What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB D’Andre Swift, CHI (2 Viewers)

what level of WR is he worth right now?  a healthy Hopkins?  Lamb?  Jefferson?
I just traded him straight up for A.J. Brown in redraft. I still have Dalvin, Chubb, Elijah and Cordarrelle at RB, and this is a league where I have lost both Ridley and Woods so I had to do something. 

I just traded him straight up for A.J. Brown in redraft. I still have Dalvin, Chubb, Elijah and Cordarrelle at RB, and this is a league where I have lost both Ridley and Woods so I had to do something. 
i offered that last week and surprisingly, it was turned down.  now i think the guy would take it.

edit: redraft

Last edited by a moderator:
i offered that last week and surprisingly, it was turned down.  now i think the guy would take it.

edit: redraft
Probably so after Brown’s dud this past week haha. But better days are ahead for him no doubt, likely starting this week with the lowly Texans. 

D'Andre Swift (shoulder) was limited in Wednesday's practice.

It's a new injury for Swift, so it's something to at least watch the rest of the week and headed into Sunday's game against the Browns. Swift is coming off career-highs in snap rate (93%) and touches (36) in last week's tie against the Steelers. It could be more of a rest day for the sophomore back.

Nov 17, 2021, 4:00 PM ET

Was this his breakout game ?

Back to back weeks with a new career high in rushing yards.

14-136-1 & 3-0-0

The offense was out of sync and struggling for momentum all day. Zero trips to the red zone. Swift housed a one cut and go sweep from 57 yards, looked absolutely explosive on his TD. The O line is blocking really well but no denying D’Andre is one of the best all around backs in the league rn.

Update on pace after 10 G:

323 touches (5th amongst RBs)

232.9 attempts (12th)

943.5 yards (15th)

NOTE: finally has a semi-decent YPC (4.05)

6.8 TDs (16th)

1657.5 YFS (5th)

10.2 TDs (12th)

113.9 targets (1st)

90.1 receptions (1st)

714.0 receiving yards (2nd)

3.4 receiving TDs (6th)

weekly: RB4-RB20-RB5-RB36-RB10-RB16-RB1-RB31-bye-RB16-RB3

overall RB5 in PPR (Taylor, Ekeler, Henry, Harris)

BobbyLayne said:
Back to back weeks with a new career high in rushing yards.

14-136-1 & 3-0-0

The offense was out of sync and struggling for momentum all day. Zero trips to the red zone. Swift housed a one cut and go sweep from 57 yards, looked absolutely explosive on his TD. The O line is blocking really well but no denying D’Andre is one of the best all around backs in the league rn.

Update on pace after 10 G:

323 touches (5th amongst RBs)

232.9 attempts (12th)

943.5 yards (15th)

NOTE: finally has a semi-decent YPC (4.05)

6.8 TDs (16th)

1657.5 YFS (5th)

10.2 TDs (12th)

113.9 targets (1st)

90.1 receptions (1st)

714.0 receiving yards (2nd)

3.4 receiving TDs (6th)

weekly: RB4-RB20-RB5-RB36-RB10-RB16-RB1-RB31-bye-RB16-RB3

overall RB5 in PPR (Taylor, Ekeler, Henry, Harris)
That 90 receptions pace looks sweet. 

That 90 receptions pace looks sweet. 

Obviously Jonathon Taylor is THE massive breakout star of the year - true league winner rn.

Swift is maybe the next biggest 2nd year breakout players? Justin Jefferson seems even better than his insanely efficient rookie year.

Most people took the Colts stud late first / early second as their RB1; JJ was around WR7-8ish. Many took Swift in the 4th as their RB2 (I took Najee in the 2nd.) It’s great when your studs perform like they’re projected to, but even more satisfying when you go for polarizing player people are down on.

Seemed like every week there was a new excuse. Injury prone, in a timeshare, dumpster fire offense, et al. Hopefully keeps it rolling and finishes strong but definitely exceeding expectations so far. 

D'Andre Swift was forced from Detroit's Thanksgiving game against the Bears with a shoulder injury and is questionable to return. 

Well that's no good. Going to ground in the second quarter, Swift got crunched in ugly fashion by Bears LB Roquan Smith. A swarm of trainers attended to Swift for some time on the Bears' sideline before he finally made his way to the Lions' side and then the locker room. Swift had only six touches before going down and was getting out-carried by Jamaal Williams 7-3, but his loss would essentially erase any shot Detroit has at putting the Turkey Day upset. Swift DFS players might not want to look at their lineups for the rest of the day. 

Nov 25, 2021, 1:37 PM ET

D'Andre Swift (shoulder) will not return to the Lions' Week 12 game against the Bears. 

The seemingly inevitable news was announced by FOX's Erin Andrews after halftime. Swift was in a ton of pain after going down in a heap near the end of the second quarter, and trainers could be seen seemingly attempting to pop his shoulder back into place. The only good news is that if Swift has somehow escaped with a more minor injury, he has 10 days to get healed up for Week 13 vs. Minnesota. If we were Swift fantasy managers, however, we would begin making other plans. Jermar Jefferson and Godwin Igwebuike are the next men up behind Jamaal Williams. 

Nov 25, 2021, 2:25 PM ET

Hopefully Swift back next week. Saw him on the sidelines without a sling. Someone said his shoulder popped out. Hopefully that's all. 

good news, I was afraid broken clavicle.

dislocated shoulder? sheet we know Bulldog RBs who gained 150 yards in a Sugar Bowl after popping a shoulder out on the second play of the game.

not saying D’Andre = Herschel  but I think he’ll just keep on trucking, but we shall see.

