What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Boys on Amazon Prime (2 Viewers)

Kinda weak, imo.

Neumann was one of Vought's biggest critics. You mean to tell me they had absolutely no record of her history? They had to have known.

Kinda weak, imo.

Neumann was one of Vought's biggest critics. You mean to tell me they had absolutely no record of her history? They had to have known.
Seeing as how we know nothing about her back story, I disagree. We have no clue about her powers.

Also, Maive, Starlight, and Kimiko can't fly.

Couldn't Stormfront just hover 50 feet in the air and zap the #### out of them instead of flying away?

Seeing as how we know nothing about her back story, I disagree. We have no clue about her powers.
But Voight doesn't? It's obvious now that supes aren't born. Surely they have some record of her somewhere. Even if they didn't, they had the resources and power to dig it up (who was she born to, childhood, schooling, etc etc).

And little boy Ryan....born to a human...is powerful enough to just straight up kill Stormfront?

Meh.
He didn’t kill her and there are none like him. I mean you are OK with a drug giving people super powers, but the son of the strongest super hero in the world can’t have his power? Homelander was able to hurt Stormfront but he turned down his powers to not kill her. She was 100% afraid of him when he got mad, so I’d assume a mad Homelander could kill her. Imagine his son with the same power getting so mad because she’s killing his mom.

But Voight doesn't? It's obvious now that supes aren't born. Surely they have some record of her somewhere. Even if they didn't, they had the resources and power to dig it up (who was she born to, childhood, schooling, etc etc).
Again, we don’t know her background at all. It would have ruined the episode before to have her secret shown before the finale. I’m one of the biggest complainers about crappy story lines like TWD and others, but I see nothing here since we don’t know anything.

She’s clearly upset at Vought and the church so I’d think something bad happened (like accidentally killing her parents - just a guess) and she changed her identity and made it her mission to get back at them. Let’s see what happens.

I'm not really in the mood to come in here and piss on the show, mostly because I think its great entertainment, but I think its been clear since early in Season 1 that the writers are comfortable with whatever improbable plot device they think is needed to move things along.  Its a great action show, but the characters and plot lines have never made any logical sense. One of the most recent examples I recall is with the Vogelbaum character.  He raised Homelander and knows everything about Vought.  Butcher needs a hail mary, so he freely strolls onto Voglebaum's estate, invites himself in and sits down, then this happens:

Butcher: I need help to destroy Vought.

Voglebaum: No way.

Butcher: I will kill your entire family.

Voglebaum: OK

I'm not really in the mood to come in here and piss on the show, mostly because I think its great entertainment, but I think its been clear since early in Season 1 that the writers are comfortable with whatever improbable plot device they think is needed to move things along.  Its a great action show, but the characters and plot lines have never made any logical sense. One of the most recent examples I recall is with the Vogelbaum character.  He raised Homelander and knows everything about Vought.  Butcher needs a hail mary, so he freely strolls onto Voglebaum's estate, invites himself in and sits down, then this happens:

Well not sure where this is going but it was definitely different than the comics.

Agree.

Even the supes ...particularly the women...are one minute unstoppable, the next borderline ineffectual, depending on whatever the writers need to happen in a scene. Kimiko in particular.

But it all still works because the rest of it is well written, acted and produced. Stbugs brought up TWD...that was a show where the budget and then the writers just collectively jumped ship, leaving it basically unwatchable for me. This feels a long ways away from that, even if there are other moments I could bring up.

Agree.

Even the supes ...particularly the women...are one minute unstoppable, the next borderline ineffectual, depending on whatever the writers need to happen in a scene. Kimiko in particular.

But it all still works because the rest of it is well written, acted and produced. Stbugs brought up TWD...that was a show where the budget and then the writers just collectively jumped ship, leaving it basically unwatchable for me. This feels a long ways away from that, even if there are other moments I could bring up.
It’s trying to follow the comic :shrug:   

funny fact is that Hughie in the comic is looks wise based on Hughies dad on the show, Simon Pegg. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s trying to follow the comic :shrug:   

funny fact is that Hughie in the comic is looks wise based on Hughies dad on the show, Simon Pegg. 
Down to the micro chorography moments in fights? Didn't know it was following it that closely. And tbh, i don't care if it's made up or following a comic...I just want it to make sense. But for me, none of this has gotten in the way of my enjoying the show a lot, and I hope it won't in future seasons. 

Do we know they don't? She could be a double-agent plant by Vought so they could get someone in the government. 

She also could be the product of a jilted former Vought scientist or employee that used Compound V off-book on their own so they could raise someone to take them down (and knew how to conceal her from them.) 

Kinda weak, imo.

Do we know they don't? She could be a double-agent plant by Vought so they could get someone in the government. 

