What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Live Draft Gone Bad (1 Viewer)

I think you gotta just stay the course and compete. I think the team should be in the thick of the playoff race. Need some luck to beat the big boys but there's room for that to happen. 

Not sure about your first statement. Definitely would have lost last week if we still had Evans. Fitz is on pace for 96/1350/11. Other than Brown in Week 1, all the other RB's we had on the roster originally have been abysmal.

We are losing by 22.08 heading into tonight. We have either Cohen or Peterson and the Bears defense to catch up. IMO, those two backs are pretty close projection wise this week. The Bears really haven't utilized Cohen much at all. Peterson is probably 25-35% to get a goal line TD. Neither one is a great option, as I doubt either one will have a noteworthy fantasy week. We will likely need a big game from the Bears defense with a return TD to stand a chance.
Let’s Go!!!

If the Bears - Skins game ended RIGHT NOW then we would win. But it isn’t done. If WAS doesn’t get anymore yards are points, then we’re golden. So we can at least say we at one point we’re officially ahead this week. 

How many guaranteed points do you have from the Bears right now?  TD = 6, 3 TO = 6, and 3? sacks = 3 for a total of 15?  Do you get bonus points for yardage and the score of the opponent?  Either way the Bears have a chance for much more in the 2nd half given the score and the ineptitude of the WAS offense. 

How many guaranteed points do you have from the Bears right now?  TD = 6, 3 TO = 6, and 3? sacks = 3 for a total of 15?  Do you get bonus points for yardage and the score of the opponent?  Either way the Bears have a chance for much more in the 2nd half given the score and the ineptitude of the WAS offense. 
Sliding scale for points and yards. Allowing a FG cost 2 points. Giving up 100 yards will cost 2 points. Yes, 15 points in the books so far. 

Currently ahead by 5.02 points. Will lose 3 if WAS gets to 14 points. Will lose another point in 16 more yards for the Skins. 

Currently “ahead” by 1.62. Will lose another point if WAS gets to 21 points. Will lose 2 points in another 24 yards for the Redskins. 

Currently “ahead” by 1.62. Will lose another point if WAS gets to 21 points. Will lose 2 points in another 24 yards for the Redskins. 
So minus 2 for the 24 yards and plus 1 for the sack on the last play of the game - so you won by 0.62 ???

Yeah that Keenam fumble should be the point differential...I think.

Btw this is my most favorite thread in quite some time.  As a Packers fan I hate the Bears but once it was clear they were winning I was cheering every turnover they got lol.

Last sack should’ve iced it.  Not sure if the yardage loss crossed a threshold back the other way or not.

Huzzah!  Now put your claim in for Gallman.   :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pulled it out by 2 points and change. Had WAS scored on the last drive would have lost. Would have lost 4 points for points and yardage allowed. Nothing more stressful than hoping your defense hangs on for dear life. 
Hurray - so you are 2 and 1 now?  Also, need an update on your roster, thanx.

Up to 3rd place. LOL.

Mahomes, Wilson
Peterson, Cohen, MBrown, Hilliard, MGordon, TMostert (bye), Montgomery (bye)
Hopkins, OBJ, Fitzgerald, Crowder (bye)
Hooper, Ebron
Zuerlein
Bears

Put a waiver claim in for Gallman (dropping Montgomery)

Other free agents . . .

Jeff Wilson, Darrel Williams, Ito Smith, Darrell Henderson, Brian Hill, Darren Sproles
Taylor Gabriel, Demarcus Robinson, Paul Richardson, Mecole Hardman
Jordan Akins, Chris Herndon

This week facing . . .

Jones, Garoppolo (bye)
Elliott, Conner, Ingram, Murray, Pollard,  Edwards, Mattison
Allen, Thielen, MJones, Westbrook, Tate
Harris
Fairbairn
Ravens, Packers

0.5 ppr.

I'd put in a claim for Darrel Williams as well.  The odds are small but he's a guy with league-winner upside.  Exactly the type you need to stock up on.

I wouldn't even argue with prioritizing Williams ahead of Gallman.  Gallman has a low ceiling IMO.  I expect a lot more of what we saw in 2+ quarters on Sunday (5 carries for 13 yards, no catches on 1 target).  The falloff from Barkley to Gallman will be precipitous.

Anarchy99 said:
Up to 3rd place. LOL.

