What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza Presents: FG Radio - Tons of Lithium but very little Chill (4 Viewers)

Two new contenders will make it out of Dayton before the big Friday Four roll

• The Morning Zoo (Songs about animals)
  • Radio Alpha (Songs off debut albums)
  • Free Your Mind- psychedelic songs or stuff you listen to while drunk,high or tripping balls.
  • Folk Yeah (Folk music)
Roll set 1
Die rolls: 80, 82
Roll subtotal: 162
Roll total: 162

Roll set 2
Die rolls: 35, 8
Roll subtotal: 43
Roll total: 43

Roll set 3
Die rolls: 33, 77
Roll subtotal: 110
Roll total: 110

• Keyboard Warriors (Uber piano, organ, synth, celeste, harpsichord, accordian, etc.)
  • Goin' Solo (Songs from solo artists known for being in bands)
  • Politico (Songs about politics and stories from the news)
  • Radio Omega (Songs off final/most recent albums)
2d100, rolled 3 times.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 38, 65
Roll subtotal: 103
Roll total: 103

Roll set 2
Die rolls: 37, 5
Roll subtotal: 42
Roll total: 42

Roll set 3
Die rolls: 3, 59
Roll subtotal: 62
Roll total: 62
Both winners advance from the #3 slot

Free Your Mind- psychedelic songs or stuff you listen to while drunk,high or tripping balls.

Politico (Songs about politics and stories from the news)

The Big Friday Four Roll

1. Radio Free Bird (Southern Rock)
  2. WLUV & KSEX-FM (Slow Jams)
  3. How Bizarre (Weird and wonderful tracks)
  4. Grrrrls Grrrls Grrrls (Women Who Rock)
  5. FFA-1 Storytellers (Story Songs)
  6. Rude Youth (Ska, Bluebeat, Rocksteady)
  7. 150 Seconds with Matt Pinfield (Songs shorter than 2 min 30 sec)
  8. AARP Public Affairs Program (Songs recorded by artists older than 50)
  9. NASA Mission Control (Songs about space, being spacy or taking up space)
  10. Saxy Time : Non-jazz songs prominently featuring the saxophone
  11. Free Your Mind- psychedelic songs or stuff you listen to while drunk,high or tripping balls.
  12. Politico (Songs about politics and stories from the news)
4d12, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 10, 10, 5, 1 (Doubles!)
Roll subtotal: 26
Roll total: 26

1d12, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 6
Roll subtotal: 6
Roll total: 6
Saxy Time : Non-jazz songs prominently featuring the saxophone

FFA-1 Storytellers (Story Songs)

Radio Free Bird (Southern Rock)

Rude Youth (Ska, Bluebeat, Rocksteady)

I won’t be on here too much for awhile- soon as my workout is over it’s shower and then heading to eat for steak and dirty martinis. I guess cheers to a screwed up year being over. I’m vaccinated and life is getting better.

Just spent the last 5 hours hanging with my Dad for his 81st birthday. Now it's off to the bowling alley and then at least 1 other bar.
You guys are way too much fun for me. Still waiting and masking in essential lockdown in Southern California.  Have fun, guys!

You guys are way too much fun for me. Still waiting and masking in essential lockdown in Southern California.  Have fun, guys!
We have indoor dining at 25% here, but bars that are just bars aren't open, and you can't sit at the bar in a restaurant that has one.  Your post made me wonder how they figured what they could do at the event I went to last night.  I guess technically Lumen Field has thousands in capacity so we were within limits.  :lmao:   This picture (that's my mom!) shows the setup on the field.  The perspective on the photo is weird and makes it look like tables were a lot closer than they were - they were very spaced out.  Felt pretty safe.

We have indoor dining at 25% here, but bars that are just bars aren't open, and you can't sit at the bar in a restaurant that has one.  Your post made me wonder how they figured what they could do at the event I went to last night.  I guess technically Lumen Field has thousands in capacity so we were within limits.  :lmao:   This picture (that's my mom!) shows the setup on the field.  The perspective on the photo is weird and makes it look like tables were a lot closer than they were - they were very spaced out.  Felt pretty safe.
Hi, k4's Mom! That looks really nice. Swanky outdoor dinner going on there. Looks like they had lighting and heaters. Cool stuff. What was it for? (Sorry if you already told us, but I can't scroll back the page because I've been losing posts that I've written when I switch.) Regarding our local COVID stuff, I just saw on my Twitter feed (I caved back four months ago and decided it was okay for fantasy football -- I've since added things and people to follow) that California will open up ballparks and theme parks to limited capacity April 1st. Let's hope for the best for everyone involved, but I know that with two underlying conditions, I need to wait for vaccination before I can even think of hanging out comfortably, really. So it goes...but things are looking up for the general population, and especially the elderly (Mom and Pop rock got their vaccinations, too) so I'm thrilled about that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
230.8 or 12 - David Ruffin - My Whole World Ended (The Moment You Left Me) (Soul Town)

