What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the commercial easy:

The economy is in shambles.  Your neighbors are dying.  Millions are out of work.  Savings are empty.  Financial gains since 2008 are gone.

One man helped the recovery that began in 2008.  The other has helped to destroy it.  

Do you really trust these people (picture of Donald, Ivanka and Jared) with your family's future?  (Montage of Trump insanity/bachelor ratings/Great success story this pandemic has been/inject disinfectant/kids should go back to school)

Had a couple of guys tell me today that if the government hadn’t done anything, the DOW would be 32K.  I’m not even really sure what to say anymore.

Redwes25 said:
There are many food banks across this country that are struggling with having enough food.  An example of an article describing issues at food banks.  Not sure why we shouldn't have a national approach to this issue at this time.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/28/coronavirus-food-banks-are-closing-and-losing-their-workforce.html?__source=sharebar|email&par=sharebar
That article focuses mostly on lack of volunteers and says nothing about needing fresh produce. 

Tilling cabbage and lettuce and other low calorie foods has almost no effect on feeding the hungry. Paying to have it transported from FL to Illinois would be a monumental waste of money. 

Almost all of the crop destruction is happening in FL right now, for obvious reasons. Iowa doesnt have any corn yet. WI doesnt have any soybeans yet, because there isn't winter corn or winter soybeans.

The two hardest hit crops that are getting plowed under the most are lettuce and cabbage. These foods have almost zero nutritional value. Green beans and zucchini are getting hit hard too. Not as calorie worthless as the others, but still insignificant. Beans will probably get figured out. Ever bought a can of zuchhini? Didn't think so.

Tomatoes can be canned and also have other uses and have more calories, but as I mentioned early on in this chain something will be worked out there. The USDA has already upped their purchasing of them. 

So national program, non national program, I don't care. What I don't want are my tax dollars going to pay for fresh produce that doesnt keep people from going hungry to be shipped all over the country from FL.

This isnt a controversial stance. It is only viewed as such because people havent looked into what is actually happening and are being emotional because the optics of food banks needing food and food getting plowed into the ground seem bad without knowing any details. 

That article focuses mostly on lack of volunteers and says nothing about needing fresh produce. 

Tilling cabbage and lettuce and other low calorie foods has almost no effect on feeding the hungry. Paying to have it transported from FL to Illinois would be a monumental waste of money. 

Almost all of the crop destruction is happening in FL right now, for obvious reasons. Iowa doesnt have any corn yet. WI doesnt have any soybeans yet, because there isn't winter corn or winter soybeans.

The two hardest hit crops that are getting plowed under the most are lettuce and cabbage. These foods have almost zero nutritional value. Green beans and zucchini are getting hit hard too. Not as calorie worthless as the others, but still insignificant. Beans will probably get figured out. Ever bought a can of zuchhini? Didn't think so.

Tomatoes can be canned and also have other uses and have more calories, but as I mentioned early on in this chain something will be worked out there. The USDA has already upped their purchasing of them. 

So national program, non national program, I don't care. What I don't want are my tax dollars going to pay for fresh produce that doesnt keep people from going hungry to be shipped all over the country from FL.

This isnt a controversial stance. It is only viewed as such because people havent looked into what is actually happening and are being emotional because the optics of food banks needing food and food getting plowed into the ground seem bad without knowing any details. 
Ok, not sure you even read article.  Here are some quotes about food supply issues impacting food banks:

"Small food banks in New York City, which has become the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak, have closed down because “they haven’t gotten food to distribute or they don’t have the volunteers to man them,” Shafiroff told CNBC."

"Some food banks are seeing a decrease in the amount of food donated. The Capital Area Food Bank in Washington saw a 75% dip in donated food supply, CEO Radha Muthiah told CNBC. “It was just over the course of a week or so that we started to see these changes,” Muthiah said. “There wasn’t enough time to plan and anticipate this dramatic fall.” 

Additionally, the D.C. food bank is going longer periods of time without receiving food. "

"Food donations are down, which means food banks have to find alternate ways to procure the same stream of supply. They’ve turned to purchasing food themselves using larger portions of their budgets to make it happen. 

