Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Summerpalooza III: FFA Music/Fantasy Football Draft - Congrats League Champ Pip's Invitation


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2.07:   NICK CHUBB - RB  (went to U of GA) SONG:  B-52s:  MESOPOTAMIA LINK   Trying to dig a tad deeper and have some fun with this playlist.  

This is the second season without one of our original members. The league was started by my brother 21 years ago. Most of the people in the league are people my brother grew up with or met in college

I'm just happy the air quality has improved enough for me to sit back and take a deep breath

On 11/27/2020 at 1:26 PM, facook said:

If we are doing the "Game cancelled due to Covid" contingency thing, my replacements for Ben and Claypool would be Drew Lock and Antonio Brown.

Make that Brown for Claypool, and Wilkins for Big Ben, I guess.  Ugh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spoonerist said:

WSIS, Curtis Samuel or Kendall Hinton

Only consider playing Hinton if he can be played at WR. I might play Samuel regardless because it's possible the DEN offense could produce absolutely nothing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at clinching a bye week and enjoying it.

See you all Week Fifteen for a game that matters.

My receivers are falling apart, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if I got creamed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Looking at clinching a bye week and enjoying it.

See you all Week Fifteen for a game that matters.

My receivers are falling apart, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if I got creamed. 

Atlanta's kicker scored 21 points against me.  What are you complaining about?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rockaction said:
11 minutes ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

Atlanta's kicker scored 21 points against me.  What are you complaining about?

I wasn't complaining. Merely humblebragging. 

My dynasty squad is at 215 points and counting :lol: PPR - Brady, Mayfield, Gibson, Ekeler, Tyreek, AJ Brown, Mclaurin, Engram. Just bonkers.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dbag "official scorer" deciding Henry's first TD was a rush and not a pass will be the difference in me beating a completely unplugged, indifferent @KarmaPolice this week, or not.  Mark my words.  Either way my team is a pile, but still I like to win.  Sigh.

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, facook said:

The Dbag "official scorer" deciding Henry's first TD was a rush and not a pass will be the difference in me beating a completely unplugged, indifferent @KarmaPolice this week, or not.  Mark my words.  Either way my team is a pile, but still I like to win.  Sigh.

Hopefully that call won't matter and you win.  KP didn't even bother putting his kicker in his lineup. Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, simey said:

Hopefully that call won't matter and you win.  KP didn't even bother putting his kicker in his lineup. Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I was going to at him and mphthrilogy but decided I'd let their opponents do that and that it was none of my business. Karmara Police has had the best drafted team, I'd bet, and some attention to detail would see him with a bye most likely.

He did change his players when he was up against me. I guess every week is a big week when you're a former champion.

Hwarf.

:P

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

:bag:

I went to change my stuff this week, was drunk and hit that annoying "need to log into yahoo for the 100th time" #### again, got annoyed, and said F-it.  

Congrats on your win.  I hate you.

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, added:

Frank Gore - NY Jets, RB

Song: Jet Boy

Artist: New York Dolls

(A punk rock jam burner)

Russell Gage - ATL, WR

Song: Eventually We All Win

Artist: '68

(Another punk rock burner)

Daniel Carlson - LV - K

Song: Our Love Will Still Be There

Artist: The Fluid

(Now I can use them! Carlson was born in Colo Springs, seventy miles from Denver.)

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2020 at 9:12 PM, Pitchfork said:

Also, it's a superflex and our two QBs are a combined 81 years old but dammit, it's working-ish 

Credit to you because I left our QB core in shambles by not being on top of the Titans/Tannehill situation

FF seems about like the nightmare I thought it might be this year.  But, I'll be back, what else do I have to live for

Link to post
Share on other sites

Accumulated adds:

Jake Luton - QB Jacksonville Jaguars

Rockin' Into the Night - 38 Special

Mike Glennon - QB Jacksonville Jaguars

Let it Rock - Chatham County Line      Glennon played ball at NC State and Chatham County Line formed in Raleigh.

Ryan Finley - QB Cincinnati Bengals

Blue Angel - Squirrel Nut Zippers    Finley played ball at NC State and the Squirrel Nut Zippers formed in Chapel Hill, which is about 37 miles from Raleigh.

Robert Griffin lll - QB Baltimore Ravens

Space Song - Beach House

Cleveland D

Closer - Nine Inch Nails

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

This sounds like commentary to me.

By the by, how are your teeth?

It's been a slow heal with lingering pain, but last night was my first painless night. I was diagnosed with a sinus infection today, and so that problem hasn't helped. I have an antibiotic now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, simey said:

It's been a slow heal with lingering pain, but last night was my first painless night. I was diagnosed with a sinus infection today, and so that problem hasn't helped. I have an antibiotic now. 

