What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019-20 NBA Thread: new forum, same great taste (9 Viewers)

The Heat lost to the Lakers by 15 on their worst shooting night of the year, only 35%. At 6-3, I still think they're a playoff team.

In other news from Twitter

UPDATE: Dion Waiters is the Heat player who had medical emergency on team plane, I’ve confirmed. Waiters overdosed on “gummies,” sources say, and was passed out when plane landed. He had a seizure when he was finally woken up, I’m told. Waiters was listed out tonight (illness)
They are a lock for the playoffs

The Heat lost to the Lakers by 15 on their worst shooting night of the year, only 35%. At 6-3, I still think they're a playoff team.

In other news from Twitter

UPDATE: Dion Waiters is the Heat player who had medical emergency on team plane, I’ve confirmed. Waiters overdosed on “gummies,” sources say, and was passed out when plane landed. He had a seizure when he was finally woken up, I’m told. Waiters was listed out tonight (illness)
That is a crazy story.

And, yeah, the Heat look good so far.  

Lakers lack depth but when they stagger Lebron's and AD's minutes so one of them is always on the court it is less an issue.  Team is having fun.  I hope Iguodala is taking notice.

Gordon Hayward just broke his hand against the Spurs. Kid has the worst luck. Just as he was starting to return to all star form.

Gordon Hayward just broke his hand against the Spurs. Kid has the worst luck. Just as he was starting to return to all star form.
It is his left, probably out like six weeks and shouldn't be too rusty coming back.

He was looking real good, though.  Definitely derails any chance at the all-star game.

Dion knows snitches get stitches :lmao:  

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

The Heat believe Waiters was given the “gummy” by a teammate, but Waiters has been reluctant and has decided not to say who provided it, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Waiters has had a tumultuous series of events with Miami this season.

3:46 PM · Nov 10, 2019

Dion knows snitches get stitches :lmao:  

Shams Charania @ShamsCharania

The Heat believe Waiters was given the “gummy” by a teammate, but Waiters has been reluctant and has decided not to say who provided it, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. Waiters has had a tumultuous series of events with Miami this season.

3:46 PM · Nov 10, 2019
The gummy caused a panic attack on the plane ride ti LA, and not a seizure as previously reported. But Waiters will be suspended 10 games for conduct detrimental to the team, most of which  preceded this gummy incident: https://www.local10.com/sports/nba/heat/waiters-suspended-10-games-per-report

He has this season and 2020-2021 remaining on his contract.  It's very hard to trade a head case.  

Only a couple of times, but he wasn't even an all-star last year.

Right now he is playing like an all-NBA player and fringe MVP candidate. 
This actually got me looking into the way too early look at the MVP race.  Right now I'd have them as follows:

1. Giannis - #1 in PER, Box +/-, WS/48 and VORP.  Right now this really isn't close.
  2. LeBron - He is doing his thing at 34 yrs old.  Dominating on both ends of the floor and leading his team to wins.  He is the only guy besides the aforementioned freak who is top 10 in both offensive and defensive win shares.
  3. Doncic - I said fringe earlier, and what I meant was he is actually in the running.  He is slightly ahead of LeBron in most of the advanced stats.  He just isn't the defensive player LBJ is and his team's record isn't as good.
  4. Lillard - So far this season he is the best offensive player in the league.  But he is a bit of a liability on defense and his team has a losing record.
  5. KAT - He is top 8 in all of the major advanced stats and is averaging 25.5/12.1/4.3 with 1.4 steals & 1.8 blocks per game.  And the T-wolves have a winning record.
Next tier would include Davis, Harden & Walker.  Embiid & Kawhi are both hurt by missing two games, but are close.

Last edited by a moderator:
De’Aaron Fox suffers a severe ankle sprain in practice just as the Kings start to show a little bit of a pulse. He could miss until the all star break or longer. Tankathon.com here I come...

On the topic of ankle sprains - Landry Shamet has a grade 2 sprain and his timetable to return is TBD.
Paul George on the other hand, is expected to make his Clipper debut on Thursday vs the Pelicans. 
Kawhi will likely sit out vs. Houston on Wednesday.

In short, skip the Rockets game, tune in to witness the Pelicans get beat-down the night after.

Sixers should think about limiting their shooting of 3s in a game to 3/game when they are having an "off" night

10 teams are over .700 right now.

EDT:  It obviously won't keep up, but there hasn't been an NBA season in over 10 years where there was even more than THREE teams over .700 at year's end.

