What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (1 Viewer)

I've noticed a lot of the Trump people in my social media have prettymuch turned it off. I'd say 80% are back to posting meals out and such, and maybe sharing an occasional meme about dead people voting. The other 20% are full-on deep state. 
80% have moved to Parler.

In a completely unrelated story, I'm pulling hard for Facebook to buy Parler this year.

Spite's as good a reason as any.

Because many of the people who fled FB for Parler are furious with FB right now?  :shrug:

Just a guess. 
Oh I thought they fled Twitter 
This makes me think of a conversation I was having a few nights ago with my wife.  We have 3 sets of very right leaning MAGA “friends” (1 set are good friend the other 2 are casual friends) who moved outta California in protest the past year over how it’s being run and went to AZ.  Not sure that’s worked out as well as they hoped.  Lol.   

wait...this is a real thing?

From NPR:

Maria Bartiromo, the Fox Business host, declared herself done with Twitter two days after the election.

She tweeted a link to an article that falsely claimed Democrats were trying to steal the election. Twitter hid the post behind a label warning that it contained misleading content. Twitter also notified Bartiromo that someone had complained about her account (even though it did clarify that she had not violated any rules and it was taking no action against her).

For Bartiromo, the label was the last straw.

"This is the same group who abused power in 2016," Bartiromo tweeted to her nearly 900,000 followers. "I will be leaving soon and going to Parler. Please open an account on @parler right away."

Parler, founded in 2018, touts itself as "the world's premier free speech platform." On Saturday, CEO and co-founder John Matze said one of the privately owned company's early investors is Rebekah Mercer, who along with her father, hedge fund billionaire Robert Mercer, has been a backer of President Trump and is also a major donor to conservative causes, including Breitbart News and former White House strategist Steve Bannon.

"John and I started Parler to provide a neutral platform for free speech," Rebekah Mercer wrote on Parler on Saturday. She went on to condemn "the ever increasing tyranny and hubris of our tech overlords."

The company puts few restrictions on what users can post. That has made it attractive to high-profile conservatives who claim Facebook and Twitter are censoring them, even though there is no evidence for these allegations of systemic anti-conservative bias.

Facebook and Twitter have stepped up their fight against misinformation in the weeks leading up to and following the election. They have removed groups, slapped warnings on posts and reduced the spread of the most egregious false claims of voter fraud.

"The success of Parler is partly because people understand that they're getting censored," Bartiromo said, while conducting an interview with Matze on her show. "Have Twitter and Facebook gone too far?" she asked.

"Once you start content curation and you start fact-checking, you're introducing bias," Matze replied.

Footballguys.com admin Mark Levin told listeners he was "fed up" with Facebook, where his page reaches 1.6 million followers, after the company restricted his account for repeatedly sharing false information.

"I want to strongly encourage you to leave Facebook and to follow me on Parler," he said. "I won't be looking at Facebook anymore."

Interest in Parler sends app downloads soaring

Thanks to all the attention in recent days, Parler is now one of the most downloaded apps on Apple and Android smartphones. It has hit 10 million members — more than double the 4.5 million it had last week, according to Jeffrey Wernick, the company's chief operating officer.

"Our growth is not attributable to any one person or group, but rather to Parler's efforts to earn our community's trust, both by protecting their privacy, and being transparent about the way in which their content is handled on our platform," Wernick said in a statement.

Still, that is just a tiny fraction of Twitter's 187 million daily users and Facebook's nearly 2 billion.

Parler looks a lot like Twitter: You follow a feed of accounts, which post messages known as "Parleys."

In an interview with NPR this summer, Parler CEO Matze said the app intends to solve a problem he saw on the larger social media platforms. "We found that a lot of people were experiencing or were talking about censorship," he said.

Did Trump cost himself Georgia by discouraging VBM? The GA SOS thinks so.

>> In new intv with me, @GaSecofState says 24,000 GOPs who voted absentee in primary did not vote in General - says Donald Trump cost himself the election by sowing distrust in absentee: "he would have won by 10 thousand votes he actually suppressed, depressed his own voting base. <<

https://mobile.twitter.com/JustinGrayWSB/status/1328782492913033219

so Parler exists basically so people can share false information with each other without accountability? neat.
It's a right wing echo chamber with no censorship, so if you want to make posts about killing liberals or democrats without a moderator taking your post down you can.  To wit:

https://twitter.com/th3j35t3r/status/1327346417933955077/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EmuufjLXYAEqxxE?format=jpg&name=medium

Or, if you're a disgraced former sheriff who lost his job for threatening and violent posts on FB, you can make them absent any worry on Parler:  https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EmuuhQ8XEAMfVTH?format=jpg&name=900x900

It's a right wing echo chamber with no censorship, so if you want to make posts about killing liberals or democrats without a moderator taking your post down you can.  To wit:

Or, if you're a disgraced former sheriff who lost his job for threatening and violent posts on FB, you can make them absent any worry on Parler:  https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EmuuhQ8XEAMfVTH?format=jpg&name=900x900
Hmm, this feels like an opportunity for a mischievous liberal to start spreading misinformation to an overwhelmingly conservative audience.

