What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-2019 NBA DFS (2 Viewers)

Wow, didn't pay much attention after the 1st half of Pistons game but ended up scoring 294 and cashing for $4 on $1. LeBron had a good game and almost all my cheap guys payed off- Ross,Morris,Stephenson and Collins.

With Harden out going to build around Gordon, Paul and Capella and take my chances fading Greek and AD. Most of my other guys will be from Sac/Wash for values.

Feels dirty using Paul and having a few hundo left over with Curry sitting there.

My placeholder has Bjelica at SF.  His MPG this season are 27, 10, 30, 20, and 31.  Is this foul trouble or something else?  

LaVine got the bump over 8000 and is priced right at 5x his avg.  I've used him every Bulls game since the opener.  Him, McGee and a few others have been severely underpriced on FD.  He's due for a clunker, but the Bulls are playing it back against Charlotte so I'm leaning Kemba and LaVine again tonight.  Any thoughts on LaVine tonight?  I currently have him paired with Gordon.  

Had Beal in my lineup but scared off by injury so rolling with AD after all with Paul,Gordon, Capella and Sac guys for savings 

Good luck all!!

Met my wife for lunch so I didn’t get to do my lunchtime builds. Slapped a couple lineups together when I was shutting down for the week at work. Sub-optimal strategy but I need to get some data points. Only playing w/ 0.1 units. Wonder if KAT is going to redeem himself after that last embarrassing effort. Ran him out in one. Paul should be a good play but I faded him in both. Probably a mistake 

I’m still not comfortable w/ how to approach this dead spot to maximize my roster. Running G. Green and Rivers as my 2 minimum-ish guys. D

LOL. 2 of my double ups are actually quintuple ups. Oops. Let that be a lesson, kids. Don’t do your daily fantasy in a big hurry on your phone. 

At least Green is kicking ###! I pulled him for Dotson when I changed my lineup :wall:
I entered the late game ranked in the mid-90’s in my 100-man 50/50’s. Had Wall and Morris tho, so I ran down 60-ish people in all of them to finish in the money. Caught my doubles too. Needless to say I whiffed on my quints. Was hit or miss on my GPPs. 

I entered the late game ranked in the mid-90’s in my 100-man 50/50’s. Had Wall and Morris tho, so I ran down 60-ish people in all of them to finish in the money. Caught my doubles too. Needless to say I whiffed on my quints. Was hit or miss on my GPPs. 
Nice! I was 0-2(-$4) Paul and Gordon sucked and so did most of my Sac guys. Only hit on Bjelica, Capella and Davis. Scored 269 about 17 from min cashing in each.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoy building lineups on larger slates like tonight. It’s much tougher, but the exercise itself is fun for me. May have some time this afternoon to do a bit of a dive. If so, will post my thoughts here. Keep in mind tho, this is pre-Thanksgiving nba. Stuff is really unsettled right now. 

Anyone have any word on Embiid? Any Lakers fans out there who can give insight into what Lonzo's usage will look like now?

Won another ticket last night on 2 entries. The one lineup I had was horrible and the other was locked in rather early at 264. Managed to finish 93rd with a slew of underperformers and Lillard and Nance, must have been a tough night to score. 

Anyone cash that daily freeroll for a ticket yet (not points)? Did you get a voucher the next day? I haven’t seen anything. 

Bobcat10 said:
Anyone cash that daily freeroll for a ticket yet (not points)? Did you get a voucher the next day? I haven’t seen anything. 
Check your vouchers. I have one for $1 NBA Dribbler tonight, but didn't get any notification. It is from Sat game. They don't seem to do them til Monday-at least for weekend wins, which both of mine were. Last Friday I won a .25 voucher and it didn't show til Monday. But that time I got a notification to alert me it was there.

Ok thanks. I think it’s there at the top, it’s dated “Thursday”, and says it has to be used by 10/31. Doesn’t link to a contest. Assume it will open up Wednesday.

THat may be for the 10/31 contest that you qualify for by playing any of the tipofffs. I don't think that's your voucher. Does it correspond to the value of what you won? (Be sure to look under Vouchers, not just Notifications You probably did, but just want to be sure since rosters lock pretty soon if you do have one for tonight,)

ETA- Just checked and I don't have what you described so that could be for your voucher. 

Well Saturday didn’t go as planned — no time for anything. Spent a few minutes this evening looking at it.  Cash. 

Nikilitina/Bledsoe — not sold on Bledsoe but his salary fit. Niki gets what looks to be a dreadful Brooklyn defense. 

Crabbe/Jrue — with Brow out Jrue’s udage should increase. Crabbe’s minutes and usage should continue to increase and at $3600 he’s worth a dart. 

Mirotic/Lebron — Mirotic’s usage should be high w/ Brow out. O/u on the Lakers is 240 w/ a 1.5 line. Lebron is only constant there right now. 

Ilyasova/Ingram — illyasova is starting and cheap. Think he’s underrated as a player. Ingram will start in high scoring game. 

Randle — assuming he’s playing. He’s not my favorite play here, but his usage should be enough. 

3 Pellys is 1 too many but that’s where I am now. 

May not have time to build my GPPs. I suck at that anyway. Anyone have a favorite dart there? Will Simmons ho off tonight w/ all the talk about his awol shooting? Lord knows Atl can’t play defense. 

Thought a lot today but didn’t finish lineup til near tip. 

Rose seems pretty reliable at the moment while healthy and at his price point which isn’t moving. I’ve penciled him in like I have with McGee, LaVine (not automatic anymore), McGruder most nights, Harrell the past week, I know there’s a few others...

Bjelica is getting close but they’re going to bump him after tonight, I think.

Went right to Mirotic and Jrue with AD and Elfrid out. 

