What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do The Players Get A Year Of Service Time If The Year Is Suspended? (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
Just a thought for dynasty guys. What happens to the contracts for the year? 

Last edited by a moderator:
im sure this is written somewhere into the agreement. no way lawyers let that issue slide

but off hand, no idea

im sure this is written somewhere into the agreement. no way lawyers let that issue slide

but off hand, no idea
Pandemics are giving insurance and events folks fits whether or not it qualifies under "act of God" or not. They're not sure that the seasons are insured, which is the general defense against concert and other event cancellations.

Dynasty owners should know. For instance, I have Drake on a one-year transition tag. What goes down with his contract if they don't play (hint: they're not). I'm trying desperately to move him to people who aren't even tuned back in yet to this stuff. Glllll peas to me, I guess. 

I love this topic. Would your dynasty league follow the NFLs treatment of service time or would you suspend the league until 2021 at current contracts? Seems like a lot of people could be dealing with that decision. If everything rolls, then yes selling guys on 1 year deals in your league would be genius.

I love this topic. Would your dynasty league follow the NFLs treatment of service time or would you suspend the league until 2021 at current contracts? Seems like a lot of people could be dealing with that decision. If everything rolls, then yes selling guys on 1 year deals in your league would be genius.
Thanks. I don't know whether the first question is directed at me or if the "your" is a general plural. If it's for me, I don't know. I don't think there are any provisions in our bylaws for a pandemic or act of God. In general, I think one would have to follow the NFL service time, because with service time comes the potential change in teams and free agent and contract status. Take Drake for instance. How could you have a running back that is a free agent still playing for AZ?

That said, even the uncertainty of the service time question gets harder: there's a potential situation where the NFLPA and the owners are at loggerheads and they wind up in court about it, making that as uncertain as all get out. It will take time for courts to rule, meaning that you might not know until the middle of next year whether the players accrue this time and what kind of changes that will bring.

And I do find this fascinating. It especially seems to impact cornerstone and dynamic RBs, the once-again sort of valued gem in fantasy football, at least with respect to dynasty. 

I meant your for anybody really as we all should be thinking about this stuff. Agreed that following the NFL service time seems logical, and it might not even be clear for some time what they're doing.

I meant your for anybody really as we all should be thinking about this stuff. Agreed that following the NFL service time seems logical, and it might not even be clear for some time what they're doing.
Yeah, I feel like this all isn't being discussed enough. Just like JohnnyU and Boone22's thread about the supplemental draft, this really isn't being covered. I think people just assume September starts and we're cool. I think it's a whole lot more iffy than that, especially at the university level. Schools can't really afford to have massive breakouts of COVID. And playing in the spring? I highly doubt that football can fit in that schedule. Even if they do that, they'll be playing in January, and who knows how all the FBS schools will handle that weather. Wisconsin in late January? Are you kidding?

Users who are viewing this thread