What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (5 Viewers)

Potentially dangerous? Dangerous to who? The left? I guess.

We still don't know if the election was compromised.
When people are very passionate about a cause and things don’t go their way, you cannot rule out the possibility of violence.  This isn’t a left or right thing.  There would be a potential for violence coming from both sides. I’m not implying that every single Trump loyalist will turn to violence but I’m almost certain that there will be some who do.  Look at how Trump talks - he’s fueling the fire.  And I’m pretty damn sure that he’s meticulous in the words that he chooses.

When people are very passionate about a cause and things don’t go their way, you cannot rule out the possibility of violence.  This isn’t a left or right thing.  There would be a potential for violence coming from both sides. I’m not implying that every single Trump loyalist will turn to violence but I’m almost certain that there will be some who do.  Look at how Trump talks - he’s fueling the fire.  And I’m pretty damn sure that he’s meticulous in the words that he chooses.
I'm not expecting much, if any, in the way of riots or other widespread violence. Not much in the way of small scale violence either.

I experienced a MAGA rally traffic on I-4 in Orlando today with an entire lane of vehicles going 40 mph or less. It was not cool. I was spared from another one in Tampa on I-4 eastbound later on, but it was still clogging up the road and causing a problem. What is the point of these rallies? Hoping for a better golf score today?

Last edited by a moderator:
I experienced a MAGA rally traffic on I-4 in Orlando today with an entire lane of vehicles going 40 mph or less. It was not cool. I was spared from another one in Tampa on I-4 eastbound later on, but it was still clogging up the road and causing a problem. What is the point of these rallies? Hoping for a better golf score today?
If they can't have their unrestricted freedom, then they're going to ruin it for everyone else.

BLM protests have been shutting or slowing down traffic for a while and no one seems to care then.  I don't agree with these rallies today, and think the Trump base needs to get over it (including Trump), but you can't have it both ways.  If it was okay for BLM to shut down highways and block traffic, then it has to be okay for those today to do it as well, right?  Assuming they keep it peaceful. 

BLM protests have been shutting or slowing down traffic for a while and no one seems to care then.  I don't agree with these rallies today, and think the Trump base needs to get over it (including Trump), but you can't have it both ways.  If it was okay for BLM to shut down highways and block traffic, then it has to be okay for those today to do it as well, right?  Assuming they keep it peaceful. 
I don’t think either is okay fwiw. This was on a freakin interstate. 

:lmao:

These have been going on for weeks around here....no idea what the ourpose is

BLM protests unequal treatment by police - clear civil rights violations that have been happening for hundreds of year's.  

What are MAGA protesting?

Bill Walton likes to tell the story of how when he was at UCLA he participated in a Vietnam War protest that blocked Wilshire Blvd. His coach, John Wooden, had to pick up Walton from the police station, and as they were driving away, Wooden asked him gently, “Did it ever occur to you Bill that somebody with an emergency might be trying to get to the hospital and you were preventing it?” Walton said no, he hadn’t thought about it. And he never participated in a protest that blocked traffic again in his life. 

Blocking traffic for a protest, without a permit,  isn’t ever justified. Full stop. 

We're makin' progress, folks. Today, Trump tweeted "He won".

Granted, it was followed by "because the Election was Rigged" and "I concede NOTHING!" but I still think it's a sign that Trump has progressed from denial to anger in his stages of grief.

Granted, it was followed by "because the Election was Rigged" and "I concede NOTHING!" but I still think it's a sign that Trump has progressed from denial to anger in his stages of grief.
Bargaining is next, that should be his wheelhouse...Art of the Deal and all that.  He’ll manage to concede AND admit to having voted for Biden too, going of his past “successes” as a gauge

As sad as it is that he tweets and talks like that...sadder still to me is that so so many people still believe it.  Just flat out refuse to believe anything other than rigged or cheated.

Actually he deleted the "He won" tweet, so it still is not really a concession, particularly with the qualifying language of the subsequent tweet.   :kicksrock:

BLM protests unequal treatment by police - clear civil rights violations that have been happening for hundreds of year's.  

What are MAGA protesting?
I am not saying all protests are created equal, just that certain circumstances are bound to happen no matter who is doing the protesting or how we may disagree with what they are protesting.  I find this whole MAGA protesting thing to be a crying shame, but to reiterate what I said yesterday, if they are doing it peacefully, let them do it and get it out of their system. 

Giuliani wrecks Trump campaign's well-laid legal plans. A lot of interesting info but this is stands out the most. 

Giuliani's promotion also threatens to complicate a legal apparatus that has been in the works since June. The campaign began assembling a team of lawyers in swing states and counties where recounts might take place.
So if they really was fraud had plenty of time to stop it or at least call the authorities to catch the perpetrators in the act. Of course as many have speculated there's no widespread voting fraud. This was just their plan to try and steal the election for Trump. 

If they can't have their unrestricted freedom, then they're going to ruin it for everyone else.
See also: masks

If there's one thing both sides can agree on...blocking or restricting traffic is very, very stupid.

2Squirrels1Nut said:
As someone that isn't on Twitter
Too bad more don't do this.  It's largely a cesspool of ignorance.

Giuliani wrecks Trump campaign's well-laid legal plans. A lot of interesting info but this is stands out the most. 

Giuliani's promotion also threatens to complicate a legal apparatus that has been in the works since June. The campaign began assembling a team of lawyers in swing states and counties where recounts might take place.
So if they really was fraud had plenty of time to stop it or at least call the authorities to catch the perpetrators in the act. Of course as many have speculated there's no widespread voting fraud. This was just their plan to try and steal the election for Trump. 
Reading that article ... Giuliani may be an American hero after all.

