What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Giants vs Eagles - TNF - Week 7 (3 Viewers)

man, would love to just point out all the injuries the Eagles have, but this 1st half has been poor and it has little to do with any injuries. Not positive what happened to Wentz, but he has fallen a bit this year nd i would love to know the reason. OL is a part but not all of it. Though dude does have to be beat up to hell too after that Ravens game, so maybe that is playing a part. 

Still have to be giddy about Fulgham grab though, kid still seems like a legit #1 WR

great start terrible end to that half. two redzone trips wasted in that quarter. overall though we can see clearly what this team could be or could have been at full strength. Carson is the greatest asset and the worst enemy.

That Del Taco commercial made me want to throw something at the screen. Must we re-live the awfulness that was hair metal (in general, that is)?

man, would love to just point out all the injuries the Eagles have, but this 1st half has been poor and it has little to do with any injuries. Not positive what happened to Wentz, but he has fallen a bit this year nd i would love to know the reason. OL is a part but not all of it. Though dude does have to be beat up to hell too after that Ravens game, so maybe that is playing a part. 

Still have to be giddy about Fulgham grab though, kid still seems like a legit #1 WR
Making worse decisions while showing much more inaccuracy according to the metrics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Tony Gonzalez gonna keep referring to the band Boston everytime he talks about Baby Yoda? If so it's gonna get old fast

Then he gets all butt hurt when we go into the Dallas thread for some friendly posting he instantly accuses you of doing what he does constantly. If anyone needs to grow up it's him. Pot calling the kettle black by him. 
It’s halftime 

This is a lie

You are a liar 

Prove me wrong 

I spoke to a few people more in the know then me and they think it's a QB coach issue. Didn't go into specifics but when I asked them what they thought was wrong with Wentz in no hesitation the answer was HE NEEDS A BETTER QB COACH 

That Del Taco commercial made me want to throw something at the screen. Must we re-live the awfulness that was hair metal (in general, that is)?
One of the best eras ever. Far better then the depressing Grunge crap My life sucks and I'm gonna blame everyone else for my life sucking. 

Devils advocate- Wentz threw a perfect touchdown pass to Fulgham and it went through his hands and his feet were not set inbounds anyway.

Feels like a game that is going to be decided by one huge play. History would suggest it will be Daniel Jones, with a big TD pass, just a matter of which team.
Or a fumble six by Daniel Jones. That's just as likely. The dude fumbled 18 times last year and hasn't cleaned it up too, too much. 

Devils advocate- Wentz threw a perfect touchdown pass to Fulgham and it went through his hands and his feet were not set inbounds anyway.
yea fulgham showing quite a number of rookie mistakes today. still stands tho Wentz not playing smart. it's been a theme all year and he's not showing any sign of improvements. not sure his better physical play would make up for it in the long run.

HE NEEDS A BETTER QB COACH 
think this is it right here, Wentz isn't a improv guy though he's built like one.

Yeah, 29 is awful. But if his other misses are 45+, one is cut slack. Otherwise, he's having a poor year, as you point out.

What's really surprising? He's only got twelve kicks through six and half games.
Seems like its from over 40 yards out but in todays NFL you need to make those now. 10 yrs ago I'd say no big deal but we got half the league making 50Plus consistently now 

@tim_mcmanus

Carson Wentz has committed a turnover in 7 straight games, the 2nd-longest active streak in the NFL behind... Daniel Jones (8 straight games, including tonight). - @ESPNStatsInfo
lol i kept thinking these are two physically gifted mofos who don't seem to have it upstairs. ugh.

yea fulgham showing quite a number of rookie mistakes today. still stands tho Wentz not playing smart. it's been a theme all year and he's not showing any sign of improvements. not sure his better physical play would make up for it in the long run.

think this is it right here, Wentz isn't a improv guy though he's built like one.
I thought it was pretty telling honestly. When Flip and Reich were here he seemed to really do well. Since both have left he's gone down hill. 

@tim_mcmanus

Carson Wentz has committed a turnover in 7 straight games, the 2nd-longest active streak in the NFL behind... Daniel Jones (8 straight games, including tonight). - @ESPNStatsInfo
Like I said, Wentz is just older Daniel Jones but can sense pressure. They're both kinda bad decision-makers under pressure (Wentz regressed, Jones ... can't sense it), they both like tucking it and running, and they both have rabid fans who swear they'll be a HoF QB on this forum, resulting in me side-eyeing the post.

Last edited by a moderator:

I will admit I have been expecting more from Wentz but he also flashes crazy upside and for FF he has been producing with little to work with.

not watching - is Slayton hurt? or getting Slay’d?
He's fine. Giants just haven't really had the ball. Slayton was the target on the ball that slipped out of Jones hand, and Jones was sacked on a play that was going to be a deep shot. 

Giants need to do a better job giving Jones time. 

He's fine. Giants just haven't really had the ball. Slayton was the target on the ball that slipped out of Jones hand, and Jones was sacked on a play that was going to be a deep shot. 

Giants need to do a better job giving Jones time. 
Holy cow yeah it's a bad problem

Users who are viewing this thread