What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Miami Dolphins: Draft Time (6 Viewers)

No loss by Steelers. Bills won't be resting their guys. This is gonna be an ###-whipping of epic proportions against Miami. I'm not trolling, I'm just giving an opinion as a football fan. I'd have the spread if Tua starts at Dolphins +7.5. 
Yeah, I just came in to add that week 17 is going to be pretty meaningful for Buffalo so I seriously doubt that they'll rest anybody.  Bills will be favored, but Miami is no slouch.  Should be a good game.  

I warms my heart a bit to see this rivalry come back to life.

Yeah, I just came in to add that week 17 is going to be pretty meaningful for Buffalo so I seriously doubt that they'll rest anybody.  Bills will be favored, but Miami is no slouch.  Should be a good game.  

I warms my heart a bit to see this rivalry come back to life.
Flores better have quick hook. With a quicker hook, Miami might've beaten the Broncos. The Bills and Allen are peaking. A great performance by Allen and a poor one by Tua might convince Flores that Miami needs a better QB to compete in the AFC East with the likes of Allen and Lawrence Fields.

Flores better have quick hook. With a quicker hook, Miami might've beaten the Broncos. The Bills and Allen are peaking. A great performance by Allen and a poor one by Tua might convince Flores that Miami needs a better QB to compete in the AFC East with the likes of Allen and Lawrence Fields.
I see what you did there

No loss by Steelers. Bills won't be resting their guys. This is gonna be an ###-whipping of epic proportions against Miami. I'm not trolling, I'm just giving an opinion as a football fan. I'd have the spread if Tua starts at Dolphins +7.5. 
I do not think this is true.  Miami always plays the Bills close.  They'll be playing for the playoffs, and the Bills will be playing for seeding but also not trying to get their players hurt.  I expect a close game that will be decided in the 4th quarter.

You do know Miami and Buffalo played earlier this season, right?

I stand corrected, Miami is now holding the No 3 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft...if Flores continues in the New England ways I fully expect Miami to become a major trade down partner.  It's not often a really good team gets a high pick and Atlanta coming off a 13-3 record in 2010, entered the 2011 Draft and I think they moved up and then would select Julio Jones. 

I am not going to pretend to know the 2021 Draft class, especially with the way college football has been handled this year. Miami perhaps holding a Top 5 pick is starting to look awful nice. Add the 2nd and I think Miami has 3 picks in the first 35 right now for a team that already is looking strong on defense. 

Miami will have roughly $45-$50M to spend in the off season or under the cap, will be interesting to see how they spend their money prior to the Draft. 

I stand corrected, Miami is now holding the No 3 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft...if Flores continues in the New England ways I fully expect Miami to become a major trade down partner.
Yeah, I think trading down to a QB hungry team may be a no brainer unless Flores loves Parsons

ETA: A lot of people are so into the Tua hate I see them mentioning even taking another QB with it. I think that would be silly, but getting more future picks in a trade could help moves for QBs in future drafts if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I think trading down to a QB hungry team may be a no brainer unless Flores loves Parsons

ETA: A lot of people are so into the Tua hate I see them mentioning even taking another QB with it. I think that would be silly, but getting more future picks in a trade could help moves for QBs in future drafts if needed.
I don't trust the Dolphin brain trust on QB evaluation. They used a 2nd on Rosen on whom they had a bunch of NFL film performing badly, and a #5 overall on Tua, who was over-rated and the beneficiary of top play at WR, bypassing Herbert. And they brought in Fitzpatrick because they thought he couldn't win any games. 

=Smackdown= said:
That’s Sewell territory. Would love to add him to this line at RT for the next decade.
I don't really see Miami going Tackle in the Top 5, the media likes to pretend they know it all and have it figured out but they are wrong a lot of the time. I see Miami trading down or back and loading up with top prospects all over the roster to make them even deeper along the lines, front 7, back end of the Secondary. They are spending top dollar on most of their DBs, that won't last forever so I can see them drafting more DBs and perhaps parting ways with Jones once they absorb more of the cap hit or signing bonus. Somebody might really want him besides us. 

3 of the Top 40 we can say safely right now, that could become another 7-8 good looking Rookies in 2021, we're starting 5-6 weekly on Offense already, this coaching staff deserves a gold medal for their work. I stand tall with Flores and his decisions.

I believe Fitz can be turned loose from the bench any time and they will continue to push Tua to start and get experience. Look what happened to Baker yesterday in Year 3 vs the Jets, Tua didn't have much more to work with and he doesn't have a Chubb/Hunt combo behind him either.   