The Community Food Bank of New Jersey, the state’s largest, lost about 800,000 pounds of donated food in March and April, CEO Carlos Rodriguez told CNBC. To make up the difference, the New Jersey food bank started buying food, spending an additional $945,000 a month since March. "

Here are also a bunch of other recent articles about food supply issues in case that one didn't suit you.  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/13/business/farmers-food-supply-food-banks-donations-trnd/index.html

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2020/04/28/why-are-farmers-destroying-food-while-grocery-stores-are-empty/

https://www.businessinsider.com/food-destroyed-farms-amid-covid-19-struggling-families-go-hungry-2020-4

This is also not a Florida only issue as you seem convinced - Here is an article about NY state - https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-york-dairy-farmers-feel-the-squeeze-from-coronavirus-as-milk-sales-dry-up-11588183989

The fact our government doesn't have a coordinated response to these food issues is shocking.  We are in a national crisis and seems like all our government can seem to do is hold dysfunctional press conferences.  

Gun carrying protesters are gathering in downtown Raleigh this morning.

I’m not sure of the need to brandish guns to protest against stay at home orders but here we are

Gun carrying protesters are gathering in downtown Raleigh this morning.

I’m not sure of the need to brandish guns to protest against stay at home orders but here we are
All done up in helmets and tactical vests and boots too right?  

All done up in helmets and tactical vests and boots too right?  
I’m watching on the local news (WRAL) I haven’t seen anyone with helmets on but did see vests. The people they showed were carrying long guns in their hands and handguns in holsters on their hip. A couple of them were dressed up in cammo as well.

Wow - if everyone "hates" Whitmer - not sure what that says about the others:

Q: Who do you trust most to handle the coronavirus outbreak: Gov. Whitmer, the Republican-led Michigan Legislature, or President Trump?

53% – Trust @GovWhitmer

24% – Trust President Trump

15% – Trust Republican-led Michigan Legislature

8% – Not sure

https://progressmichigan.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Lake-Effect-Poll-April.pdf

Ok, not sure you even read article.  Here are some quotes about food supply issues impacting food banks:

"Small food banks in New York City, which has become the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak, have closed down because “they haven’t gotten food to distribute or they don’t have the volunteers to man them,” Shafiroff told CNBC."

"Some food banks are seeing a decrease in the amount of food donated. The Capital Area Food Bank in Washington saw a 75% dip in donated food supply, CEO Radha Muthiah told CNBC. “It was just over the course of a week or so that we started to see these changes,” Muthiah said. “There wasn’t enough time to plan and anticipate this dramatic fall.” 

Additionally, the D.C. food bank is going longer periods of time without receiving food. "

"Food donations are down, which means food banks have to find alternate ways to procure the same stream of supply. They’ve turned to purchasing food themselves using larger portions of their budgets to make it happen. 

The Community Food Bank of New Jersey, the state’s largest, lost about 800,000 pounds of donated food in March and April, CEO Carlos Rodriguez told CNBC. To make up the difference, the New Jersey food bank started buying food, spending an additional $945,000 a month since March. "

Here are also a bunch of other recent articles about food supply issues in case that one didn't suit you.  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/13/business/farmers-food-supply-food-banks-donations-trnd/index.html

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2020/04/28/why-are-farmers-destroying-food-while-grocery-stores-are-empty/

https://www.businessinsider.com/food-destroyed-farms-amid-covid-19-struggling-families-go-hungry-2020-4

This is also not a Florida only issue as you seem convinced - Here is an article about NY state - https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-york-dairy-farmers-feel-the-squeeze-from-coronavirus-as-milk-sales-dry-up-11588183989

The fact our government doesn't have a coordinated response to these food issues is shocking.  We are in a national crisis and seems like all our government can seem to do is hold dysfunctional press conferences.  
I am not saying the food banks are a florida issue.

I am saying the crops being disced and plowed into the ground are mostly a florida issue. I am not sure why you are trying to argue this point. Do you know how to grow crops in the snow or something? I know that sounds condescending but clearly i have to ask you that after explaining it already.  

And yes i read your article. My summation was accurate. 

Oh and btw the articles you now posted, what state do they use for the produce being disced? 

The very fist thing in the very first link is a florida farm destroying crops. The cnn article mentions produce being destroyed and it is hyperlinked to an interview of a florida farmer that had to destroy 5 million pounds of.

...wait for it....

Cabbage. 

And one million pounds of....

Green beans. 

I should have mentioned those products more clearly I guess. 

Jesus. 

Isn't the commercial easy:

The economy is in shambles.  Your neighbors are dying.  Millions are out of work.  Savings are empty.  Financial gains since 2008 are gone.

One man helped the recovery that began in 2008.  The other has helped to destroy it.  

