What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How Believable is This? Music question. (2 Viewers)

How believable is it that a 45 year old American man has never heard the song "You Spin Me Round"?

• No way. Impossible.

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • I guess it's possible. Very weird but possible.

Votes: 46 37.7%
  • I can see it happening. A little odd but not crazy.

Votes: 41 33.6%
  • Very believable. Not strange at all.

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Totally believable. I've never heard it either.

Votes: 7 5.7%

• Total voters
A 45 year old would have been 11 years old when the song was originally released in 1985.  That's a bit young for some to be wired into pop culture.

It was a hit in the USA but not as huge as it was in Britain.
But it also seeped into pop culture in TV and movies as a usually comic call back to the decade. So even if you missed it back then, it's still been around. Right round.

Maybe he knows the song but just didn't know the song was called You Spin Me Round. Kind of like how Bohemian Rhapsody isnt mentioned 
He claims he has never heard the song before.  
I assume you mean he actually listened to the song and didn't recognize it?

Because I'm one of those people who often can't remember names of songs and/or who sang what.  You can name songs/singers and I'll be shuked but then I hear them and it turns out they're obvious and I can even sing along.  Of course, "You Spin Me Round" is descriptive enough of a title for me that I knew it right away - but if you played the song and asked me to name it I couldn't, and there's no way I would have been able to tell you that Dead or Alive was the band.

I assume you mean he actually listened to the song and didn't recognize it?

Because I'm one of those people who often can't remember names of songs and/or who sang what.  You can name songs/singers and I'll be shuked but then I hear them and it turns out they're obvious and I can even sing along.  Of course, "You Spin Me Round" is descriptive enough of a title for me that I knew it right away - but if you played the song and asked me to name it I couldn't, and there's no way I would have been able to tell you that Dead or Alive was the band.
He claims he has never heard the song before. 

El Floppo said:
A 45 year old would have been 11 years old when the song was originally released in 1985.  That's a bit young for some to be wired into pop culture.

It was a hit in the USA but not as huge as it was in Britain.
But it also seeped into pop culture in TV and movies as a usually comic call back to the decade. So even if you missed it back then, it's still been around. Right round.
This song, right?

Never heard it until a few minutes ago. Definitely have never heard it. Doesn’t even seem remotely familiar.

As mentioned earlier, did not see “The Wedding Singer.”

In 1984 I was listening to Synchronicity by The Police (first album/cassette I ever bought) and probably Thriller about 90 times a day. Those other guys just weren't my genre de préférence, esé.

Someone I personally know has never heard of the band Jethro Tull. This person is in their late 40's. This person also attended Bob Jones University. So there is that....

ive never not heard it the thing is i suffer from a condition called doainitus which is like ringing in your ears except the ringing is right round take that to the bank bromigos

Users who are viewing this thread