What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Undocumented Immigrant Thread (4 Viewers)

My guess is there are a lot Christians who are Republicans first and Christians second (or maybe Americans second and Christians third). At times I put other things above my Christian identity that I don't think I should, but it's easy for me to not put my politics or my citizenship above my faith because those are two things that just aren't nearly as important to me.
Ironically, mexicans are 83% christian which is a HIGHER percentage than in the US.  It's race plain and simple though they won't admit it

I try not to miss questions The Commish - you know this

Smaller bills vs larger ones is fine - embedding things into larger laws happen I think and that can be a mistake I think. Forging laws is their job - they can work every day to do it even if its not easy.

I'm a simple guy - why doesn't the Democrats go to Trump and say look, we don't want to fund your southern border security ideas .......... BUT we will if you'll give us ___________

Trump makes deals, its what he does ............ they can get something here GOP/Trump doesn't want to give.

What pisses me off is that for months they've all known this was coming - why didn't either side have the sense to have something packaged and ready to offer?  This is how our Govt works now like it or not. Also, like it or not, more southern barriers WOULD be beneficial, they've proven to be a good addition to border security, Democrats have spoken about them multiple times favorably, and voted on border security over and over

Why don't Schumer/Pelosi step up to the mic and say ok, we're voting for Trump's wall. We're going to trust this will work. If it does NOT work, we want the American people to know that our Commander in Chief got this wrong and failed. Put all the blame/credit to Trump publicly, explain that 5 billion isn't much in the grand scheme and they're breaking the deadlock and Fed workers would see the Democrats as having compromised and give them credit for breaking the deadlock, right ?
The bolded is false.  There was a deal in place, the Senate passed it 100-0.  Trump torpedoed it at the last minute because Rush and Ann Coulter called him a wimp.

As for your questions- why do all your questions put the burden on the Dems even though Trump openly admitted he was the one taking action to shut down the government?  Why doesn't Trump just sign a CR and then try to cut a deal for the wall in exchange for Dem immigration priorities in separate legislation?  He's the president. He's the one who single-handedly made the decision to shut down the government, by his own admission. He's the one who has bragged about his ability to work with Congress and make deals hundreds of times. He's also the one who promised that someone else would pay for the wall. Why are you letting him abandon his central campaign promises so readily?

The bolded is false.  There was a deal in place, the Senate passed it 100-0.  Trump torpedoed it at the last minute because Rush and Ann Coulter called him a wimp.

As for your questions- why do all your questions put the burden on the Dems even though Trump openly admitted he was the one taking action to shut down the government?  Why doesn't Trump just sign a CR and then try to cut a deal for the wall in exchange for Dem immigration priorities in separate legislation?  He's the president. He's the one who single-handedly made the decision to shut down the government, by his own admission. He's the one who has bragged about his ability to work with Congress and make deals hundreds of times. He's also the one who promised that someone else would pay for the wall. Why are you letting him abandon his central campaign promises so readily?
the bolded is true

both sides seem to be stumbling fools on what to do now .... these are the leaders, and they have no clue what to do. Its like a Mike Anderson team seeing a shift from zone to man to man .... absolutely stunned with no idea what to do.

didn't he do that yesterday? Didn't he ask Pelosi if he signed the budget to get past the partial shutdown would she then work on border security/wall and she said no, never no no no a wall

Trump drew a line

Pelosi/Schumer have drawn a line

now what ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I try not to miss questions The Commish - you know this

Smaller bills vs larger ones is fine - embedding things into larger laws happen I think and that can be a mistake I think. Forging laws is their job - they can work every day to do it even if its not easy.

I'm a simple guy - why doesn't the Democrats go to Trump and say look, we don't want to fund your southern border security ideas .......... BUT we will if you'll give us ___________

Trump makes deals, its what he does ............ they can get something here GOP/Trump doesn't want to give.

