What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Live Draft Gone Bad (1 Viewer)

I don't know what site you use for your league, but if you post the site, I am sure someone can assist with how to contact other owners, if possible.
I wouldn’t worry about it. My son can text everyone if it comes down to that. 

Best option to play with Peterson at RB?

Next issue . . . our trade was confirmed and players were set to be on the roster this morning. The website lost all record of the trade and the players are still on their original rosters. A different trade made on the same day (not involving any of these players) got processed and the players switched teams.. GRRRR.
What the actual eff? That's absurd. I really hope someone nails this guy's wife.

Commish knows about the issue and said he would correct it . . . texted again as a reminder, said he would fix it ASAP . . .and nothing has been changed. If the Thurs night game starts and I hear that the trade can't be processed now until next week I am going to punch someone.

I did figure out where people can post comments on the league website and described what happened. No one should be able to claim that it wasn't communicated or it was too late. That being said, I have little faith that this will get fixed tonight and feel that we somehow will get the shaft on this.

post on comments section that the trade is effective before kickoff because the commish said he would do it.  The new Evans owner needs to know he gets to start him in under 2 hours

post on comments section that the trade is effective before kickoff because the commish said he would do it.  The new Evans owner needs to know he gets to start him in under 2 hours
I posted all of that but still feel like this is going to end up being a battle for pretty much no reason. The only other thing I could think of in terms of why the trade didn't go through is if it got vetoed by majority vote of the league . . . which would fit the profile of the way this league operates.

If you planned on starting AP, Cohen, and Fitz, I would leave those starting spots empty.  The commish said he would make the trade, so don't start Evans.  There is no reason that trade should be vetoed

Last edited by a moderator:
If you planned on starting AP, Cohen, and Fitz, I would leave those starting spots empty.  The commish said he would make the trade, so don't start Evans.  There is no reason that trade should be vetoed
OMG now I am ready to slap my kid. He saw what I posted and wasn't happy because the commish doesn't like it when there is drama in the league and doesn't like people airing their dirty laundry in front of everyone else. I told junior F the commish and F what he thinks . . . he is the one that put you in this situation!

OMG now I am ready to slap my kid. He saw what I posted and wasn't happy because the commish doesn't like it when there is drama in the league and doesn't like people airing their dirty laundry in front of everyone else. I told junior F the commish and F what he thinks . . . he is the one that put you in this situation!
This is like the AB thread.  I finally figured it out - you have no son, you drafted with zero RB strategy in mind, then decided to have your own WDIS thread in the Shark Pool.  Very creative!

Commish can’t figure out how to manually enter a trade. Wants to drop and add the players. But Evans is undroppable so can’t be done that way. Good times . . .

Commish can’t figure out how to manually enter a trade. Wants to drop and add the players. But Evans is unstoppable so can’t be done that way. Good times . . .
The good news is that since he is saying that, the trade was not vetoed, and he simply needs to figure out how to make the change.  This should not stop the trade, and the other owner needs to know he can start Evans, and you should get to start AP, Cohen, and Fitz

Anarchy99 said:
Hurray! All players on proper roster. Guess he figured it out! And with 10 minutes to spare (Thursday night players have to be in starting lineup by 8:00).
Well done.  Evans likely scoring fewer than Fitz this week

QB - Mahomes (12). Wilson (11)
RB - Peterson (10), Cohen (6), Gordon (12), Brown (9), Henderson (9), Hilliard (7), Montgomery (4)
WR - Hopkins (10), OBJ (7), Fitz (12), Crowder (4)
TE - Hooper (9), Ebron (6)
K - Zuerlein (9)
D - Bears (6)

Looking much more manageable now.  Would be nice to package Cohen with Wilson, Fitz/Crowder, or Ebron to upgrade from Cohen to a guy with a chance for more volume.  Other than that, your RB corps is a decent enough band-aid to get you some wins.  

Probably too late, but is either Hockenson or Waller available?  Ebron is too TD-dependent for PPR.

Maybe drop Ebron for Scarlett or Davis if you insist on keeping Ty Monty.

Cohen returns punts and Hilliard returns both punts and kicks, so both have slightly more value but only if your league rewards individually for return activities.

Probably too late, but is either Hockenson or Waller available?  Ebron is too TD-dependent for PPR.

I was thinking that Ebron is a drop also, but I am guessing both TE's are rostered.  At this point, he has decent enough RB's to start, so I would shoot for the stars and take Scarlett over Davis.

Cohen returns punts and Hilliard returns both punts and kicks, so both have slightly more value but only if your league rewards individually for return activities.
LOL at the TE question. Both of them were drafted. I had no hope for Ebron even before Luck got hurt.
Couldn't get Davis. Scarlett is still available. Ogunbowale and Ajayi were released after we traded them. Slim pickings still on the waiver wire for RB's.
Free agent WR's include AJ Brown, Trey Quinn, and Tre'Quan Smith if anyone thinks those guys look promising and would be worth a stash.

