Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

RB D’Andre Swift, DET


Faust

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, joffer said:

what level of WR is he worth right now?  a healthy Hopkins?  Lamb?  Jefferson?

I just traded him straight up for A.J. Brown in redraft. I still have Dalvin, Chubb, Elijah and Cordarrelle at RB, and this is a league where I have lost both Ridley and Woods so I had to do something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I just traded him straight up for A.J. Brown in redraft. I still have Dalvin, Chubb, Elijah and Cordarrelle at RB, and this is a league where I have lost both Ridley and Woods so I had to do something. 

i offered that last week and surprisingly, it was turned down.  now i think the guy would take it.

edit: redraft

Edited by joffer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, joffer said:

i offered that last week and surprisingly, it was turned down.  now i think the guy would take it.

edit: redraft

Probably so after Brown’s dud this past week haha. But better days are ahead for him no doubt, likely starting this week with the lowly Texans. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

D'Andre Swift (shoulder) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

It's a new injury for Swift, so it's something to at least watch the rest of the week and headed into Sunday's game against the Browns. Swift is coming off career-highs in snap rate (93%) and touches (36) in last week's tie against the Steelers. It could be more of a rest day for the sophomore back.

Nov 17, 2021, 4:00 PM ET

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2021 at 3:02 PM, Sam Quentin said:

Was this his breakout game ?

 

Back to back weeks with a new career high in rushing yards.

14-136-1 & 3-0-0

The offense was out of sync and struggling for momentum all day. Zero trips to the red zone. Swift housed a one cut and go sweep from 57 yards, looked absolutely explosive on his TD. The O line is blocking really well but no denying D’Andre is one of the best all around backs in the league rn.

_______________

Update on pace after 10 G:

323 touches (5th amongst RBs)

232.9 attempts (12th)

943.5 yards (15th)

NOTE: finally has a semi-decent YPC (4.05)

6.8 TDs (16th)

1657.5 YFS (5th)

10.2 TDs (12th)

113.9 targets (1st)

90.1 receptions (1st)

714.0 receiving yards (2nd)

3.4 receiving TDs (6th)

weekly: RB4-RB20-RB5-RB36-RB10-RB16-RB1-RB31-bye-RB16-RB3

overall RB5 in PPR (Taylor, Ekeler, Henry, Harris)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

 

Back to back weeks with a new career high in rushing yards.

14-136-1 & 3-0-0

The offense was out of sync and struggling for momentum all day. Zero trips to the red zone. Swift housed a one cut and go sweep from 57 yards, looked absolutely explosive on his TD. The O line is blocking really well but no denying D’Andre is one of the best all around backs in the league rn.

_______________

Update on pace after 10 G:

323 touches (5th amongst RBs)

232.9 attempts (12th)

943.5 yards (15th)

NOTE: finally has a semi-decent YPC (4.05)

6.8 TDs (16th)

1657.5 YFS (5th)

10.2 TDs (12th)

113.9 targets (1st)

90.1 receptions (1st)

714.0 receiving yards (2nd)

3.4 receiving TDs (6th)

weekly: RB4-RB20-RB5-RB36-RB10-RB16-RB1-RB31-bye-RB16-RB3

overall RB5 in PPR (Taylor, Ekeler, Henry, Harris)

That 90 receptions pace looks sweet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mister CIA said:

That 90 receptions pace looks sweet. 

 

Obviously Jonathon Taylor is THE massive breakout star of the year - true league winner rn.

Swift is maybe the next biggest 2nd year breakout players? Justin Jefferson seems even better than his insanely efficient rookie year.

Most people took the Colts stud late first / early second as their RB1; JJ was around WR7-8ish. Many took Swift in the 4th as their RB2 (I took Najee in the 2nd.) It’s great when your studs perform like they’re projected to, but even more satisfying when you go for polarizing player people are down on.

