What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB D’Andre Swift, CHI (2 Viewers)

He (and anyone who signs him) needs to commit to being a 3rd down/COP RB...that is the best role for him and I think he could thrive if he just concentrates on that role...kind of like how Kevin Faulk did when it became apparent early on that he was not a 3-down RB.

He (and anyone who signs him) needs to commit to being a 3rd down/COP RB...that is the best role for him and I think he could thrive if he just concentrates on that role...kind of like how Kevin Faulk did when it became apparent early on that he was not a 3-down RB.
You could probably add Tony Pollard, with whom Swift will be competing in FA, in that realm. But that's for another thread.

You could probably add Tony Pollard, with whom Swift will be competing in FA, in that realm. But that's for another thread.

I see him more as a member of an RBBC then a 3rd down/COP RB but I definitely get what you are saying.

I see him more as a member of an RBBC then a 3rd down/COP RB but I definitely get what you are saying.
Wait, you're the one who said 3rd down/COP RB.

I said that about Swift...the RBBC is with regard to Pollard.

I said that about Swift...the RBBC is with regard to Pollard.
Ohh, got it! Makes sense now.

I think Pollard is a FAR better RB than Swift. I don't think there is a single thing a RB is asked to do that Swift is better at. It probably belongs more in the Pollard topic, but I think Pollard is extremely underrated if people just take his 2023 as what he is.

I think saying he's a third down/COP back is underselling him but agree he's not what you want in a bellcow. Lines can get blurred on this but I don't think he's so much as what you want to build your running game around but someone you want to be a major part of it and all of that fits the mold of a RBBC 1A/B more then a clear cut secondary type associated with a COP.

He played the most games he's ever played, had 78 more carries then he's ever had in the NFL and over 40 more then he ever had in college and to me it was showing in the later part of the season. I think he was wearing down but it also looked like he was running to try and preserve himself. Hard thing to judge but to me he did not show quite enough fight and determination, went down to easily at contact and that was really my only knock on him.

I don't know if he'll be able to hit the type of contracts that Montgomery or Sanders got but possible which is around $5-6M a year with an out after 2 seasons. As second RB contracts go he'll be viewed as having less wear and tear then most and he'll play his next two seasons as a 25 and 26 year old. I think that's absolutely going to be in his favor vs some of the other FA RB's.

Got no idea where he might land. Did Brian Johnson like him or just live with him? If it's the former maybe pairing him with Robinson if the money is a viable plan for Washington, that would be a good duo IMO.

I think Pollard is a FAR better RB than Swift. I don't think there is a single thing a RB is asked to do that Swift is better at. It probably belongs more in the Pollard topic, but I think Pollard is extremely underrated if people just take his 2023 as what he is.

Pollard looks like he lost his burst.

Not a bellcow, but can play more than just a COP role for mild stretches of a season.

If his market is bare, I could see him signing with KC. His share of the jersey sales alone, would make up for a big portion of the lack of salary, yet less all the additional marketing and publicity that would surely come his way.

And he would be a legit upgrade over Jerick McKinnon in that role.

If his market is bare, I could see him signing with KC. His share of the jersey sales alone, would make up for a big portion of the lack of salary, yet less all the additional marketing and publicity that would surely come his way.
That would be interesting considering just about everyone thought the Chiefs were going to draft Swift, only to pivot and draft CEH instead. Obviously that draft mistake really cost them in the end.

Swift's ratio of targets:rushes in 2023 was 30% of what it was in 2022. I mean, I guess that comes with getting a lot of rushing attempts after getting only 100 with Detroit in 2022. But still, I'd have liked to have seen 100 targets last year, not 50. Even if they ran him a little less.

Swift's ratio of targets:rushes in 2023 was 30% of what it was in 2022. I mean, I guess that comes with getting a lot of rushing attempts after getting only 100 with Detroit in 2022. But still, I'd have liked to have seen 100 targets last year, not 50. Even if they ran him a little less.
Tough for the #4 option in a passing game to ever see 100 targets, and Swift was certainly a lot less deserving of targets than AJ/Smith/Goedert.

Tough for the #4 option in a passing game to ever see 100 targets, and Swift was certainly a lot less deserving of targets than AJ/Smith/Goedert.
Also a different offensive philosophy between Philly and Detroit. Hurts' mobility has a lot to do with it in terms of not needing to check down because he can just take off. Goff is obviously much more of a pocket passer.

Feel like Swift will be another hot topic of disagreement this off-season.

3/24 with over 15 guaranteed is initial reporting and I'm sure the details will be less favorable but they obviously had a deal worked out for him and this is someone they wanted. That's great for him.

The negative is that Caleb holds the ball a long time looking for a big play, if he does that in the NFL that will often limit the dump offs or easier throws to RB's. Goal line he might cede carries to Roschon and Caleb can move. Still expect him to get a lot more targets and goal line TD chances then he had in Philly, less of an OL though.

All in all stock up for me. Good RB2.

What is crazy is that for over half an hour he was the only FA to switch teams, think Greenard just went to Vikings as second one.

I love it for Chicago, we haven't had a home run runningback since Matt Forte.

Thunder and lightning with Roschon. Bring in Caleb Williams and a WR to pair him with and the Bears are legit contenders for the NFC North.

Bear down!!

3/24 with over 15 guaranteed is initial reporting and I'm sure the details will be less favorable but they obviously had a deal worked out for him and this is someone they wanted. That's great for him.

The negative is that Caleb holds the ball a long time looking for a big play, if he does that in the NFL that will often limit the dump offs or easier throws to RB's. Goal line he might cede carries to Roschon and Caleb can move. Still expect him to get a lot more targets and goal line TD chances then he had in Philly, less of an OL though.

Huh? I feel like this is the middle of a conversation I missed . . .

I don't understand what is to not understand. You're aware he signed with the Bears?

I don't understand what is to not understand. You're aware he signed with the Bears?
Thanks for asking that question, I was going to answer Socrates but was not sure what to address.

I figured that must be the case, but I had not seen that report. Thanks!

Downgrades to QB, OL, all of the offense in general. I like the player alright but I’m glad I traded him away a couple of weeks ago.

His value was already in the toilet after the Eagles imploded to end the season and they forgot about the run game. Multiple posters on these boards talking about him not being worth anything and would be lucky to sign as a backup. Its not the best landing spot sure, but its better than what most were expecting 24 hours ago.

Bears agreed to terms with RB D’Andre Swift, formerly of the Eagles, on a three-year, $24.5 million contract.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the deal includes $15.3 million guaranteed. It’s a questionable commitment in a loaded running back class for a team that already wasn’t hurting for running back depth. Swift finally stayed healthy last season as he cruised to new career highs in Philadelphia, but he was inefficient both as a rusher and pass catcher behind one of the league’s best run-blocking lines. That’s at least from an advanced metric perspective, including average rush yards over expected. From a traditional yards per carry lens, his 4.6 was fine. That’s the complaint. The positive, of course, is that Swift is a weapon-ish player capable of contributing on all three downs as the Bears ready to welcome phenom QB Caleb Williams. Swift will definitely remain in the RB2 mix in fantasy. His arrival is real bad news for Khalil Herbert and Roschon Johnson.
- Rotoworld

Users who are viewing this thread