People are fun. 

In a way I think it is good they have this forum to post their hate uncensored.  It allows law enforcement to keep an eye on people like in the second link

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
In a way I think it is good they have this forum to post their hate uncensored.  It allows law enforcement to keep an eye on people like in the second link
I love the plan of "let's kill more than half of us and we'll have Heaven on Earth." 

wait...this is a real thing?

From NPR:

Maria Bartiromo, the Fox Business host, declared herself done with Twitter two days after the election.

She tweeted a link to an article that falsely claimed Democrats were trying to steal the election. Twitter hid the post behind a label warning that it contained misleading content. Twitter also notified Bartiromo that someone had complained about her account (even though it did clarify that she had not violated any rules and it was taking no action against her).

For Bartiromo, the label was the last straw.

"This is the same group who abused power in 2016," Bartiromo tweeted to her nearly 900,000 followers. "I will be leaving soon and going to Parler. Please open an account on @parler right away."

Parler, founded in 2018, touts itself as "the world's premier free speech platform." On Saturday, CEO and co-founder John Matze said one of the privately owned company's early investors is Rebekah Mercer, who along with her father, hedge fund billionaire Robert Mercer, has been a backer of President Trump and is also a major donor to conservative causes, including Breitbart News and former White House strategist Steve Bannon.

"John and I started Parler to provide a neutral platform for free speech," Rebekah Mercer wrote on Parler on Saturday. She went on to condemn "the ever increasing tyranny and hubris of our tech overlords."

The company puts few restrictions on what users can post. That has made it attractive to high-profile conservatives who claim Facebook and Twitter are censoring them, even though there is no evidence for these allegations of systemic anti-conservative bias.

Facebook and Twitter have stepped up their fight against misinformation in the weeks leading up to and following the election. They have removed groups, slapped warnings on posts and reduced the spread of the most egregious false claims of voter fraud.

"The success of Parler is partly because people understand that they're getting censored," Bartiromo said, while conducting an interview with Matze on her show. "Have Twitter and Facebook gone too far?" she asked.

"Once you start content curation and you start fact-checking, you're introducing bias," Matze replied.

Footballguys.com admin Mark Levin told listeners he was "fed up" with Facebook, where his page reaches 1.6 million followers, after the company restricted his account for repeatedly sharing false information.

"I want to strongly encourage you to leave Facebook and to follow me on Parler," he said. "I won't be looking at Facebook anymore."

Interest in Parler sends app downloads soaring

Thanks to all the attention in recent days, Parler is now one of the most downloaded apps on Apple and Android smartphones. It has hit 10 million members — more than double the 4.5 million it had last week, according to Jeffrey Wernick, the company's chief operating officer.

"Our growth is not attributable to any one person or group, but rather to Parler's efforts to earn our community's trust, both by protecting their privacy, and being transparent about the way in which their content is handled on our platform," Wernick said in a statement.

Still, that is just a tiny fraction of Twitter's 187 million daily users and Facebook's nearly 2 billion.

Parler looks a lot like Twitter: You follow a feed of accounts, which post messages known as "Parleys."

In an interview with NPR this summer, Parler CEO Matze said the app intends to solve a problem he saw on the larger social media platforms. "We found that a lot of people were experiencing or were talking about censorship," he said.
I see what you did there

I saw the footballguys.com reference ;)

I guess that explains the mass exodus from this place...funny that those pissing and moaning about echo chambers flocked to one.  
It's like a constant loop of Hannity, Tucker, and Laura 24-7. 

I guess you have to ask yourself if you would rather be ignorant and right, or informed and wrong?

so Parler exists basically so people can share false information with each other without accountability? neat.

Its easy to see how this plays out (unfortunately) ... people plot deaths on Parler.  People follow through with plots and some folks die.  Parler is sued and shut down.

