What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't think it is that simple. I am all for vaccinating everyone, but if the US is giving out free vaccines at the border, wouldn't that only encourage a huge influx of migrants to the border?

I still don't think it is that simple. I am all for vaccinating everyone, but if the US is giving out free vaccines at the border, wouldn't that only encourage a huge influx of migrants to the border?
Perhaps, but I doubt it. I’m specifically referring to the reporting that is saying people who show up at the border are either not being offered vaccines before being let in or are refusing vaccines and being let in anyways. Seems reckless and easily remedied. 

The border is complicated - requiring anybody crossing to be vaccinated should be an easy decision.
Yeah, as a citizen who just re-entered the country, I was required to submit proof of vaccination and a negative test.  This should be the floor for non-citizens.  Guy in front of me at check-in had a Mexican passport and it didn't look like he got thru.  Held the window for 30 minutes.  Check-ins are a ##### right now internationally.

If somebody from Mexico wants to enter the US, get vaccinated, get a job, and mind his own business otherwise, he's welcome to take the place of a natural-born anti-vaxx citizen.  I'd rather live next door to the Mexican guy.
Do we at least get a parting gift?

I said I'd listen to a buy out option. 

If somebody from Mexico wants to enter the US, get vaccinated, get a job, and mind his own business otherwise, he's welcome to take the place of a natural-born anti-vaxx citizen.  I'd rather live next door to the Mexican guy.

wow how very patriotic of you ! illegally living in a country you're not a citizens is better for you than your own countrymen who don't want to take a shot

wow - that's probably the lowest thing I've ever read on this forum, truly

-fish- at one point said he'd buy me a gun to get my shot and I agreed

never heard from him though ... I guess that deal fell through

hey, i can be bought, I just need more than a lottery ticket or free donuts 
I saw a guns for shots meme that made me double take.  :kicksrock:

wow how very patriotic of you ! illegally living in a country you're not a citizens is better for you than your own countrymen who don't want to take a shot

wow - that's probably the lowest thing I've ever read on this forum, truly

I think your position is way worse than his. He's looking to the character/actions of the person. You are only judging them on the accident of their birth location - that they were born within some man-made lines on a map.

I think your position is way worse than his. He's looking to the character/actions of the person. You are only judging them on the accident of their birth location - that they were born within some man-made lines on a map.
So the guy who is essentially being replaced from his home is worse in this scenario?  I'm vaxxed but good lord.

Lol. Why? So you can try and revise the quotes and put them in the best light possible?

OOOOOOH!!! I know after that lets go back and put her biden debate quotes in the best light possible too!!
No, honestly it's because I find that often politicians didn't actually say what "the other side" says they said.  Simple as that.  I don't think what Harris said during the debate re: vaccines was problematic in any way, and it absolutely wasn't what the right has claimed she said.

Ivan didn't say he would kick the anti-vaxxer out. He said he'd rather live next to the Mexican guy. You know, if given the choice.

I'm fine with Ivan, and people can feel the way they want to feel.  In fact, I'd make the same statement but instead of the non vaccinated citizens, I'd prefer we ship out the folks sitting at home collecting federally subsidized unemployment instead of taking the $15/hour jobs that people can't hire for.  At least I know the Mexicans crossing the border would be happy to work.  But here is the sentence referenced, and the phrase "to take the place of" is pretty straightforward. 

If somebody from Mexico wants to enter the US, get vaccinated, get a job, and mind his own business otherwise, he's welcome to take the place of a natural-born anti-vaxx citizen.

-fish- at one point said he'd buy me a gun to get my shot and I agreed

never heard from him though ... I guess that deal fell through

hey, i can be bought, I just need more than a lottery ticket or free donuts 
I never saw you agree to that, fwiw.  I saw the offer and a comment from you on the lines of "if I thought you were serious...".   Maybe I missed something though?

It's not cheap or safe for most to get into the country.   Maybe a perk, but I don't think a free covid vax would be high on the priority list for reasons people would come here.  

Like a lot of things, it would have been a no-win situation.  They could have done that from day one, but I am guessing there would have been reactions like "oh, give vaccinations to illegals before your citizens!".  Now they could do it because we are beyond the point where people that want one could get one, but still it would probably be spun as flip flopping because they didn't do that from the start.  

I never saw you agree to that, fwiw.  I saw the offer and a comment from you on the lines of "if I thought you were serious...".   Maybe I missed something though?
for one, it was his entire family that had to get vaccinated and for two he never agreed.  