Yea. I like him overall and as a person, but keeping him instead of Butler was a big mistake. Not sure whether they had a choice or not though. 
I read a report not too long ago that mentioned there was some behind-the-scenes rifts between Butler and some others in the organization. I don't know that he was keen on sticking around after last year.

De’Aaron Fox suffers a severe ankle sprain in practice just as the Kings start to show a little bit of a pulse. He could miss until the all star break or longer. Tankathon.com here I come...
Team was looking so good cap wise with a core of Fox-Bagley-Hield. Still is but Then they went out and massively overpaid for Barnes, Dedmon,  and Cory Joseph who they will be paying close to $50 mil/yr for the next 3 years SMH. Dedmon was just a terrible read on the market and talent of a journeyman player.  The only positive with Barnes is its a descending contract and he's a starter in the league. Even if one that should be your 4th or 5th best.

Say what you want about them and their current situation but the Knicks did it right after whiffing on ZIon-Durant-Kyrie by giving short deals and allowing them flexibility for the future.

Team was looking so good cap wise with a core of Fox-Bagley-Hield. Still is but Then they went out and massively overpaid for Barnes, Dedmon,  and Cory Joseph who they will be paying close to $50 mil/yr for the next 3 years SMH. Dedmon was just a terrible read on the market and talent of a journeyman player.  The only positive with Barnes is its a descending contract and he's a starter in the league. Even if one that should be your 4th or 5th best.

Say what you want about them and their current situation but the Knicks did it right after whiffing on ZIon-Durant-Kyrie by giving short deals and allowing them flexibility for the future.
Dedmon and Joseph are basically on two year deals, but yeah, those contracts aren’t great. Fox and Bagley need to pop if they are going to have any kind of future. We’ve only seen 1 game from Bagley this year but it wasn’t encouraging. 

Dedmon and Joseph are basically on two year deals, but yeah, those contracts aren’t great. Fox and Bagley need to pop if they are going to have any kind of future. We’ve only seen 1 game from Bagley this year but it wasn’t encouraging. 
Missed the partial 3rd. Makes it a little "better". Dedmon's market was ~2/10. No clue how they overpaid so much. Same with Joseph. Wasnt a big offseason for PG needs around the league. 

Injuries are the only way IMO Bagley doesn't hit. Went to the 1 game Bagley's played this year when Kings were here. He nor anyone on their team was good that night. They got blown off the court in the 2nd half.

I'd much rather have ponied up for Bogdanovic than paid $25+ mil/yr for those 2.

Sixers should start the Process over  :kicksrock:

Either that or fast forward 2 months and get this team to start clicking a little better

Honestly, this team is exceeding expectations and I think I know why.

Jaylen Brown is MUCH better.  I mean we had hoped either him or Tatum would take a big leap forward.  Tatum is really the same player with some better shot selection.  But Brown is flat out a different player.  He makes fewer mistakes and his ball handling has jumped up several notches.  His offensive game has become efficient to match his defensive prowess.

I had wanted him to be traded and I have never been more wrong in my life. Signing him to a big contract was absolutely the best move.

Honestly, this team is exceeding expectations and I think I know why.

Jaylen Brown is MUCH better.  I mean we had hoped either him or Tatum would take a big leap forward.  Tatum is really the same player with some better shot selection.  But Brown is flat out a different player.  He makes fewer mistakes and his ball handling has jumped up several notches.  His offensive game has become efficient to match his defensive prowess.

I had wanted him to be traded and I have never been more wrong in my life. Signing him to a big contract was absolutely the best move.
Somebody taught JB a hesi and it's made him a legit to-da-hole guy. And he's almost cured me of waiting for one his ten-cent-head gaffes when i watch him. Best of all, he's jumping his switches regularly - as he does better than just about anybody in the game. Something about that combo of size and foot speed can disrupt anybody's move and gives me & coach li'l d-chubs. He's almost certain to plateau when he starts hearing the plaudits, but he has very much taken a step this season.

Celts are soft in the middle but pretty much every other team has quit on being coached (i've watched over 20 teams so far and aint seen an adjustment yet), so it wont hurt the Green's W-L til the playoffs. Loooove Timelord but he's a zone center, respect the hell out of Theis's hustle but he's too small & slow to body-up and the Turk is a swinging door.

Rockets disaster in Miami seems to have woken them up, at least it did Capella before his concussion.  Playing well without Gordon, House, and Capella. We'll see how they handle the nasty back to back in Minny tonight. Liking the Harden/Westbrook pairing much better than the Harden/Paul pairing so far but it's a long season. 

Day late, but Hield was bananas from 3 last night against the Lakers. I think the Kings would have had that one if Fox was playing.

Users who are viewing this thread