What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Josh Jacobs, GB (4 Viewers)

It will definitely be tough sledding and I am not expecting a big game. 

But you can't not play Jacobs if he's in. 

Guy is super tough and plays well through injury. Just a really tough matchup and the Pats will be keyed on stopping him as the entire offense relies on Jacobs opening up other aspects of the game.

Josh Jacobs rushed 16 times for 71 yards in the Raiders' Week 3 loss to the Patriots.

He added three catches for 12 yards on four targets in the passing game. After racking up 30-plus touches each in Weeks 1 and 2, the Raiders trailed the entire second half of this one and had to start passing the ball more, limiting Jacobs' volume. He still handled 16-of-20 backfield carries and was tied for second on the team in targets. Jacobs gets another tough draw against the Bills in Week 4 but will obviously remain an RB1.

Sep 27, 2020, 5:16 PM ET

Josh Jacobs rushed 15 times for 48 yards and caught 3-of-4 targets for 25 yards in the Raiders' Week 4 loss to the Bills.

Notoriously game-script dependent, Jacobs suffered when the Bills jumped out to a second-half lead. He's more involved while trailing in 2020 than he was in 2019, but the lack of a true three-down role exposes him to a few clunkers when Las Vegas is chasing points. That could be the case in Kansas City next week, although the Chiefs have begged teams to run the ball against them for years now. Jacobs, who is on pace for 1,200 rushing yards and 12 rushing touchdowns, will be on a midrange RB1. His 52-catch pace is solid.

Oct 4, 2020, 8:07 PM ET

The Bills were stout up front yesterday, but Jacobs is too good to be bottled up like he was. That game script needs to include some screens to Jacobs to loosen things up. 

The Bills were stout up front yesterday, but Jacobs is too good to be bottled up like he was. That game script needs to include some screens to Jacobs to loosen things up. 
Not sure why Gruden doesn’t run more screens.  It’s a great play to make defenses cover all of the field

Not sure why Gruden doesn’t run more screens.  It’s a great play to make defenses cover all of the field
It makes no sense. Carr was locked in on his TE and trying to get Agolar the ball deep. Jacobs in the flat seemed like a no brainer given the lack of time Carr had in the pocket.

what's the deal with Jacobs? His YPC has been dismal, and I'm talking about the totality of the season, not just the Bucs game....is he a good buy low, or should we expect pedestrian #'s ROS

Raiders RB Josh Jacobs (knee) was limited at Thursday's practice. 

Jacobs has now been limited two days in a row with the knee injury, which is new this week. He'll be a go for Week 8 against Cleveland if he gets in at least a limited practice on Friday. Devontae Booker and Jalen Richard would likely split the backfield workload if Jacobs were inactive against the Browns. 

RELATED: 

Devontae Booker

, Jalen Richard

SOURCE: Nate Ulrich on Twitter

Oct 29, 2020, 4:43 PM ET

Josh Jacobs rushed 31 times for 128 yards in the Raiders' Week 8 win over the Browns.

With rainy and windy conditions, the Raiders opted for a run-heavy attack and the Browns did little to slow him down. Jacobs only mixed in a handful of 10+ yard runs but consistently broke tackles for steady yardage. The Raiders could've had a bigger day if RT Trent Brown was healthy. Jacobs' fantasy value is completely tied to if the Raiders are leading or trailing each week. Vegas will head to Los Angeles for a must-win game against the Chargers. Jacobs will be on the RB1/2 border then.

- Rotoworld
Not only was the weather terrible with rain and high winds, positive game script allowed him to feast even more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh Jacobs (knee, illness) was downgraded to "DNP" for Thursday's practice. 

We wouldn't normally bat an eye at this — Jacobs has been listed with his knee many times this season — but it is notable that the Raiders promoted RB Theo Riddick from the practice squad on Thursday. We still haven't seen anything to suggest that Jacobs might miss Sunday's game against the Chargers, but fantasy managers must obviously now double check their RB1's status on Friday. Devontae Booker and Jalen Richard would form a committee in the unlikely even Jacobs doesn't go. 

Nov 5, 2020, 6:39 PM ET

Josh Jacobs rushed seven times for 27 yards in the Raiders' Week 12 loss to the Falcons.

Jacobs was injured on a late-third quarter lost fumble, grabbing his ankle as he crawled on the field. With the Raiders getting stomped 40-6 early in the fourth quarter, Vegas elected to remove Jacobs from the game. It was a truly embarrassing performance from the Raiders as a team, and the score certainly played a part in Jacobs seeing just 10 touches. (He caught three passes for 17 yards on three targets in the pass game.) Jacobs gets a Week 13 date with the Jets should he be healthy. If not, Devontae Booker will be on the RB2 map.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh Jacobs suffered an ankle injury in Week 12 against Atlanta. 