LOL at the TE question. Both of them were drafted. I had no hope for Ebron even before Luck got hurt.
Couldn't get Davis. Scarlett is still available. Ogunbowale and Ajayi were released after we traded them. Slim pickings still on the waiver wire for RB's.
Free agent WR's include AJ Brown, Trey Quinn, and Tre'Quan Smith if anyone thinks those guys look promising and would be worth a stash.
You have 2 stud WR's that are must starts, and 2 good fillers.  IMO that's all you need to carry, and they all have differing byes.  I would not drop Fitz or Crowder, but would surely package them to upgrade at RB.  Would also hold Wilson, just in case of injury or as part of package trade.  That leaves Ebron as a guy to drop, if you choose.  I would start Hooper over him every week, so you are good at TE until week 9.  You have "startable" RB's, and don't really need to roster any more 3rd down back types, so I would not take a guy like Dare.  I would prefer to stash guys like Scarlett, Edmonds, or Mattison.  You know, guys that would become ball hogs if the stud goes down, but that hold no standalone value.

Guice put on IR, so should be able to get something out of AP for at least 8 weeks . . . probably 10. If only Gordon was behind on his mortgage and was forced to come back. Or Gurley's knee started throbbing incessantly.

I've been bidding too much on AJ Brown and winning. Waldman thinks he's a stud on a run-first offense. People in the SP are not sold on Sharpe, but insist C Davis is WR1. I can't see really dropping any backs for AJ at this point as you need your lottery tix.

Ginn is also potentially injured per Roto. Monitor that for Tre'quan maybe sliding into WR2 on the Saints, though they seem different than in years past (last year began their transformation to Kamara-led, this year seems to have cemented it). 

Monitor Crowder with Siemian this wknd. Monitor AJ likewise with an eye towards Crowder. AZ is snapping the ball seventy-plus times a game. Good times for Fitz.

I've been bidding too much on AJ Brown and winning. Waldman thinks he's a stud on a run-first offense. People in the SP are not sold on Sharpe, but insist C Davis is WR1. I can't see really dropping any backs for AJ at this point as you need your lottery tix.

Ginn is also potentially injured per Roto. Monitor that for Tre'quan maybe sliding into WR2 on the Saints, though they seem different than in years past (last year began their transformation to Kamara-led, this year seems to have cemented it). 

Monitor Crowder with Siemian this wknd. Monitor AJ likewise with an eye towards Crowder. AZ is snapping the ball seventy-plus times a game. Good times for Fitz.
I've never seen Trevor Siemian play, but I saw a couple people mention that he is king of the check down. With Enunwa done for the year, Thomas new to town, and Anderson mostly a disappointment (and Siemian not really a deep ball QB), Crowder should continue to see a lot of targets. Doubt I would play him over Fitz, but I think it will be closer than one would think.

I've never seen Trevor Siemian play, but I saw a couple people mention that he is king of the check down. With Enunwa done for the year, Thomas new to town, and Anderson mostly a disappointment (and Siemian not really a deep ball QB), Crowder should continue to see a lot of targets. Doubt I would play him over Fitz, but I think it will be closer than one would think.
Are you PPR, and if so, how much, Anarchy? I forget. Would be great to post league rules and current roster in the OP for those of us who check in but don't live here...

Pardon me if you already do. Off to check. 

-ra

I was thinking of actually monitoring the possibility or potential of dropping Crowder for AJ or Tre'quan if there's no PPR. The other WRs seem cemented, to me, but you gotta play it how you see it.

Also, I drafted Crowder in one league and dropped him, so this may be confirmation bias, but I'm neither a believer in him nor the Jets offense. There's a lot to that, and I'd be happy to explain. My Jets friend Dr. Octopus now has him and might offer a second Jets homer perspective on Crowder, but Crowder's got so many moving parts right now that it's hard to be ahead of a curve that might not even curve, ya know?   

Are you PPR, and if so, how much, Anarchy? I forget. Would be great to post league rules and current roster in the OP for those of us who check in but don't live here...

Pardon me if you already do. Off to check. 

-ra
It's 0.5 PPR. Start QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-FLEX-PK-DEF. Updated roster:

Mahomes, Wilson
Peterson, Cohen, Gordon, Brown, Henderson, Hilliard, Ty Montgomery
Hopkins, OBJ, Fitz, Crowder
Hooper, Ebron
Zuerlein
Bears

I was thinking of actually monitoring the possibility or potential of dropping Crowder for AJ or Tre'quan if there's no PPR. The other WRs seem cemented, to me, but you gotta play it how you see it.

