What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza Presents: FG Radio - Tons of Lithium but very little Chill (4 Viewers)

Round 56

3 Strange Days - School of Fish (90s on 9)
Thank you.  I was thinking of this song in the middle rounds but I couldn't remember the artist or title.  The only things I remembered was the riff and that Davey Faragher was in the band (or so I thought). 

It turns out Faragher and School of Fish guitarist Michael Ward both were in John Hiatt's touring band so I wasn't totally off.

Thank you.  I was thinking of this song in the middle rounds but I couldn't remember the artist or title.  The only things I remembered was the riff and that Davey Faragher was in the band (or so I thought). 

It turns out Faragher and School of Fish guitarist Michael Ward both were in John Hiatt's touring band so I wasn't totally off.
I saw them play for free in courtyard of the WTC back when the song was out. 

I owe a ton here, sorry all.  We were camping all of Thanksgiving week and the internet was spotty at best.  I'll try to catch up.  You can't really "search" the excel (or I don't know how) so if I make a pick someone has made let me know.

46.xx  Yacht Rock -  Steal Away - Robbie Dupree

46.xx  80s on 8 - Feel It Again - Honeymoon Suite

47.xx  Road Trip Radio - Take The Long Way Home - Supertramp

48.xx  Road Trip Radio - Days Go By - Keith Urban

49.xx  50s on 5 - Then He Kissed Me - The Crystals

50.xx  50s on 5 - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow - The Shirelles

51.xx  Chill - Gooey - Glass Animals

52.xx  Classic Rewind - Rhythm of Love - Yes

53.xx  XMU - Norway - Beach House

54.xx  XMU - Deceptacon - Le Tigre

55.xx  90s on 9 - You Get What You Give - New Radicals

56.xx  First Wave - Hourglass - Squeeze

57.xx  The Heat - U 2 Love - Ne-Yo & Jeremih

None of these are on playlists I'm maintaining.

The Joint (reggae)

Underground Garage  NEW

Faction (modern punk)

Fly (90s/00s hop hop r&b)
This will be interesting. The channel description is basically "songs that rock, regardless of when they were released." Doesn't necessarily have to be "underground," whatever that means. 

This will be interesting. The channel description is basically "songs that rock, regardless of when they were released." Doesn't necessarily have to be "underground," whatever that means. 
This is my go-to channel when "My Love" and the like are on the Beatles Channel.  It includes songs that don't rock, too.  I don't know how to describe it well, but I will be here to mock anyone who doesn't choose properly.

Round 58.xx

Category: Faction

Song: Is Survived By

Artist: Touché Amoré

How about another testament for artistic endeavors as bestowing an earthly immortality? I'll take it. 

So notify my next of kin
And let them know there's so much more to believe in
It doesn't have to be based on blood
Because the next in line shouldn't have to know what they're made of

This is survived by who held me up
This is survived by who sang the song
And that sense of purpose has made it all worth it

So write a song that everyone can sing along to
So when you're gone you can live on, they won't forget you

This is survived by a love, this is survived by a cause;
That you aren't the only who remembers what it was
This is survived by a love, this is survived by a wish;
That you won't let down who has attached themselves to it
This is survived by a love, this is survived by a fear;
That all that's left when said and done is words you will never ever hear

&

This is my go-to channel when "My Love" and the like are on the Beatles Channel.  It includes songs that don't rock, too.  I don't know how to describe it well, but I will be here to mock anyone who doesn't choose properly.
Yeah, looking at the recent playlists, there's a ton of stuff that doesn't rock. Seems like it's stuff your cool Boomer uncle and Gen-X cousins would have in their collections. You know, the ones who always brought weed to the family gatherings that everyone took turns puffing behind the shed. 

I was pleasantly surprised to find one song on there that's obscure but I love. Unfortunately it's not on Spotify, but a similar one that I love equally from the same album is, so that's where I'm going tomorrow morning. Evening pick still way up in the air. 

Just saw that Underground Garage is Little Steven's show. It used to be in syndication. I don't know what they play on XM, but there are certainly very much nuggets that can attest to its punkness. His show was straight out of Cavestomp! and those garage revivalist festivals that went on in the aughts from songs that were around '64-'67 with attitude. Then that expands to include psychedelia and all that.

Fertile category to pick from.

Just saw that Underground Garage is Little Steven's show. It used to be in syndication. I don't know what they play on XM, but there are certainly very much nuggets that can attest to its punkness. His show was straight out of Cavestomp! and those garage revivalist festivals that went on in the aughts from songs that were around '64-'67 with attitude. Then that expands to include psychedelia and all that.

Fertile category to pick from.
I may load the dice so this comes up all week.

Round 59:

Underground Garage channel

Murder in My Heart for the Judge -- Moby Grape

Moby Grape is one of the most frustrating stories in music history -- we are lucky that their tale did not end as tragically as Badfinger's*. Early on, they signed a management contract so horrible that it restricts access to their music -- and their original members' ability to perform under the band name -- to this day. That and a number of missteps by their record company meant that their music, most of which was brilliant, has never been appreciated at more than a cult level. Their first (Moby Grape) and third (Moby Grape '69) albums are among the best discs released by anyone in the '60s.

The second, Wow, was not nearly as good, but boasts two killer songs. I noticed one of those had recently been played on the actual Underground Garage channel, but it is not on Spotify. Luckily the other one is, so I'm taking that. All five members contributed songs and vocals; this one was written by guitarist Jerry Miller and drummer Don Stevenson and sung by bassist Bob Mosley. 

* - As far as I know, no one in the band committed suicide, but guitarist/singer Skip Spence (who played drums on the first Jefferson Airplane album before joining the Grape) suffered from schizophrenia and was dismissed from the band after he went after Stevenson with an axe. His solo album Oar is also a cult classic. He spent much of the rest of his life battling drug problems and died of lung cancer in 1999. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread