What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza Presents: FG Radio - Tons of Lithium but very little Chill (3 Viewers)

That's good to hear. I assume it's nice to have it all over with, including the illness. I didn't feel the vaccine too much, but I was definitely more tired than usual and it weirdly hit around the third day whereupon I just went to bed and woke up fine.

I was wondering how they handled your vaccination with you having had it and all. I was under the impression they wouldn't vaccinate if you'd had COVID within a certain amount of time, but of all people, I trust you've handled it. What did they say?
You can get the vaccine as soon as your isolation period is over, provided you don't have a fever and your other symptoms have improved (other than loss of taste or smell).  There are exceptions for people who were severely ill and got certain types of treatment like plasma - they have to wait longer.

Yep, his team finished in 4th. 2nd was a tie between Dr. Detroit and Kraft. Uber League is a lot of old school FBG/baseball forum regulars with some significant Serious Business crossover.  (Frost, Thorn, Tre, Chemical X, GM, rodg, FDAS, Rudnicki are some of the others).
I was an original owner in Uber. The intra-team dynamics did me in after a few years but that was largely because Mr. Harrier (Hrrrrrrr) was part of the team.

My final act was to lose an argument with our franchise's "new basketball guy" about who to take first in the Hoops minidraft. I was pushing for rookie Steph Curry, he drafted Courtney Lee.

Cool. Just totally off topic but if someone wanted to explore Neil a bit more, what’s the best album or 2 in your opinion?
Greatest hits are cheating but his excellent Decade compilation from 1977 covers the breadth and depth of his early career.

Coolio wouldn't put cauliflower tots on a plate.
Did we talk about last week's episode?  Keeping vague in case you guys haven't watched, but as good as the prior week was (with the mushroom quickfire and the indigenous people-related challenge), this one was just that bad.  I didn't want to eat much of anything they prepared.  I was surprised too by who came back from LCK.

I might have posted this already.  The last few days are kinda blurry.

Did we talk about last week's episode?  Keeping vague in case you guys haven't watched, but as good as the prior week was (with the mushroom quickfire and the indigenous people-related challenge), this one was just that bad.  I didn't want to eat much of anything they prepared.  I was surprised too by who came back from LCK.

We're still behind :bag:

We're caught up on LCK but not the rest of the episodes. Hoping to catch up later tonight. 

Great pick. Coolio played our University's spring party weekend bash festival or whatever back when I was a junior in college. He was none too happy to be there, and it showed. I was drunk for the first time in a long time and wound up hollering and spraying beer all over the place like the Beastie Boys were in town for Licensed To Ill.

Kick it!

There was a culture clash in effect there because of all of the upper-middle class investment banker would-bes that were attending said bash. Juxtapose that against a not so investment-bankery me, and add in our school's hip hop extracurricular/social club We Funk (and a yearbook picture from freshman spring party I am proud to be in, looking serious as heck, waving my Fresh Jive® cap back and forth to the beat. Hip Hop Hooray! Ho! Hey! Ho!) and set Coolio in place from '95, flannel on, hair braided, snow coming down in April, and you get the idea of how well the show went off. Fantastic Voyage, indeed.
That sounds like a blast! Much cooler than listening to Coolio from my car seat. I was very good at singing the "Hey! Ho! Hey!" 😂

That sounds like a blast! Much cooler than listening to Coolio from my car seat. I was very good at singing the "Hey! Ho! Hey!" 😂
Heh. Probably so...but listening to music in the car on car trips is vastly underrated when rank ordering (hello, Eephus) life's pleasant moments.

I will say that pulling up to a stop sign with a guy not using dampening equipment on his subs so that they shake, rattle, and roll is for the birds, but otherwise music in the car is a darn fine enterprise.

I was an original owner in Uber. The intra-team dynamics did me in after a few years but that was largely because Mr. Harrier (Hrrrrrrr) was part of the team.

My final act was to lose an argument with our franchise's "new basketball guy" about who to take first in the Hoops minidraft. I was pushing for rookie Steph Curry, he drafted Courtney Lee.
I was pushed out of whatever team I joined with first which left a sour taste in my mouth for a bit, but it's been me and Zilla and assorted basketball gurus for the past several years and it's all been smooth. 

I was the hired gun hockey guy and then a few years back took over baseball too. Then this year I took on football as well, our basketball guy left and Zilla took over it. So it's largely become my baby in recent years but JZ gets equal credit for building the base of our football team and scratching and clawing our basketball team to where it needed to get. 

Movies

Rd 382 Up Where We Belong by Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes from An Officer and a Gentleman 

listen up poopybutts, this song won a Grammy, Oscar, Golden Globe, hit number 1 on the Hot 100 and RIAA named it one of the hits of the century but the makers of the movie didn’t love it and it was far from their first choice for the film. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What's Richard Gere doing these days?  Anything?  He was a very good actor along with being that hot.  Surprised he's not still out there making anything notable.
I've told this story before. Richard Gere and Cindy Crawford, when married, had a house designed in CT for themselves. I met a girl whose family worked on the house in some capacity. It was not very hush-hush that they had separate entrances. I imagine the non hush-hushness of the whole shebang (or shedoesn't) probably adversely affected his movie career, despite how forward-thinking Hollywood claims to be. It also didn't help when right after the Twin Towers fell he was preaching Buddhist peace reconciliation in front of those very towers. Ouch.

Also I realize that made it sound like my mom is dead. She’s not, I just expect her feelings on those subjects may have changed in the last 39 years.
I, for one, knew she was still kicking. Good that you clarified, though. Too funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's Richard Gere doing these days?  Anything?  He was a very good actor along with being that hot.  Surprised he's not still out there making anything notable.
Last movie I remember seeing him in was as one of the incarnations of Bob Dylan (I think it was his born again phase) in “He’s Not There”. Cate Blanchette played a version of Dylan also. That was probably like 10 years ago now though.

Last movie I remember seeing him in was as one of the incarnations of Bob Dylan (I think it was his born again phase) in “He’s Not There”. Cate Blanchette played a version of Dylan also. That was probably like 10 years ago now though.
Cate Blanchette played him in that scene where he meets the Velvet Underground or something, right? She's got the hair and the Wayfarers going. That was an interesting concept for a movie.

Not sure, I know he is a huge guitar collector though- one of the biggest in the world so I imagine listening to a lot of records.

By the way, Cindy Crawford cannot sing. Can't hit a note. Can't even be auto-tuned to hit that note. Remember the Charlie ads, her perfume she was hawking?

Worse than Cocker

Chaaaraaaaarrrrrrliiieeeeee 🎵🤮
She was so hot (both sexually and just as a star model) that I remember her being forced into all these avenues trying to capitalize on it. She wasn't an actress either. What was that awful movie she did with one of the Baldwins?

She was so hot (both sexually and just as a star model) that I remember her being forced into all these avenues trying to capitalize on it. She wasn't an actress either. What was that awful movie she did with one of the Baldwins?
Fair Game. Ooh boy, was her acting ever such for the critics.

Ilov80s said:
Cool. Just totally off topic but if someone wanted to explore Neil a bit more, what’s the best album or 2 in your opinion?
Depends on what you're into, but IMO Rust Never Sleeps has the best of both worlds -- some of his best acoustic stuff on side 1, some of his best electric stuff on side 2. It's what I rank as #1; every single one of its songs made my top 101 countdown. More best electric stuff: Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, Zuma, Ragged Glory. More best acoustic stuff: After the Gold Rush, Harvest, Harvest Moon. Tonight's the Night and On the Beach are considered masterpieces by the hardcore fans, but they're not as accessible to newbies as the other ones I mentioned. Your average boomer rock critic usually cites Rust Never Sleeps, After the Gold Rush and Tonight's the Night as the best ones. 

Movies

Rd 382 Up Where We Belong by Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes from An Officer and a Gentleman 

listen up poopybutts, this song won a Grammy, Oscar, Golden Globe, hit number 1 on the Hot 100 and RIAA named it one of the hits of the century but the makers of the movie didn’t love it and it was far from their first choice for the film. 
Did Jennifer Warnes do anything other than movie duets with older dudes? 

Users who are viewing this thread