Leaving Soul Town with my second favorite Motown song. I've drafted it before which I try to knowingly avoid but I love the Soul Town mix and this needs to be in it.
Definitely love this track. I don't think one realizes the anguish he's going through with the upbeat music, though. The vocals in iso would be a stark contrast to the orchestral sound of the backing band.

I've never had any issues with agoraphobia before but it's going to take some time for me to get back out and about. I don't think I could enjoy a dinner out right now. More power to those of you who are.

Big tech reminded me today that it's been one year since I went to a show (Seratones) and tomorrow is the anniversary of our last dinner out in 2020.

Weekend rolls

3d1000, rolled 2 times.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 171, 936, 819
Roll subtotal: 1926
Roll total: 1926

Roll set 2
Die rolls: 96, 289, 904
Roll subtotal: 1289
Roll total: 1289
Saturday

PopRocks - 13 minutes shy of retirement

Free Stylin' (Pre-90 Hip Hop)

I Heart Prog (Progressive Rock)

Sunday

International 2-No Boogaloo (World Music)

FFA-1 Storytellers (Story Songs) - NEW

Faction (modern punk) 4

Hi, k4's Mom! That looks really nice. Swanky outdoor dinner going on there. Looks like they had lighting and heaters. Cool stuff. What was it for? (Sorry if you already told us, but I can't scroll back the page because I've been losing posts that I've written when I switch.) Regarding our local COVID stuff, I just saw on my Twitter feed (I caved back four months ago and decided it was okay for fantasy football -- I've since added things and people to follow) that California will open up ballparks and theme parks to limited capacity April 1st. Let's hope for the best for everyone involved, but I know that with two underlying conditions, I need to wait for vaccination before I can even think of hanging out comfortably, really. So it goes...but things are looking up for the general population, and especially the elderly (Mom and Pop rock got their vaccinations, too) so I'm thrilled about that. 
There is a series of fundraisers being held there for Big Table, a non-profit that assists people in the hospitality industry.  I think it goes on for a couple of weeks, with a different chef putting together a four-course meal each night.  I chose one from the chef at one of our favorite Seattle restaurants.  It turned out to be much swankier and cooler than I expected!

I don't have any comorbidities and after many months of doing nothing, I'm poking my head out a lot more these days.  "A lot more" meaning about once a week I'll go sit somewhere outside for dinner, but I haven't felt comfortable going to anyplace fully indoors yet.  My mom and her husband are just hitting their maximum vaccine protection now having gotten their second shot a couple of weeks ago.  My mom, despite being 77, has no comorbidities either!

Weekend Last Chance Channels

1. Pop 2K (pop hits 2000-2009)
  2. PopRocks
  3. Springsteen Channel
  4. Deep Tracks (classic rock)
  5. Willie's Roadhouse (classic country)
  6. Real Jazz (classic jazz)
  7. Outlaw Country - 4
  8. Globalization (worldwide hits) 4
  9. Faction (modern punk) 4
2d9, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 9, 2
Roll subtotal: 11
Roll total: 11
Faction and Pop Rocks :bag:

I guess both are gone after Sunday

Sunday

International 2-No Boogaloo (World Music)

FFA-1 Storytellers (Story Songs) - NEW

Faction (modern punk) - LAST CHANCE

PopRocks (we still don't know what it is) - LAST CHANCE

I've never had any issues with agoraphobia before but it's going to take some time for me to get back out and about. I don't think I could enjoy a dinner out right now. More power to those of you who are.

Big tech reminded me today that it's been one year since I went to a show (Seratones) and tomorrow is the anniversary of our last dinner out in 2020.
I think it will be 1 year on Monday since we went into lockdown. Being spread out in a bar/restaurant doesn't bother me too much but we are kinda packed together in the bowling alley. I'm masked up and sanitizing so hopefully should be ok. Just sick of crappy weather and being stuck in the house.

