Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

20 hours ago, JaxBill said:

lol. Angels announce Opening Day Starter is...

Andrew Heaney???

To be fair he was judged a top prospect at one time.........

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This did not age well. 

If you were cheating and Fernando Rodney still got you out in a playoff game, you should get double the punishment.  

its forever tainted no matter what else happens or who else is disciplined basically the houston astros have the leg lamp of championship trophies and when stros fans try to tell you its a major award

26 minutes ago, Capella said:

Some guy at the Houston game today wore a trash can on his head and banged on it all day. Bet that was fun to sit next to. 

Why do I have Todd Rundgren's song "Bang on the drum all day" running through my head?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 3/6/2020 at 12:58 PM, TheIronSheik said:

Judge has a broken rib and may need surgery.

I rolled the dice on him in the mid rounds of my fantasy league.  Could be a dumb move but my team always sucks in this particular league so I felt I had to do it.  It could be huge, could be a totally wasted pick.

With most sports, except for football, I stop watching once my team is out. I know the Nationals won last year but I honestly don't even know who they played. I'm planning on watching all of the different series, to have on in the background, as a distraction.  Could someone list all the first round matchups? I'm afraid of spoilers so I don't want to look it up.

tia

5 minutes ago, jamny said:

With most sports, except for football, I stop watching once my team is out. I know the Nationals won last year but I honestly don't even know who they played. I'm planning on watching all of the different series, to have on in the background, as a distraction.  Could someone list all the first round matchups? I'm afraid of spoilers so I don't want to look it up.

tia

Cardinals vs. Braves
Nationals/Brewers vs. Dodgers

Twins vs. Yankees
Rays/A's vs. Astros

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, RnR said:

Cardinals vs. Braves
Nationals/Brewers vs. Dodgers

Twins vs. Yankees
Rays/A's vs. Astros

Thanks GB. :thumbup: 

I'll start with Nationals/Brewers and Rays/A's. I know who wins the first one but wtf.

See, I just do a search and the first thing I see about Nats/Brewers is a Soto HR in the 8th. I'm guessing it's that game. 

I'm gonna be a PITA in this thread and ask for non-spoiler links.

Someone hook me up with a non-spoiler link to that game. I'll still start there and see how this goes.

On 3/13/2020 at 11:11 AM, Gally said:

I had plane tickets and planned to go to Arizona for my first ever spring training experience.  I was supposed to leave today.  Cancelled the trip once games were cancelled.  Sucks.

Son and I had tickets for Mon-Wed this week.  Five games.

• Sad 2
7 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Son and I had tickets for Mon-Wed this week.  Five games.

Sucks. Had tickets for my son and I this Thursday to see the Mets. Might have to try and go down to Miami later this year to see them, but I’d rather see Spring Training in the newly renovated complex in Port St. Lucie.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, jamny said:

See, I just do a search and the first thing I see about Nats/Brewers is a Soto HR in the 8th. I'm guessing it's that game. 

I'm gonna be a PITA in this thread and ask for non-spoiler links.

Someone hook me up with a non-spoiler link to that game. I'll still start there and see how this goes.

YouTube has every MLB game since 2009. Here's a link about it and shows how to search for games:

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/51ghh1/psa_how_to_watch_any_mlb_game_since_2009_for_free/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 3/6/2020 at 7:55 AM, Caesar said:

Worth noting
The Reds have been hit by a pitch 14 times in Cactus League play, the most of any club in the Majors this spring.

I thought this was interesting from the Reds website yesterday.  So, I guess maybe all the talk about the Astros being beaned is getting overblown?

Clint Hurdle freelance managing in AZ?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

#OpeningDayAtHome

MLB tomorrow will present “Opening Day at Home,” a full slate of 30 games broadcast nationally across various platforms including digital streaming and social media, creating a full-day event on what would have been Opening Day.

eta- I’m a day late, so “tomorrow “ means today. Happy opening Day! #LFGM

Edited by MindCrime

Strat-O-Matic to simulate 2020 MLB games

Can't wait to see how Mookie Betts will perform atop the Dodgers lineup? Or how Gerrit Cole fares with the Yankees?   Baseball fans who had their dreams of opening day shattered by the delayed start to the season will be able to get a little bit of that magic back, thanks to the folks at Strat-O-Matic.    The legendary board game company has announced it will be simulating the 2020 MLB season, beginning on the schedule's original opening day, March 26.

Using its unique player ratings and its Baseball Daily game, Strat-O-Matic will play each of the MLB games on that day's schedule and unveil the scores, stats and key game highlights at 2 p.m. ET.

I was more of Hockey Strat guy back in the day, the joy of seeing the UPS guy stop in front of the house in the summer ...priceless.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2020 at 10:07 AM, kodycutter said:

Strat-O-Matic to simulate 2020 MLB games

Can't wait to see how Mookie Betts will perform atop the Dodgers lineup? Or how Gerrit Cole fares with the Yankees?   Baseball fans who had their dreams of opening day shattered by the delayed start to the season will be able to get a little bit of that magic back, thanks to the folks at Strat-O-Matic.    The legendary board game company has announced it will be simulating the 2020 MLB season, beginning on the schedule's original opening day, March 26.

Using its unique player ratings and its Baseball Daily game, Strat-O-Matic will play each of the MLB games on that day's schedule and unveil the scores, stats and key game highlights at 2 p.m. ET.

I was more of Hockey Strat guy back in the day, the joy of seeing the UPS guy stop in front of the house in the summer ...priceless.

I started looking at this on a daily basis. A nice diversion.

Royals are 8-2 at the moment.

:headbang:

Link To Season

Edited by ChiefD
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, The General said:

Why not. 

Better than nothing I guess. Been debating whether I should cancel my extra innings package on Directv. Feels kind of gimmicky and that people won’t even acknowledge this season as a real season when they look back on it. 

51 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Better than nothing I guess. Been debating whether I should cancel my extra innings package on Directv. Feels kind of gimmicky and that people won’t even acknowledge this season as a real season when they look back on it. 

I’d hope they would give a discount. I’ll be watching and doing my fantasy baseball leagues if they do something but yeah it will be a weird season for sure. 

Not likely to happen.  The players union would have to buy in, haven't seen any players excited about this prospect.  The players would be essentially self quarantining themselves for months to do this.  Keep in mind there is no minor league farm system working.  My guess is they'd have to have taxi squads like the NFL so that they could call on players when injuries arise or something to that effect.  

These games in "bubbles" or empty venues sound great on the surface, but the reality is that in the team construct and having locker rooms, contact, etc. it simply isn't safe for the players if it isn't safe for fans to sit in chairs and watch.  

21 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

Not likely to happen.  The players union would have to buy in, haven't seen any players excited about this prospect.  The players would be essentially self quarantining themselves for months to do this.  Keep in mind there is no minor league farm system working.  My guess is they'd have to have taxi squads like the NFL so that they could call on players when injuries arise or something to that effect.  

These games in "bubbles" or empty venues sound great on the surface, but the reality is that in the team construct and having locker rooms, contact, etc. it simply isn't safe for the players if it isn't safe for fans to sit in chairs and watch.  

The players are gonna be a lot less excited to make literally no money this year. 

• Like 1

I heard that they’d be using electronic umpires for ball/strike. If that gets the ball rolling on that permanently, it would be a great thing to come out of this. 

If they don’t play then would the players just lose a year on their contract? Maybe Betts never plays in LA and we have seen  the last of Springer for the Astros for example. That would suck. 

• 1 month later...