What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***2020 Democrat Primary/Caucus Thread*** Biden Is Your Demoractic Nominee (2 Viewers)

i think now is the time to remember that this is all about narrative and donors and support and momentum and very little else. Delegates, schmeligates.

LOL...moron was on hold for an hour trying to report results and was being interviewed by CNN.  When the hold was over and they were saying hello, he continued to jabber with CNN for 30 seconds and they hung up on him.

"I am the caucus secretary for Story County Precinct 1-1. I've been on hold for over an hour to report the results. We have 6 delegates First Alignment

@BernieSanders - 111

@ewarren - 82

@PeteButtigieg - 47

Delegates

Sanders - 2 Warren - 2 Buttigieg 2
How can you look at this and decide anything but 3-2-1? This is a joke.

Hard to believe the Democrats extending the caucus 3 times longer than it should be wasn’t the dumbest thing of the night.

They have a second vote after the first.  Anyone who was with a candidate under 15% can move to another candidate.
Reported that in one caucus, everyone with a candidate under 15% combined to give their vote to Booker instead of any other existing candidate.

Des Moines Precinct 80: Bernie’s group had 101 people Pete’s group had 66 people Bernie & Pete end up tied at 4 delegates following a coin toss.

My god this is better than I'd dreamed.

Kornacki just made a great point- if this takes much longer nearly the entire value of this caucus is lost. It’s that prime time speech that gives the winner momentum. 

Phil Elliott said:
Reported that in one caucus, everyone with a candidate under 15% combined to give their vote to Booker instead of any other existing candidate.
yeah...gives them ability to switch later at the convention.  Imagine if this ends up 50-50 at the convention and this delegate is the deciding one.

Biff84 said:
How can you look at this and decide anything but 3-2-1? This is a joke.
Was it a place where it doesn't matter how many as long as you meet the first threshold you split the delegates even?

Phil Elliott said:
They are reporting three different results for each caucus this year.
Right, which is an absurd waste of time. There’s no reason to herd people around a room 3 different times. It’s dumb and confusing enough once.

Right, which is an absurd waste of time. There’s no reason to herd people around a room 3 different times. It’s dumb and confusing enough once.
It's like when they bring out a pan of steaks and a tray of deserts at the same time at Golden Corral. Pandemonium.

Smart move on Klobuchar's part, she's getting more uninterrupted air time on the networks by doing this than she ever would have by waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread