What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Mock Draft -- That's a wrap. Thanks everyone! (1 Viewer)

Chicago Bulls select Jalen Lecque, G,  University of None

Very raw but NBA positional size/length and elite athleticism.  We let him play mostly in the G-League next year and see what we've got.

dang, wanted Bazely

2.09 Nawlins takes Luguentz Dort G ASU

might as well have the Zion of guards to go with the Zion of Zions. 6'4 230 w hops (i'm secretly drafting him as Patriots' TE). plus, i wanna hear Marv shout "Luguentz Dort" without his teeth falling out or wig falling off once b4 we die.

@caustic

Last edited by a moderator:
@flranger is up

@modogg is on deck. 
been up for a bit. here is my pick, if @flranger wants this guy i can pick someone else:

2.12 (42)  Eric Paschall, Villanova (PF).   some project him as a late first rounder, so at 42 Sixers see value. Kid can be a 3 or 4, and is big and lengthy. Shot 39% from 3, and  can be a nice role player who can switch a bit on defensse

been up for a bit. here is my pick, if @flranger wants this guy i can pick someone else:

2.12 (42)  Eric Paschall, Villanova (PF).   some project him as a late first rounder, so at 42 Sixers see value. Kid can be a 3 or 4, and is big and lengthy. Shot 39% from 3, and  can be a nice role player who can switch a bit on defensse
taken 1.29, dogg. try again

The Brooklyn Nets have acquired a second round pick in exchange for cash considerations, and they will select Darius Bazley, F, Princeton High School

@Juxtatarot is on the clock!
Oooooh I meant I wanted a 2nd round pick swap.  Can we include Sacramento somehow and you give Dallas the 60th pick?

taken 1.29, dogg. try again
thanks, i guess he is that underwhelming that i looked and didn't see him. 

Really not interested in this guy, but let's see him a year in the G league and if he has any value or not. Likely trading this for cash or something, but since we want to get this going before Thursday:

2.12 (42)  Admiral Schofield, Tenn.  a wing who shot 38% from 3 in college. little rangy, and good character guy. Start in G league for the year and let's see if he can keep that 3 up enough to make him a legit 3-D and a good 8 or 9 on the roster

Oooooh I meant I wanted a 2nd round pick swap.  Can we include Sacramento somehow and you give Dallas the 60th pick?
Sure, my bad - let’s have the official trade look something like this:

Brooklyn receives: Pick 37 (Dallas)

Dallas receives: Pick 60 (Sacramento), cash considerations (Brooklyn)

Sacramento receives: Cash considerations (Brooklyn), Portland’s 2020 2nd (from Brooklyn; top-55 protected)

2.13 (43) - Naz Reid, LSU

This from NBADraft.net sums him up pretty well.  No idea what I'm getting here, but it could be something!

Outlook: Naz is seen by a "boom or bust" wild card by scouts as some aren't sold on his toughness and dedication to the game ... He has a wide range of projections entering the draft process ... He is probably a bit more team fit dependent than other draft prospects ... Reid has to be drafted to a team that has patience and gives him the availability to progress and also feel comfortable enough to put his guard down and develop relationships with the staff ... Reid is without a doubt is a first round talent, but his inconsistency puts his draft range in question ...

I'll make Atlanta's picks.  We got out of order but no big deal.

At 41, Atlanta takes Tacko Fall.  Not only the tallest player in the draft, but the one with the best name.  I liked him in the tournament.  At a minimum, he'd be awesome to defend against the last second inbound plays.

At 44, Atlanta realizes they have way too many young players to develop and go with Deividas Sirvydis as a draft and stash.

I'll make Atlanta's picks.  We got out of order but no big deal.

At 41, Atlanta takes Tacko Fall.  Not only the tallest player in the draft, but the one with the best name.  I liked him in the tournament.  At a minimum, he'd be awesome to defend against the last second inbound plays.

At 44, Atlanta realizes they have way too many young players to develop and go with Deividas Sirvydis as a draft and stash.
FYI, you put Sirvydis in at both 41 and 44 in the running draft of the first post.  Just want to make sure no one else tries to draft Fall.

Detroit takes Isaiah Roby, SF, Nebraska 

If you look at the Pistons’ roster on ESPN, there are zero players listed at small forward. Just a bunch of journeyman shooting guards splitting time there. Roby is potentially a plus defender and would give them a guy who can actually guard that position. If he can improve his shot he could have a significant role down the road.

ok. Really wanted Carson Edwards or Wilner with these 2, so Sixers are open for trades

2.3 (33)  -  Grant Williams, Tennessee Not a sexy pick, but a good guy who can switch on defense and can fill the 4 position. Some mocks have him as a pick in the 20s, so putting faith in other scouts. Seen him as fringe lottery, but he seems to be falling because he isn't a youtube or Sportscenter highlight guy. Sixers have enough of those, so this guy could fit in well as a nice role player off the bench with high basketball IQ