I prob should be playing more cash games since this seems like cash mentality. Not getting too fancy, finding my guys, and then filling in. Also not worrying too much about the dropped score. I’m finding most nights I have at least two players between 3500-4500 and that’s been working out. I hit the freeroll last night with Diallo’s 0 and won with Nwaba’s 0. I guess the drop is a positive to me.

Are the $1 and $2 5050 and 2x contests around 270 points in general?

THat may be for the 10/31 contest that you qualify for by playing any of the tipofffs. I don't think that's your voucher. Does it correspond to the value of what you won? (Be sure to look under Vouchers, not just Notifications You probably did, but just want to be sure since rosters lock pretty soon if you do have one for tonight,)

ETA- Just checked and I don't have what you described so that could be for your voucher. 
It worked, it’s just an entry into the Fadeaway. I think I had to either wait until tonight tipped off or all of tonight’s slates  to tip. Thanks.

Thought a lot today but didn’t finish lineup til near tip. 

Rose seems pretty reliable at the moment while healthy and at his price point which isn’t moving. I’ve penciled him in like I have with McGee, LaVine (not automatic anymore), McGruder most nights, Harrell the past week, I know there’s a few others...

Bjelica is getting close but they’re going to bump him after tonight, I think.

Went right to Mirotic and Jrue with AD and Elfrid out. 

I prob should be playing more cash games since this seems like cash mentality. Not getting too fancy, finding my guys, and then filling in. Also not worrying too much about the dropped score. I’m finding most nights I have at least two players between 3500-4500 and that’s been working out. I hit the freeroll last night with Diallo’s 0 and won with Nwaba’s 0. I guess the drop is a positive to me.

Are the $1 and $2 5050 and 2x contests around 270 points in general?
Depends on the slate, guys out, etc. looks like some folks are done @ 300 in my cash games, sitting at the top. Don’t know that they’ll cash when the dust settles. The dead spot is new. But so is the apparent league memo prohibiting defense from being played. 

Tonight looks high scoring. Embiid is a waste in one lineup. The other had the wrong Warrior. Don’t think my Pels can pull it out.

Lol. 317.6. Missed the cutline in all my doubles and all my 50/50’s by 0.6. Faded GS b/c I figured a curb-stomping was in the offing. Didn’t see 92 in the 1st half. 

It worked, it’s just an entry into the Fadeaway. I think I had to either wait until tonight tipped off or all of tonight’s slates  to tip. Thanks.
Glad you didn't miss it. Good luck. I just squeezed in over the cut line (308.9) in mine by 1.5 points. 

My lunchtime build for cash:

Paul/DJ

Lamb (I can’t believe I’m considering him)/Lou Williams

Prince/Anderson

Blake/Tobias

Gasol

2 Grizz and a former Vol. Might not be optimal lineup for everyone else. 

I threw together a couple lineups, mainly cash options but always drop them in a GPP, just in case.

D.J. Augustin, Kyrie, Lou Williams, Eric Gordon, Kyle Anderson, Batum, Tobias Harris, Aaron Gordon, Embiid

CP3, Kemba, Schroeder, J.J. Redick, Covington, Gerald Green, Jaren Jackson Jr, Ibaka, Drummond

Here is what I came up with.  Leaves $600 extra that I don't know what to do with.  Hopefully have time to rework, I think without Simmons.

Kemba, Simmons

McGruder, LWilliams

Bjelica, Turner

Harrell, ZCollins

Capela

I am not good at NBA at all so take what I say as a complete beginner.  I saw multiple reports that with morris and another player not in lineup that Jeff Green will get some added minutes.  As for the rest of my lineup I like bjelica, McGruder, Westbrook, and harell.  The rest is filler

I was hoping adams or noel would sit and it doesn't look like either would.  Anybody have a strong feeling on a center tonight?

I moved to green as well. Going back to well with Embiid. 

Paul, Walker

Fournier, LWill

Green, Bjelica

Siakam, ZCollins

Embiid

I have 

Westbrook Mack

Galloway Gordon

Anderson Bridges

Harris Gordon

Embiid

(oh, and I don't know what I am doing...)

Lilliard and George a combined 17% owned, now just need them to put up 130+. What's up with Nance tonight, foul trouble or just bad?

So how do we handle GS games right now? I like a couple Pelicans (Frazier and/or Jackson as $3500 darts w/ Elf out and Mirotic even if Brow is back) but not if the game is out of hand at the half. GS is going to give up points, they just may be to the 11th and 12th guys on NO. Then you have GS averaging 1.2 points per possession, but no one player (or even 2 players) keying it all. 

Saw multiple people play all 4 Warriors the other night and win.  And that was the blowout game.  They scored a combined 180 points.  Slotting them today leaves 5020 per open spot left.

Saw multiple people play all 4 Warriors the other night and win.  And that was the blowout game.  They scored a combined 180 points.  Slotting them today leaves 5020 per open spot left.
Yeah, but they had 92 at the half. If you assume that’s not likely again tonight, you have to wonder if 160 (their average) is good enough for $35,800. Seems like an ok gpp play, but not really cash, especially when you have that Lakers game sitting there w/ value everywhere. 

Anyone know why RG is so high on Tyus Jones?
Teague and Butler are out, but not sure why Tyus gets the big bump unless he’s in the starting lineup at min value. They prob will keep Rose’s role the same? Need to look at Okogie too, he was nice the one time I used him when Butler was out. 

Teague and Butler are out, but not sure why Tyus gets the big bump unless he’s in the starting lineup at min value. They prob will keep Rose’s role the same? Need to look at Okogie too, he was nice the one time I used him when Butler was out. 
I was looking at Okogie. They’re projecting 25.5 out of Tyus @ $3500. That just seems awfully optimistic unless there’s something I’m missing. 

Users who are viewing this thread