You should have got your money out of him by now.  Great back but a terrible team.

Hurt shoulders are bad though.  His chance of leaving a game early went up a bunch for now.  Choose carefully

Campbell said it’s the same shoulder he hurt in Pittsburgh
Played the next week after that, correct? And quite well IIRC

Though, reinjury and not yet knowing severity change things.

Thankfully an extra few days to see.

My guess is that he’ll miss the next game at a minimum, but just speculating and hope I’m wrong. 

speculating
yeah just gonna have to see where he’s at on Tuesday

obvs from a FF perspective I want him to play (own him everywhere) but from a fan perspective I want to see the least likely outcome - let Jefferson and Igwebuike share the load

ain’t nothing to be gained rolling with Jamaal up-the-middle

the 3rd/4th string guys are a combined 11-135-3 & 8-59 on 9 targets - let’s up that sample size & see what they can do

ZERO WINS - let’s try something new eh

yeah just gonna have to see where he’s at on Tuesday

obvs from a FF perspective I want him to play (own him everywhere) but from a fan perspective I want to see the least likely outcome - let Jefferson and Igwebuike share the load

ain’t nothing to be gained rolling with Jamaal up-the-middle

the 3rd/4th string guys are a combined 11-135-3 & 8-59 on 9 targets - let’s up that sample size & see what they can do

ZERO WINS - let’s try something new eh
You probably know better as a Lions fan, but have to think that Campbell will ride Jamaal if Swift sits. Seems to love the guy even though he can’t do what Swift does.

You probably know better as a Lions fan, but have to think that Campbell will ride Jamaal if Swift sits. Seems to love the guy even though he can’t do what Swift does.

If D’Andre cannot go that’s a five niner (99.999%) bc Campbell been growing more and more conservative as the losses pile up

Just dreaming what I would want to see, bc in limited appearances both have been dynamic playmakers

sho nuff said:

I'm reading sprain and hope it was not dislocation.  I've dislocated a joint multiple times and each was easier to incur and worse in severity until it required surgery.

Regardless, wouldn’t mind seeing Godwin Igwebuike be more involved last 6 games. Anytime a guy starts out averaging 12.1 yards on his first 10 touches - AND you’re winless - maybe give him an opportunity, eh.
There’s a great chance of this happening I think

Ive held Williams all year in a league where if anything could go wrong for me this year , it did 

I’ll be starting Williams if Swift doesn’t play, and id be surprised if it works out 

Anyone else trying to acquire swift for the playoff weeks from an owner that needs wins right now? 

Maybe an offer of Mattison for Swift?

I'd be careful about paying too much for Swift. Even if he comes back in a week or so, they may take it easy on him with nothing left to play for this season but pride.
From what I've seen in the past I don't worry about usage if they are active.  It has bitten me twice in the playoffs with A J Green (Bengals) years ago, but for the most part with stud RBs, if they are active they generally have a big enough role regardless of the team record. 

I'd be careful about paying too much for Swift. Even if he comes back in a week or so, they may take it easy on him with nothing left to play for this season but pride.
From what I've seen in the past I don't worry about usage if they are active.  It has bitten me twice in the playoffs with A J Green (Bengals) years ago, but for the most part with stud RBs, if they are active they generally have a big enough role regardless of the team record. 
Fair point, but every situation is different. I can see Swift being used but perhaps less than we would like and saw the past several weeks pre-injury.

Lions RB snaps after Swift went down on Thanksgiving

Jamaal Williams – 74%
Jermar Jefferson – 16%
Godwin Igwebuike – 13%

Think he got all but 2 touches

DC said in his daily presser today they would lean heavily on Jamaal is Swift can’t go 

Suspect he makes a last week appearance to get his 1000 yards. I really really need him but I was already thinking they wrap him up.

One of their lone bright spots this year.

Lions RB snaps after Swift went down on Thanksgiving

Jamaal Williams – 74%
Jermar Jefferson – 16%
Godwin Igwebuike – 13%

Think he got all but 2 touches

DC said in his daily presser today they would lean heavily on Jamaal is Swift can’t go 
Between Jefferson and igwebuike, who do you think might be worth a speculative add?  Both have looked quick IMHO in limited work…

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports that D'Andre Swift (shoulder) could miss multiple weeks.

Swift is dealing with an injury to his AC joint, and the Lions will reportedly exercise caution with their young star running back. Given that the highlight of the Lions season was a tie with the Mason Rudolph-led Steelers, they have zero incentive to rush Swift back from injury. As frustrating as it is for fantasy managers on the playoff bubble, the Lions would be smart to give Swift all the time he needs to get healthy. Swift looks highly doubtful against the Vikings and his status for Week 14 against the Broncos is very much up in the air. It's possible that Swift doesn't return until Week 15 against the Cardinals or Week 16 against the Falcons.

SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter

Edited:  Sorry @Sam Quentin your post probably already has this info.

Swift looks highly doubtful against the Vikings and his status for Week 14 against the Broncos is very much up in the air. It's possible that Swift doesn't return until Week 15 against the Cardinals or Week 16 against the Falcons.

SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler 
It might be best to shut him down to 2022, but I (and many of you) need him for at least weeks 15-17.

Users who are viewing this thread