What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RIP Justice RBG (1 Viewer)

To quote the good woman herself,

So often in life, things that you regard as an impediment turn out to be great, good fortune.

• Love
Reactions: Ned
I assume this is a small thread because there must be a larger thread in the PSF.  I'm surely not going in there to find out.  I love that this thread has such positive posts and stories.  As one of the few women actively posting here, I want to say that her contributions to our progress are immeasurable, and her loss is acutely felt by me and so many of my female friends.  As a lawyer, and one who attended the school where she was a professor, and whose law-school roommate clerked for her, her death is especially meaningful.  But how she affected the course of history wasn't limited to matters of gender, and she was a positive force for human rights.  She is irreplaceable not just as a SC Justice, but as a human.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know it's coming but it's still crushing. Looking at her medical history going back, wow. What a fighter. Whats interesting is she was a moderate when first appointed to the SC. Truly a big loss. I'm sad for the younger than me generation who will be affected by the major SC decisions that RBG fought so hard to keep or overturn. A real genuine lady who fought to stay alive for our sake. She wanted to retire in 2016. 😥 RIP 

A friend posted this actual (looked like a specific response, but maybe a form) letter from RBG yesterday

When I was in late high school and throughout college, I wrote 1,000 letters to the most important people in the world... seeking inspiration and purpose.  I asked their “greatest accomplishment.”  I received more than 150 responses including this one from Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who died today.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg wrote:

“Aspire, and work hard to achieve your aspirations.  Appreciate that, in our open society, no doors are closed to people willing to spend the hours of effort needed to make dreams come true.  And leave tracks.  Just as others have been way pavers for your good fortune, so you should aid those who will follow in your way.  Think of your children and grandchildren to come, and do your part to make society as you would want it to be for them.”
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg 

TEXT RBG TO 50409 this will send a message to your senator to demand that a new SCOTUS isn’t nominated prior to the election. Takes one minute and easy to do! 

Users who are viewing this thread