I don't really see Miami going Tackle in the Top 5, the media likes to pretend they know it all and have it figured out but they are wrong a lot of the time. I see Miami trading down or back and loading up with top prospects all over the roster to make them even deeper along the lines, front 7, back end of the Secondary. They are spending top dollar on most of their DBs, that won't last forever so I can see them drafting more DBs and perhaps parting ways with Jones once they absorb more of the cap hit or signing bonus. Somebody might really want him besides us. 

3 of the Top 40 we can say safely right now, that could become another 7-8 good looking Rookies in 2021, we're starting 5-6 weekly on Offense already, this coaching staff deserves a gold medal for their work. I stand tall with Flores and his decisions.

I believe Fitz can be turned loose from the bench any time and they will continue to push Tua to start and get experience. Look what happened to Baker yesterday in Year 3 vs the Jets, Tua didn't have much more to work with and he doesn't have a Chubb/Hunt combo behind him either.   
They finally found their HC

Fighting for a playoff spot as Tua learns the ropes.

If TENN (who needs the game) beats TEX next week they are assured the #3 overall pick. IMO Karras & Flowers are not the answer. Imagine adding Sewell & Humphries to this Oline?

Use the rest of the draft to fill those much needed skill positions and give Tua some weapons. WR class is deep and the Dolphins have a ton of picks and cap space to bring in a FA WR.

I haven’t been this excited as a Dolphin fan in a really long time. The future is bright.

They finally found their HC

Fighting for a playoff spot as Tua learns the ropes.

If TENN (who needs the game) beats TEX next week they are assured the #3 overall pick. IMO Karras & Flowers are not the answer. Imagine adding Sewell & Humphries to this Oline?

Use the rest of the draft to fill those much needed skill positions and give Tua some weapons. WR class is deep and the Dolphins have a ton of picks and cap space to bring in a FA WR.

I haven’t been this excited as a Dolphin fan in a really long time. The future is bright.
I had not thought about it the way you are. I think both LT and RT barring injury are set with Jackson and Hunt, they might not elevate past middle of the pack but I don't see them investing more draft picks right now in these spots. RG seemed well played by Kindley most of the season. Floers by most accounts was having a solid season, I know $10M a year is kind of high but there are 12 Guards in the NFL making more than him...I'm going to support you wanting to find cheaper parts for the long haul and here is why...

OG Salary in NFL and you notice the 1st 8- on the list, none of those teams made the Playoffs this year. Just something to think about but it seems like money would be better spent in the modern NFL on DBs, hybrid LBs that can sack and drop back in coverage, most sacks come from the Tackle spots or the OLB on blitzes, etc...and we need a Center because the one we have, Karras is due for free agency and I think we can do better. 

Looks like we're gonna need some help to get in. 

There is absolutely no way Dolphins are beating the Bills in Buffalo if Buffalo is trying.

Only route into playoffs is if someone else loses or Bills decide to rest a lot of people. 

Thank you NFL for flexing the stupid Eagles/Redskins game and not Steelers/Browns. We need Pittsburgh to be playing for something (#2 seed) and a reason to go all out vs the Browns. I can't see Indy or Baltimore losing games against the Jags or Bengals so our fallback plan if we lose to the Bills is the Steelers beating Cleveland.  I was worried they would flex that game and if Buffalo had already beaten us Pittsburgh would have nothing to play for.

It’ll be nice if the Bills rested people but honestly it’s a division game and I’ve never taken them for granted win or lose. 

SON of a #####!!!

Seriously? The biggest game in for the Phins in like 25 years I swear to gawd and we have to see Fitz be declared OUT?! Is this some sort of Tua Curse? I don't know why he is out but it must be Covid related or something I can't understand but it almost feels like Tua is being forced into starting this football game. 

Big loss in the locker room and sidelines, sick to my stomach and no chance for him to put on the Superman cape, bloody ####### hell in a handbasket. 

Awful news.  Fitz is the kind of guy who it's just impossible to root against.  I hope Miami makes into the playoffs and Fitz is able to play (just not against Buffalo).
Good game, thanks for kicking our ###, we're picking 3rd right now, maybe we can move up two spots thru a miracle and get that Clemson Norsemen. 

Josh Allen is going to light the Miami Defense up in a way they haven't seen since Murray danced all over them and by some miracle we won that game but a mobile guy like Allen is going to shred us. Please don't hurt Tua if you can avoid it but it's a man's game so he's gotta learn if he's built for it or not. We have virtually no vertical threat to beat you, stack the box and stop Myles Gaskin, that's your only wildcard in this game, you shut him down and you send us home. 

Cheers from Palm Beach

Good game, thanks for kicking our ###, we're picking 3rd right now, maybe we can move up two spots thru a miracle and get that Clemson Norsemen. 

Josh Allen is going to light the Miami Defense up in a way they haven't seen since Murray danced all over them and by some miracle we won that game but a mobile guy like Allen is going to shred us. Please don't hurt Tua if you can avoid it but it's a man's game so he's gotta learn if he's built for it or not. We have virtually no vertical threat to beat you, stack the box and stop Myles Gaskin, that's your only wildcard in this game, you shut him down and you send us home. 

Cheers from Palm Beach
All signs point to the Bills pulling their starters early.  I'd be pretty surprised if Allen plays more than a few series.

That is tough to see this team miss the playoffs (barring a miracle comeback by the Jags), but Flores has this team on the upswing and the immediate future looks bright. 

I'MMA LET YOU FINISH, BROTHER ROCK ACTION.

If you asked me I’d never of guessed we’d have been on the door step of the playoffs in Year 2. 

bitter pill atm but I was impressed by Flores this year. Let’s hope they get some weapons in FA and in the draft. 

If you asked me I’d never of guessed we’d have been on the door step of the playoffs in Year 2. 

bitter pill atm but I was impressed by Flores this year. Let’s hope they get some weapons in FA and in the draft. 
10 wins and a 7th playoff team but still don't make it. That is a bit unlucky.

It's disappointing how quickly people seem to be turning on Tua. Particularly given the sheer number of rookies and practice squad level talent out there at times. I expect we will see WR and RB addressed this offseason. Smith, Chase, and Waddell all look like strong options in the draft.

Crummy day for the Phins but Tannehill and AJ Brown and a FG kick off the upright bouncing in has likely ensured Miami will get the No 3 pick and also the No 35 pick now.  Also a pretty good 10-6 team has their own No 18 pick so now we are talking 3 in the Top 35 and 4 in the Top 50-55 basically, that's incredible. 

Going to be a lot of noise from FF types who don't really care about Miami other than a stat box and how it impacts their team. That comes with the site but Miami fans have not had an off season coming like the one we are about to embark on, in a long long time. 

Not sure Miami could have made much noise any ways, probably 1 and done and it would have been as ugly as the 56-26 thrashing or whatever the score was today, it was a terrible day for Miami on both offense and defense, they looked like they had their spirit broke and could never mount any offense when the game truly mattered. 

TANNY!!!! 

#3 and get to face a QB (in a long list of successful Ohio State NFL QBs) 2x year for the next 5 years (if makes it through his rookie deal)  Good luck reading coverages, kid.

Good day for Phins fans.

Looks like we're gonna need some help to get in. 

There is absolutely no way Dolphins are beating the Bills in Buffalo if Buffalo is trying.

Only route into playoffs is if someone else loses or Bills decide to rest a lot of people. 
Well it's not like this was a surprise.  I don't feel that bad, though.  I'd have Mia as a dog on a neutral field to any of the other playoff teams.  Cleveland is the only one that is even close. 

We're going to need Tua to make a huge leap next year, or this team has no hope.  It's not good enough for a game-manager type QB to get the job done. The QB needs to bring a lot to table if the goal is substantial post-season success.

Well not the finish we all hoped for but damn it was actually fun being a Dolphins fan again and had you told me 10-6, in the playoffs going into the last weekend and Tua got a serious run at QB before the season started I would have been thrilled. 

A few stats we need to keep in mind: 12 games, 52.8 completion percentage, 18 TD's (10 pass, 8 rush), 12 Interceptions, 67.9 QB rating.  Those are the rookie stats of Josh Allen in 2018 who torched us yesterday and has been probably the number 3 QB all season behind Mahomes and Rodgers. 34 TD, 9 Ints and a 106.4 rating this year. Tua did some things well and others not as much but he was a rookie QB who had no training camp and was coming off a major injury. Yet in 10 games, 64.1 completion percentage, 14 TD's (11 pass, 3 rush), 5 Interceptions, 87.1 QB rating. I would say our weapons given injuries were in the same league as what the Bills had in 2018.

We need more weapons on offense and we have the draft picks to do that while still being able to keep the defense fresh. Oh and we have $32 million in projected cap space available next year. If I have one worry it is Chan Gailey, I felt he was too conservative with Tua at times not giving him a chance to spread his wings and learn by going down field. Maybe that was because they were in a playoff race or was it because he didn't trust Tua? I didn't really care for him his first go round in Miami and I've seen nothing this year that shows me he is up to the level of our head coach. Not saying I would 100% make a change but I might be kicking the tires to see who was available.

@SwampDawg

👍.

Love the thread title, I was going to launch a new one but I'm glad you just changed this over so we can keep track of what Miami is doing from 1 year to the next under Flores. 

Well not the finish we all hoped for but damn it was actually fun being a Dolphins fan again and had you told me 10-6, in the playoffs going into the last weekend and Tua got a serious run at QB before the season started I would have been thrilled. 