Also, I drafted Crowder in one league and dropped him, so this may be confirmation bias, but I'm neither a believer in him nor the Jets offense. There's a lot to that, and I'd be happy to explain. My Jets friend Dr. Octopus now has him and might offer a second Jets homer perspective on Crowder, but Crowder's got so many moving parts right now that it's hard to be ahead of a curve that might not even curve, ya know?   
The reason why I bought into Crowder this year was MIA over the past three seasons had the most receptions and second most yardage from the slot in the entire NFL. I initially thought Siemian would hurt everyone on the offense, but I am guessing Crowder will still get his share of underneath dump offs that other teams will probably let them have. He had 17 targets last week. I can't see dropping a guy with that many looks.

.5 PPR has Crowder at 17.30 (17-14-99-0-17.30) last week. That's (targets-catches-yds-TD-pts). Not shabby at all. But that was a career week. His health is also always suspect.

Fitz went 13-8-113-1-21.30

It's Baltimore for Fitz, CLE for Crowder. :Shrugs:

Good luck!

The reason why I bought into Crowder this year was MIA over the past three seasons had the most receptions and second most yardage from the slot in the entire NFL. I initially thought Siemian would hurt everyone on the offense, but I am guessing Crowder will still get his share of underneath dump offs that other teams will probably let them have. He had 17 targets last week. I can't see dropping a guy with that many looks.
I totally agree. I was saying to monitor. Crowder tore apart last week. 

I dropped Crowder before Game One, and drafted him per almost exactly your reasoning. Just didn't buy it. 

McLaurin (WR1) or A.J. Brown (WR2/3).

Might want to also post all the rosters in the OP, so we can check before asking who has who.

McLaurin (WR1) or A.J. Brown (WR2/3).

Might want to also post all the rosters in the OP, so we can check before asking who has who.
McLaurin long gone. AJ Brown is available. Could drop Ebron for him potentially.

Melvin Gordon now expected back in the 11/1 range. That would be Week 9. Too bad the Chargers wouldn't have had a bye by then.

AJB is the new Boldin, just needs a few more targets.  Good stash for the weeks ahead.  Deebo Samuel is another one to watch when Shanahan finally figures out he needs more snaps.

If you think this way about the Jets passing game, AND feel like Ebron is a lost cause, then maybe Chris Herndon deserves a look.

I'm not 100% sold myself but I see some folks are.

• Thinking
Reactions: -X-
McLaurin long gone. AJ Brown is available. Could drop Ebron for him potentially.

Melvin Gordon now expected back in the 11/1 range. That would be Week 9. Too bad the Chargers wouldn't have had a bye by then.
On the off chance AJ Brown pulls a rookie year OBJ I'd love to add him. I'd drop Hilliard over Ebron though. I think Ebron will recover some of his value and will be startable at times this year. But............??

On the off chance AJ Brown pulls a rookie year OBJ I'd love to add him. I'd drop Hilliard over Ebron though. I think Ebron will recover some of his value and will be startable at times this year. But............??
Based on 2 years ago, Brissett had a good thing going with Doyle. I thing Doyle will do better this year than Ebron and the Colts offense won't be dynamic enough to support two fantasy worthy TE's.

That being said, people will have to sell me on AJ Brown, who looked good last week but I don't know enough about him to have much of an opinion. Like the Colts, I don't think the Titans offense or QB situation will usually lead to big passing totals, and clearly he is not going to average 30+ yards a catch. Defenses will adjust and he probably won't see a ton of targets on a run first team with meh at QB. But maybe I am reading this situation wrong.

I hear what you're saying about the Colts and the smart money is probably just what you're saying. I think Brissett is going to surprise people though. The O line is solid Mack is solid and there are playmakers everywhere. I am admittedly an Ebron truther though. 

That said what is the waiver TE situation? Uzomah is a guy I've been adding for free in a couple spots as kind of an emergency 3rd TE. He may be worth more though.

I hear what you're saying about the Colts and the smart money is probably just what you're saying. I think Brissett is going to surprise people though. The O line is solid Mack is solid and there are playmakers everywhere. I am admittedly an Ebron truther though. 

That said what is the waiver TE situation? Uzomah is a guy I've been adding for free in a couple spots as kind of an emergency 3rd TE. He may be worth more though.
I think the Colts offense will be better than 2017 and better than expected with Brissett . . . but still a long way's away from what it would have been with Luck.

Given the options available at TE, I was fine with Hooper. I generally wouldn't draft more than one TE and to be honest I was so concerned about RB's I overlooked rostering two of them. Some other guys that are available are Herndon, Jarwin, Uzomah, Eifert, Hurst, Gesicki, Brate, Swaim, and Doyle. To me, those are all probably bye week filler types.

Users who are viewing this thread