EDIT: Not joking -- he might be something of a double-agent.

What's the over/under on how long Barr lasts after Biden is inaugutated? Either through resignation or being dismissed?

I would think it would be under a week, but I have a feeling he resigns the next day.

Let's hope the GA recount comes in with little change and this shuts down any future nonsense talk of "millions of votes being changed from Trump to Biden."

With GA having had a recount, and AZ not having a recount, that would be enough and hopefully the power brokers in the GOP would pressure Trump to do the right thing. 

Anyone following this Sidney Powell "bomb" that's supposed to drop regarding a software "glitch" in Michigan that- when  corrected- supposedly switched 6,000 votes from Biden to Trump?? Claiming 47 more counties to be "corrected."

Sounds to me like all the rest of the nonsense being spouted by the GOP, but haven't seen anything up in here yet...

Anyone following this Sidney Powell "bomb" that's supposed to drop regarding a software "glitch" in Michigan that- when  corrected- supposedly switched 6,000 votes from Biden to Trump?? Claiming 47 more counties to be "corrected."

Sounds to me like all the rest of the nonsense being spouted by the GOP, but haven't seen anything up in here yet...
Some people have been posting about it here, yeah. 

Don't think anything has been filed by her yet. Here's a couple to watch.

https://www.democracydocket.com/case_type/post-election/

https://mobile.twitter.com/marceelias

In Wisconsin, the counties are canvassing now and are all getting their ducks in a row for a recount if it happens.  The deadline (I believe) is 11/17.  About 75% of the canvassing is complete, with no meaningful change so far (Trump lost a few hundred votes in one county due to a typo in reporting the unofficial results).  If the result of the canvassing is within 1% (which will almost certainly be the case), a candidate may request a recount within 3 days.  The GOP has indicated it will do so, but I think that is still a very open question.  If the result of the canvassing is under .25% difference, the state pays for the recount.  It seems mostly likely the result will be greater than .25%, but less than 1%, which means the requesting party (Trump campaign) will have to pay the estimated $3mil cost for a recount.  That's a surprising number to me, but that's about what it cost in 2016 (Stein campaign requested it, but the Democrats/Clinton campaign reportedly paid for it.)  Given that cost, it truly seems like a fool's errand.  My guess is we will not have a recount in Wisconsin.
Not that it matters much anymore, but ... 

The Wisconsin Election Commission reported today that the Trump campaign has until Wednesday to seek a recount in Wisconsin, as canvassing is largely completed.  Contrary to my estimate above, the commission noted today a recount of the entire state will cost about $8mil due to costs associated with the coronavirus, needing to rent large spaces, equipment, etc.  However, the campaign can limit its request to certain counties, presumably cutting that cost quite a bit -- so they could pick the 2 largest counties carried by Biden - Milwaukee and Dane - and see if they can make up the 20k difference (they won't).  There has been an aggressive fundraising campaign here to fund the recount - proceeds of which can be used to retire the Trump campaign debt if they don't seek a recount, which I think would be best.

Looks like she’s claiming the CIA is behind rigging the election. Also their slogan seems to be “release the krakken”

Let's hope the GA recount comes in with little change and this shuts down any future nonsense talk of "millions of votes being changed from Trump to Biden."

With GA having had a recount, and AZ not having a recount, that would be enough and hopefully the power brokers in the GOP would pressure Trump to do the right thing. 
2/3s done...no significant findings.  

2/3s done...no significant findings.  
And when the hand count matches the machine count, Trump and his supporters will likely move on from the Domion scandal to yet another one.  Perhaps the 11,000 accusations of fraud?  BTW, 11,000 accusations of fraud soley centered on the states Trump lost closely this year.  I'm guessing no accusations in the states Trump won and amazingly enough none in 2016 when Trump won.

Yet Trump and his supporters will insist that "they just want a fair election."

Hillary conceded the next day and Trump was afforded every right of a president elect.  Why are things different now?

How did we get here?  Oh that's right, Trump has been talking about a rigged election so therefore half the country thinks the election was rigged.

Looks like she’s claiming the CIA is behind rigging the election. Also their slogan seems to be “release the krakken”
The same people that wrap themselves in the flag and scream how the left doesn't support law enforcement. It's quite unbelievable how they are continued to be allowed to play both sides of just about every issue. 

I agree. It's not a big deal in terms of fraud, but it's a pretty big deal in terms of the state of Georgia bragging about their election procedures.
It's a decently large number in and of itself but when compared to 5M total votes it's not really even a drop in the bucket.

So Biden wins by 12k or 13k instead of 14k.

Could have turned the 2000 election in FL, right?
Irrelevant to the current election.  If it's an 800 - 1k vote pickup for one candidate, it's still in the range of normal.

Obviously I'd prefer that every single vote in every single precinct was counted but unfortunately mistakes happen.  A handcount in all 50 states would reveal other mistakes of similar magnitude I'd wager. 

Apparently the Georgia recount found 2600 unprocessed ballots. They may end up giving Trump a net gain of ~800 votes.
I don't live far from Floyd County - I'm certain that Republicans run the county and from reading it sounds like the secretary of state asked the guy in charge to step down and he probably should.

WI Election Commission has estimated that it will cost trump $7.9 mil for a recount and his campaign has until Wednesday to decide.  It also has to be paid up front so they can't stiff on the bill.  
I won't discuss the recount because I'm at risk of a timeout for doing so, but if the deadline for the decision is Wednesday, do you know what the deadline is for paying? Or what the recount timeline is?

Users who are viewing this thread