What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Parris Campbell, PHI (3 Viewers)

Lets put it this, would you start him ahead of Hilton? Thats the dilemma I have in one dynasty league and am not ready to make that decision yet. Hilton still had more targets so not convinced that impressive week 1 was anything more than game script. 

Lets put it this, would you start him ahead of Hilton? Thats the dilemma I have in one dynasty league and am not ready to make that decision yet. Hilton still had more targets so not convinced that impressive week 1 was anything more than game script. 
People are really already moving him ahead of Hilton after one game? I get it's better to be early than late, but this seems excessive. 

People are equating him to the new Keenan Allen, given Rivers's history of who he throws to. Just like Taylor and Hines being called the new Gordon/Ekeler.  It's slightly lazy, but not without merit.

ETA - Taylor and Campbell owner, so...giddyup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Colts WR Parris Campbell was forced from Sunday's game against the Vikings with a left knee injury. 

Harrison Smith awkwardly arrived around Campbell's knee at the end of a sweep, and Campbell went down in immediate agony. He did not take any steps before being loaded onto the cart, where he was in obvious distress. Campbell's Sunday is obviously through. The questions is now his season. It's a bitter development for a talented young player whose career has been injury-crossed so far. 

Sep 20, 2020, 1:19 PM ET

Sorry folks. It’s my fault. 

Thomas

golladay

Brown

Campbell
Well, that was short lived.   Golladay hasn’t got on the field.   Parker can’t stay on the field.   Campbell is going to miss some time and may have to replaced.   Sorry in advance for the player that I add.  

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Parris Campbell avoided a torn ACL.

Campbell was carted off with in Sunday's win, but it sounds like he's avoided a major injury. The Colts will know more after he gets an MRI. Campbell is still likely looking at missing a few games.

SOURCE: NFL Network

Sep 20, 2020, 6:26 PM ET

Colts WR Parris Campbell will be out "indefinitely" after injuring his PCL in the Colts' Week 2 win over the Vikings. 

As previously reported, Campbell avoided an ACL tear. The PCL damage will keep him out for a while though. Campbell has been limited to nine games and 24 receptions thanks for a never-ending string of injuries. He seemed prime to supplant T.Y. Hilton as the team's No. 2 wideout. Hilton saw five targets against the Vikings with Campbell out -- one of which was a lengthy touchdown drop. Look for Hilton to see more volume with Campbell out.

- Rotoworld

Colts WR Parris Campbell will be out "indefinitely" after injuring his PCL in the Colts' Week 2 win over the Vikings. 

As previously reported, Campbell avoided an ACL tear. The PCL damage will keep him out for a while though. Campbell has been limited to nine games and 24 receptions thanks for a never-ending string of injuries. He seemed prime to supplant T.Y. Hilton as the team's No. 2 wideout. Hilton saw five targets against the Vikings with Campbell out -- one of which was a lengthy touchdown drop. Look for Hilton to see more volume with Campbell out.

- Rotoworld
This actually is good news with the way things went yesterday around the league.

Freaking IR him then so I can put him on my IR (Dynasty league).....so frustrating. 

Head coach Frank Reich said Monday that Campbell, who was placed on injured reserve today, isn't necessarily done for the season, but that any evaluations on his potential playing status would have to be made down the road. So for now, the Colts have to once again move on without the electric Campbell in their lineup, and Sirianni said it's not just going to come down to one player taking on his role.

Freaking IR him then so I can put him on my IR (Dynasty league).....so frustrating. 
Actually MFL did put him as (I) yesterday, but now it's back to (O).  Same for Barkley.  I submitted a ticket to MFL from one of my leagues.

Colts coach Frank Reich said Parris Campbell (knee, IR) is not officially out for the season.

Even so, Campbell isn't expected to return until well after Indianapolis' Week 7 bye. Perhaps the team forces the issue and pushes for Campbell to return earlier since Michael Pittman (calf) is sidelined until Week 8. Fantasy players with thin benches can still feel comfortable dropping Campbell for other needs.

SOURCE: Kevin Bowen on Twitter

Sep 28, 2020, 4:53 PM ET

Colts general manager Chris Ballard said Parris Campbell would be a "valuable member of the team" in 2021 and beyond. 

Campbell went to injured reserve after suffering a serious knee injury in Week 2 -- an injury Ballard called "bad luck." Campbell struggled through a hamstring injury, sports hernia, broken hand, and broken foot in his 2019 rookie year. The explosive wideout looked to be emerging as the team's slot receiver after leading the Colts in targets in their Week 1 loss to Jacksonville. Campbell, 23, is expected back to start the 2021 season and could become a core part of a passing attack led by Michael Pittman. T.Y. Hilton is widely expected to move on in free agency. 

SOURCE: George Bremer on Twitter 

Jan 14, 2021, 1:20 PM ET

Colts WR Parris Campbell (knee) said he's 100 percent recovered. 

