What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys Subscriber Contest is LIVE (1 Viewer)

I have been here before, and that's the problem.  Let me direct you to week 11 of the 2018 season.  Going into the Monday Night game, the cut line sat at 134.6.  I was sitting comfortably in the clubhouse at 167.9 and had no players in the final game of the week.  Guess how much the cut line moved?  Would you believe me if I said 43.25?
You can’t compare a week with 6 nfl teams on a bye with a non bye week. Many more zeros sitting in people’s lineups. Also most of these guys tonight aren’t highly owned. Excluding kickers and def, I saw Dobbins and brown in the low 1000 ownership range. Mahomes is at 939 but most of those owners have something on the board already 

I have been here before, and that's the problem.  Let me direct you to week 11 of the 2018 season.  Going into the Monday Night game, the cut line sat at 134.6.  I was sitting comfortably in the clubhouse at 167.9 and had no players in the final game of the week.  Guess how much the cut line moved?  Would you believe me if I said 43.25?
yeah a similar thing happened to me last season thanks to lamar jackson straight going off on mnf. i had a championship quality team and a legit look at it but no lamar jackson. i had something like a 38 score at qb going in too lol.

Excluding kickers and def, I saw Dobbins and brown in the low 1000 ownership range. Mahomes is at 939 but most of those owners have something on the board already 
how about ceh? that would be my concern if i had like a 15 point cushion and no bullets. hes pretty highly owned, right? and a legit chance in this game he could put up a 30+. obviously its pretty unlikely but itd be in the back of my mind.

how about ceh? that would be my concern if i had like a 15 point cushion and no bullets. hes pretty highly owned, right? and a legit chance in this game he could put up a 30+. obviously its pretty unlikely but itd be in the back of my mind.
Dang, missed him. 2974. Yup, he can move it

The guy sweating 17 pts has CEH

You can’t compare a week with 6 nfl teams on a bye with a non bye week. Many more zeros sitting in people’s lineups. Also most of these guys tonight aren’t highly owned. Excluding kickers and def, I saw Dobbins and brown in the low 1000 ownership range. Mahomes is at 939 but most of those owners have something on the board already 
My cut guess after only the Thursday game was 158.  With only 1 game left, what is yours?

My cut guess after only the Thursday game was 158.  With only 1 game left, what is yours?
Stuck with just a phone so it’s hard to research to try and get historical perspective. Gut feel is that you are pretty much dead on and that’s impressive you came up with that number that early. 

Stuck with just a phone so it’s hard to research to try and get historical perspective. Gut feel is that you are pretty much dead on and that’s impressive you came up with that number that early. 
And for the record, I do think I will advance, but it's more fun to say the opposite.   :D

- At least 61 entries will be using the entire score of either Mahomes or Jackson
- At least 82 entries will be using the entire score of either Kelce or Andrews
- At least 204 entries will be using the entire score of either Butker or Tucker
- At least 68 entries will be using the entire score of the Ravens D

Looks like the cut line sits at 149.6 going into Monday Night.  I have a cushion of 16.55 points and will use CEH if he scores over 8.7.  I am scared

Come on guys. Act like you’ve been there before. 17 and 22 points with bullets left is an auto advance. 17 without bullets is an auto advance 

That's a fair point. Superficially, the Ravens and chiefs can have huge games which is a cause for concern. But if not many teams own the players it really won't matter.

Points above the cut line probably means slightly less than teams which would have to leap you. (I'm comfortable this week with a gap of 5,227 teams between me and the turk.)

So SNF bumped the cutline up about 8 points? I would expect MNF to be about the same with 2 really good offenses, but also some good defenses. Since I'm currently sitting at about 12 points above the line, with no one playing tonight, I'll be sweating and cheering on both defenses.
If I recall the KC-LAR game (Week 11 of 2018) bumped the Cut ~15.  Going off old man memory, so correct me if I am way off... Something like 56-51? 

I doubt we see that kid of climb in Cut, but anything is possible....   So, @TheWinz Cut estimate of 158 is very reasonable.  I support that #. 

Going into MNF, sitting at shy of 183 (+33.1 above cut).  I am not confident, but I am hopeful I survive another week of this song & dance routine! 

I have no more Dance Tickets.... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Week 5 is the week I am truly scared of The Turk - I am way more invested in that week than an average team and fear that AJ Brown/Moss/Shepherd are all still gone (I cannot remember which of em are already on IR).  Need my TEs to get back to business that week.

-QG

Haven’t checked scores but feel pretty ok having Godkowski and quite a few TDs sprinkled around a 30 player rooster. Weak spot is TE sans Jarwin. That group already loaded our number on the Turk’s speed dial.

Will be happy each week the team stays at least .05 over the cut line.  

:shark:

im barely holding on lol...

152.1 with Tyreek Hill hopefully replacing Preston Williams 8.7 

(tyreek has 7.7 rn)

Cut Number is 150.6 

😬

im barely holding on lol...

152.1 with Tyreek Hill hopefully replacing Preston Williams 8.7 

(tyreek has 7.7 rn)

Cut Number is 150.6 

😬

During the commercial, I actually said to  my wife "I need this TD to go to somebody like a fullback or the #2 tight end."

I lost Tarik Cohen.  WTF was I doing taking him anyways?
I almost took him. He got that contract which I thought meant he was going to play a bigger part in the offense. Most people expected CHI to be in negative game script for much of the season. There were some doubts this summer about Montgomery. Patterson.... is still Patterson. 

This is one of the reasons I wish the contest had bigger rosters and allowed you to take a $1 flyer on a guy like Nall. A POSSIBLE 46-man active roster(like an NFL team) would make things even more interesting. Doubt if many people would go that high(even with a bunch of $1 deep sleepers added) but it would be interesting. It would also target the FBG clientele. 

I almost took him. He got that contract which I thought meant he was going to play a bigger part in the offense. Most people expected CHI to be in negative game script for much of the season. There were some doubts this summer about Montgomery. Patterson.... is still Patterson. 

This is one of the reasons I wish the contest had bigger rosters and allowed you to take a $1 flyer on a guy like Nall. A POSSIBLE 46-man active roster(like an NFL team) would make things even more interesting. Doubt if many people would go that high(even with a bunch of $1 deep sleepers added) but it would be interesting. It would also target the FBG clientele. 
"I can't believe these guys only go with 50-man roosters.  75 or bust for me!  And I cannot believe anyone would roster less than 3 punters!"

-QG

I don't know where to check this year and that's a good thing. I cannot imagine advancing with the week my guys had. A bunch are out, a bunch had duds. Not a good entry this year.

I suppose we all expected more injuries due to no preseason, less preparation and covid, but even the MetLife turf can't believe how long the list is after just 3 weeks. 

We should definitely match NFL roster numbers as soon as they add IDP and punters to this contest.  :)

Users who are viewing this thread