I'm just glad you are actually making progress.  Good stuff.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I owe a lot of songs for all the terrible moves I have made the last few weeks. Maybe if I get caught up on that, I can get some fantasy mojo going. All my teams have been falling apart the last 3 weeks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Added Adrian Peterson Det RB: Village of Love by The Detroit Cobras

Added Matt Breida Miami RB: Take My Bones Away by Baroness (Breida went to Georgia Southern, the band is from Savannah)

Added Fairburn Houston K: 7/11 by Beyonce

Added Mitch "Tru" Bisky QB Chi-town QB: Down on Me by Jeremih, 50 Cent (also good news it sounds like Jermih was released from the hospital yesterday after a fight for his life with COVID)

Added Ryan Fitzpatrick QB Miami: Lifesaver by Guru

Added Arizona: 23 by Jimmy Eat World

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, simey said:

It's been a slow heal with lingering pain, but last night was my first painless night. I was diagnosed with a sinus infection today, and so that problem hasn't helped. I have an antibiotic now. 

That is great to hear you had a good night  finally. Hopefully with the antibiotic this corner will be turned quickly. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, simey said:

I'm going to battle with you this weekend for a playoff spot. You are favored by a lot, but just know my team is MEAN!  :football:

And apparently your teeth are painful (I'm sorry, I don't know what's up), which probably makes you a mean coach!!!

I deserve no playoffs, I've been awful all year.  My only good pick was Kelce (which no one agreed with) and waiting forever for Tannehill.  I'm terrible.  Congrats on your win!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, facook said:

And apparently your teeth are painful (I'm sorry, I don't know what's up), which probably makes you a mean coach!!!

I deserve no playoffs, I've been awful all year.  My only good pick was Kelce (which no one agreed with) and waiting forever for Tannehill.  I'm terrible.  Congrats on your win!

I had an upper left molar (last one beside the cheek) extracted two weeks ago due to a split root (and it had started to abcess). It's been a pain in more ways than one since then, but I think things have started to turn around for the good now, but make no mistake, it does make me a mean coach. 

Looking at your lineup, you have some good players. My team is not good, but we still hope to kick your team's ###. 💪 

Edited by simey
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, simey said:

I had an upper left molar (last one beside the cheek) extracted two weeks ago due to a split root (and it had started to abcess). It's been a pain in more ways than one since then, but I think things have started to turn around for the good now, but make no mistake, it does make me a mean coach. 

Looking at your lineup, you have some good players. My team is not good, but we still hope to kick your team's ###. 💪 

Swift (who won't play AGAIN this week) recovery to you simey.  ;)  

And I kinda hope you beat me and end my misery.  But not really.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 9:13 AM, facook said:

Glad I was finally able to oust the inattentive scourge of an owner that was @KarmaPolice:D

Next up is Rock.  Not sure I like my chances too much.  Oh well, it's been fun.

Rock is attentive but can't figure out who to start at RB with his M*A*S*H unit. Then I look over and see Elliott, Sanders, and Swift and immediately hate my chances, too.

We'll see. It begins tonight. I'm rolling out the Raiders kicker and likely the Bills D on Saturday. So we should have some sort of really nascent idea going into Sunday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay. I've added a bunch, but already done songs for them. Herewith a way to still be on it (and fair) while not getting redundant or picking a dozen songs. Guys I've never had before:

Added:

Cole Kmet, Chicago, TE

Song: Alkaline Trio - My Little Needle 

Irv Smith, Minnesota, TE

Song: Dillinger Four - A Jingle For The Product

Peyton Barber, WAS, RB

Song: Fugazi - Repeater

Jalen Hurts, Philadelphia, QB

Song: The Roots - The Seed (2.0)

Colby Parkinson, Seattle, TE

Song: Fastbacks - Gone To The Moon

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rockaction said:

Rock is attentive but can't figure out who to start at RB with his M*A*S*H unit. Then I look over and see Elliott, Sanders, and Swift and immediately hate my chances, too.

We'll see. It begins tonight. I'm rolling out the Raiders kicker and likely the Bills D on Saturday. So we should have some sort of really nascent idea going into Sunday.

Yeah?  You are concerned about Ezekiel Elliot, the #5 overall pick in this league that is ranked the #28ish rb this week?  Screw off.

 

:wub: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, facook said:

Yeah?  You are concerned about Ezekiel Elliot, the #5 overall pick in this league that is ranked the #28ish rb this week?  Screw off.

 

:wub: 

I'm switching up my lineup repeatedly in hopes of loosening up some ju-jitsu moves on your ###, el Soprano. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Looking at how my draft worked out and how waivers went, I’m kind of shocked my team wasn’t better. I’ll get you all next year!

I am too. What a collection of talent! I think you got bit by the volume bug. Not enough volume for key guys. That's not on the drafter, that's a function of their professional teams and coaches. Regardless, we hope to see you next year, too! Always fun.

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rockaction said:

That's a Floyd cover? I never knew that.

Yep, it’s on their soundtrack to More. Which has always fascinated me because it’s got the two hardest rockers they ever did — this and The Nile Song — and the rest of it is incredibly blissed out and mellow. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...