What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2019 FBG Subscriber Contest (2 Viewers)

Kinda interesting, to me anyway. 2 weeks in and I've used every positional player once except Hunter Henry and shady.  Carson, Singletary and Andrews twice. 

165 with Chubb and Jets D to go.

Watson/Jones

Watson played against Jax, so I didn't expect a huge day.....Jones is going to start sooner rather than later.

Elliott/Chubb/Carson/Breida

Only real concern is the Carson fumbles.

Julio/Lockett/Watkins/Hardman/Gordon/Samuel/Quinn

Love Julio and the KC connection

Engram/Andrews

Originally was concerned with only 2 TE, now I'm just happy I didn't pick Cook/Henry/Howard etc....

Kickers/Def....eh, who cares

If Watson goes down, I'm obviously screwed, and I wonder how my KC guys do once Hill gets back, but overall I'm pretty happy with my team going forward.
Looks like sooner.  

Awards and notable teams of the week.

Strongest Living Team: Through week 2, 2372 teams are averaging at least 200 points per week. Somehow, four of those teams managed to be eliminated this week (see Icarus Award). Entry 107906 leads the pack, averaging 247.05 points.

Icarus Award: Entry 112054 had the 13th-highest score in the contest in week 1, only to crash and burn in week 2, missing the cutoff by 1.50 points. Looking at the team, mediocrity rather than injury was the culprit: Christian McCaffrey’s bad week really hurt.

Keep Your Day Job Award:  Entry 111816 had the second-lowest score in week 1 and the lowest score in week 2. This team is averaging 78.5 points and is the only team averaging under 100. It’s a gimmick team with 15 QBs and only 5 RB+WR+TE, meaning they could never have a full complement of scoring players. The worst team that looks legitimate is Entry 111569, averaging 104.125 points per week.

Notable Teams:

QBs: All the teams with 13 or more QBs were eliminated with the exception Entry 106082, who held on with 14 QBs.

RBs: There are two 12-RB teams, Sugarbears (Entry 100544) and Double Great (Entry 104347). They both survived.

WRs: Entry 112604 rosters 15 WRs (nobody else has more than 13) and survived quite comfortably There are 37 teams with 11 or more WR and only one (Entry 106059) was eliminated this week.

TEs: Nobody entered the season with more than 7 TE. The three 7-TE teams—Road Rage (Entry 104111), Entry 102377 and Enter 110983--all survived.

PKs: There were two entries with 20 kickers and two others with 18. All four were eliminated. The lone 9-kicker team (Entry 111271) is still hanging on.

DEFs: Nobody went wacky with defenses this year. Three teams have seven of them and two of those teams survived. That’s kind of boring.

And me, you ask? I’m alive and doing great: among the 11,000 living teams, I’m in 260th overall, and came in 2911th this week.

More categories next week, and to come later...

And now the players:

The Biggest Mistake: The overall player survival rate is 87.4%. Only 20% of teams that rostered Andrew Luck are alive, perhaps not surprisingly. But only 5 teams had him rostered. If you’re interested, Entry 112305 rostered Luck and survived. So far, the biggest mistake is Trey Burton. He’s the active player with the lowest survival rate, 61.7%. Honorable mentions to Tarik Cohen and Deshaun Watson: they cost more than Burton, are owned on a lot more teams, and have survival rates below 70%.

The Survivor: There is only one player who can’t be found on an eliminated team. DeMarcus Robinson has a 100% survival rate.

The Bargain: DeMarcus Robinson again. He only cost you $4, and if you picked him, you’re alive.

The Parasite: Keith Kirkwood, despite scoring zero points so far, has a 92.8% survival rate. Breshad Perriman and Jaron Brown are also over 90% (Perriman scored 3 points week 1, but none this week).

The Martyr: Aaron Rodgers put up a perfectly fine 22.45 points this week, and yet his survival rate was only 70.7%. Don’t blame him for your failures!

Last edited by a moderator:
LittlePhatty said:
Well, that was the quickest I've ever gone out. Week 6 or 7 was my worst until now.

If I have to blame anyone other than myself, it's my top two picks: Mike Evans and Devonta Freeman.
Surprised to see them disappoint so many, but it is still early

matuski said:
Comfortable start to the contest - 202,199.

My stud heavy roster is being carried in scoring by the likes of Terry McLaurin and Mark Andrews... not sure if that bodes well or not long term.   :lol:
McLovin is a stud :)

-QG

Awards and notable teams of the week.

Strongest Living Team: Through week 2, 2372 teams are averaging at least 200 points per week. Somehow, four of those teams managed to be eliminated this week (see Icarus Award). Entry 107906 leads the pack, averaging 247.05 points.

Icarus Award: Entry 112054 had the 13th-highest score in the contest in week 1, only to crash and burn in week 2, missing the cutoff by 1.50 points. Looking at the team, mediocrity rather than injury was the culprit: Christian McCaffrey’s bad week really hurt.

Keep Your Day Job Award:  Entry 111816 had the second-lowest score in week 1 and the lowest score in week 2. This team is averaging 78.5 points and is the only team averaging under 100. It’s a gimmick team with 15 QBs and only 5 RB+WR+TE, meaning they could never have a full complement of scoring players. The worst team that looks legitimate is Entry 111569, averaging 104.125 points per week.

Notable Teams:

QBs: All the teams with 13 or more QBs were eliminated with the exception Entry 106082, who held on with 14 QBs.

RBs: There are two 12-RB teams, Sugarbears (Entry 100544) and Double Great (Entry 104347). They both survived.

