Chark's 26 years old, 3rd team, on a prove it deal.........Dude was just ON a prove it deal. I'm sure something is missing, maybe he likes the booger sugar, maybe he's lazy, whatever.
Chark's a good player, just injury-prone. He was excellent the 2nd half of the season last year after his ankle healed up.

In the present, Thielen will be a good mentor for the young WRs, and that will also help the QB. If Chark can stay healthy, he can be a very positive asset. I don't know how it will shake out on down the road, but ya never know what is possible. The Panthers went to their last Super Bowl with their main trio of WRs being an older Ginn, an older Cotchery, and Corey Brown. Greg Olsen was great, but they had no super star WRs, but the ones they had worked really well together.

Last edited:
I do think with Chark it’s 2 things
1. Often hurt
2. Perception he’s soft due the injuries and his openness about his anxiety and depression

D.J. Chark recently underwent ankle surgery and could miss part of the Panthers' OTAs.

Chark, who missed almost the entire 2021 season with a leg injury, was limited to 11 games in 2022 due to a lingering ankle issue. He signed a one-year deal with the Panthers last week and could function as the team's primary downfield pass catcher in 2023. Chark is now four years removed from his 1,000-yard campaign with the Jaguars. He caught 30 passes for 502 yards and three touchdowns in 2022 for the Lions.
SOURCE: Joseph Person on Twitter
Mar 28, 2023 at 10:54 AM ET

Panthers coach Frank Reich said “We want to develop him into a complete receiver, widen his rout tree. It’s not just going to be all the vertical stuff down the field," when asked about DJ Chark.

Chark, who recently underwent surgery and could miss part of OTAs, could be in for an expanded role in Carolina if he can stay healthy. Chark has missed games in every season of his career thus far and has started more than 12 games just once in five seasons. This role expansion certainly would seem to give Chark more upside than the average second wave free-agent, especially given how barren Carolina is at the position. He should be squarely on the late-round best-ball radar.
SOURCE: David Newton on Twitter
Mar 28, 2023 at 2:08 PM ET

DJ Chark could miss time with a hamstring injury.
Panthers head coach Frank Reich declined to specify a recovery time line “at this time.” Panthers beat writer Joe Person said it “doesn’t sound great” for Chark, who was set to be Carolina’s top boundary receiver this season. An extended absence for Chark — along with Terrace Marshall’s back injury — could force rookie WR Jonathan Mingo into heavy snaps right away. Adam Thielen, for now, profiles as the team’s nominal WR1.

Reactions: Bri
Panthers WR DJ Chark (hamstring) said the team is deciding between playing him in Week 1 or letting him rest to be ready for Week 2.
Chark was absent from Wednesday’s practice, and appears to be trending towards sitting out Week 1 against the Falcons. According to Chark, the decision could come down to whether or not the team believes playing him in Week 1 is worth the risk of further injury, or if it’s best to let him heal up another week before Week 2’s matchup against the Saints. At this point, it wouldn’t be surprising to see Chark miss the season opener, but we’ll get a better idea of his status when the team releases Thursday’s injury report.

Panthers WR DJ Chark (hamstring) will not play in Week 1 against the Falcons.
The hamstring issue surfaced in the final weeks of training camp. Chark did not practice at all this week and his status for Week 2 could be in jeopardy. Terrace Marshall will take his place in the lineup. Adam Thielen is also questionable. If he can’t suit up, Laviska Shenault will be the next man up in three-receiver looks.

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports DJ Chark (hamstring) is expected to play in Week 2 against the Saints.

Chark is officially active for the Panthers heading into tonight’s matchup against the Saints. Chark has battled through a hamstring for the last several weeks, but is now ready to go after logging limited practices throughout the week. He will likely serve as the Panthers’ deep threat opposite Adam Thielen, but could see limited production against a stout Saints defense. Chark shouldn’t be relied on as anything more than a WR3 in his Panthers debut.

Users who are viewing this thread