What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2019 FBG Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

After scoring over 200 in each of the first three weeks, I'm in trouble.  I lived most of the 4pm games between 10--15 points above the line.  I'm going into the last two games up 11.4 with Juju -10.9 and DAL/CIN -4.  Juju worries me with Rudolph behind center, so hopefully one of the defenses gives me a big game (although they've averaged 3.7 and 4.3, respectively).  There's a real good chance this is my last week.

If this is my swansong, here is my parting advice:  Don't get comfortable.  It's funny how quickly you can fall off the face of the earth.

I suppose that the bright side is, 1121 people have to leapfrog me to knock me out.

Last edited by a moderator:
i feel like ive been super fortunate with my special teams.  what type of scores are you guys getting from yours?  ive gotten: 27, 12, 26, 34.

in a related story, week 2 is the only week ive come even remotely close to getting eliminated.

After scoring over 200 in each of the first three weeks, I'm in trouble.  I lived most of the 4pm games between 10--15 points above the line.  I'm going into the last two games up 11.4 with Juju -10.9 and DAL/CIN -4.  Juju worries me with Rudolph behind center, so hopefully one of the defenses gives me a big game (although they've averaged 3.7 and 4.3, respectively).  There's a real good chance this is my last week.

If this is my swansong, here is my parting advice:  Don't get comfortable.  It's funny how quickly you can fall off the face of the earth.

I suppose that the bright side is, 1121 people have to leapfrog me to knock me out.
If I was betting I’d wager on you surviving 

i feel like ive been super fortunate with my special teams.  what type of scores are you guys getting from yours?  ive gotten: 27, 12, 26, 34.

in a related story, week 2 is the only week ive come even remotely close to getting eliminated.
I was toast if the cut was Week One. Just a horrendous day.

I've had two big D/ST games because of NEP.

So the average entry has 0.93 active players tomorrow night (I feel good as I have 3).  Anyway here's the breakdown... (excluding Roethlisberger who is of course out - includes McDonald who is doubtful):

Boyd WR 891

Bullock PK 520

Bengals DT 428

Eifert TE 393

Uzomah TE 355

Ross WR 259

Mixon RB 156

Dalton QB 125

Bernard RB 90

Smith-Schuster WR 1282

Boswell PK 1148

McDonald TE 645

Moncreif WR 623

Conner RB 428

Washington WR 404

Steelers DT 394

Samuels RB 225

Grimble TE 16

Good luck to those sweating the Turk!

-QG

11 points over with Juju -9.1 and CIN -7.  Not getting overly confident, but feeling better than I did going into tonight’s game.

181.5   and no players left moving on thanks to Winston, and Fournette

After 4 week

QB Averaging 36.2 Brady and Winston 2 scores each Donald 0

RB1 21.775 jacobs 1, Jones 2, Fournette 1

RB2 15.775  Bell 2 , Fournette 1. Jones 1

WR 1 26.475  Evans 2, Fitz 1 Goodwin 1

WR 2 17.45  Fitz 2, MVS 1.Gallup 1

TE  26.85  Andrews 2, Waller 2

Flex 1 15.625  Waller 2  Andrews 1 Fitz 1 3 Times TE, 1 Time WR

Flex 2 13. 825 Gordon 2 Gallup 1 Jacobs 1 3WR and 1RB

DEF  11.25  Sea .5, Det 2 TB 1.5 Tie first week

K  12.525  Gonzalez 2 Siebert 2

Average after 4 weeks 197.8625

Im Happpy that all my WR , RB and TE that could count have counted,  Herndon is back, Gallup and Donald should be back soon

Steeler said:
I'm ~38 below the cutline with 100% of Zeke, Kamara, and the Steelers D.  So you are saying there is a chance?  

Here is my team if anyone wants to follow along :)  

http://calcomatic.com/EntryLive/101479
Sorry, dude.  Who woulda thought with 2QB, 3RB, 6WR, 2TE that a major part of the downfall would be a shortage of WR's?  You still have a very slim shot, but the PIT D needs to score a ton while Boyd & Juju lay eggs.

Sorry, dude.  Who woulda thought with 2QB, 3RB, 6WR, 2TE that a major part of the downfall would be a shortage of WR's?  You still have a very slim shot, but the PIT D needs to score a ton while Boyd & Juju lay eggs.
Yeah.  It was a risky 18 team build so I knew injuries could take down the team, and here we are.