Do you really trust these people (picture of Donald, Ivanka and Jared) with your family's future?  (Montage of Trump insanity/bachelor ratings/Great success story this pandemic has been/inject disinfectant/kids should go back to school)
The bolded is wrong and fear mongering. Truthfully unless you live in downstate NY, northern NJ, Detroit, Chicago, New Orleans or a couple of other places, your neighbors are not dying. A few places bore the brunt of this hardcore. 95%+ of counties are doing ok. Using deaths for political gain when the claim is dubious isn't the way to go.

The bolded is wrong and fear mongering. Truthfully unless you live in downstate NY, northern NJ, Detroit, Chicago, New Orleans or a couple of other places, your neighbors are not dying. A few places bore the brunt of this hardcore. 95%+ of counties are doing ok. Using deaths for political gain when the claim is dubious isn't the way to go.
I don't know.  I live in a small town suburb of less than 30K population.  We've already had more than 30 residents die, even with extensive state-mandated "lockdown" and pretty good compliance by the locals.

I am not saying the food banks are a florida issue.

I am saying the crops being disced and plowed into the ground are mostly a florida issue. I am not sure why you are trying to argue this point. Do you know how to grow crops in the snow or something? I know that sounds condescending but clearly i have to ask you that after explaining it already.  

And yes i read your article. My summation was accurate. 

Oh and btw the articles you now posted, what state do they use for the produce being disced? 

The very fist thing in the very first link is a florida farm destroying crops. The cnn article mentions produce being destroyed and it is hyperlinked to an interview of a florida farmer that had to destroy 5 million pounds of.

...wait for it....

Cabbage. 

And one million pounds of....

Green beans. 

I should have mentioned those products more clearly I guess. 

Jesus. 
I know how farming works.  You arevjust clearly ignoring other examples of food being destroyed so you can focus on Florida.  Food is being destroyed all across the country while food banks everywhere are slammed.  You also have some strange idea that vegetables aren't valuable food.  

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-he-has-evidence-coronavirus-came-from-a-chinese-lab-but-he-cant-reveal-it-232946854.html

Classic Trump playbook.  “I know but can’t tell you”.  Next on the hit list “lots of people are saying” and then our all time favorite golden oldie “in 2 weeks”.  

He’s like top 40 radio station, just plays the same songs over and over again.  
This is the kind of thing that would get most kids laughed out of 7th grade.

Little more goalpost moving today:

Trump now says we'll "hopefully" have a final death total below 100,000. (On April 20, he said we'd end between 50,000 and 60,000, then this week mentioned 70,000 and 65,000.)

The White House is blocking Fauci from testifying.

The White House is blocking Anthony S. Fauci from testifying before a House subcommittee investigating the coronavirus outbreak and response, arguing that it would be “counterproductive” for him to appear next week while in the midst of participating in the government’s responses to the pandemic.

The White House issued a statement about Fauci’s testimony shortly after The Washington Post published a story Friday afternoon quoting a spokesman for the House Appropriations Committee, who said the White House was refusing to allow Fauci to appear at a subcommittee hearing next week.

...In fact, Fauci is expected to appear at a Senate hearing related to testing the following week, according to a senior administration official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss internal planning...

...When Trump began holding daily briefings about the pandemic, Fauci was a frequent presence, answering numerous questions and offering medical expertise. As time went on, though, Fauci appeared at fewer and fewer of the briefings. His more cautious approach had often clashed with Trump’s eagerness to reopen states and businesses as quickly as possible.

The House Appropriations subcommittee will instead hear from Thomas Frieden, who led the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention during the Obama administration, said committee spokesman Evan Hollander. The panel could potentially seek to hear from other witnesses as well.

Although the House will not be in session next week, lawmakers decided to schedule an in-person hearing for Wednesday before the House Appropriations subcommittee on labor, health and human services, education and related agencies, chaired by Rep. Rosa L. DeLauro (D-Conn.). Lawmakers who choose to attend can do so despite the House being out of session. ...

Little more goalpost moving today:

Trump now says we'll "hopefully" have a final death total below 100,000. (On April 20, he said we'd end between 50,000 and 60,000, then this week mentioned 70,000 and 65,000.)
At this rate, we'll hit 100k by the middle of the month. I wonder what it's like to have a leader in office.