She also could be the product of a jilted former Vought scientist or employee that used Compound V off-book on their own so they could raise someone to take them down (and knew how to conceal her from them.) 
I just assumed Neumann was working for Vought, at the finale. Hadn't even considered she could be rogue. The way she lit up the courtroom and pulled Vought's fat out of the fire and then took down Fresca guy- seemed pretty clear she was protecting Vought's interests.

Kinda weak, imo.

She's a Vought plant. She is the reason V was going to be released. She's been in bed with them the entire time.

And little boy Ryan....born to a human...is powerful enough to just straight up kill Stormfront?

Meh.
They alluded mulitple times that he was the most powerful supe yet because he got his powers "naturally". And she's not dead.

Also, Maive, Starlight, and Kimiko can't fly.

Couldn't Stormfront just hover 50 feet in the air and zap the #### out of them instead of flying away?
Stormfront uses her lighting to fly.

I just assumed Neumann was working for Vought, at the finale. Hadn't even considered she could be rogue. The way she lit up the courtroom and pulled Vought's fat out of the fire and then took down Fresca guy- seemed pretty clear she was protecting Vought's interests.
Another angle as well. Don’t know for sure because we don’t know her back story but definitely not a hole right now because there are multiple explanations that work. I’m sure we’ll find out now that Huey is there.

What seems to be casting doubt on the premise that she's working solely for Vought is the fact that Shockwave was killed as well, which helped the Church because that gave A-Train his spot back. If, however, Shockwave was collateral damage instead of an intended victim, then it was just an unexpected opportunity that the Church tried to capitalize on. 

Charlie Steiner said:
What seems to be casting doubt on the premise that she's working solely for Vought is the fact that Shockwave was killed as well, which helped the Church because that gave A-Train his spot back. If, however, Shockwave was collateral damage instead of an intended victim, then it was just an unexpected opportunity that the Church tried to capitalize on. 
Seeing as how she killed the head of the church, not sure Shockwave was anything other than collateral damage. A-Train has never been seen with her or cared about that. At this point, we just don't know her intentions and allies/enemies.

It might have also been to give Vought some cover.  If only people critical to Vought got popped then it makes it pretty obvious that Vought was behind it.
Absolutely. She may be allied with Edgar for all we know. I don’t think she was really prominent until after compound V came out, right? I think we can cross of the church and Stormfront as allies but really everything else is open.

It might have also been to give Vought some cover.  If only people critical to Vought got popped then it makes it pretty obvious that Vought was behind it.
:goodposting: Since we know she was the killer the only logical entity she helped was Vought. It drove the President to push through getting V for first responders and the military. If she worked for the Church, which I thought initially did it, she wouldn't have killed the head of the Church. I have little doubt she's in bed with Edgar and manipulating congress for Vought.

The big question with Neumann is: can she pop Homelander's melon? If so, why didn't she in the courthouse?
Well if she is pro vought then that is why, homelander is the cornerstone of the 7. Speedy Gonzalez can be replaced with another speedy Gonzalez but there is only one homelander until junior grows up.

The big question with Neumann is: can she pop Homelander's melon? If so, why didn't she in the courthouse?
Would have loved to see Homelander worried about this. He's clearly not in the know that Neumann is technically on his side, so I thought it would have been cool for him to show a bit potential fear if he's immune or not. 

Terrific season IMO. 

Would have loved to see Homelander worried about this. He's clearly not in the know that Neumann is technically on his side, so I thought it would have been cool for him to show a bit potential fear if he's immune or not. 

Terrific season IMO. 
While this has been mentioned above, there’s no way we can make this assumption yet. It’s a definite possibility but it’s not a known fact.

I was cool with this originally because it felt like the first season was just straight-up dark satire.  It didn't really matter if the plot was a little goofy at times because that wasn't the point.  Season two started off the same way, but it lost a lot of the satirical edge and got kind of heavy-handed over the last few episodes, and the more story-driven it becomes the harder it is to buy whatever improvisation they're coming up with it in the moment.

Except maybe Ryan? I don't remember if they gave him the serum.

Yep

Yep

Absolutely. She may be allied with Edgar for all we know. I don’t think she was really prominent until after compound V came out, right? I think we can cross of the church and Stormfront as allies but really everything else is open.
Yep

Well if she is pro vought then that is why, homelander is the cornerstone of the 7. Speedy Gonzalez can be replaced with another speedy Gonzalez but there is only one homelander until junior grows up.
Honestly, I'm surprised at any other theory. I thought this was obvious. But maybe it's so obvious that it's intentionally misleading.

Finally had time to get to season 2.  

3 episodes in.  The only character I still really just have no interest in is Deep, but other than that, this is a really fun show.  Bloody as all get out though.  Like they are trying to impress Tarantino or something.

