What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (2 Viewers)

As your self-appointed Philly beat writer, I just got back from the Convention Center. Tons of news vans

Trump supporters are right in front of the CC. A few Trump/Pence signs and one handwritten Stop The Steal. A woman was screaming into a bullhorn, but I couldn't understand her.

Count Every Vote on the other side and spilling down the cross street. Different clergy are speaking. Selling a lot of Count Every Vote sweatshirts. This crowd is larger. but neither is super huge. The sides aren't "interacting" just doing their thing.

I"m sorry but this is too much:

John Santucci @Santucci

12m

Vibe in the President’s inner circle this morning is a bit of a stalemate. Many discussions of what to do next & they are splitting into two roads. (1) what legal challenges are possible (2) dusting off the plans for a “Trump TV” like network should this end

ohn Santucci @Santucci

8m

On life after, anger at Fox / Murdoch family cannot be understated. Should he lose, Trump wants to destroy Fox - aides believe they can steal hosts Hannity & Carlson. Sources believe Trump will never admit he lost should we get there - instead stick with “rigged” “fraud” “stolen”

John Santucci @Santucci

12m

Vibe in the President’s inner circle this morning is a bit of a stalemate. Many discussions of what to do next & they are splitting into two roads. (1) what legal challenges are possible (2) dusting off the plans for a “Trump TV” like network should this end

ohn Santucci @Santucci

8m

On life after, anger at Fox / Murdoch family cannot be understated. Should he lose, Trump wants to destroy Fox - aides believe they can steal hosts Hannity & Carlson. Sources believe Trump will never admit he lost should we get there - instead stick with “rigged” “fraud” “stolen”
Doesnt Hannity make like 20mil per year? 

As your self-appointed Philly beat writer, I just got back from the Convention Center. Tons of news vans

Trump supporters are right in front of the CC. A few Trump/Pence signs and one handwritten Stop The Steal. A woman was screaming into a bullhorn, but I couldn't understand her.

Count Every Vote on the other side and spilling down the cross street. Different clergy are speaking. Selling a lot of Count Every Vote sweatshirts. This crowd is larger. but neither is super huge. The sides aren't "interacting" just doing their thing.
Sounds like the scene from Ghostbusters...

John Santucci @Santucci

12m

ohn Santucci @Santucci

8m

This fills me with so much energy I could fly to the moon. 

Yeah I just assumed Trump would buy OAN (if he has the money/credit available to do so) rebrand it as Trump TV and roll. 

He'll never forgive fox for calling Arizona. 

Return to normalcy.

That’s what this election means.

To me. Maybe it means something different to you.
This is a non sequitur.  I didn't say anything about what this election means to you, to me, to anyone.  I said that the GOP is seldom punished for misbehavior and even when it is it is short lived. While Trump seems to be being voted out in a narrow fashion  (at least in key electoral battleground states) the GOP otherwise won more than they lost this time around.  I don't want to belabor this point any more, but I think expecting that voters would punish the GOP for additional antics between now and 1/20 is just not likely.  No matter how new and abhorrent.  The GOP getting away with type of stuff  is normal.  It is not what I want.   If I am wish casting I'm hoping for the future results you and @mr roboto    asserted.  I want to be wrong.  I want a new normal where the uncompromising, "winning", "all is fair" behavior is punished for a change.  I just don't see it.  Sorry to be a killjoy, to be a pessimist at this moment.  Let us pray that you are right and this time is different.   Please!  Pretty please!  A cherry on top!   

Yeah I just assumed Trump would buy OAN (if he has the money/credit available to do so) rebrand it as Trump TV and roll. 

He doesn’t have the money. Somebody could fund it for him and brand his name on it I guess. 

The unintended consequences of Trump TV is it could actually save CNN and MSNBC because it would give them something to talk about.

I don't think his normal lenders will be interested in giving him any more money now that he can't help them.

John Santucci @Santucci

12m

ohn Santucci @Santucci

8m

This would be awesome!  But if they release those two from their contracts early, they should make him take Laura Ingraham and Judge Judy also.  That would be a fair exchange.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right. The modern Republican Party has shown over and over it has no qualms about weakening and outright attacking foundational rights and institutions of this democracy. No, it’s never been perfect. But they’ve done their damnedest to turn it into a joke, a banana republic. It wasn’t just Trump at all, it was the entire party, and they got their constituents on board, no matter the cost. This isn’t just going to go away with Trump, and they have not been held accountable for this at all—they pretty much held steady or gained everywhere that isn’t the presidency, despite everything. Things are not just going to “go back to normal” (maybe for some of you, if you’re privileged enough to be able to stop caring again) now. And that’s setting aside their current narrative that this is essentially a coup, an illegal and stolen election. If they don’t let that go in a matter of days, it’s going to be even worse than I’ve already alluded to. American politics, and the dynamic between the Republican Party and all of our institutions, is forever changed. 