What was on the bill of fare?
Hand Dipped Ricotta - Marinated Vegetables, Confit Garlic Toast & Date Vinegar* 

Gnocchetti - Hand Rolled Pasta, Cauliflower Soubise, Togarashi  

Braised Lamb Shank - Rutabaga, Celery, Horseradish Root, Hazelnut  OR Grilled King Trumpet Mushrooms with Caramelized Carrot Passata, Crispy Garlic Gremolata & Pimenton** 

Brown Butter Cake- Cream Cheese Ice Cream, Bosc Pear, Butter Caramel Crumble

*Hands-down winner for three of four of us.  The "marinated vegetables" were beets, turnips, and carrots that were to die for, and the ricotta - which I usually don't even like - was otherworldly.  What this chef is so good at is enhancing the flavor of something without being fussy about it.  Like, carrots are just the best carrots you ever had - not "my play on..." carrots.

**All four of us had the lamb.  Person #4 voted this his favorite of the night.

*Hands-down winner for three of four of us.  The "marinated vegetables" were beets, turnips, and carrots that were to die for, and the ricotta - which I usually don't even like - was otherworldly.  What this chef is so good at is enhancing the flavor of something without being fussy about it.  Like, carrots are just the best carrots you ever had - not "my play on..." carrots.

**All four of us had the lamb.  Person #4 voted this his favorite of the night.
That menu sounds yummy even though I don't know what some of it is. I'd love to find out. I love food. I have never had lamb outside of being in Irish stew. I felt guilty for eating it in the stew, cause I'd think about Silence of the Lambs and Clarice hearing the lambs scream.   :lol:   I still ate the stew and it was good. 

That menu sounds yummy even though I don't know what some of it is. I'd love to find out. I love food. I have never had lamb outside of being in Irish stew. I felt guilty for eating it in the stew, cause I'd think about Silence of the Lambs and Clarice hearing the lambs scream.   :lol:   I still ate the stew and it was good. 
I feel guilty eating lamb, too.  I don't have it very often.  Sure is delicious, though.

Cole's ultrasound today came back clean, which is great. We still don't know what is causing him to be sick, but the vet wants to continue to give him B12 shots twice a week for the next 5 weeks, and see if that turns him around. I found a food his body seems ok with right now, and that he likes, so that has helped in getting him to eat better, although he still is not eating like normal. My mom's bff needs a miracle. 

I feel guilty eating lamb, too.  I don't have it very often.  Sure is delicious, though.
I've never had like leg of lamb or a lamb roast but eat ground lamb or lamb gyros or shwarma at least once a month. I like lamb chops but rarely eat them because they are kinda pricey and I'm still hungry after eating them. There are a bunch of Greek restaurants I can walk to from work so go when it's nice.

BONUS SOUL TOWN

The story of this band is so out there that it sounds like a really bad attempt at writing alternative reality, but it actually happened. 

Its lineup rotated over its 3-year history, but the group during its brief tenure with Motown consisted of:

Bassist Bruce Palmer, later of Buffalo Springfield
Keyboardist Goldy McJohn, later of Steppenwolf
Drummer Rickman Mason and guitarist John Taylor, who faded into obscurity
Singer Ricky Matthews, later known as Rick James!

and

Some guitar player named Neil Young. 

Yes, Rick James spent his early career singing soul music backed by a bunch of white Canadians. Including the guy who wrote Down by the River and stuff like that. 

This song was slated to be the band's first single release in 1966, but it was withdrawn after a former manager, as revenge for being fired by them, told Motown that Matthews was AWOL from the Navy, which led to his arrest and the band's breakup. Neil and Palmer split for LA, where they met up with Neil's acquaintances Stephen Stills and Richie Furay and formed Buffalo Springfield. "Mr. Soul" is in part about Neil's experiences with Rick James and co. The lost single finally saw an official release on a 2006 Motown compilation. 

It's My Time -- The Mynah Birds

I've never had like leg of lamb or a lamb roast but eat ground lamb or lamb gyros or shwarma at least once a month. I like lamb chops but rarely eat them because they are kinda pricey and I'm still hungry after eating them. There are a bunch of Greek restaurants I can walk to from work so go when it's nice.
After posting I don't eat it often I realized I'm going to have it again this weekend at a Turkish street food pop-up.  :bag:   I do end up having it at Greek or Middle Eastern places.  Ex-Mr. krista always gets lamb at Indian restaurants, too.

I forgot I've had lamb in a gyro before. I went to Greece back in the 80s, and probably had it then. I don't remember what I ate there, but I remember being in a restaurant on New Years Eve, and an old Greek man dancing and laughing, and taking out his teeth (dentures) to make people laugh or be freaked out.

Users who are viewing this thread