Might have survived FBG with like $60 on bye/hurt

152.15 (With Cinci left)

Cut is around 139.15 right now – curious what he rises to.

6,214/7500 - Hoping to make another week!

I’m at 153 with Juju -10.6.  Can’t see the cut line moving 14 points tonight without juju moving it so I think I’m ok but probably not long for this contest.  The RBs just aren’t good enough

150.85 with Boswell (-5.6) left. Unless JuJu or Boyd completely kill it,  I don't see cutline going up 10+ points.

176 but winning ugly, wheels should fall off soon.  Melvin Gordon coming back hurts one of my highest scorers:

NamePosTeamPointsMatch

L JacksonQBBAL34.95QB

T BradyQBNE6.20

S DarnoldQBNYJ0.00

A EkelerRBLAC26.70RB

C CarsonRBSEA16.50RB

D JohnsonRBHOU8.80

M BreidaRBSF0.00

D SingletaryRBBUF0.00

K GolladayWRDET23.70WR

D WestbrookWRJAX11.60WR

T LockettWRSEA9.10FL

M Valdes-ScantlingWRGB7.70

J GordonWRNE7.60

M GallupWRDAL0.00

R AndersonWRNYJ0.00

M AndrewsTEBAL15.10TE

D GoedertTEPHI10.60FL

O HowardTETB7.80

M PraterPKDET16.10PK

M GayPKTB15.80

A SeibertPKCLE11.30

SeahawksDTSEA12.00DT

PanthersDTCAR10.00

JetsDTNYJ0.00

So the average entry has 0.93 active players tomorrow night (I feel good as I have 3).  Anyway here's the breakdown... (excluding Roethlisberger who is of course out - includes McDonald who is doubtful):

Boyd WR 891

Bullock PK 520

Bengals DT 428

Eifert TE 393

Uzomah TE 355

Ross WR 259

Mixon RB 156

Dalton QB 125

Bernard RB 90

Smith-Schuster WR 1282

Boswell PK 1148

McDonald TE 645

Moncreif WR 623

Conner RB 428

Washington WR 404

Steelers DT 394

Samuels RB 225

Grimble TE 16

Good luck to those sweating the Turk!

-QG
Thanks will need it 

Finished 3437th (or thereabouts) in week 4 with 174.550.  Score down.  Ranking up.

Week 4 review and thoughts on my team

QBs - 3 for $32

QB - Lamar Jackson - BAL/8 - $12  5542 roosters  (3 times used)
QB - Tom Brady - NE/10 - $11  2363 (1 time used)
QB - Derek Carr - OAK/6 - $9 1374

Brady a total debacle this week - Carr again had a middling performance but Lamar legs out another solid number.

RBs - 5 for $84

RB - James Conner - PIT/7 - $29  685 roosters (used 3 times)
RB - Josh Jacobs - OAK/6 - $20  1849  (used 2 times)
RB - Chris Carson - SEA/11 - $18  5391 (used 3 times)
RB - Duke Johnson - HOU/10 - $9  5246 
RB - Devin Singletary - BUF/6 - $8  5023 (used 1 time)

First time this season where I used an RB as one of my flexes.  Conner finally put up a good number - though he won't face the Bengals every week.  Carson and Jacobs both with double digits which is okay I guess.  Duke almost with double digits which passes for an encouraging sign.

WRs - 7 for $78

WR - Keenan Allen - LAC/12 - $25  450 roosters (used 4 times)
WR - Tyler Boyd - CIN/9 - $20  1181 (used 1 time)
WR - Curtis Samuel - CAR/7 - $12  2532 (used 2 time)
WR - A.J. Brown - TEN/11 - $7  324 (used 1 time)
WR - Josh Gordon - NE/10 - $6  7177 (used 2 time)
WR - Terry McLaurin - WAS/10 - $4  413 (used 3 times)
WR - Josh Reynolds - LAR/9 - $4  230

Step back for WRs this week but welcome to the party A.J. Brown!  Allen counted with a pretty lackluster number.  Need McLovin to come back to keep this group strong.  Hopefully the low numbers were an anomoly.

TEs - 3 for $35

TE - Evan Engram - NYG/11 - $18  1534 roosters (used 3 times)
TE - Mark Andrews - BAL/8 - $9  3896 (used 3 times)
TE - Mike Gesicki - MIA/5 - $8  110

Andres and Engram count again this week with solid, if unspectacular numbers.  Gesicki has been a bust with only 11 targets all year - I can only hope that he has the odd monster game at this point.  At least I won't really miss him next week I guess.

PK - 3 for $10

PK - Matt Prater - DET/5 - $4  2066 roosters (used 3 times)
PK - Steve Hauschka - BUF/6 - $3  1582
PK - Austin Seibert - CLE/7 - $3  1416 (used 1 time)

The Lions are playing well and Prater has been the beneciary.  The Bills have been playing well and...Hauschka's numbers are anemic.  Seibert has been getting better.  No Prater this week so hopefully one of those two make some numbers.

DEF - 3 for $11

DEF - Seattle Seahawks - SEA/11 - $5  2550 roosters (used 1 time)
DEF - Cincinnati Bengals - CIN/9 - $3  549
DEF - New York Jets - NYJ/4 - $3  2172  (used 3 times)

With the Jets on bye the Seahawks put up a good number against Arizona and joined the used club.  For as much time as they spend on the field, the Bengals could at least put up a point here or there.  Yeesh.

So only 1 player has played every week now:  Keenan Allen.

18 of my 24 players have been used - with exactly 1 unused player at each position:  Carr, Duke, Reynolds, Gesicki, Hauschka, Bengals.  At least they all still have a chance to count.

Anyway on to week 5! :excited:

-QG

Still live with 172 but I lost Kirk just when the schedule starts getting easier for the Cards. Hopefully it's not for more than a week or two. 

Waller could be the #1 TE in PPR this year. At $8 he was the steal of the contest so far. 

Still alive with 172 and I have officially used all my roster....  with 3 spots used all 4 weeks (RB Mark Ingram, WR Sammy Watkins, TE Mark Andrews)

My team's scores have gone down each week.

Stop that!

Maybe I need to send my players an Eric Thomas you tube link.

And I'm out.

I rostered 15 RWT for 7 starting slots, but this week I had 4 on bye (Kittle, Breida, Herndon, Enunwa) and 4 more out with injuries (Barkley, McLaurin, Singletary, Gabriel), which meant no best ball for me: all 7 active players were forced into my starting lineup. And those 7 were not so hot this week, with JJSS & Conley having their worst games of the season and no one especially stepping up. Big games from Jameis Winston & Matt Prater continued the beautiful year from my QBs & PKs, but were not enough to carry me above the cut line.

And I'm out.

I rostered 15 RWT for 7 starting slots, but this week I had 4 on bye (Kittle, Breida, Herndon, Enunwa) and 4 more out with injuries (Barkley, McLaurin, Singletary, Gabriel), which meant no best ball for me: all 7 active players were forced into my starting lineup. And those 7 were not so hot this week, with JJSS & Conley having their worst games of the season and no one especially stepping up. Big games from Jameis Winston & Matt Prater continued the beautiful year from my QBs & PKs, but were not enough to carry me above the cut line.
That sucks!  You had alot riding on Saquon, and when he went down so early, it woulda been tough riding it out until his return.  Only 331 left out of 947 (34.95%), and at his price, he will become quite rare pretty fast.  Better luck next year.

And I'm out.

Sorry to hear about your downfall ZWK!  With the bye issues plus injuries letting you down .... it was a rough spot.  

15 RWT?  Now I am scared!  I only have 13 but only had 2 Bye/Injuries to contend with! 

Awards and notable teams of the week.

Strongest Living Team: Last week, we went from 1568 teams averaging at least 200 points per week down to only 790 teams. Of those, an unlucky 13 have been eliminated. The strongest entry is Entry 107906, averaging almost 233 points per week.

Strongest Dead Team: Entry 112041 died in week 3 but is averaging 205.11 points overall, sitting in 370th place.

Keep Your Day Job Award:  The list of lowest-scoring teams is littered with gimmick teams, most notably those with lots of QBs. If I only count teams that have at least two rostered players at each position, the worst team is still Parrot Head (Entry 110903), averaging 112.49 points per week.