What pisses me off is that for months they've all known this was coming - why didn't either side have the sense to have something packaged and ready to offer?  This is how our Govt works now like it or not. Also, like it or not, more southern barriers WOULD be beneficial, they've proven to be a good addition to border security, Democrats have spoken about them multiple times favorably, and voted on border security over and over

Why don't Schumer/Pelosi step up to the mic and say ok, we're voting for Trump's wall. We're going to trust this will work. If it does NOT work, we want the American people to know that our Commander in Chief got this wrong and failed. Put all the blame/credit to Trump publicly, explain that 5 billion isn't much in the grand scheme and they're breaking the deadlock and Fed workers would see the Democrats as having compromised and give them credit for breaking the deadlock, right ?
Dude. How many times have you been given links about bipartisan deals that were there that Trump screwed up?  

Trump headed to the border to fight them off himself.

Going to tie his big clown tie around his head like Rambo and deal with this once and for all. 
Why does he wear his ties like that?

I mean - I guess there are a billion "why does Trump do ________" questions. And they all are answered with, "Because he's a cruel idiot."

The polling consistently shows that, among Trump’s base, the people that are pushing the strongest for the wall are evangelical Christian conservatives. 

Why? Why is this such a big issue for them? In the past their biggest issues were fighting against abortion and gay rights, and one can see the rationale for both stances given their religious beliefs. But why are they so afraid of undocumented immigrants? 
They are probably just trying to be more Christ-like.

Why does he wear his ties like that?

I mean - I guess there are a billion "why does Trump do ________" questions. And they all are answered with, "Because he's a cruel idiot."
How does he do anything in regard to his appearance? :lol:

He's delusional. It's honestly one of his strongest attributes. 

Leadership!

Kristen Welker‏Verified account @kwelkernbc

FollowFollow @kwelkernbc

More

When I asked @POTUS if the buck stops with him he tells me: “The buck stops with everyone.”

7:02 AM - 10 Jan 2019
it stops with me if it works....if it doesn't it's someone else's fault....

Ironically, mexicans are 83% christian which is a HIGHER percentage than in the US.  It's race plain and simple though they won't admit it
But like I said, I think a lot of these Christians value their Republican/American labels more than their Christian label. I assume these Mexicans are more likely to be Democrats than Republicans. They certainly aren't Americans. And, are they even real Christians. I mean, they're probably Catholics!

the bolded is true

both sides seem to be stumbling fools on what to do now .... these are the leaders, and they have no clue what to do. Its like a Mike Anderson team seeing a shift from zone to man to man .... absolutely stunned with no idea what to do.

didn't he do that yesterday? Didn't he ask Pelosi if he signed the budget to get past the partial shutdown would she then work on border security/wall and she said no, never no no no a wall

Trump drew a line

now what ?
Now the guy with no leverage who only needs the money because he utterly failed to accomplish his central campaign promise and who is proposing a project that a wide majority of Americans don't want and who has already admitted that he bears total responsibility for the shutdown comes to his senses and finally governs as if he is the President of the United States instead of the president of the red states. 

But that only happens if the minority of Americans who still support both him and his preposterous wall idea (i.e. you) do the same.

Trump headed to the border to fight them off himself.

Going to tie his big clown tie around his head like Rambo and deal with this once and for all. 
well first he needs to make sure he has the proper shoes to address his bone spurs in his feet as well as make sure he has proper arch support.  You really can't fight effectively without proper foot attire....unfortunately for America he would've won the Vietnam war if not for those damn bone spurs....

I genuinely wonder if Trump supporters even pay attention to what he says? It's surprising that they still have this image of a big tough alpha businessman when every quote is him passing the blame to others when something goes wrong and reaping praise when it works. 
of course they don't....they just look for reasons to spin and create false narratives.  If they listened they wouldn't be supporters.

you mean like multiple bills with bipartisan support?
its gotta be something they all agree on sure
Then this doesn't rest in the laps of Congress like you claim.  Congress did their job...they came to agreement on how to move forward.  Now it's on Trump.  He either needs to agree or convince the other two groups that his idea is better.  So far he's done neither.  The ball is completely and squarely in his court.  If you'll remember, he's on record saying that ONLY he can fix these sorts of things....time to step up, no?