John Santucci @Santucci

12m

ohn Santucci @Santucci

8m

He should start by telling all his supporters not to vote in the Georgia Senate runoffs. That’ll show’em!

Is that supposed to be a negative? 

You still have to request a mail in ballot and take time to get it done. 

And there's a pandemic.

What are you trying to accomplish with this post?
Wasn’t he the one posting yesterday that if this keeps up, Pandora’s Box will be open and democracy will be doomed bc everyone will be able to vote in huge droves by mail every election? Or am I mixing him up with someone else 

Nevada Attorney General Aaron Ford on CBS responding to Trump campaign: "This six-page complaint that they filed late last night is, in a word, garbage."

Amazing. Every one of these lawyers must be Troy McClure Lionel Hutz. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn’t he the one posting yesterday that if this keeps up, Pandora’s Box will be open and democracy will be doomed bc everyone will be able to vote in huge droves by mail every election? Or am I mixing him up with someone else 
I think his main points have been skepticism at the projected percentage of remaining votes changing and being so heavily skewed to democrats. I don't recall anything about mail-in votes...but I'm not a regular here, so grains of salt and all 

True but he is losing power by the hour. 
Yes. He’s changed the Republican Party forever, but he personally will be irrelevant other than some wacko cultists very soon. Look at Romney. He disappeared completely for a while. They welcomed him back like a favored uncle who hadn’t come to thanksgiving in a while, but can you tell he’s the man and the engine that the entire multi-billion dollar Republican machine supported less than a decade ago? No, not at all. And he’s actually fairly respected. 

From NYT:

Philadelphia officials said they’d release another update of votes from the city today, between 2,000 and 3,000 votes. The remaining 40,000 votes could take a few more days. 

Philadelphia officials said that the remaining 40,000 ballots there fall into three categories: they require review, are provisional or are from military or overseas voters.

Nevada’s Clark County, home to Democratic stronghold Las Vegas, still has 63,000 ballots to be counted. So far every update from Clark has helped Biden. Next update by 7 p.m. ET.

John Santucci @Santucci

12m

ohn Santucci @Santucci

8m

So you're saying Biden as President is only the 2nd best result of the election?

I love those folks complaining about still being charged for donations to Trump's re-election after it was/is over. Lol. Really? This guy and  :moneybag:  

assuming Joe holds on to win, and regardless what shenanigans may occur over the next 2 months, the Democrats need to do some hard analysis on why someone like Trump was able to gain the support of almost half the country, and address it within the next 4 years. or we could be right back here again.
Which I don't think they will. Spanberger was livid over this on the Dem caucus call yesterday. Pelosi is now saying "Biden has a bigger mandate than JFK."

The wrong lessons will be drawn. 

Nevada Attorney General Aaron Ford on CBS responding to Trump campaign: "This six-page complaint that they filed late last night is, in a word, garbage."

Amazing. Every one of these lawyers must be Troy McClure Lionel Hutz. 
Trumps suing strategy involves tying up cases in the courts so that the other party eventually gives up or settles for less.  He's not used to one-day turnarounds on frivolous lawsuits.  Someone needs to tell him that strategy isn't going to work this time.

assuming Joe holds on to win, and regardless what shenanigans may occur over the next 2 months, the Democrats need to do some hard analysis on why someone like Trump was able to gain the support of almost half the country, and address it within the next 4 years. or we could be right back here again.
Americans problem isn't political it's culture. The two sides don't even believe in the same things anymore. You can't vote that away. That's why (kinda of jokingly) this country needs a divorce.  This is a marriage that has gone bad. 

Just have the State of Oregon run the country's election.  We've been voting by mail exclusively since 1998.  It's glorious and it's accurate and it's the way it should be done country wide.

Americans problem isn't political it's culture. The two sides don't even believe in the same things anymore. You can't vote that away. That's why (kinda of jokingly) this country needs a divorce.  This is a marriage that has gone bad. 
Agreed.  Trump might be gone if these results hold, but the rhetoric is here to stay.  Make no mistake about it - the GOP did very well in this election, despite potentially losing the presidency.  "Trumpism" isn't going away anytime soon.  This election result appears to be a repudiation of Trump the person, not "Trumpism" the political philosophy.

Agreed.  Trump might be gone if these results hold, but the rhetoric is here to stay.  Make no mistake about it - the GOP did very well in this election, despite potentially losing the presidency.  "Trumpism" isn't going away anytime soon.  This election result appears to be a repudiation of Trump the person, not "Trumpism" the political philosophy.
it's not even that.  It's a repudiation in urban areas for sure but an embrace in rural.

Someone's gonna write a best-seller tell-all book about what it was like being in the Trump inner-circle for the few days leading up to election day, and the few days in the aftermath.  I don't read political books, but I might pick that one up.
Ive enjoyed both Fear and Rage as well as Mary Trumps book.  Worth the reads/listens.

Users who are viewing this thread