Jacobs will have tests on the ankle Monday morning. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said the injury "looked worse than it is," which is good news, seeing that the injury appeared catastrophic on the field. Jacobs had seven carries for 27 yards before the injury. Devontae Booker led the team in carries from there, generating six yards on five rushing attempts. Booker should be a waiver wire priority this week for fantasy players in need of a plug-and-play RB2/3. 

RELATED: 

Devontae Booker

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 30, 2020, 10:27 AM ET

Just an ankle sprain per Ian Rapoport 
Hopefully not long term...still going to try and grab Booker dropping my other 5th RB depth (Lindsay this week...gave up on Latavius...prior to QBs getting sat down in Denver...thinking long term and schedule for Denver vs. Kamara and Hill for NO taking so much work).  Anyway...would rather have Booker possibly this week than most others out there.  Gives me a play if Jacobs can't go (and have Rojo on bye).

Tbh, and I'm not trying to be insensitive here but, when I initially watched that run it looked like Jacobs was totally fine until he fumbled, and then he was embarrassed and knew that he shouldn't have fought for the extra yards when he was already wrapped up, or at least he should have protected the ball better if were determined to do so. 

Every replay shows me the same thing too. I don't see the guy getting injured. I see him making a dumb error and then doing what many athletes do in the aftermath... blaming it on their body, rather than their mind. 

I honestly think he's totally fine. He'll pretend to be limited this week and then look completely healthy in the game. 

Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Josh Jacobs (ankle) has a "chance" to play in Week 13 against the Jets.

It's fortunately just a sprained ankle for Jacobs, which gives him a shot to suit up for Sunday. Devontae Booker led the team in carries after Jacobs exited in Las Vegas' no-show against the Falcons, generating six yards on five rushing attempts. Expect Booker to make an appearance in John Daigle's Waiver Wire column Tuesday since the Raiders are slated to face a Jets defense that has allowed the most receptions to opposing running backs on the year.

RELATED: 

Devontae Booker

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 30, 2020, 3:01 PM ET

The good news is that the LV@JETS is a SUN at 1pm game.......so fantasy owners will know and can adjust rosters/lineups IF the ankle causes him to sit

Josh Jacobs was held out of Wednesday's practice with an ankle injury.

On Monday we were told that Jacobs' injury "looked worse than it is" after seeing just seven carries for 27 yards. RapSheet suggested there is a chance that Jacobs does play against the Jets in Week 13, but missing the first practice of the week is a pessimistic start to his availability. Devontae Booker would see a large workload if Jacobs misses any time.

Dec 2, 2020, 10:34 PM ET

Seems like the tide keeps shifting on the news with Jacobs. First he escaped serious injury, just a ankle tweak. Looks as if he will start. Now not practicing being cautious to might be more serious and a lil more doubt creeps in. He'll most likely play, correct?  I'm just looking at Booker with Connor on the shelf and Swift still lingering along with head discomfort and now with a cloud of doubt, and CMC / Davis on a bye means I may be in need of a RB 2 now. Gore, Booker. and perhaps K Johnson if Swift is out. Not a whole lot out there in the RB land. So, I'll throw a few dollars Booker's way, more dollars on Gore though. Unless we knew Booker is the clear cut 1. Even if Jacobs is set to play I imagine Booker will see an uptick. 

Seems like the tide keeps shifting on the news with Jacobs. First he escaped serious injury, just a ankle tweak. Looks as if he will start. Now not practicing being cautious to might be more serious and a lil more doubt creeps in. He'll most likely play, correct?  I'm just looking at Booker with Connor on the shelf and Swift still lingering along with head discomfort and now with a cloud of doubt, and CMC / Davis on a bye means I may be in need of a RB 2 now. Gore, Booker. and perhaps K Johnson if Swift is out. Not a whole lot out there in the RB land. So, I'll throw a few dollars Booker's way, more dollars on Gore though. Unless we knew Booker is the clear cut 1. Even if Jacobs is set to play I imagine Booker will see an uptick. 
I picked up Booker.  Worth a hold to see what happens.   

Highly doubt he'll play this week. I'm actually surprised there was optimism after the scans - seemed like he got luck because IMO it looked really bad in real time. Still, I'd expect him to be ruled out well before the game, but if it isn't overly serious like they indicated a couple of days ago, Booker might only get a week as the starter. 

BoerumHill said:
solid to high end RB2 IMO

he’s looked way better than his Denver days this year, capable receiver, Gruden prefers a clear lead back
Yeah...he slides right in for me for Jacobs if Jacobs is out.  Not really much of a choice with RoJo on a bye and Gurley banged up and against NO.  Already relying on the Hoodie to give Damian Harris the ball more for my flex.

Users who are viewing this thread