Finally had time to get to season 2.  

3 episodes in.  The only character I still really just have no interest in is Deep, but other than that, this is a really fun show.  Bloody as all get out though.  Like they are trying to impress Tarantino or something.
Man I absolutely loved The Deep this season, might be my favorite character now.

Man I absolutely loved The Deep this season, might be my favorite character now.
Not sure I’d go that far, but he was redeemable this year. His interaction with the church guy before the you know what was great. He really got worked over by the church.

Not sure I’d go that far, but he was redeemable this year. His interaction with the church guy before the you know what was great. He really got worked over by the church.
I'd say he worked them over based on their last interaction.

He did everything they wanted and made them think he was onboard. Once he didn't get back in he turned it all off and gave them a big #### you.

I thought they kind of glossed over him toward the end of the finale, but I guess that's par for the course with him.

The scene where they learn that A-Train leaked the information about Stormfront seemed off to me, in how Deep and A-Train acted toward each other.  Deep goes from saying 'I didn't know anything, f*** this guy' to immediately hi-fiving A-Train, and A-Train not even reacting to Deep's comment before learning he was back in The Seven.  Maybe it happened too fast, but I would expect A-Train to return the favor somewhat to Deep for the f*** this guy comment.[\spoiler]

I thought they kind of glossed over him toward the end of the finale, but I guess that's par for the course with him.

The scene where they learn that A-Train leaked the information about Stormfront seemed off to me, in how Deep and A-Train acted toward each other.  Deep goes from saying 'I didn't know anything, f*** this guy' to immediately hi-fiving A-Train, and A-Train not even reacting to Deep's comment before learning he was back in The Seven.  Maybe it happened too fast, but I would expect A-Train to return the favor somewhat to Deep for the f*** this guy comment.[\spoiler]

I think A-Train had already figured out exactly what would happen if he leaked it, so he didn't give a crap what Deep said or thought

I think A-Train had already figured out exactly what would happen if he leaked it, so he didn't give a crap what Deep said or thought

That makes sense, but at the same time, with A-Train's ego and pride already well-established, I would still think he wouldn't have let Deep's comment slide, and since A-Train was back in The Seven and Deep wasn't, he could tell him how he really felt without worrying about repercussions.[\spoiler]

I'd say he worked them over based on their last interaction.

He did everything they wanted and made them think he was onboard. Once he didn't get back in he turned it all off and gave them a big #### you.
I thought they were still making fun of him by him saying that he gave them all his money for all the levels (clearly mocking Scientology) before he said F off. While he did say that, they didn’t care. They had his money, got A-Train in (any supe was good enough) and he walked away with nothing. The Deep definitely got worked over whether he left or not.

I thought they were still making fun of him by him saying that he gave them all his money for all the levels (clearly mocking Scientology) before he said F off. While he did say that, they didn’t care. They had his money, got A-Train in (any supe was good enough) and he walked away with nothing. The Deep definitely got worked over whether he left or not.

That's the point, he didn't get worked over. That whole scene showed he knew exactly what he was doing. To him it was worth all of it to get back in. The church thought they had another Eagle on their hands, but the Deep knew what was going on and was fine doing whatever it took to get back.

That's the point, he didn't get worked over. That whole scene showed he knew exactly what he was doing. To him it was worth all of it to get back in. The church thought they had another Eagle on their hands, but the Deep knew what was going on and was fine doing whatever it took to get back.
We’ll just disagree. I’ll still say that the entity with all the money, who still got what they wanted, did the working over and the entity who walked away poor without what they wanted got worked over.

Let’s be honest and say the head of the church knew he was faking because he’s not a good person. I guess in the end he didn’t really get a head either.

Just finished season 2 and I'm starving for more.

As already mentioned... 

#### Fresca and Remember what I told you 

Killer show 

Just watched for the first time. Really good show. My main criticism is that it can be eyerollingly on the nose too often. I mean, Homelander? Stormfront? Not really any mystery at where either of those story lines went. It would have been refreshing to see them go to a well other than the Nazis, but, that's comic book hero stories for you I guess.

I'm hoping for another level/twist with Stormfront (I don't think she's proper dead) - as @Charlie Steiner mentions, she's a pretty semitic looking person, maybe some self loathing or some other kind of manipulative backstory with her yet to be revealed.

Whoever wrote this stuff really hates Aquaman.

I watched S1, loved it.  For some reason just didn't watch S2.  Don't ask me why.  LOL

Binging S2 now so I can watch S3, which looks badass from previews.  Will return to this thread once I'm caught up!

Looking forward to seeing the new season and especially Jensen Ackles, always was a sucker for Supernatural. I’m sure it will be a pretty twisted take on Captain America.

Users who are viewing this thread