Seemed like every week there was a new excuse. Injury prone, in a timeshare, dumpster fire offense, et al. Hopefully keeps it rolling and finishes strong but definitely exceeding expectations so far. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

D'Andre Swift was forced from Detroit's Thanksgiving game against the Bears with a shoulder injury and is questionable to return. 

Well that's no good. Going to ground in the second quarter, Swift got crunched in ugly fashion by Bears LB Roquan Smith. A swarm of trainers attended to Swift for some time on the Bears' sideline before he finally made his way to the Lions' side and then the locker room. Swift had only six touches before going down and was getting out-carried by Jamaal Williams 7-3, but his loss would essentially erase any shot Detroit has at putting the Turkey Day upset. Swift DFS players might not want to look at their lineups for the rest of the day. 

Nov 25, 2021, 1:37 PM ET

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

D'Andre Swift (shoulder) will not return to the Lions' Week 12 game against the Bears. 

The seemingly inevitable news was announced by FOX's Erin Andrews after halftime. Swift was in a ton of pain after going down in a heap near the end of the second quarter, and trainers could be seen seemingly attempting to pop his shoulder back into place. The only good news is that if Swift has somehow escaped with a more minor injury, he has 10 days to get healed up for Week 13 vs. Minnesota. If we were Swift fantasy managers, however, we would begin making other plans. Jermar Jefferson and Godwin Igwebuike are the next men up behind Jamaal Williams. 

Nov 25, 2021, 2:25 PM ET

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

good news, I was afraid broken clavicle.

dislocated shoulder? sheet we know Bulldog RBs who gained 150 yards in a Sugar Bowl after popping a shoulder out on the second play of the game.

not saying D’Andre = Herschel  but I think he’ll just keep on trucking, but we shall see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

Campbell said it’s the same shoulder he hurt in Pittsburgh

Played the next week after that, correct? And quite well IIRC

Though, reinjury and not yet knowing severity change things.

Thankfully an extra few days to see.

Edited by sho nuff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Played the next week after that, correct? And quite well IIRC

Though, reinjury and not yet knowing severity change things.

Thankfully an extra few days to see.

My guess is that he’ll miss the next game at a minimum, but just speculating and hope I’m wrong. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, zamboni said:

speculating


yeah just gonna have to see where he’s at on Tuesday

obvs from a FF perspective I want him to play (own him everywhere) but from a fan perspective I want to see the least likely outcome - let Jefferson and Igwebuike share the load

ain’t nothing to be gained rolling with Jamaal up-the-middle

the 3rd/4th string guys are a combined 11-135-3 & 8-59 on 9 targets - let’s up that sample size & see what they can do

ZERO WINS - let’s try something new eh

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:


yeah just gonna have to see where he’s at on Tuesday

obvs from a FF perspective I want him to play (own him everywhere) but from a fan perspective I want to see the least likely outcome - let Jefferson and Igwebuike share the load

ain’t nothing to be gained rolling with Jamaal up-the-middle

the 3rd/4th string guys are a combined 11-135-3 & 8-59 on 9 targets - let’s up that sample size & see what they can do

ZERO WINS - let’s try something new eh

You probably know better as a Lions fan, but have to think that Campbell will ride Jamaal if Swift sits. Seems to love the guy even though he can’t do what Swift does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, zamboni said:

You probably know better as a Lions fan, but have to think that Campbell will ride Jamaal if Swift sits. Seems to love the guy even though he can’t do what Swift does.

 

If D’Andre cannot go that’s a five niner (99.999%) bc Campbell been growing more and more conservative as the losses pile up

Just dreaming what I would want to see, bc in limited appearances both have been dynamic playmakers

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Played the next week after that, correct? And quite well IIRC

Though, reinjury and not yet knowing severity change things.

Thankfully an extra few days to see.

I'm reading sprain and hope it was not dislocation.  I've dislocated a joint multiple times and each was easier to incur and worse in severity until it required surgery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, zamboni said:

https://twitter.com/ChrisBurkeNFL/status/1465399858026913792?s=20

Likely not playing this week - who knows thereafter 😞

 

DC said we’ll know a lot more based on how he feels on Tuesday and Wednesday. Right now he’s very sore.