Mahomes, Wilson
Peterson, Cohen, MBrown, Hilliard, MGordon, TMostert (bye), Montgomery (bye)
Hooper, Ebron
Zuerlein
Bears

Put a waiver claim in for Gallman (dropping Montgomery)

Other free agents . . .

Jeff Wilson, Darrel Williams, Ito Smith, Darrell Henderson, Brian Hill, Darren Sproles
Taylor Gabriel, Demarcus Robinson, Paul Richardson, Mecole Hardman
Jordan Akins, Chris Herndon

This week facing . . .

Jones, Garoppolo (bye)
Elliott, Conner, Ingram, Murray, Pollard,  Edwards, Mattison
Harris
Fairbairn
Ravens, Packers

0.5 ppr.
Just names I like. Would be cool to pair Robinson with Mahomes. When Hill comes back maybe he has some value over Hardman. IDK. OBJ has a bye week 7. 

You said you don't like Ebron and I do, but even I would rather have Herndon. Mono boy is going to come back soon. 

I *thought* I saw something about Ito Smith being hurt. Brian Hill is just a "monitor and see" name. Darrell would be my first choice by far. You probably won't get Gallman and not even sure he is worth it. I'd probably move on from Hilliard and Montgomery. 

Consider CJ Anderson
Anderson was never a free agent. He was drafted and never dropped. We ended up getting Darrel Williams.

Mahomes, Wilson
Peterson, Cohen, MBrown, Hilliard, MGordon, Darrel Williams, TMostert (bye)
Hooper, Ebron
Zuerlein
Bears

I'll believe the Gordon news when he actually appears in a game.

Anderson was never a free agent. He was drafted and never dropped. We ended up getting Darrel Williams.

Mahomes, Wilson
Hooper, Ebron
Zuerlein
Bears

I'll believe the Gordon news when he actually appears in a game.
Darrel was a good pick up.  Anderson didn't seem to latch on anywhere yet.  I know I have to root for Gordon for you, but I own Ekeler without MG.  So, who ya thinking about starting at RB?

Darrel was a good pick up.  Anderson didn't seem to latch on anywhere yet.  I know I have to root for Gordon for you, but I own Ekeler without MG.  So, who ya thinking about starting at RB?
After last week Wilson (at RB), but I think that would be against the rules.

Now that I think about it, leagues should allow teams to play a QB at RB if that team is willing to only count the QB's rushing and receiving yards. Lamar Jackson would be worth starting and then play someone else at QB.

And since I am on a roll, why are many (most) fantasy leagues still requiring two starting RB's? Most NFL teams have 3 WR  and 1 RB on the field the majority of the time. IMO, instead of requiring 2 RB, 2 WR, and a flex, fantasy leagues should be 1 RB / 1 WR / 3 Flex. In a league like this one, that would have made life so much easier (and fairer).

And since I am on a roll, why are many (most) fantasy leagues still requiring two starting RB's? Most NFL teams have 3 WR  and 1 RB on the field the majority of the time. IMO, instead of requiring 2 RB, 2 WR, and a flex, fantasy leagues should be 1 RB / 1 WR / 3 Flex. In a league like this one, that would have made life so much easier (and fairer).
Your autodraft just woulda picked 15 TE's then

Your autodraft just woulda picked 15 TE's then
3 weeks x 2 RB = something like only 33 points scored. In a 0.5 PPR league, I would gladly have played two extra TE over two crappy RB. But there are a ton of free agent WR on the wire. Those would score way better than the TEs.

Our long time league of 29 years just voted to do this for that very reason. 

In my .5PPR league, MyFBG has your RB's as:

Adrian Peterson - 10.17 (RB26)

Darrel Williams - 10.01 (RB27)

Tarik Cohen - 8.42 (RB34)

Malcolm Brown - 5.07 (RB49)

Dontrell Hilliard - 1.39 (RB70)

My son is contemplating trying to facilitate a trade. Here is our team roster again . . .

Mahomes, Wilson
Hooper, Ebron
Zuerlein
Bears

Here is the other team's roster . . .

Jones, Brissett
Elliott, Ingram, Conner, Edwards, Mattison, Murray, Pollard
Harris
Fairbairn
Ravens, Packers

My son really likes Ingram and was thinking of offering Wilson and Ebron for Ingram and ??? Is it worth considering making an offer and who would the appropriate ??? player be? My initial concern is that team would end up filling its only two weaknesses. We would be getting back a legit RB, but is that worth parting ways with Wilson (who we usually would never play).?