Campbell, who suffered a season-ending knee injury in Week 2 last season, has been cleared to practice. His Week 1 usage was encouraging: Operating as the Colts slot receiver, he saw nine targets, catching six balls for 71 yards. Campbell, 24 in July, will have had nearly a full year to recover by the start of the 2021 season. He's long been hampered by injuries. Campbell's rookie campaign was marred by four separate injuries, including a season-ending broken foot). He could be a cheap source of PPR points this season if Carson Wentz can find his form. Campbell has changed his jersey number to 1. Adjust your ranks. 

SOURCE: Stephen Holder on Twitter

May 19, 2021, 12:11 PM ET

Parris Campbell (Achilles') was upgraded to full for Thursday's practice.

With T.Y. Hilton out, the speedster from Ohio State is slated for a sizeable target share in Week 1, where the Colts are hosting Seattle. Campbell reeled in six catches for 71 yards in the Colts opener against Jacksonville last season and it would not at all be surprising if he was in that same stratosphere due to the Hilton target vacuum. How exciting it turns out will depend on how well his recovery from the torn Achilles' has gone and how long he can remain healthy. 

Sep 9, 2021, 5:45 PM ET

NFL Week 1 fantasy football questions and answers: 32 reporters give advice on Julio Jones, Ravens running backs, more

Excerpt:

Which pass-catcher do you expect to step up in the absence of TY Hilton?

This is the perfect opportunity for Parris Campbell to step up. Coach Frank Reich said this week that Campbell has progressed so much that the Colts can line him up anywhere on the field -- in the slot, out wide or use him in motion. None of that will mean anything if Campbell can't stay healthy. He has played only nine games in his first two seasons because of injuries. -- Mike Wells

Colts declared Parris Campbell inactive for Week 2 against the Rams.

Campbell was a late addition to the injury report this week, first appearing Friday with an abdomen injury. Michael Pittman, who also appeared on the Friday injury report with an ankle, is active for Week 2. Campbell's absence should mean more targets for Pittman and Zach Pascal. It could also open up playing time for seventh round rookie Mike Strachan, who saw the field for limited snaps in Week 1. The Colts also declared OL Will Fries, CB Xavier Rhodes, DE Isaac Rochell, T Braden Smith and DT Chris Williams inactive for Week 2.

RELATED: 

Michael Pittman

, Zach Pascal

, Mike Strachan

Parris Campbell (abdomen) remained "limited" on Thursday. 

It's hard to say where Campbell is at after he was added to the injury report last Friday and missed Sunday's game against the Rams. The "limited" tags suggest he will have a shot to suit up vs. Tennessee, but we lack a Week 2 baseline to operate off of since he was a late addition. Even if Campbell does suit up, it will be to a nightmare quarterback situation without Carson Wentz, removing him from any Week 3 consideration, DFS or otherwise. 

Sep 23, 2021, 6:13 PM ET

He's become a roster clogger...feel like I can't drop him...but can't imagine a situation where he's EVER in my lineup....is he ever going to be active is probably the bigger question....

Parris Campbell caught 2-of-4 targets for nine yards in Indianapolis' Week 3 loss to the Titans.

A safe drop in most leagues, Campbell has yet to show much of the burst and tackle-breaking ability he had before his Achilles tear and is still dealing with limited practices following an abdomen injury. The Colts simply have better options right now, and that's before T.Y. Hilton is off IR. Monitor, don't roster. 
Watched a bit of the game, he definitely isn't back to pre-injury  form.

Parris Campbell (foot) exited Indianapolis' Week 6 game against the Texans and has been ruled out. 

Campbell had a 51-yard touchdown catch through split safety coverage before leaving. Campbell was initially questionable to return. It was a big play, but Campbell continues to struggle with injuries. 

Oct 17, 2021, 1:53 PM ET

Colts WR Parris Campbell had surgery on his injured foot. 

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said Campbell, who injured his foot last week against the Texans, is "potentially" out for the remainder of the regular season. Campbell, 24, has played just 14 games since the Colts drafted him in 2019. He had ten catches on 17 targets for 162 yards and a touchdown this year before going down with the foot injury. Campbell's absence could create more opportunity for Zach Pascal, who has run the second most pass routes among Indianapolis wideouts and leads Colts receivers with three touchdowns. The team's passing offense will still revolve around Michael Pittman. 

RELATED: 

Zach Pascal

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Oct 22, 2021, 10:28 AM ET

Is anyone still holding in deeper dynasty leagues? It has been 3 seasons already with minimal impact. I would imagine the odds of him being flex worthy has to be low at this point. 

Is anyone still holding in deeper dynasty leagues? It has been 3 seasons already with minimal impact. I would imagine the odds of him being flex worthy has to be low at this point. 
Ive been holding him but if I need to drop a player he is the 1st to go - like his skills but simply cant stay healthy.  Should be on the  WW if he starts to stay healthy.  

I plan to hold him until about week 4. If he's not getting any targets, while being healthy, I'll almost certainly cut him for a waiver-wire pickup. He has every opportunity to succeed now, it just depends on his body being able to take play at the NFL level. 

He has shown flashes of talent.

Users who are viewing this thread