What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 MLB Spring Training (10 Viewers)

Worth noting
The Reds have been hit by a pitch 14 times in Cactus League play, the most of any club in the Majors this spring.

I thought this was interesting from the Reds website yesterday.  So, I guess maybe all the talk about the Astros being beaned is getting overblown?
Clint Hurdle freelance managing in AZ?

Chris Sale opts for Tommy John surgery.  I guess if you have to miss a full season, this is the one to miss.

#OpeningDayAtHome

MLB tomorrow will present “Opening Day at Home,” a full slate of 30 games broadcast nationally across various platforms including digital streaming and social media, creating a full-day event on what would have been Opening Day.

eta- I’m a day late, so “tomorrow “ means today. Happy opening Day! #LFGM

Last edited by a moderator:
Strat-O-Matic to simulate 2020 MLB games

Can't wait to see how Mookie Betts will perform atop the Dodgers lineup? Or how Gerrit Cole fares with the Yankees?   Baseball fans who had their dreams of opening day shattered by the delayed start to the season will be able to get a little bit of that magic back, thanks to the folks at Strat-O-Matic.    The legendary board game company has announced it will be simulating the 2020 MLB season, beginning on the schedule's original opening day, March 26.

Using its unique player ratings and its Baseball Daily game, Strat-O-Matic will play each of the MLB games on that day's schedule and unveil the scores, stats and key game highlights at 2 p.m. ET.

I was more of Hockey Strat guy back in the day, the joy of seeing the UPS guy stop in front of the house in the summer ...priceless.

It’s amazing how Syndergaard needing TJ surgery and being out for the season didn’t even register for me given all that’s going on. 

Strat-O-Matic to simulate 2020 MLB games

Can't wait to see how Mookie Betts will perform atop the Dodgers lineup? Or how Gerrit Cole fares with the Yankees?   Baseball fans who had their dreams of opening day shattered by the delayed start to the season will be able to get a little bit of that magic back, thanks to the folks at Strat-O-Matic.    The legendary board game company has announced it will be simulating the 2020 MLB season, beginning on the schedule's original opening day, March 26.

Using its unique player ratings and its Baseball Daily game, Strat-O-Matic will play each of the MLB games on that day's schedule and unveil the scores, stats and key game highlights at 2 p.m. ET.

I was more of Hockey Strat guy back in the day, the joy of seeing the UPS guy stop in front of the house in the summer ...priceless.
I started looking at this on a daily basis. A nice diversion.

Royals are 8-2 at the moment.

:headbang:

Link To Season

Last edited by a moderator:
Better than nothing I guess. Been debating whether I should cancel my extra innings package on Directv. Feels kind of gimmicky and that people won’t even acknowledge this season as a real season when they look back on it. 
I’d hope they would give a discount. I’ll be watching and doing my fantasy baseball leagues if they do something but yeah it will be a weird season for sure. 

Not likely to happen.  The players union would have to buy in, haven't seen any players excited about this prospect.  The players would be essentially self quarantining themselves for months to do this.  Keep in mind there is no minor league farm system working.  My guess is they'd have to have taxi squads like the NFL so that they could call on players when injuries arise or something to that effect.  

These games in "bubbles" or empty venues sound great on the surface, but the reality is that in the team construct and having locker rooms, contact, etc. it simply isn't safe for the players if it isn't safe for fans to sit in chairs and watch.  

Not likely to happen.  The players union would have to buy in, haven't seen any players excited about this prospect.  The players would be essentially self quarantining themselves for months to do this.  Keep in mind there is no minor league farm system working.  My guess is they'd have to have taxi squads like the NFL so that they could call on players when injuries arise or something to that effect.  

These games in "bubbles" or empty venues sound great on the surface, but the reality is that in the team construct and having locker rooms, contact, etc. it simply isn't safe for the players if it isn't safe for fans to sit in chairs and watch.  
The players are gonna be a lot less excited to make literally no money this year. 

I heard that they’d be using electronic umpires for ball/strike. If that gets the ball rolling on that permanently, it would be a great thing to come out of this. 

If they don’t play then would the players just lose a year on their contract? Maybe Betts never plays in LA and we have seen  the last of Springer for the Astros for example. That would suck. 

I’m curious to see how Gerrit Cole looks after this long delay if they do actually play. He sucked in spring training as it was...

Users who are viewing this thread