More and more stories coming out like this.  Truly sad how they don't get it until it's too late.  I'd much rather get the shot and not need it than the other way around.
Keeps happening over and over again.
... and over again :(    

@Ministry of Pain, this one is local to you, I think. It's on your local Fox affiliate:

Vocal anti-vaccine broadcaster dies from COVID-19 complications

Former South Florida talk show host **** Farrel, known and beloved by fans for his over-the-top right-wing opinions, has died from complications from COVID-19 ...

"COVID took one of my best friends! RIP **** Farrel. He is the reason I took the shot. He texted me and told me to 'Get it!' He told me this virus is no joke and he said, "I wish I had gotten it!" said Farrel's close friend Amy Leigh Hair on her Facebook page. She told WPTV, "I was one of one the people like him who didn't trust the vaccine. I trusted my immune system. I just became more afraid of getting COVID-19 than I was of any possible side effects of the vaccine. I'm glad I got vaccinated."

Perhaps, but I doubt it. I’m specifically referring to the reporting that is saying people who show up at the border are either not being offered vaccines before being let in or are refusing vaccines and being let in anyways. Seems reckless and easily remedied. 
What about children for whom the vaccine isn't approve yet?

What about children for whom the vaccine isn't approve yet?
I’ll talk from a personal experience as an owner of a daycare/preschool.  We have had 4 covid positive teachers and or kids in our preschool since March 2020.  It has not spread to anyone and others in the school.  Stats show little kids DONT spread it and have an immune system that minimizes covid.  

I’ll talk from a personal experience as an owner of a daycare/preschool.  We have had 4 covid positive teachers and or kids in our preschool since March 2020.  It has not spread to anyone and others in the school.  Stats show little kids DONT spread it and have an immune system that minimizes covid.  
God I love the anti-vax crowd.  Apparently anecdotes are good enough to establish absolutes but not good enough to refute them.

:oldunsure:

God I love the anti-vax crowd.  Apparently anecdotes are good enough to establish absolutes but not good enough to refute them.

:oldunsure:
God you are dead wrong.  I’m vaccinated and we paid bonuses to all our employees to get vaccinated.  I’m giving you a personal experience and real life statistics support what I’m saying.  But you keep living in your world...

God you are dead wrong.  I’m vaccinated and we paid bonuses to all our employees to get vaccinated.  I’m giving you a personal experience and real life statistics support what I’m saying.  But you keep living in your world...
You drew an absolute conclusion from you anecdotal evidence.  Period

Apparently, the number of GOP State Reps in Texas out with COVID is now up to 10.  They have to quarantine for two weeks preventing the quorum needed to pass voter suppression laws for the time being.

I'm fine with Ivan, and people can feel the way they want to feel.  In fact, I'd make the same statement but instead of the non vaccinated citizens, I'd prefer we ship out the folks sitting at home collecting federally subsidized unemployment instead of taking the $15/hour jobs that people can't hire for.  At least I know the Mexicans crossing the border would be happy to work.  But here is the sentence referenced, and the phrase "to take the place of" is pretty straightforward. 

If somebody from Mexico wants to enter the US, get vaccinated, get a job, and mind his own business otherwise, he's welcome to take the place of a natural-born anti-vaxx citizen.
:goodposting:

no, he's looking at a shot  (not character and actions ) and its not illegal to not get the shot

its one of the worst things I've read to be honest

I'm shocked at how vile and hateful and mean people have become over this shot - its horrible, its awful

no, he's looking at a shot  (not character and actions ) and its not illegal to not get the shot

its one of the worst things I've read to be honest

I'm shocked at how vile and hateful and mean people have become over this shot - its horrible, its awful
Not really.  Anti-shot folks are being criticized for their (in)actions - the shot is free and readily available.  It's not like anti-vaxxers were born with brown skin, on the wrong side of an arbitrary border, want to marry people of their own gender, etc.

Not really.  Anti-shot folks are being criticized for their (in)actions - the shot is free and readily available.  It's not like anti-vaxxers were born with brown skin, on the wrong side of an arbitrary border, want to marry people of their own gender, etc.

illegally here people chose to come, they choose breaking our national laws, endangering their children along the way, bringing who knows how many variants of covid ... they intentionally left their home country behind, their countrymen, threw all their national pride out the window etc ... all that is choice don't say it isn't

judge me based on my decision to not take a non-FDA approved shot but welcome the above instead with open arms

and that's defended on here - just wow, floors me, it really does

but I see the hate everyday, the bullying, the pressure, the discrimination ............ if we could point that towards abortion we could stop hundreds of thousands of babies being killed in the womb every year - what a great thing that'd be huh ?

Yeah, I definitely don't agree with this as I'm not seeing that the defendent will be in a forced non-distancing situation.

This makes me curious - are they requiring that inmates get the vaccine?
I don't think it is ethical to force it on inmates, although segregating the prison population would be an interesting study

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread