What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Two women charged with hate crimes after stealing child’s Make America Great Again hat (1 Viewer)

Widbil83

Footballguy
Wow I can’t believe there isn’t a thread on this yet. 7 years old. I hope they get the maximum sentence. 

Two women have been indicted on hate crimes after they stole a seven-year-old boy’s Make America Great Again hat outside the Democratic National Convention (DNC) in Delaware.

Delaware Police arrested Camryn Amy, 21, and Olivia Winslow, 21, on charges of robbery, conspiracy, endangering the welfare of a child. Amy also received two counts of offensive touching.

The women are accused of committing the crimes “for the purpose of interfering with the victim’s free exercise or enjoyment of any right, privilege or immunity protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, or committed said crime because the victim had exercised or enjoyed said right or rights,” according to the indictment.

“Violence in any form is unacceptable, but harming another person – let alone a child – because of the expression of their views betrays the principles on which our country was founded,” Delaware Attorney General Kathleen Jennings, a Democrat, said in a statement.

The incident, which was captured in a now-viral video, happened in Wilmington, Delaware, outside a restaurant just steps away from where Joe Biden made his DNC acceptance speech as the party’s candidate for president.

The footage showed the two women damaging pro-Donald Trump signs and a red Make America Great Again hat outside the venue, as people gathered to show support for the sitting president.

A young boy in the video can be heard saying, "That's somebody else's hat," after Winslow picked it up off the ground.

“Mom, call 911,” the boy said as the two women walked away with the hat.

Later in the video, a man attempted to grab the hat from Amy, who then appears to punch him in the face. She then threw the hat over a fence.
https://news.yahoo.com/two-women-charged-hate-crimes-183251201.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw&tsrc=twtr

I see a lot of Conservatives I know celebrating this.  I didn't think Conservatives were for the notion of "hate" crimes as a category?

These are all preposterous overcharges and the district attorney who filed them should be fired.
Yeah - I think they should have to buy the kid a new hat, apologize and then do a long time of community service.  These types of charges are nonsense whether it was done to a kid with a Trump or Biden hat.  I won't go on some tirade about civility in our country because I think it's somewhat overblown but it is crazy that people feel the need to do something like this.  For whatever reason I'm reminded of that Bama fan who killed the Toomer's Corner trees.  How about we just go around and be decent human beings and not jerks?

Yeah, people are stupid and tensions are high.   

I also don't agree with people dressing up their kids in political gear and having them out there either, but whatever.  

Last edited by a moderator:
:goodposting:

Imagine this being the other way around. 

Has Biden condemned this yet? They were leaving his convention when this happened. I’m not finding anything.
To be fair, politicians and people in power would have to spend a lot of time condemning actions of stupid people on their "side" if we expect them to come out and publically condemn all this stuff.  

Has Biden condemned this yet?
Three weeks ago the President’s campaign manager was indicted for defrauding his supporters.

Last week it was revealed the President privately insults and reviles the military.

This week it’s been revealed in live audio the President purposefully covered up the nature of a pandemic wreaking our country.

Three weeks ago the President’s campaign manager was indicted for defrauding his supporters.

Last week it was revealed the President privately insults and reviles the military.

This week it’s been revealed in live audio the President purposefully covered up the nature of a pandemic wreaking our country.
Yeah....but it's HAT.  

Conservatives need to walk on eggshells not to offend leftist, and heaven forbid they should utter one of the hundreds of offensive words or phrases deemed offensive, they lose their job,  face boycotts, and an insane amount of vitriol backlash on social media.    Or in this case physical assault for wearing a somehow offensive hat.  White Privileged rhetoric is the 2000's version of calling someone the n-word.  It is to tell the person to shut the #### up, you are not important and your opinion does not matter.  We are headed for a race war and it is almost entirely on the shoulders of the wokist hate speech rhetoric which is creating a level of hate that this country has not seen in over a century.    

probably some more conspiracy charges coming too.  this didn’t just happen.  there was a plan.

Conservatives need to walk on eggshells not to offend leftist, and heaven forbid they should utter one of the hundreds of offensive words or phrases deemed offensive, they lose their job,  face boycotts, and an insane amount of vitriol backlash on social media.    Or in this case physical assault for wearing a somehow offensive hat.  White Privileged rhetoric is the 2000's version of calling someone the n-word.  It is to tell the person to shut the #### up, you are not important and your opinion does not matter.  We are headed for a race war and it is almost entirely on the shoulders of the wokist hate speech rhetoric which is creating a level of hate that this country has not seen in over a century.    
Dude.

Hateful people? Yes.  Hate crime?  No.          Might have a simple assault charge though.

no one was assaulted for wearing a hat. 

I love how, in a thread about two people being charged with a hate crime for being belligerent douchebags, it's conservatives who feel persecuted.

The left has gone from being racists against black people to racists against white people.  Is there something that fundamentally upsets the left about treating people equally and with respect.  I really fail to get why that simple but fundamental foundation of having a civil society is continually rejected by leftist.   

