What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buttigieg and Klobachur Exits - How Coordinated? (1 Viewer)

Quitting before the biggest day is odd at best. 
That's when you can make the most difference. When you can see the path isn't there, why stick around when you can be the hero instead of the spoiler.  If you want a future career in the party, this is the move. Pete and Amy are getting well-deserved praise.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's when you can make the most difference. When you can see the path isn't there, why stick around when you can be the hero instead of the spoiler.  If you want a future career in the party, this is the move. Pete and Amy are getting well-deserved praise.
That's what I'm saying. You don't know for sure the path isn't there before Tuesday. Polling or not, you think there could be the underdog chance. 

When you know the path isn't there is after Tuesday. After you take your shot. Then you do what Bloomberg did. 

And of course, the big thing is what you said - a future in the party. Bloomberg at his age isn't worried about the future. Buttigieg and Klobuchar are obviously much more concerned about the future and with good reason. 

As someone with zero athletic ability when I play a sport of some kind I kind of expect to get beat and can deal with that,  but I just can't stand to lose  (i.e. lose for some reason other than my athletic short comings).   When I listen to elite athlete they are just the opposite.  They seem to be relatively okay with losing but just don't tell them someone else got the better of them.  The best you can hope for is that "they were the better team today".

I think the same thing is happening here.  It is far better for these "non normal ego"s to quit than to face the prospects of getting beat soundly.  And to be honest I think the bigger prizes on Super Tuesday made this normal realization happen later this year than normal.   Usually this drop out happens a couple of weeks earlier.
I think there's definitely truth there. 

Being a team player and throwing your endorsement to the other guy is not fun. But it's a lot better than being beat soundly. 

Users who are viewing this thread