What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool mock draft #1 - round 3?? (1 Viewer)

3.24 Chicago Bears select Sutton Smith, OLB Northern Illinois

With pick 88, the Bears play to their strengths by adding one of the best pass rushers in college football in 2017 & 2018, a disruptive undersized edge rusher who can play across from Mack on passing downs. A savvy and skilled player with a great motor, Smith could develop into an every-down player to replace Leonard Floyd in a year or two.

3.25 Lions Isaac Nauta TE Georgia 

Huge area of need for Detroit. They are pretty lucky that a solid TE has fallen here (at least I think he has). He’s a good blocker and should develop into a reliable over the middle target.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I was gone all day.

I dont think the Vikings need a 3rd WR that bad.

The player I was targeting and willing to trade up for is still available.

Last edited by a moderator:
3.20 Darrell Henderson RB Memphis 5'9 200lbs - Call me not totally sold on Conners. Henderson could be the best RB in this class and if he's on your team, he's not on the team playing you. His tape looks like a total game-changer.
And fantasy owners of Conners and/or early draft picks all let out a groan simultaneously.  

Not really, no.

I'm looking at the Vikings ranking of 21st in Red Zone scoring percentage and thinking it's a clear area for improvement. 
That's supposed to be Rudolph's job. He's not that good either though.

The Vikings do need a 3rd passing option for when teams double AT and Diggs.

Cook seems like the best choice to me. Beebe and Treadwell can mix in  

Not sure Samia would be here anyways. No 4th round pick. I'd like to see the Vikings get 2 starters from this draft. I think he is good enough to accomplish that.

I do hope the Vikings sign the center from Denver and bring back Easton in free agency. They and Reiff are not long term answers though. They always get hurt too so depth is important.

Compensatory picks!

Let's knock this out.

3.33 Washington - QB Will Grier, WVU
Very good production, and he looks good when his mechanics are good (including a 66mph throw). Arguably the BPA, sometimes mocked as high as the 1st round. QB is a huge need that Washington is planning to address in 2020, but if they can hit on a mid-round dart throw here then that would be nice. Or he could be a cheap adequate stopgap, or he could help them get an early pick to get that 2020 QB.

3.34 New England - DB Amani Hooker, Iowa
Smart, versatile DB who was effective at SS, slot corner, and even something closer to an OLB role. Belichick can move him around to figure out what roles he can fill at the NFL level.

3.35 L.A. Rams - EDGE Joe Jackson, Miami Fl
3.36 L.A. Rams - EDGE Austin Bryant, Clemson
Rams double down on edge rushers, trying to find guys who can take advantage of Donald & Suh, especially with Fowler probably headed elsewhere. My pass rusher ratings and the NFL rankings both have them among the best available.

3.37 Carolina - SS Jaquan Johnson, Miami Fl
Johnson is a strong tackler who is great in run support. He played both safety spots in college but is a more natural fit at SS. The Panthers are more in need of a FS but are generally thin at safety, so they take the best S available.

3.38 New England - WR Andy Isabella, UMass
Too obvious? Isabella was a Biletnikoff finalist and arguably the best WR in college football last year. Downside is that he's small (as short as Welker, and a few pounds lighter); wherever could he fine a home in the NFL? He has more speed than guys like Welker, Crowder, or Edelman, and seems more comparable to Lockett.

3.39 Baltimore - OG Michael Jordan, Ohio State
Ravens need a guard, and many rankings have him as the best available.

And just for fun here are the generic rookie rankings for PPR fantasy rookie drafts, assuming that this is the actual draft order. These are based on historical data, taking into account only the player's position and draft slot.

RB    Jacobs    PHI    (pick 25)
WR    Metcalf    WAS    (pick 15)
TE    Hockenson    GB    (pick 12)
WR    M Brown    NE    (pick 32)
WR    N Harry    IND    (pick 34)
WR    A Brown    SF    (pick 36)
RB    Montgomery    HOU    (pick 55)
QB    Haskins    NYG    (pick 6)
QB    K Murray    JAC    (pick 7)
WR    H Butler    BUF    (pick 40)
TE    Fant    OAK    (pick 35)
RB    D Harris    TB    (pick 78)
RB    D Henderson    PIT    (pick 83)
WR    Harmon    TEN    (pick 51)
RB    Singletary    KC    (pick 92)
RB    Holyfield    NYJ    (pick 93)
WR    D Samuel    IND    (pick 59)
WR    Arcega-Whiteside    ARI    (pick 65)
[day 3 RBs could slot in from here on down]
WR    R Ridley    OAK    (pick 66)
WR    P Campbell    JAC    (pick 69)
TE    I Smith    CIN    (pick 42)
WR    McLaurin    MIN    (pick 81)
WR    M Hardman    BAL    (pick 85)
WR    E Hall    CLE    (pick 95)
TE    Sternberger    NE    (pick 64)
TE    K Smith    BUF    (pick 74)
WR    Isabella    NE    (pick 104)
[day 3 WRs could slot in from here on down]
QB    Lock    MIA    (pick 39)
TE    Nauta    DET    (pick 88)
QB    D Jones    DEN    (pick 41)
TE    D Raymond    JAC    (pick 94)
[day 3 TEs could slot in from here on down]
QB    Grier    WAS    (pick 96)

Obviously other things like landing spot would matter too, giving a boost to guys like Singletary and Sternberger.

3.24 Chicago Bears select Sutton Smith, OLB Northern Illinois

With pick 88, the Bears play to their strengths by adding one of the best pass rushers in college football in 2017 & 2018, a disruptive undersized edge rusher who can play across from Mack on passing downs. A savvy and skilled player with a great motor, Smith could develop into an every-down player to replace Leonard Floyd in a year or two.

This is possibly the least of all positions as far as need for the Bears. Arguably the best LB group in the league. Floyd will get his 5th year option and be around for 2 more years at least.

With the 3rd and 4th being the only mid picks the Bears have, they need to address other poitions

- RB - possible replacement for Howard

- DB - Prince needs replacing probably in 2020, likely to lose Amos or Callahan this year.

- OL - expect Long to be a 2020 cap casualty

Agreed that that SS & slot corner are big needs for the Bears unless they re-sign Amos and Callahan, and they could also use interior OL and a RB.

But I strongly disagree with the idea that they're set at edge rusher. Even if you're happy with Floyd, there is a lot of value in having a deep group of pass rushers (as teams like Philly have shown) so that fresh guys can rotate in and you're robust to injuries, and a Sam Acho is not exactly quality depth. And I am not happy with Floyd - I think he was the worst guy on the field in their nickel defense, and is worse as a pass rusher than as a run defender. Plus he's scheduled to be gone in a year (since it's questionable whether it'll be worth keeping him on for his 5th year option) or two.

Users who are viewing this thread