What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB D’Andre Swift, CHI (3 Viewers)

https://twitter.com/dwainmcfarland/status/1437159970101936130?s=20

D'Andre Swift was in a route on 63% of the Lions' passing plays today. That is Kamara-esque. PPR finishes for backs between 60% and 70% routes and at least 40% of attempts (>50% today) since 2011: 16, 3, 4, 5, 9, 1, 3, 5, 1, 2, 3, 9, 3, 1 Huge season coming.
If this is sustainable, even running a route in 50-60% would be very serviceable.

Last edited by a moderator:
jobarules said:
19 total touches. Had him in my lineup all week. Changed him 5 minutes before because of that stupid report. These reporters don't know crap.
And then I left Barkley in after making the mistake pulling Swift.

Nice week for me

That report cost me a win. So frustrating. Sometimes wish I would just not look at my phone.

I took him out for about five minutes around 12:30ish. Then I thought it over...he’s still the preferred third down back...still the better GL back...put him back in.

But def understand anyone who bailed, that was a strong report & rippling through Twitter, here, et al. Really sucks for people who were swayed.

Just a casual observation from a Swift owner who only saw the statline, happy to see him do well today but Williams and him appeared to more or less split rushes and had same targets and catches. So the excitement surrounding him, while i'm hopeful as well, seems like it should be tempered slightly? I guess the offense can support both guys and they can both be serviceable in fantasy bottom line.

Concerned next week Campbell is going to give Jamaal a ton of work in a revenge game against the Packers.

Definitely was Kamara-like today and will catch balls all year. However, Williams was pretty good too and won't be going away. This does seem like Ingram/Kamara all over again, but on a bad team, yet with the Midas touch at the RB position this year? 

Concerned next week Campbell is going to give Jamaal a ton of work in a revenge game against the Packers.

Then you’re looking for bogeymen. Probably ought to stay in bed this week, you might get hit by a bus. Or have a branch fall on your head.

Snap Count was 63-32 in favor of Swift - 84 plays run, 11 plays they were both on the field.

per PFF (context matters twitter acct):

D'Andre Swift was in a route on 68% of the Lions' passing plays today. That is Kamara-esque.

PPR finishes for backs between 60% and 70% routes and at least 40% of attempts (>50% today) since 2011:

16, 3, 4, 5, 9, 1, 3, 5, 1, 2, 3, 9, 3, 1

Huge season coming.

Then you’re looking for bogeymen. Probably ought to stay in bed this week, you might get hit by a bus. Or have a branch fall on your head.

Snap Count was 63-32 in favor of Swift - 84 plays run, 11 plays they were both on the field.

per PFF (context matters twitter acct):
I was surprised the snap count was so skewed in favor of Swift given how many touches Williams also go. No doubt Swift be a huge part of the game plan going forward  - just thinking that Campbell may give Williams some more run on MNF to let him bite the knee caps of some of his old teammates.

I was surprised the snap count was so skewed in favor of Swift. No doubt Swift be a huge part of the game plan - just thinking that Campbell may give Williams some more run on MNF to let him bite the knee caps of some of his old teammates.

You could be right. Pregame Campbell & Jamaal almost took each other [out] sprinting toward one another for a high chest bump (our coach is basically Ted Lasso.)

Just from a psychological view - which is always speculative - Williams is the opposite of chip-on-his-shoulder, “I’m gonna make them sorry” type player. Everything rolls off his back, he keeps the locker room loose. He’s got a ton of friends over there and the Packer fans were sorry to see him go. I’m sure he’ll be highly motivated, but maybe for different reasons than we might commonly think about,

Gametime decision? Doesn't say one way or the other, but he's listed as questionable.

local beats didn’t have much to say today other than “limited participant, missed a portion of practice.”

Usually reporters are only there for the first 20 minutes of practice. If they have any observations they note it.

Justin Rogers (Detroit News) and Kyle Meinke (MLive) are reliable twitter follows for updates.

Fortunately, I have both Swift and Williams and can swap in whoever is healthiest.
Yeah...I have no Monday option (unless I pick up a mediocre WR).

Thankfully my opponent had Logan Thomas and Barkley going last night and didn't get much.  Hoping to get something better than a GTD in the next couple of days.  Otherwise its Cooks/Shenault

I typically don't like to handcuff because it caps a team's upside, but this is one situation that I felt was needed.
2+ weeks ago, had you told this board you were handcuffing the Lions backfield - they would have called you all sorts of stupid.  Nobody was on the Lions backfield. 
Definitely - Swift was one of my keepers and people scoffed at me at my draft when I took Williams a round or so earlier than I would have normally, saying how could you have one, let alone two, RBs in that offense. 