2.4 (34)  -  and this was supposed to be my pick in the 40s, but F'n Suns and Nets screwed me up,. so pulling trigger on my man with the 2 ACL tears to the same knee already. Sixers medical staff got this. Jontay Porter, C Miss. Kid has real good upside, but he is 19 and Sixers can put him in for 10-12 minutes a night. he doesn't need to overexert, and can shoot from outside. 
not sure if you head the latest RTRS with Elon Vinakourek (or i have no idea how to spell it), but he mentioned that one of the porters' sisters has torn her ACL 5 times and another one had to medically retire.  That of course on top of his brother Michael's well-known major injuries.  Some genes in that family.

not sure if you head the latest RTRS with Elon Vinakourek (or i have no idea how to spell it), but he mentioned that one of the porters' sisters has torn her ACL 5 times and another one had to medically retire.  That of course on top of his brother Michael's well-known major injuries.  Some genes in that family.
yeah, actually listened to it today. 5 ACL tears is certainly persistence

With the 48th pick in this long-as$ draft... the 2020 NBA Champion Los Angeles Clippers select Daniel Gafford, the DeAndre Jordan clone from Arkansas.

I realized too late that I think that the Spurs would like to get another C in, but there are really no good prospects right now, so maybe should have done this at 29.  In any event, I think that we will settle for:

Pick 49 - DaQuan Jeffries, Wing, Tulsa

Spurs definitely can use wing defense and he has some shooting ability.  Should be ready to go fairly quickly, which fits with the Spurs' current timeline.

i will do the honorable thing and snipe myself:

pick fitty: Indiana selects Shamorie Ponds PG St John's, cuz all they got fo sho @ the point is AHoliday

pick fittywon: Boston dont even groan and take local boy Ky Bowman PG Boston College, cuz it just don't matter no mo

@Wormy, pick dem bones

Utah Jazz

Pick 53  - Miya Oni, Wing, Yale

Pretty much just cribbing from Vecenie's mock here:

The Jazz like big wings who are tough and long. Oni fits that bill, and has also become a pretty solid shooter. Another role player’s starter kit here that fits perfectly positionally with a potential playoff team.
Makes sense to me.  Plus he has the boorish manners of a Yalie.

@modogg up

what a shock
man. plan is to sell this pick to LAL for whatever Sixers can get back (don't know if they have anything left to sell, my guess is Moe Wagner might be an option here with his recent racist issues on twitter)

Sixers are looking at drafting an overseas guy here. Not sure which one, but put us down for Pick 54:  Brian Bowen, Sydney Kings. Keeping the Australian vibe going with this kid, 6-7, 200 pounds and 21 years old. that's about all this scouting department knows.

man. plan is to sell this pick to LAL for whatever Sixers can get back (don't know if they have anything left to sell, my guess is Moe Wagner might be an option here with his recent racist issues on twitter)

Sixers are looking at drafting an overseas guy here. Not sure which one, but put us down for Pick 54:  Brian Bowen, Sydney Kings. Keeping the Australian vibe going with this kid, 6-7, 200 pounds and 21 years old. that's about all this scouting department knows.
i think this would definitely be a good idea at this point in the draft.

for those who might not remember, bowen was a very highly-touted recruit a couple years ago, but got ####ed over by the dumb NCAA and Pitino's 3 ring circus and ended up ineligible.  He went overseas after making some effort to get back into college.

New York Knicks select PG Jaylen Hands, UCLA

We wanted to keep Shamorie Ponds in NYC, but will settle for a PG who should at least offer some solid defense.

With the 56th pick in our fabulous magic draft, the Los Angeles Clippers select Jaylen Nowell, 6'4" Guard from Washington.

From Nbadraft.net: Strengths: Combo guard with solid athleticism and ISO scoring ability ... Handles the ball well for a shooting guard; capable of bringing it up the floor like a point guard ... Knows how to move without the ball. Use screens to free himself up ... Pretty alert on defense ... Knows where to be ... Does a good job forcing turnovers (1.3 steals per game) ... Confident shooter (16.2 points per game on 44.0% from 3-point range) ... Capable of hitting tough shots ... Good shooting motion ... Very athletic ... Can throw it down easily and excels on the break ... Very dangerous in the open floor ... Knows how to get to the rim and finish ... Creative and crafty finisher ... Rebounds well for a guard ... Has a good nose for the ball ... Plays with a lot of energy ... Has a solid motor ...

In short, we want another 3&D guard to space the floor for Kawhi Leonard.

with the Steak Sauce pick Pellies grab Justin Wright-Foreman PG Hofstra

gonna take AAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL these I95 corridor hi-scoring PGs. 27ppg @ a EFG% of 60. I dont care if you're playing Swarthmore, that's some doin' it wright on the flore......man!

@Juxtatarot, it's the juxta position

ETA: it's been pun!

I can't help it.  Since the Warriors picked Ty Jerome in the first round, they will go with Kyle Guy, G, Virginia in the 2nd round.

Users who are viewing this thread