I know how farming works.  You arevjust clearly ignoring other examples of food being destroyed so you can focus on Florida.  Food is being destroyed all across the country while food banks everywhere are slammed.  You also have some strange idea that vegetables aren't valuable food.  
I am not trying to focus on florida. I am trying to focus on the fact that crops being plowed into the ground isnt a problem for anybody but the farmers that arent able to sell their crops.  

Like not even a tiny one. 

And plenty of vegetables actually arent very valuable when it comes to dealing with food banks in other states.

I mean i remember in school when we had cabbage drives or summerfest gave a discount if we brought in heads of lettuce at the gate, but we are just quirky like that. 

At this rate, we'll hit 100k by the middle of the month. I wonder what it's like to have a leader in office.
wellllllllllllll, it does appear he said "hopefully".
Feb 28: "There have been no deaths in the United States at all. A lot of that is attributable to the fact that we closed the border very early. Otherwise, it could be a different story. So, we'll -- we'll just keep doing a good job."

March 6: "In terms of deaths, I don't know what the count is today. Is it 11? Eleven people? And in terms of cases, it's very, very few. When you look at other countries, it's a very tiny fraction because we've been very strong at the borders."

March 10: "Look, right now, I guess we're at 26 deaths. And if you look at the flu -- the flu, for this year -- we're looking at 8,000 deaths. So you have 8,000 versus 26 deaths at this time."

March 12: "We have 32 deaths at this point. Other countries that are smaller countries have many, many deaths. Thirty-two is a lot. Thirty-two is too many. But when you look at the kind of numbers that you're seeing coming out of other countries, it's pretty amazing when you think of it."

March 12: "If you go back and look at the swine flu and what happened with the swine flu, you'll see how many people died and how actually nothing was done for such a long period of time, as people were dying all over the place. We're doing it the opposite. We're very much ahead of everything."

March 23: "I think we're doing a very good job of it. If you look at other countries, what they've been through, and you look at the kind of numbers and compare them to ours -- which is a much larger country than most -- the numbers are pretty amazing. And it started with the fact that we stopped people from coming in from a highly affected area and infected area."

March 23: "I didn't say [we'd open the country back up in] a week, but I said 'soon'. It's going to be soon. It's not going to be three or four months, as some people were saying and a lot of people thought originally."

March 23: "It's looking like it's heading to 50,000 or more deaths...which is -- that's a lot. And you look at automobile accidents, which are far greater than any numbers we're talking about. That doesn't mean we're going to tell everybody 'No more driving of cars.'"

March 25: "If I didn't do that early call on China...thousands and thousands of people would have died."

March 29: "If we can hold that down, as we're saying, to 100,000 -- that's a horrible number...we all, together, have done a very good job..."

March 29: "On Easter, we probably, well, that could be a peak period. That could be the peak. Sadly to say, that could be the peak number of deaths before it starts coming down..."

March 30: "We picked the end of April, the last day, April 30th, as the day where we can see some real progress and we expect to see that. And then, by a little short of June, maybe June 1st, we think the -- you know, it's a terrible thing to say -- but we think the deaths will be a very low number. It will be brought down to a very low number from right now, from where it's getting to reach its peak."

April 10: "And we did the right thing, because maybe it would have been 2 million people died instead of whatever that final number will be, which could be 60, could be 70, could be 75, could be 55 [thousand]."

April 16: "...between 100,000 and 240,000 deaths with mitigation. It's looking like we will come far under even these lowest numbers..."'

April 19: "It looks like we'll be at about a 60,000 mark, which is 40,000 less than the lowest number thought of..."

Oh, this entire thing is far from over.
I know. It feels a little like being in the eye of a hurricane, but even now, it's not calm and people are acting as though it's already improving. The worst part of the eye is that whatever you went through to get there, is going to happen again as it keeps moving.

I know. It feels a little like being in the eye of a hurricane, but even now, it's not calm and people are acting as though it's already improving. The worst part of the eye is that whatever you went through to get there, is going to happen again as it keeps moving.
That is a pretty good anology.  It is bizarre seeing the scenes in Lansing and Huntington Beach today, as if "freedom" makes you immune to this virus.

That is a pretty good anology.  It is bizarre seeing the scenes in Lansing and Huntington Beach today, as if "freedom" makes you immune to this virus.
It would be nice if it did, but it doesn't, and people are about to get a rude awakening.

Kal El said:
My dad says on occasion: "You can hope in one hand and #### in the other and see which one fills faster."
My grandpa use to say that to me.  My favorite boss also said, “Hope isn’t a plan or strategy”. 