WRs: Entry 112604 rosters 15 WRs (nobody else has more than 13) and survived quite comfortably There are 37 teams with 11 or more WR and only one (Entry 106059) was eliminated this week.

TEs: Nobody entered the season with more than 7 TE. The three 7-TE teams—Road Rage (Entry 104111), Entry 102377 and Enter 110983--all survived.

PKs: There were two entries with 20 kickers and two others with 18. All four were eliminated. The lone 9-kicker team (Entry 111271) is still hanging on.

DEFs: Nobody went wacky with defenses this year. Three teams have seven of them and two of those teams survived. That’s kind of boring.

And me, you ask? I’m alive and doing great: among the 11,000 living teams, I’m in 260th overall, and came in 2911th this week.

More categories next week, and to come later...
Thanks for picking up the torch with the roster of heroes :) I've enjoyed doing this in the past but it's been tough to find the time.

-QG

Thanks for picking up the torch with the roster of heroes :) I've enjoyed doing this in the past but it's been tough to find the time.

-QG
I've done this for a few years, off and on, and i always mean to keep it going after I get knocked out but somehow it always falls off my plate at that point.

883rd place in week 2 with a score of  198.5. I am thrilled to be that high. I scored 223.7 in week 1 which I believe was my highest score ever  

I tried to see my week 1 place, but when I click on last week’s status, it shows week 2. 

Is there any way to see my standing in week 1?

i remember looking at my team and the top of each column was empty, in other words I didn’t pick any top level studs  I saw that and knew I would be out in week 1 or 2 which is why I am thrilled with my score   

883rd place in week 2 with a score of  198.5. I am thrilled to be that high. I scored 223.7 in week 1 which I believe was my highest score ever  

I tried to see my week 1 place, but when I click on last week’s status, it shows week 2. 

i remember looking at my team and the top of each column was empty, in other words I didn’t pick any top level studs  I saw that and knew I would be out in week 1 or 2 which is why I am thrilled with my score   
Just change the week number in the url :)

Here's the linky: https://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2019/week-1.php

-QG

You were tied with 10 others for 2096th in week 1.

Has the calcomatic tool ever thought of letting us see our score even after we are knocked out of the contest? I like seeing how my team does after I get knocked out, but I seem to recall that the score of a knocked out team no longer shows 

Has the calcomatic tool ever thought of letting us see our score even after we are knocked out of the contest? I like seeing how my team does after I get knocked out, but I seem to recall that the score of a knocked out team no longer shows 
Well, the tool doesn't actually think.  Couldn't help myself

Back in the old days, we didn't have no fancy schmancy calcomatic tools to tabulate our scores.  We had to do it all by hand, every single week.  And we liked it that way, we loved it!

Cutting down to 9000 for week 3.  Here are tonight's players...

QB - Foles - IR (1072), Mariota (130), Tannehill (17)

RB - Fournette (479), Henry (434), Lewis (170), Blue - IR (18)

WR - Westbrook (3035), Davis (336), Chark (332), Humphries (320), Brown (286), Conley (171), Cole (101), Lee (79)

TE - Walker (812), Swaim (198), Smith (50)

K - Lambo (436), Succop - IR (312), Santos (123)

D - JAX (907), TEN (255)

Cutline will still be at zero after the game.

While most seem to report a smaller roster than usual. Somehow mine is more than my usual. At $23, Kerryon is my most expensive.
Not that I presume to make it that far, but week 11 will be challenging. GL All

Tom Brady $11.00
Matthew Stafford $10.00
Sam Darnold $9.00
$30.00

Kerryon Johnson $23.00
Chris Carson $18.00
Austin Ekeler $16.00
Duke Johnson $9.00
Matt Breida $9.00
Malcolm Brown $4.00
Frank Gore $4.00
$83.00

Tyler Lockett $19.00
Robby Anderson $17.00
Curtis Samuel $12.00
Michael Gallup $10.00
John Brown $9.00
Josh Gordon $6.00
Miles Boykin $6.00
Terry McLaurin $4.00
$83.00

Evan Engram $18.00
Mark Andrews $9.00
Vernon Davis $6.00
$33.00

Chris Boswell $4.00
Jason Sanders $3.00
Steve Hauschka $3.00
$10.00

New England $6.00
Seattle Seahawks $5.00
$11.00
Don't know if it's a good or bad thing, but thru 2 weeks I've used 17 different players.

I don't think I ever did an official write-up, but here's the rooster: https://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2019/102497.php

QBs: Lamar Jackson | Sam Darnold | Derek Carr
Not a ton here to say other than sing Lamar Jackson's praises. One note: I didn't do myself any favors on Lamar's bye week - Sam Darnold @JAX and Derek Carr @HOU

RBs: Saquon Barkley | Christian McCaffrey | Duke Johnson | Matt Breida
Only rolling four deep, not a great look. Saquon Barkley gets ARI on Carolina's bye week and Christian McCaffrey plays ATL during New York's.

WRs: Tyreek Hill | John Brown | TreQuan Smith | Josh Gordon | Taylor Gabriel | DJ Chark
Aside from Hill's unfortunate injury I'm mostly pleased with these selections; there's a lot of potential for big games here. Gabriel comes across as a bit of a dud thus far.

TEs: Zach Ertz | Vance McDonald | Mark Andrews
I aimed to grab three studs at TE and things look positive two weeks in; lot of season left to play. I wouldn't be surprised if my per week usage averaged 2 scores from these three.

PK: Randy Bullock | Steve Hauschka | Austin Seibert
TD: CIN | NYJ | TB

Cheap and no bye overlaps in their respective positions.

Wishing everyone good health and favorable outcomes. :)

Users who are viewing this thread