A few stats we need to keep in mind: 12 games, 52.8 completion percentage, 18 TD's (10 pass, 8 rush), 12 Interceptions, 67.9 QB rating.  Those are the rookie stats of Josh Allen in 2018 who torched us yesterday and has been probably the number 3 QB all season behind Mahomes and Rodgers. 34 TD, 9 Ints and a 106.4 rating this year. Tua did some things well and others not as much but he was a rookie QB who had no training camp and was coming off a major injury. Yet in 10 games, 64.1 completion percentage, 14 TD's (11 pass, 3 rush), 5 Interceptions, 87.1 QB rating. I would say our weapons given injuries were in the same league as what the Bills had in 2018.

We need more weapons on offense and we have the draft picks to do that while still being able to keep the defense fresh. Oh and we have $32 million in projected cap space available next year. If I have one worry it is Chan Gailey, I felt he was too conservative with Tua at times not giving him a chance to spread his wings and learn by going down field. Maybe that was because they were in a playoff race or was it because he didn't trust Tua? I didn't really care for him his first go round in Miami and I've seen nothing this year that shows me he is up to the level of our head coach. Not saying I would 100% make a change but I might be kicking the tires to see who was available.
Oh we got a lot more money than that to spend...Albert Wilson and his ridiculous salary per season is going to evaporate from the books...I plan on doing a whole separate "Rookie QB" playbook that I hope many of you will chime in on. It will revolve around Tua as the model amongst others from the '18, '19, '20 classes at QB. 

I hear you on Josh Allen but I simply don't see the arm yet for Tua, looked like he was almost shot putting them on 5 yd stick routes, that is bothersome for me. If he was 52% completion but was launching them down the field...65% or whatever he was sporting coming into Buffalo...he is riding a pretty good Miami Defense, the best Miami has had in a very long time, like Madison/Surtain/Taylor/Thomas...not quite but it's getting close. 

They can't all be good and we know Burrow and Herbert really showcased themselves this season and look like Home Runs, Tua was selected between those 2 QBs. It's just an observation of MoP, doesn't make it true but it's my POV that Tua is not the solution and I wasn't thrilled when they took him at No 5 and I was critical in season and I think I have been fairly unbiased in my criticisms. I acknowledge that Tua does not have the best support staff on Offense, they started 5-6 rookies including Tua on offense every week...the Defense did the same in 2019 and look how they responded in 2020...can the Offense follow the same arc?

Great post.

I was piled on about wanting Justin Herbert. I loved him as a QB prospect and he exceeded my expectations as a rookie.

However.....we can't change what has been done. And Tua is a viable NFL starter IMO. He does a lot of great things.

1. Accurate passer

2. Great pocket precence

3. High IQ

4. Natural leader

He lost 12 months to a fractured hip, the injury, the rehab, no playing time, no mini camp, no QB camp, no pre-season. Come on people. 

And Josh Allen looked like a bust for 2 seasons (and I was a big fan of his as well). Year three he get's

2 sound RB's

1 elite WR in DIggs

1 Speedster in Brown

1 slot expert in Beasley

A stout OL.

And this is the result.

We are on the right path. I love where the team is heading. Flores is Coach of the Year. He won 10 games. 10!!!! With an offense void of real big time weapons.

I say this:

Gesicki is on the verge of elite pass catching TE. He is more of a big WR than a TE. 

Devante.....most know my feelings on him. He simply can't stay healthy. He is an 8MM cap casualty if we want to cut him. I say give him one more year in 2021.

Preston Williams has a lot to prove in 2021. He get’s one more season.

Draft a stud WR. If Sewal is there at 3 you can’t pass on a generational tackle like that. We need a big time RT to protect Tua’s blind side and carve out running lanes for the future stud back we draft this year.

Draft priorities:

WR

RB

Tackle

Free agency priorities:

Elite pass rushing LB or End

WR

We are getting very close. And I think this coaching staff is fully behind Tua and hanging their careers on him. I think Tua makes a big jump in 2021 with a full NFL off-season and getting real weapons around him.

Do I think he is an elite type of QB? No. But he can be very good. And if you have very good with a top defense and running game you can win titles.

If Dolphins grade one of the 4 QBs as franchise guys, do they take one in the first? 
You have to. 

If you feel Tua is not your guy.....you absolutely do it. Arizona did it with Kyler Murray. We should too if that is how they look at the big picture. 

Shefter saying Chan is gone.  https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30651302/miami-dolphins-part-ways-oc-chan-gailey-source-says

If this comes to pass I'll be happy if they get an OC and weapons that play to his strengths ...  ala Brees
3rd OC in 2 years? They fired some guys right before 2019 last year, maybe that was the OL Coach but Flores seems willing to change year to year, would like to see Tua find an OC for Year 2 and Year 3 that will be here no matter what...

whelp.  ESPN got baited by a fake account.  

the link now says an error was made.

Users who are viewing this thread