:eek:

Fact-checking is considered a problem on Parler? Oy.

It's like a constant loop of Hannity, Tucker, and Laura 24-7. 

I guess you have to ask yourself if you would rather be ignorant and right, or informed and wrong?
Had no idea.....kinda funny :lol:  

I spend my time living in the world of the latter and don't really have a problem with it.

I love the plan of "let's kill more than half of us and we'll have Heaven on Earth." 
Didn't Thanos try that, and everyone left fell into deep depression?  I fear we won't have the proper wherewithal to time travel and fix everything this time.

Hmm, this feels like an opportunity for a mischievous liberal to start spreading misinformation to an overwhelmingly conservative audience.
Heh, yeah....I considered the same, but I'm staying far far far away.  Doxing sounds like a horrible experience and I have to imagine there are some unhinged people on Parler who need little encouragement to channel their anger into violence.  

Who knows how much of it is legit vs bots, but the right wing friends of mine who were pissed off on FB about the election results have made a point to post their unhappiness with FB and a call to follow them on Parler.  I had two fraternity brothers unfriend me because I made a post on FB saying I now knew how the Rebels felt when Luke blew up the Death Star. :rolleyes:

"Join me on Parler" has been posted more to Facebook in the last month than pictures you almost certainly lack the courage to share for one stupid reason or another.
Trump is already on there with a huge call to visit his merchandise website. :lmao:

I feel like the Kpop kids and fans need to be up to something here. 

Last edited by a moderator:
AND AGAIN, that's 2600 American citizens who deserve to have their political voices heard in this election, no matter who is running, no matter who they voted for and no matter if it changes the end result.
2600? I think 200,000+ American citizens deserved to have their political voices heard in this election but according to trump covid "affects virtually nobody". But I guess those folks "don't matter, don't count, and they aren't that important" to the current administration. 

You might have hit the nail on the head with repugnant traitorous attitude. It certainly sounds that way to me as well.

Man.....feel like Norvie is taking this Trump loss pretty hard.  Did not see this coming 15 years ago.  
:confused:  

Wrong again "French benefits" guy. I'm actually fine with a Biden Presidency. I'm not fine with election fraud - even the kind that doesn't change the outcome. You shouldn't be fine with it either, but you do you my man.

Wrong again "French benefits" guy. I'm actually fine with a Biden Presidency. I'm not fine with election fraud - even the kind that doesn't change the outcome. You shouldn't be fine with it either, but you do you my man.
NB- in my experience you’re a reasonable dude. So with that said.... What fraud?

I think nobody is OK with fraud, at least that I’ve seen. But there has yet been any credible evidence of fraud.  And this “well let’s let it play out” narrative while someone flings #### against the wall is disingenuous at best. If this truly is about a fair and safe election why is fraud not being investigated in other areas where dominion is used?   

Interesting issue in Wayne County (includes Detroit). The board which certifies elections is half Dem and half GOP. They are currently deadlocked on party lines on whether to certify the vote.  Apparently there is no legal precedence for them not to and this is supposed to be a formality. GOP chair said she would be ok certifying everywhere except Detroit. The reporter covering it said she has done this for 20 years and never seen anything like this. 

I’m totally fine with a small amount of fraud. The optimal amount of fraud is not zero. It’s way too difficult and costly to sniff out every last bit of fraud. 

Interesting issue in Wayne County (includes Detroit). The board which certifies elections is half Dem and half GOP. They are currently deadlocked on party lines on whether to certify the vote.  Apparently there is no legal precedence for them not to and this is supposed to be a formality. GOP chair said she would be ok certifying everywhere except Detroit. The reporter covering it said she has done this for 20 years and never seen anything like this. 
So cool.  Did GOP give any basis for not wanting to certify the vote in her county? Or was this based on "tha feels"?

Admittedly, I'm not on twitter and only see quotes second hand from twitter..... but can you unpack this argument a little?
It's pretty well established that Twitter has a strong bias against the right. They ban conservative "tweeters" without cause, they suppress stories that are positive for Trump or negative to the left, they shadow ban conservatives, they restrict conservatives ability to re-tweet, they add inaccurate "disclaimers" to conservatives posts. It was only a matter of time before something like Parler came along promoting free speech. 

2 R’s are voting to not certify the results.

Here’s a post from one of their FB pages:  https://twitter.com/delwilber/status/1328860684352950278?s=21

Whitmer has made a statement that this will be handled at the state level since they are incapable of doing their job.  Amazing what we are witnessing.

Users who are viewing this thread