The left has gone from being racists against black people to racists against white people.  Is there something that fundamentally upsets the left about treating people equally and with respect.  I really fail to get why that simple but fundamental foundation of having a civil society is continually rejected by leftist.   
They're not charged with attacking white people because of their race.

people love hate crimes until they're levied against the people on their side lol

do away with "hate" crimes ... most crimes are stemmed from hate anyway, its ridiculous to have them

Delaware Police arrested Camryn Amy, 21, and Olivia Winslow, 21, on charges of robbery, conspiracy, endangering the welfare of a child. Amy also received two counts of offensive touching.
I'm a little confused by the article, where is the hate crime charge?

no one was assaulted for wearing a hat. 

I love how, in a thread about two people being charged with a hate crime for being belligerent douchebags, it's conservatives who feel persecuted.
She was throwing some punches around. Persecuted has nothing to do with anything I said.  I am pointing out the level of hatred that is being created.  There is nothing unique about the behavior of these two.  This is the widespread anger I see in most of the so-called peaceful protesters.  There is no widespread cry for equality.  It is mostly spewing of hate.

She was throwing some punches around. Persecuted has nothing to do with anything I said.  I am pointing out the level of hatred that is being created.  There is nothing unique about the behavior of these two.  This is the widespread anger I see in most of the so-called peaceful protesters.  There is no widespread cry for equality.  It is mostly spewing of hate.
she swiped a had from the ground.  When someone else decided to take the hat back (presumably this person had no legal authority to do so - i.e. they are lot LEO), she swung at him.  Once again, no one was assaulted for wearing a hat.

I'm a little confused by the article, where is the hate crime charge?

The women are accused of committing the crimes “for the purpose of interfering with the victim’s free exercise or enjoyment of any right, privilege or immunity protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, or committed said crime because the victim had exercised or enjoyed said right or rights,” according to the indictment.

is there a charge there?

is there a charge there?
i really don't know much about it, but isn't that the language used when charging a hate crime?

robbery, conspiracy, endangering the welfare of a child, two counts of offensive touching.

+

for the purpose of interfering with the victim’s free exercise or enjoyment of any right, privilege or immunity protected by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, or committed said crime because the victim had exercised or enjoyed said right or rights

Wow I can’t believe there isn’t a thread on this yet. 7 years old. I hope they get the maximum sentence. 
Am I the only one who initially read the topic title and this part, and thought "Huh, I didn't even know they had MAGA hats 7 years ago" and "7 years seems like a long time for this to finally get to court"?

I just love posts like this from someone that seems to despise "leftists" and posts a lot about them.  

We will agree that there has been a growing anger and hatred of others over the last few years.  Where we part ways is the belief you seem to have about how widespread this is though.  

sentence #1.  true, he is indicted.  pretty easy though to indict anyone in the political spectrum.  if found guilty report back.

sentence #2.  Anonymous sources.  You are better than that.  so how about I heard from someone, can't say who, that said you are racist?

not cool is it?

sentence #3. not worth discussing IMO.

sentence #2.  Anonymous sources.  You are better than that.  so how about I heard from someone, can't say who, that said you are racist?

not cool is it?
Are you a resepcted journalist that has their career on the line and would never write for any major publication again if it turned out you were comepltely fabricating this whole thing?

Are you a resepcted journalist that has their career on the line and would never write for any major publication again if it turned out you were comepltely fabricating this whole thing?
so who is the "respected" journalist?  if you don't have to reveal sources then you can write what you want or rather make up what you want.  I mean, who is going to know you "fabricated" the whole thing?  so tell me, who is going to know?

Come on back to reality my man it's nice in here

sentence #1.  true, he is indicted.  pretty easy though to indict anyone in the political spectrum.  if found guilty report back. ...
It's not easy to indict someone in the political spectrum, at all, and in fact, it's harder in this administration and in fact doing so can mean the end of one's career in federal government.

The author of the Atlantic article was Jeffery Goldberg. The Fox News reporter who confirmed the story is Jennifer Griffin

Please read up on both of them and tell me why you feel the need to call them "respected" journalists
I did not call them "respected" journalists.   anyone, & I mean anyone can write, make up a story & claim anonymous sources.  I can-you can-anyone can. 

wouldnt that make interrupting a hate crime?

sure if you already work for them & they want it to be true.  
Oh, I see.  So you need to build up your journalistic bonafides and rep, then fabricate a story, then get your editors to go along with fabricated story (or gaslight them into running with a story they cannot verify or fact-check).  And you think all these people want to do this why?  To take down the President?  Why would they risk their careers and reputation for that?

Not to mention that the basic facts of the story have been verified by other journalists not affiliated with the publication.  Are they all in on the conspiracy?

sentence #1.  true, he is indicted.  pretty easy though to indict anyone in the political spectrum.  if found guilty report back.

not cool is it?

sentence #3. not worth discussing IMO.
#2...umm...how are multiple respected journalists...running with a story that has multiple sources identified as having knowledge of such things and being that high up...how is that even close to comparable with random internet guy heard from someone?

people love hate crimes until they're levied against the people on their side lol

do away with "hate" crimes ... most crimes are stemmed from hate anyway, its ridiculous to have them
Hey we agree on something.*

*I'm actually okay if it's listed as an aggravating factor by statute but it shouldn't be a separate charge. 

Users who are viewing this thread