What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Demographics - How Long Have You Been On The Board? (1 Viewer)

How Long Have You Been On The Boards?

• Less than 1 year

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 1-2 years

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 3-4 years

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • 5-6 years

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • 7-8 years

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • 9-10 years

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • 11-12 years

Votes: 23 7.5%
  • 13-14 years

Votes: 48 15.6%
  • 15-16 years

Votes: 73 23.8%
  • 17-18 years

Votes: 51 16.6%
  • 19-20 years

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • More than 20 years

Votes: 43 14.0%

• Total voters
Keerock said:
BassNBrew said:
Several are mentioning Old Yeller, wasn't there a blue board somewhere in the mix?  
Yeah... I think it was this board (IPB) that was originally blue
:goodposting:

Went from Old Yeller to a version of this board in 2003.. Then a few years back they "Upgraded", which added "+" points, number of posts.

But removed member number among some other things like Test Forum and it hasn't been the same since :kicksrock:

The 26 of us that have been here forever need to form some kind of council.  To, you know, act better than everyone else and tell them to do things.

That kind of thing.

Someone get on that.
If only there was a Test Forum where we could discuss items of this nature :whistle:

Arodin said:
With 144 votes in, nearly 90% have been here over 10 years.

That is pretty impressive loyalty.  (Or long-time subscribers are more likely to open, read and vote in this thread than others.)

I wonder if the age spread in the Shark Pool would center younger?
I think, due to the time of year of this thread, it is much more skewed to long-timers than it would be in, say, mid-October. 

Judge Smails said:
Long time. Original 3 digiter. Don’t even know how many years ago that was
Can remember pretty clearly trying, over and over again, to register the second it was available and getting “142” as my member number. 

I was so proud. 

I think, due to the time of year of this thread, it is much more skewed to long-timers than it would be in, say, mid-October. 
I think you're right. But I've been pleasantly surprised with this and I'm learning I don't know much. Which is why I've been asking.

I would expect the Shark Pool guys now to be older as most there are Dynasty / Serious players. Which my guess is means they're older. I'll do the poll again in September and I'd guess the ages will be a little younger. 

The 26 of us that have been here forever need to form some kind of council.  To, you know, act better than everyone else and tell them to do things.

That kind of thing.

Someone get on that.
:thumbup:  

I remember right after the blue board opened, there were a few of us who noticed Old Yeller still existed, and a challenge broke out to see who could have the last post there before it completely shut down.  We are acting like we were the last few survivors of the apocalypse.

:thumbup:  

I remember right after the blue board opened, there were a few of us who noticed Old Yeller still existed, and a challenge broke out to see who could have the last post there before it completely shut down.  We are acting like we were the last few survivors of the apocalypse.
Yup.  And we were.  The world has gone to hell since Old Yeller shut down.  You can track it fairly easily.  

Your member number can still be found by hovering over your user name, or on the URL of your profile page.

I voted 3-4 years. Signed up much earlier than that (2004) but rarely used the boards until the last few years.

More demographic stuff.

How long have you been on the board? Can be with whatever screen name and even back to Old Yeller if you were there.

And do your best to be honest. I often have people tell me they've been a subscriber for way longer than we've been in business.

Let's hear it. 

And I know a lot of you guys have been here a LONG time. THANK YOU for being part of Footballguys. 
Is there a way to see member names back in the old yeller days?  I followed discussion for quite awhile in the shark pool before joining with a screen name - but that was still in the yeller days ...just don't remember whether it was '97, '98 or '99.  Pretty sure it was under something like "Deathstar"  :bag:  (not even a space nerd ...I have no idea what was going through my mind) and then had to change a couple of times for not remembering my username and/or passcode - and I think that was "Shakes" or some form of "Shakes the Clown."  

2005 with this alias.

I created to this after I came back one season and couldn't figure out what my prior username/password was.. pretty sure I found old yeller circa 2003.

More demographic stuff.

How long have you been on the board? Can be with whatever screen name and even back to Old Yeller if you were there.

And do your best to be honest. I often have people tell me they've been a subscriber for way longer than we've been in business.

Let's hear it. 

And I know a lot of you guys have been here a LONG time. THANK YOU for being part of Footballguys. 
I can't say.  I was here before currently registered, back in the Old Yeller days.  You shot that board just like the kid shot his dog in the movie.  I'm guessing maybe 18 years or so, could be a bit more, who knows? 

IIRC I joined around 99-00 and was a 2 digit. Then something happened and everyone had to re-register and I was a little late to that party and was suddenly a 3 digit.

I was an annual $ commish & would have epic battles with mike grillo? In his leagues too. 

My first year playing FF was 1985 in a sports bar in Jax (Glory Days). It was run by miller lite and all scoring was done manually on a large scoreboard they put on the wall and updated weekly with magic markers by the bar owner. You had to stop by the bar weekly & submit your lineup. We had not even heard of the internet then!

I have been here since the start--member #162.  I was on Old Yeller for quite a long time (same screen name)--don't know the exact join date, but I was there way before 9/11 that much I  know.  Previously I was a visitor at Cheatsheets. Most of the time I am in the FFA even though this is my 26th year playing Fantasy Football. 

I have no idea.  I signed up this screen name since 2003.   But I started fantasy football in 1988 and was internet savvy before there were web browsers.   I am not sure when I stumbled on here. 

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the first members on old yeller. Remember many from before that in rec.sports.football.fantasy. Even played in the NGFFL leagues for several years. 

Users who are viewing this thread