Regardless, wouldn’t mind seeing Godwin Igwebuike be more involved last 6 games. Anytime a guy starts out averaging 12.1 yards on his first 10 touches - AND you’re winless - maybe give him an opportunity, eh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

 

 

Regardless, wouldn’t mind seeing Godwin Igwebuike be more involved last 6 games. Anytime a guy starts out averaging 12.1 yards on his first 10 touches - AND you’re winless - maybe give him an opportunity, eh.

There’s a great chance of this happening I think

Ive held Williams all year in a league where if anything could go wrong for me this year , it did 

I’ll be starting Williams if Swift doesn’t play, and id be surprised if it works out 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Anyone else trying to acquire swift for the playoff weeks from an owner that needs wins right now? 
 

Maybe an offer of Mattison for Swift?

I'd be careful about paying too much for Swift. Even if he comes back in a week or so, they may take it easy on him with nothing left to play for this season but pride.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Loipz said:
32 minutes ago, zamboni said:

I'd be careful about paying too much for Swift. Even if he comes back in a week or so, they may take it easy on him with nothing left to play for this season but pride.

I’d think a win would feel prettty good?

Sure, but not like Williams is a bad RB. There are a lot of bigger issues beyond RB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, zamboni said:

I'd be careful about paying too much for Swift. Even if he comes back in a week or so, they may take it easy on him with nothing left to play for this season but pride.

From what I've seen in the past I don't worry about usage if they are active.  It has bitten me twice in the playoffs with A J Green (Bengals) years ago, but for the most part with stud RBs, if they are active they generally have a big enough role regardless of the team record. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JohnnyU said:
36 minutes ago, zamboni said:

I'd be careful about paying too much for Swift. Even if he comes back in a week or so, they may take it easy on him with nothing left to play for this season but pride.

From what I've seen in the past I don't worry about usage if they are active.  It has bitten me twice in the playoffs with A J Green (Bengals) years ago, but for the most part with stud RBs, if they are active they generally have a big enough role regardless of the team record. 

Fair point, but every situation is different. I can see Swift being used but perhaps less than we would like and saw the past several weeks pre-injury.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lions RB snaps after Swift went down on Thanksgiving

Jamaal Williams – 74%
Jermar Jefferson – 16%
Godwin Igwebuike – 13%

Think he got all but 2 touches

DC said in his daily presser today they would lean heavily on Jamaal is Swift can’t go 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Lions RB snaps after Swift went down on Thanksgiving

Jamaal Williams – 74%
Jermar Jefferson – 16%
Godwin Igwebuike – 13%

Think he got all but 2 touches

DC said in his daily presser today they would lean heavily on Jamaal is Swift can’t go 

Between Jefferson and igwebuike, who do you think might be worth a speculative add?  Both have looked quick IMHO in limited work…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports that D'Andre Swift (shoulder) could miss multiple weeks.

Swift is dealing with an injury to his AC joint, and the Lions will reportedly exercise caution with their young star running back. Given that the highlight of the Lions season was a tie with the Mason Rudolph-led Steelers, they have zero incentive to rush Swift back from injury. As frustrating as it is for fantasy managers on the playoff bubble, the Lions would be smart to give Swift all the time he needs to get healthy. Swift looks highly doubtful against the Vikings and his status for Week 14 against the Broncos is very much up in the air. It's possible that Swift doesn't return until Week 15 against the Cardinals or Week 16 against the Falcons.

SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter

Edited:  Sorry @Sam Quentin your post probably already has this info.

Edited by JohnnyU
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Swift looks highly doubtful against the Vikings and his status for Week 14 against the Broncos is very much up in the air. It's possible that Swift doesn't return until Week 15 against the Cardinals or Week 16 against the Falcons.

SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler 

It might be best to shut him down to 2022, but I (and many of you) need him for at least weeks 15-17.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...