If I'm the Ingram owner I'm holding out for this week to get another look at Jones. Wilson doesn't pass enough save for last week's monstrous week. 

If I'm the Ingram owner I'm holding out for this week to get another look at Jones. Wilson doesn't pass enough save for last week's monstrous week. 
I wouldn't do it from their side either, but Wilson has been a Top 5 QB in 3 of the past 5 years and is currently ranked QB 4 (and only 4 points from being the QB 1). The point being, no matter how he scores he has been one of the best fantasy QB's (was top 10 the other 2 seasons).

I wouldn't do it from their side either, but Wilson has been a Top 5 QB in 3 of the past 5 years and is currently ranked QB 4 (and only 4 points from being the QB 1). The point being, no matter how he scores he has been one of the best fantasy QB's (was top 10 the other 2 seasons).
I'm talking solely this year and excluding last week, which might be silly. I guess I got scared off by his volume the first week amidst all the Carroll announcements. He threw 35 times Wk 2 and 50 Wk 3. He is QB4 right now.

I'm talking solely this year and excluding last week, which might be silly. I guess I got scared off by his volume the first week amidst all the Carroll announcements. He threw 35 times Wk 2 and 50 Wk 3. He is QB4 right now.
In any event, if you were us and wanted to target the potential offer I mentioned (Wilson and Ebron for Ingram and ??? Who would you suggest we add as a second player coming back (if anyone)?

In any event, if you were us and wanted to target the potential offer I mentioned (Wilson and Ebron for Ingram and ??? Who would you suggest we add as a second player coming back (if anyone)?
I'm still honestly skeptical he's going to want to give something in addition to even Ingram, so I'm a bit stuck. I guess a fair offer would include either a backup RB like Mattison or Murray, or a back end WR like Westbrook or Tate. I'm guessing he drafted Tate and held him, so he's going to be a little reluctant to part with him in light of Jones's outing on Sun.

Not that this is how I would think or how one should think. It's trying to suss out how people will think.

This might be fairest if done two-for-one, if that's at all appealing to him. (And all things constant, it could be.)

Can't hurt to make that offer and I don't think you need a 2nd player coming back to make it worthwhile. 

I'm still honestly skeptical he's going to want to give something in addition to even Ingram, so I'm a bit stuck. I guess a fair offer would include either a backup RB like Mattison or Murray, or a back end WR like Westbrook or Tate. I'm guessing he drafted Tate and held him, so he's going to be a little reluctant to part with him in light of Jones's outing on Sun.

Not that this is how I would think or how one should think. It's trying to suss out how people will think.

This might be fairest if done two-for-one, if that's at all appealing to him. (And all things constant, it could be.)
Tate was a free agent pick up that sat on the waiver wire for weeks. Since there are a fixed set of roster spots, any 2 for 1 deal means that another player would have to be cut anyway. So a 2 for 1 swap turns into a 2 for 2 deal in that a player will have to be trimmed from the roster to make room. Probably the best way to make an offer would be Wilson and Ebron for Ingram and anyone else on their roster (ie, whomever they would have to drop). I agree that I wouldn't consider the trade from their side, but my son really wants Ingram and has rostered him many other times.

Tate was a free agent pick up that sat on the waiver wire for weeks. Since there are a fixed set of roster spots, any 2 for 1 deal means that another player would have to be cut anyway. So a 2 for 1 swap turns into a 2 for 2 deal in that a player will have to be trimmed from the roster to make room. Probably the best way to make an offer would be Wilson and Ebron for Ingram and anyone else on their roster (ie, whomever they would have to drop). I agree that I wouldn't consider the trade from their side, but my son really wants Ingram and has rostered him many other times.
Gotcha. Yeah, I figured he'd have a full bench and would need to drop one. In that case, you could take from him the player he wants least and then you could drop him.

Funny how a player can get a start in the league and have a totally different effect on fantasy players. To me, even though he's played 16, 16, 12 games the past three years, losing four to suspension, Ingram will always strike me as the guy he was at the beginning of his career, which was that he seemed a tad slow and injury-prone, for however much you accept injuries as anything but luck. 

Users who are viewing this thread