Foxnews.  Msnbc.  Rush/Maddow.

I want everyone to look back into history.  Both sides have always been just as bad and hypocritical.  

Whether the abolitionists movement, women’s suffrage,  WWII,  jim crow, 911.  Like when Nixon was being outed it was 50/50.  Divided country.

If i could only tell the “liberals” at the time to check themselves.  See the other side.  See their point of view.  

It is difficult to play mmqb.  You can’t really tell in the moment.

Heckuva job Brownie

Trump Moves to Replace Watchdog Who Identified Critical Medical Shortages

The president announced the nomination of an inspector general for the Department of Health and Human Services, who, if confirmed, would replace an acting official whose report embarrassed Mr. Trump.

By Peter Baker

May 1, 2020

Christi A. Grimm, the principal deputy inspector general at the Department of Health and Human Services, released a report outlining hospital equipment shortages.

WASHINGTON — President Trump moved on Friday night to replace a top official at the Department of Health and Human Services who angered him with a report last month highlighting supply shortages and testing delays at hospitals during the coronavirus pandemic.

The White House waited until after business hours to announce the nomination of a new inspector general for the department who, if confirmed, would take over for Christi A. Grimm, the principal deputy inspector general who was publicly assailed by the president at a news briefing three weeks ago.

The nomination was the latest effort by Mr. Trump against watchdog offices around his administration that have defied him. In recent weeks, he fired an inspector general involved in the inquiry that led to the president’s impeachment, nominated a White House aide to another key inspector general post overseeing virus relief spending and moved to block still another inspector general from taking over as chairman of a pandemic spending oversight panel.

Mr. Trump has sought to assert more authority over his administration and clear out officials deemed insufficiently loyal in the three months since his Senate impeachment trial on charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress ended in acquittallargely along party lines. While inspectors general are appointed by the president, they are meant to be semiautonomous watchdogs ferreting out waste, fraud and corruption in executive agencies.

The purge has continued unabated even during the coronavirus pandemic that has claimed about 65,000 lives in the United States. Ms. Grimm’s case in effect merged the conflict over Mr. Trump’s response to the outbreak with his determination to sweep out those he perceives to be speaking out against him.

Her report, released last month and based on extensive interviews with hospitals around the country, identified critical shortages of supplies, revealing that hundreds of medical centers were struggling to obtain test kits, protective gear for staff members and ventilators. Mr. Trump was embarrassed by the report at a time he was already under fire for playing down the threat of the virus and not acting quickly enough to ramp up testing and provide equipment to doctors and nurses.

“It’s just wrong,” the president said when asked about the report on April 6. “Did I hear the word ‘inspector general’? Really? It’s wrong. And they’ll talk to you about it. It’s wrong.” He then sought to find out who wrote the report. “Where did he come from, the inspector general? What’s his name? No, what’s his name? What’s his name?”

When the reporter did not know, Mr. Trump insisted. “Well, find me his name,” the president said. “Let me know.” He expressed no interest in the report’s findings except to categorically reject them sight unseen.

After learning that Ms. Grimm had worked during President Barack Obama’s administration, Mr. Trump asserted that the report was politically biased. In fact, Ms. Grimm is not a political appointee but a career official who began working in the inspector general office late in President Bill Clinton’s administration and served under President George W. Bush as well as Mr. Obama. She took over the office in an acting capacity when the previous inspector general stepped down.

Mr. Trump was undaunted and attacked her on Twitter. “Why didn’t the I.G., who spent 8 years with the Obama Administration (Did she Report on the failed H1N1 Swine Flu debacle where 17,000 people died?), want to talk to the Admirals, Generals, V.P. & others in charge, before doing her report,” he wrote, mischaracterizing the government’s generally praised response the 2009 epidemic that actually killed about 12,000 in the United States. “Another Fake Dossier!”

To take over as inspector general, Mr. Trump on Friday night named Jason C. Weida, an assistant United States attorney in Boston. The White House said in its announcement that he had “overseen numerous complex investigations in health care and other sectors.” He must be confirmed by the Senate before assuming the position.

Heckuva job Brownie

Trump Moves to Replace Watchdog Who Identified Critical Medical Shortages

The president announced the nomination of an inspector general for the Department of Health and Human Services, who, if confirmed, would replace an acting official whose report embarrassed Mr. Trump.

By Peter Baker

May 1, 2020

Christi A. Grimm, the principal deputy inspector general at the Department of Health and Human Services, released a report outlining hospital equipment shortages.