It's amazing to watch. He's reached "god" status to them and now they're stuck "interpreting" his words to mean what they feel like he meant to say. Sad.
the wall is a metaphor....and when Mexico was supposed to pay for it it didn't mean that they were actually going to pay for it and besides I didn't even say what I said.  It's all fake news, the media is out to get me.  

We're pulling out of Syria today and we defeated ISIS our boys and girls are coming home...well when I said today and I meant we're staying indefinitely and I never said ISIS was defeated...FAKE NEWS!

I could go on and on and on and on and on.....

Wasn't Trump supposed to be a good negotiator?  I thought I heard that, no?  This is his first real negotiation with Congress and he's really doing well so far.... 

the bolded is true

Trump drew a line

now what ?
The minute super genius Trump said "I'll own the shutdown" this was a done deal. He botched this thing so badly. Either on purpose or because he's not capable of doing this, which is worse?

When he did his masterful negotiations in the business world his go to move was to not pay people, let them sue, lie, declare bankruptcy, stiff his contractors, on and on.

What did you think was going to happen when he tried to run the government?

The minute super genius Trump said "I'll own the shutdown" this was a done deal. He botched this thing so badly. Either on purpose or because he's not capable of doing this, which is worse?

When he did his masterful negotiations in the business world his go to move was to not pay people, let them sue, lie, declare bankruptcy, stiff his contractors, on and on.

What did you think was going to happen when he tried to run the government?
Stiff the worker...

:mellow:

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 6m6 minutes ago

Q: Does the buck stop with you over this shutdown?

Trump: "The buck stops with everybody."

There's always a tweet:

Donald J. Trump✔@realDonaldTrump

Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.

2:01 PM - Nov 8, 2013

• Smile
Reactions: Ned

you could check the thread before posting this for the nth time.  just a thought.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
you do realize this is about Pelosi/Schumer/Democrats winning as much as it is about Trump/GOP winning right ?

we have 600 miles of border that Schumer nd Democrats have said over and over makes it safer

“Illegal Immigration is wrong, plain and simple. Until the American people are convinced we will stop future flows of illegal immigration, we will make no progress.” - Schumer, 2009

“We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented and unchecked” - Obama, 2005

“I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in. And I do think you have to control your borders.” -  Clinton, 2015

watch what Schumer said

https://www.facebook.com/EricBollingBlazeTV/videos/363110577585098/?t=38
Maybe they're listening to the representatives of ALL the border districts in Congress who don't want a wall? :shrug:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trumps-border-wall-every-congressperson-along-southern-border-opposes-border-wall-funding-2019-1-8/

Just declare a national emergency and construct a military grade fence on the southern boarder.  The fence can be similar to the Eastern Front in WWI.  Protect it with drones. Problem solved for less than a billion.  

The supermajority (60% of states) that swept Trump into office during the landslide of 2016 will be happy.  

Just declare a national emergency and construct a military grade fence on the southern boarder.  The fence can be similar to the Eastern Front in WWI.  Protect it with drones. Problem solved for less than a billion.  

The supermajority (60% of states) that swept Trump into office during the landslide of 2016 will be happy.  
Wa La..

My guess is there are a lot Christians who are Republicans first and Christians second (or maybe Americans second and Christians third). At times I put other things above my Christian identity that I don't think I should, but it's easy for me to not put my politics or my citizenship above my faith because those are two things that just aren't nearly as important to me.
and quite frankly most mexicans that i have interacted with are honest work ridiculously hard all for their family to make something better for them and actually practice christian values and observe the churchs rules like its their job now hey that is just the mexcians that i have worked with but to me those mexicans seemed to be prettygreat old school americans take that to the bank bromigos 

He is definitely going to declare an emergency and attempt to take the money from the military budget. It's his only off ramp.  He's painted himself into a corner and he's exhausted every other measure. He has nowhere to go and there's a zero chance that congress is funding his medieval wall. So he'll declare an emergency. It'll be challenged and go to court. Government will reopen. He'll lose badly in court. And he'll claim that he didn't cave and fought for his base.

Users who are viewing this thread