Definitely - Swift was one of my keepers and people scoffed at me at my draft when I took Williams a round or so earlier than I would have normally, saying how could you have one, let alone two, RBs in that offense. 
Swift and Hockenson in redraft.  Told by everyone from my league to this message board the Lions wouldn't produce any fantasy relevant players.  Now we are talking about handcuffing that backfield.  LOL.  Good job to you for having the courage of what I didn't.  If anything happens to Swift - Jamaal Williams will be a top 5 RB. 

Swift and Hockenson in redraft.  Told by everyone from my league to this message board the Lions wouldn't produce any fantasy relevant players.  Now we are talking about handcuffing that backfield.  LOL.  Good job to you for having the courage of what I didn't.  If anything happens to Swift - Jamaal Williams will be a top 5 RB. 
And now many are starting to say the same thing about Houston. What I've learned over the years is to keep an open mind that seemingly horrible offenses in pre-season won't necessarily turn out that way.

But I digress. Practice fully today, D'Andre - we need you.

2+ weeks ago, had you told this board you were handcuffing the Lions backfield - they would have called you all sorts of stupid.  Nobody was on the Lions backfield. 

Nah, I don't want to quote myself but I got receipts on this board both saying Swift was a steal and Jamaal was also good value and broke down exactly why. So not quite accurate to say nobody and fwiw no one ridiculed that opinion.

Nah, I don't want to quote myself but I got receipts on this board both saying Swift was a steal and Jamaal was also good value and broke down exactly why. So not quite accurate to say nobody and fwiw no one ridiculed that opinion.
Well, nobody in my league thought so. Eff them.

Hock & Swift are the best playmakers by far, and Jamaal def has an important role. But I’m guessing they won’t always run 92 plays like Week 1.

Really good O line helps a lot. Missing Decker for a few more weeks but Ragnow is one of the best centers in the league, and Penei is insanely quick and agile for a 335 pound child. Still a few weeks away from turning 21. Had an excellent game VS Bosa last week & drew a lot of praise. He said it was ok but thinks he can do better.

Campbell & Co have to prove they’re more than the RL Ted Lasso. But he and the new GM Brad Holmes and Sheila Hamp Ford have changed the culture. Hope Swift and the other young guys stay healthy bc we finally have a regime that knows how to build a team from the inside out.

IF healthy D’Andre is capable of turning in a Pro Bowl season. Might big if though.

I will say this much. Dan Campbell and his staff are usually pretty straight shooters when it comes to injuries. It’s refreshing to hear someone not trying to play games or hide information.

what are the thoughts of the Lion's fans about Jamaal over swift this week? I have both on one team and i'm leaning towards the Monday Night National Revenge game Jamaal. 

Not tuned into the Lions but if they are typically down quite a bit in the second half of games, won't that force them to pass, thus negating Williams (at least)?

Not tuned into the Lions but if they are typically down quite a bit in the second half of games, won't that force them to pass, thus negating Williams (at least)?
Why?  Williams can block and can catch too.

And I have Swift.

One game is a small sample size to know for sure, but I think leading or trailing the lions want to feature Williams, Swift and Hock.  It’s all they really have.

I'm committing to starting Swift on Monday.  Other possibilities include Marquise Brown, Marquez Callaway, and Marvin Jones.

As an aside, I always liked Duce as a player and like him even more as a coach. Always seemed to be a straight shooter, which we appreciate in the fantasy community.

this might change down the road if it comes back to bite them, but rn Dan Campbell and his staff are very open about injuries - no game playing for the most part. they might give a non-answer answer but they generally they say exactly where a guy is at wrt recovery/treatment.

partly that’s bc ownership is trying rebuild relationships with the fan base. Sheila Ford Hamp took over as Chairwoman about 15 months ago; every hire has been about openness and positivity. they have a particular type. the new GM fits the new HC.

Patricia was such a jerk to everyone - embarrassing platers in meetings, berating facility employees, lecturing reporters. he and the old GM were secretive with everyone, not just the press. the environment was toxuc af. one of the ways they have changed the culture is to just adopt the attitude DC carries naturally. not here to bull#### anyone, got a job to do and we respect that you (reporters) do as well.

Users who are viewing this thread