WASHINGTON — President Trump moved on Friday night to replace a top official at the Department of Health and Human Services who angered him with a report last month highlighting supply shortages and testing delays at hospitals during the coronavirus pandemic.

The White House waited until after business hours to announce the nomination of a new inspector general for the department who, if confirmed, would take over for Christi A. Grimm, the principal deputy inspector general who was publicly assailed by the president at a news briefing three weeks ago.

The nomination was the latest effort by Mr. Trump against watchdog offices around his administration that have defied him. In recent weeks, he fired an inspector general involved in the inquiry that led to the president’s impeachment, nominated a White House aide to another key inspector general post overseeing virus relief spending and moved to block still another inspector general from taking over as chairman of a pandemic spending oversight panel.

Mr. Trump has sought to assert more authority over his administration and clear out officials deemed insufficiently loyal in the three months since his Senate impeachment trial on charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress ended in acquittallargely along party lines. While inspectors general are appointed by the president, they are meant to be semiautonomous watchdogs ferreting out waste, fraud and corruption in executive agencies.

The purge has continued unabated even during the coronavirus pandemic that has claimed about 65,000 lives in the United States. Ms. Grimm’s case in effect merged the conflict over Mr. Trump’s response to the outbreak with his determination to sweep out those he perceives to be speaking out against him.

Her report, released last month and based on extensive interviews with hospitals around the country, identified critical shortages of supplies, revealing that hundreds of medical centers were struggling to obtain test kits, protective gear for staff members and ventilators. Mr. Trump was embarrassed by the report at a time he was already under fire for playing down the threat of the virus and not acting quickly enough to ramp up testing and provide equipment to doctors and nurses.

“It’s just wrong,” the president said when asked about the report on April 6. “Did I hear the word ‘inspector general’? Really? It’s wrong. And they’ll talk to you about it. It’s wrong.” He then sought to find out who wrote the report. “Where did he come from, the inspector general? What’s his name? No, what’s his name? What’s his name?”

When the reporter did not know, Mr. Trump insisted. “Well, find me his name,” the president said. “Let me know.” He expressed no interest in the report’s findings except to categorically reject them sight unseen.

After learning that Ms. Grimm had worked during President Barack Obama’s administration, Mr. Trump asserted that the report was politically biased. In fact, Ms. Grimm is not a political appointee but a career official who began working in the inspector general office late in President Bill Clinton’s administration and served under President George W. Bush as well as Mr. Obama. She took over the office in an acting capacity when the previous inspector general stepped down.

Mr. Trump was undaunted and attacked her on Twitter. “Why didn’t the I.G., who spent 8 years with the Obama Administration (Did she Report on the failed H1N1 Swine Flu debacle where 17,000 people died?), want to talk to the Admirals, Generals, V.P. & others in charge, before doing her report,” he wrote, mischaracterizing the government’s generally praised response the 2009 epidemic that actually killed about 12,000 in the United States. “Another Fake Dossier!”

To take over as inspector general, Mr. Trump on Friday night named Jason C. Weida, an assistant United States attorney in Boston. The White House said in its announcement that he had “overseen numerous complex investigations in health care and other sectors.” He must be confirmed by the Senate before assuming the position.
He moves so quickly to protect his ego. Wish he cared as much about other people.

President Trump moved on Friday night to replace a top official at the Department of Health and Human Services who angered him with a report last month highlighting supply shortages and testing delays at hospitals during the coronavirus pandemic.

Inspectors General like Christi Grimm are one of the linchpins of ethical oversight and democratic government in this country. This is constant authoritarian behavior from this president. He shoudl have been impeached, he has carte blanche to move and continue moving against our institutions now. 

Russia bills US $660K for aid that included gas masks, household cleaning gloves

Details of cargo raise question about how much of the shipment was useful.

Russia billed the U.S. nearly $660,000 for its medical aid flight last month that included thousands of pieces of equipment not typically used by hospitals, including chemical warfare-style gas masks and household cleaning gloves, according to a government record of the shipment.

The cargo also included 45 ventilators that were not immediately useable because of voltage-related issues, according to two U.S. officials.

General Malaise said:
Enjoyed the memes wondering aloud why the masked, gun toting Trump supporters aren't protesting the closure of libraries and book stores and it's just so funny because it's just so true.
I like the one where someone photoshopped in huge rainbow dildos in place of the guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread