What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (4 Viewers)

Again, if the election is being "stolen", why are the Democrats not racking up the seats in the Senate?
Why move back observers & cover windows & put up cardboard petitions?

I'm not sure what Trump can do (ultimately), but the nonsense has to stop, win or lose.

This has to be done.

Amazing that his opening statement, as mentioned, was that if you look at the legal votes, he won, but if you include all the illegal votes, he lost.  Just such an incredible lie that no sane person will believe.   :no:   As others noted, ABC World News Tonight cut out rather quickly and started fact checking him. 

Crazy talk:

"If you look at Philadelphia and Detroit, two of the most corrupt cities ..."  ("Hey, staff, why am I not drawing votes in the cities??")

Also talking about Philly taping paper on the windows and Republican observers needing to use binoculars because they were being kept so far away.  

--

Georgia down to 3,600 vote gap ....

My Facebook newsfeed continues to be littered with this as well. So hard not to respond. 
I actually pulled the plug on my facebook account. I deleted it. Facebook is giving me thirty days to make sure I really want to delete it, lol.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
If Mike Pence has any shred of honor left in him at all he would call the cabinet together now, invoke their powers under the 25th Amendment and remove this man from our highest office, and then apologize to the American people, encourage the vote counters to do their job and get ready for the transition.

I won't hold my breathe. 

I really don't understand this. All they had were sharpies at my polling place and we are in the bluest of blue neighborhoods. Why wouldn't the machine read a sharpie? Technologically that doesn't even make sense. 
Thats what makes it funny. I live with these people.

If Mike Pence has any shred of honor left in him at all he would call the cabinet together now, invoke their powers under the 25th Amendment and remove this man from our highest office, and then apologize to the American people, encourage the vote counters to do their job and get ready for the transition.

I won't hold my breathe. 
yes

Congratulations GOP. This is what you are and have become.  I would say you should be ashamed but the last 4 years have proved you have none. 

You actually let that occupy the office held by Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower and Ronald Reagan. 

Anything else I could type would break every rule here. Twice.
Amen

I am unnecessarily annoyed every time I see that they still won't call Alaska for Trump.   California/Oregon/Washington were called like 20 seconds after the polls closed.
I find it odd as a Biden voter yelling at the tv to call Alaska for Trump. OCD taking over.

Watching the various members of the GOP start to distance themselves from him at varying speeds as this starts tumbling is going to be amazing. 
Honestly why do you think that will happen?  He’s made many disgusting speeches in the past and nobody has stood up to him.

Amazing that his opening statement, as mentioned, was that if you look at the legal votes, he won, but if you include all the illegal votes, he lost.  Just such an incredible lie that no sane person will believe.   :no:   As others noted, ABC World News Tonight cut out rather quickly and started fact checking him. 

Crazy talk:

"If you look at Philadelphia and Detroit, two of the most corrupt cities ..."  ("Hey, staff, why am I not drawing votes in the cities??")
I figured you'd be insulted that Chicago wasn't mentioned in that part of the rant.   :P

The only thing that resonated with me in this speech was the talk of suppression polling.  Let's face it - what was done this election year there was disgraceful.  And the fact that CNN was found to be the worst of the polling orgs makes perfect sense.

I really don't understand this. All they had were sharpies at my polling place and we are in the bluest of blue neighborhoods. Why wouldn't the machine read a sharpie? Technologically that doesn't even make sense. 
And mine.

And the different one my wife went to. (incidentally, big fan of the pick your own polling place change)

And with a record number of votes being counted...

Imagine what THE REAL turnout would have been if they hadn't given Trump voters the disappearing ink Sharpies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it means . . . 

Trump alleges fraud
Trump alleges attempts to rig election
Yes but they pretty much trashed him after the speech pointing out all these States with GOP Governors and SoS and if there was all this cheating in Georgia and Arizona, they would be investigating and speaking. They said the silence of the GOP tells us all we need to know, the President is adrift. 

i had been a bit annoyed with Van Jones today for bringing up the race card so many times today, but the explanation just now about explicitly pointing at Detroit and Philadelphia just gave me a new sense of where he was coming from. once again reminded not to assume anything when it comes to racial issues.

Well, my wife just talked me out of making my first political post ever. She's probably right, but what I just saw is an absolute embarassment and it's hard not to publicly express such. 
There's just no point dude.  What's the upside?

I'd hope that's what the investigations & court battles will be about.

There's no need for making obsevrvers stand back, having paper on windows, & cardboard petitions up if you're running things on the up & up.

This isn't too hard to comprehend.
Whatever man.  Support what and who you want.  I can respect that.  Just know that the results are what they are and democracy will win over lunacy in the end.

Why move back observers & cover windows & put up cardboard petitions?

I'm not sure what Trump can do (ultimately), but the nonsense has to stop, win or lose.

This has to be done.
So why is Trump against the counting of the votes that are coming in in Pennsylvania and North Carolina and Georgia. But OK with the votes being counted in Arizona where he just said on the conference that he’s doing well and only needs 55% of the remaining votes that are being counted there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its been abundantly clear no one has or wants control of him. They just attach like a leech and get theirs.

Yes I'm more and more pissed off by the minute. He should be removed from office tonight for what he just did. 
You and I obviously do similar work. Our work sometimes entails us formally alleging bad facts that we don't know to be true (but make them because we don't know them to be false and it helps our goal). I try to make these allegations with a certain degree of decorum and professionalism. I think most others in the profession do as well. When the decision doesn't go our way we don't throw public fits. I think the worst I've seen is a prosecutor slam down her pen. 

That we elected a man so contrary to the sense of this professionalism and decorum is an absolute embarassment to me as an American. If I have a friend or a family member say something in support of him in the future I genuinely don't know how I can respect that person going forward.

I'd hope that's what the investigations & court battles will be about.

There's no need for making obsevrvers stand back, having paper on windows, & cardboard petitions if you're running things on the up & up.

This isn't too hard to comprehend.
Detroit had 250 D and 250 R challengers in the TCF Center as votes were counted. The President is openly lying. Just like he has since the day he was elected when he kept insisting it was the biggest win ever and biggest inauguration turn out ever. 

There's just no point dude.  What's the upside?
For sure. That was my wife's point as well. You're both right. My thought process was, "well, most of my Trump-loving friends on here do respect me professionally, so maybe I can get through to them if I solely point out how unprofessional that was..."

Users who are viewing this thread