Safest Team: Entry 100071 has cleared the cutoff by at least 66.95 points every week. After an ordinary week 1, this team has the 28th-highest score over weeks 2-4.

Just Skating By Award: Salty Dog (Entry 101113) has cleared the cutoff by 1.8, 0.5, and 0.9 points, easily the team cutting things the closest.

Icarus Award: Interesting. Last week’s Icarus Award winner was in 20th place through two weeks before faceplanting. This week, the award goes to Entry 102947, who was sitting in 20th place overall after 3 weeks but collapsed to 136.15 this week and is now eliminated. Having Trubisky and Prescott as their only QBs surely hurt them this week. I’m not predicting anything, but if I were in 20th place right now, I’d be a little nervous. I’m looking at you, Blind Luck (Entry 102595).

Woulda Coulda Shoulda Award: I’d probably be pretty mad, but maybe Coolerheads (Entry 108328) are true to their name. This team was eliminated in week 2 but has had the 7th-highest average since then.

Notable Teams:

QBs: There are 25 teams with 8 or more QBs. Only two of them are still alive in what has been a brutal season for that position. Entry 107204 has 11 rostered; Entry 106359 has 9.

RBs: We lost one of the two 12-RB teams this week. Sugarbears (Entry 100544) is still with us, but Double Great (Entry 104347) was singularly bad, getting eliminated with a dismal 114 point showing.

WRs: The one 15-WR and the two 13-WR teams have been eliminated. Plenty of 12-WR teams are still alive.

TEs: The three 7-TE teams—Road Rage (Entry 104111), Entry 102377 and Entry 110983—are all still with us.

PKs: All 8 teams with more than 7 kickers are gone. There are two 7-PK teams left: Entry 107296 and Entry 112043.

DEFs: All three 7-DEF teams have been eliminated. There are lots of 6-DEF teams still around.

And me, you ask? I’m alive but this week was tough: I cleared the cutoff by less than 20 points. Thank heaven for Jameis Winston. Surprisingly, I only dropped from 136th overall to 144th, though.

More to come later...

And now the players:

Eliminated Players: No new players were eliminated this week: only Andrew Luck and Jeff Driskel cannot be found on a single living team. Ryan Griffin is skating on thin ice: only one of his original four owners has survived. 

The Biggest Mistake: The overall player survival rate is 59.6%. The players with the worst survival rate who have actually been active through the season are Ryan Griffin (see above) and Xavier Grimble, both at 25% (Grimble was rostered on 8 teams to Griffin’s 4). Some big names are starting to show up down here thanks to byes and injuries: Saquon Barkley’s survival rate is down to 35%, Drew Brees’s is at 36% and Le’Veon Bell’s is 38%.

The Survivor: Two players have survival rates just over 80%: Cooper Kupp at 81% and Darren Waller at 80.3%.

The Bargain: Will Dissly cost only $7 and 79% of his happy owners are still alive. Matt Gay was as cheap as they come at $3 and has an impressive 77% survival rate. No other $3 rosteree is over 67% (that’s the Jets D).

The Parasite: There are 43 rostered players who haven’t scored a single point this season (I’m including Ryan Tannehill, who’s managed to put up -0.2). Not one of them has an above-average survival rate. Chris Herndon has been a true parasite, sitting at home during his suspension while 58% of his teams have dragged him across the survival line every week so far.

The Martyr: Aaron Rodgers’s worst weekly score (not counting the non-elimination week 1) is 17.65, but only 42% of his teams are still alive. Derrick Henry is the only non-QB to score in double-digits every week and yet have a survival rate below 50% (47.9%). But I think my pick for The Martyr this week is actually Eric Ebron. He cost $5 less than those other guys and he’s providing production: his worst elimination week score was 9.2. Somehow, though, his survival rate is a miserable 35.3%. Nobody else has suffered anywhere near this badly.

Averaging 178 through 4 weeks without Kyler/Baker hitting their stride. Kyler's schedule a lot easier the next 4-5 weeks and then Baker has a sweet end of season schedule. 

Fournette

DJ

Allen Robinson 

Waller

Engram 

All look great so far. 

Awards and notable teams of the week.

Strongest Living Team: Last week, we went from 1568 teams averaging at least 200 points per week down to only 790 teams. Of those, an unlucky 13 have been eliminated. The strongest entry is Entry 107906, averaging almost 233 points per week.

Strongest Dead Team: Entry 112041 died in week 3 but is averaging 205.11 points overall, sitting in 370th place.

Keep Your Day Job Award:  The list of lowest-scoring teams is littered with gimmick teams, most notably those with lots of QBs. If I only count teams that have at least two rostered players at each position, the worst team is still Parrot Head (Entry 110903), averaging 112.49 points per week.

Safest Team: Entry 100071 has cleared the cutoff by at least 66.95 points every week. After an ordinary week 1, this team has the 28th-highest score over weeks 2-4.

Just Skating By Award: Salty Dog (Entry 101113) has cleared the cutoff by 1.8, 0.5, and 0.9 points, easily the team cutting things the closest.

Icarus Award: Interesting. Last week’s Icarus Award winner was in 20th place through two weeks before faceplanting. This week, the award goes to Entry 102947, who was sitting in 20th place overall after 3 weeks but collapsed to 136.15 this week and is now eliminated. Having Trubisky and Prescott as their only QBs surely hurt them this week. I’m not predicting anything, but if I were in 20th place right now, I’d be a little nervous. I’m looking at you, Blind Luck (Entry 102595).

Woulda Coulda Shoulda Award: I’d probably be pretty mad, but maybe Coolerheads (Entry 108328) are true to their name. This team was eliminated in week 2 but has had the 7th-highest average since then.

Notable Teams:

QBs: There are 25 teams with 8 or more QBs. Only two of them are still alive in what has been a brutal season for that position. Entry 107204 has 11 rostered; Entry 106359 has 9.

RBs: We lost one of the two 12-RB teams this week. Sugarbears (Entry 100544) is still with us, but Double Great (Entry 104347) was singularly bad, getting eliminated with a dismal 114 point showing.

WRs: The one 15-WR and the two 13-WR teams have been eliminated. Plenty of 12-WR teams are still alive.

TEs: The three 7-TE teams—Road Rage (Entry 104111), Entry 102377 and Entry 110983—are all still with us.

PKs: All 8 teams with more than 7 kickers are gone. There are two 7-PK teams left: Entry 107296 and Entry 112043.

DEFs: All three 7-DEF teams have been eliminated. There are lots of 6-DEF teams still around.

And me, you ask? I’m alive but this week was tough: I cleared the cutoff by less than 20 points. Thank heaven for Jameis Winston. Surprisingly, I only dropped from 136th overall to 144th, though.

More to come later...
How do you find the overall running totals ?

Notable Teams:

Going in the opposite direction...

QB - There are 61 teams alive with only 1 QB, the cheapest of which is Tom Brady ($11).

RB - There are 12 teams alive with only 2 RB's.  This next fact deserves it's own sentence.  The team with the cheapest RB total spent just $8 (Gallman & Pollard).

WR - There are 4 teams alive with only 2 WR's.  One of these teams has as many K's & D's combined (9) as they do QB, RB, WR, & TE.  Another team chose only 4 RB's and 1 TE, so all 7 of their RB/WR/TE count each week.

TE - There are 349 teams alive with only 1 TE.  The team with the cheapest TE decided to roster Rob Gronkowski at $5.

K & D - Lots still alive with only 1 of each.  Nothing noteworthy.

913 of us without Kerryon this week.  Leaves me with CMC, Duke Johnson, Breida, and Singletary.  The Bills might rest Singletary with a bye next week, but he did practice on a limited basis last week. Another 1,250 of us go home this week.

My biggest four highest priced players

362/7500 with Kittle and cleared the bye.

279/7500 with Keenan Allen

355/7500 with Julio

Then 695/7500 with CMC.

$23 on bye, and possibly $8 more at the same position out with injury this week.  What about everyone else? Injury/BYE money for week 5?

Week 5 just $4 on bye with Prater. No injuries yet. Just ####ty WRs. Can we count how much money is wasted generally this week? Non injury and non byes? $10 for Moncrief. Just burn it each week. Boykin made my boxscore last week. Wheee. Trequan Smith can suck it. Each week. 

If I somehow make it to week 7 I'll have $76 on bye. Evans, CMC, Panthers defense and Moncrief again.

Users who are viewing this thread