What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (5 Viewers)

I don't think that Trump's endgame is lawsuits.   I think it's demanding recounts everywhere, claiming fraud, and then demanding that the electors in each state with a republican legislature (PA, MI, WI, AZ, GA) vote for him regardless of the election results.   Faithless electors push him over the top and he and the GOP celebrate another win based on ignoring all norms.   
Is it against the law to offer a bribe to an elector? If the only recourse is "Impeachment" then I think I have an idea of what Trump's next move is.....

So it's noon - we are still awaiting results from: Nevada, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia and North Carolina by my hungover not enough coffee yet brain

Biden up in Nevada and should probably take it

Biden up ever so slightly at the moment in Michigan but still way too close

Georgia is basically a statistical tie right now but the Atlanta area has more to go favoring Biden

Pennsylvania is a cluster**** of biblical proportions

North Carolina has Trump up by a decent margin at the moment.

Is this right?

If Biden gets Michigan... 262... gets Nevada 268...

If Trump gets North Carolina... 234...

And then Georgia and Pennsylvania are left.  Trump needs both.  Biden needs one.

Did I math right?  Do I need more coffee?
Biden at 238

MI 16

WI 10

NV 6

= 270

Apparently James has Retweeted the below tweet, w ppl believing this signifies he is claiming victory in Michigan (again, only beliefs, not facts):

@stusandler

Michigan elected it's first Black Senator. The people have spoken. John James has won this race. The ballots are counted. Stop making up numbers, stalling the process and cheating the system. @garypeters

Last edited by a moderator:
Mail in voting was a total sham and we knew this was going to happen.. No reason why you can't just go to the polling places and vote.. Like I SAID, THOSE need tossed.

Absolutely disgusting how Dems cheated here
Washington state has had mail in voting for 20 years.   There is no evidence whatsoever of voter fraud, and we have a republican secretary of state in a democratic state.   

When the dust settles, there will be no evidence of voter fraud.   There may be evidence of the USPS interfering with votes and voter suppression, but there won't be any voter fraud based on mail-in ballots.   

Mail in voting was a total sham and we knew this was going to happen.. No reason why you can't just go to the polling places and vote.. Like I SAID, THOSE need tossed.

Absolutely disgusting how Dems cheated here
Cry about it. Trump pushed his base away from it and it may cost him the election. 

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Based on NYT data, the percentage of votes the current trailer needs to win of the remaining votes:

AZ - Trump 60.4%

GA - Biden 62.4%

MI - Trump 53.9%

NC - Biden 63.2%

PA - Biden 66.7%

NV - Trump 52.0%
Of those:

Trump: Nevada is very much in play, Arizona could be too as that’s the clip he’s been getting recently. Flipping Michigan back is the least likely because of the votes that need to be counted.

Biden: Georgia and even North Carolina are probably more likely than to flip than Pennsylvania.

My guess:

Biden: Arizona, Michigan, Georgia

Trump: North Carolina, Pennsylvania 

Toss-Up: Nevada

Of those:

Trump: Nevada is very much in play, Arizona could be too as that’s the clip he’s been getting recently. Flipping Michigan back is the least likely because of the votes that need to be counted.

Biden: Georgia and even North Carolina are probably more likely than to flip than Pennsylvania.

My guess:

And Nevada would be irrelevant in that scenario.

Washington state has had mail in voting for 20 years.   There is no evidence whatsoever of voter fraud, and we have a republican secretary of state in a democratic state.   

When the dust settles, there will be no evidence of voter fraud.   There may be evidence of the USPS interfering with votes and voter suppression, but there won't be any voter fraud based on mail-in ballots.   
IIRC, Utah is almost COMPLETELY mail-in and has been for years.

And then of course there is the fact that pre-election voting, voting by mail and what not have been used for decades in our system.  The most glaring example, of course, are servicemen overseas that are able to vote by mail given the fact that they, you know, are usually in a hot, militarized or outright war zone and it's hard to fly the entire military back to their home states to vote in the middle of a crisis when they are need to defend the very system we are talking about here.

But yet, all votes not cast in person on election day in this election right now without any historical context or logic are clearly illegal, undemocratic frauds designed decades ago with this one singular election mind to ensure that Donald Trump can't win re-election. 

In this election.

Where Donald Trump himself voted by mail.

I have to give credit to the politicians of the late 1800's who created the vote by mail systems we have stemming form doing same for soldiers during the Civil War.  I wish they gave me lottery numbers, or even the cure for polio a few decades earlier than we got it instead of just doing all of that to ensure the 2020 election was a fraud.  They even did it without electricity.

Man.

I keep looking at the Arizona numbers and can't see how the Trump campaign thinks he can win.  
Unlike most of the other states, I believe most of the outstanding votes in Arizona are in-person votes. Trump has recently been pulling 60% of the votes being reported which is roughly how much he needs to remaining votes by. If he keeps it up, it gets really close. The areas outstanding aren’t likely to fall that way, but it’s possible.

Of those:

My guess:

ABC is jus reporting that based on what they are hearing and seeing Georgia is unlikely to go Biden. They also reported that the Trump campaign isn’t confident about NV 

I don't think the anti-mail in stance cost him the election. By all accounts his turnout was amazing yesterday. He just didn't have the votes.
Yeah, I agree with you here.  I think it was a strategy to push GOP voters away from mail-in voting and then try to gain some advantage by getting some mail-in ballots thrown out in court, but his turnout was great.    If all of the voting was equal, I think we'd be looking at the same map, just getting the numbers at the same time.   

"There were no noted dissents in the Pennsylvania case, though three justices said the court might return to it after Election Day. ... The Pennsylvania case left open the possibility of later action by the court. ... Earlier on Wednesday, Pennsylvania officials told the court that they had instructed county election officials to segregate ballots arriving after 8 p.m. on Election Day through 5 p.m. three days later. That could potentially allow a later ruling from the court to determine whether they were ultimately counted."

:confused:

Now seeing reports of an upcoming hearing in a couple of hours where the US Postal Service is going to announce 300,000 undelivered ballots to counting stations. There are literally dozens of states where ballots which haven't arrived by election day are rejected by law.

This is a complete poo show.
I brought this up yesterday. Judge ordered USPS to find them and deliver immediately to make election day deadlines. USPS decided to ignore the order.

Apparently James has Retweeted the below tweet, w ppl believing this signifies he is claiming victory in Michigan (again, only beliefs, not facts):

@stusandler

Michigan elected it's first Black Senator. The people have spoken. John James has won this race. The ballots are counted. Stop making up numbers, stalling the process and cheating the system. @garypeters
With all due respect - as one of the people following this thread looking for running commentary on the election, these random tweets alleging miscellaneous claims of impropriety are only sowing more confusion.  I appreciate you posting news, but I have no idea who any of these tweeters are, and, thus, no idea whether these tweets have any legitimacy.  At the very least, could you at least link the tweet or provide some general background on who the tweeters are, so we can gauge the validity.  I have no idea if @stusandler, for example, is a legitimate source of local news from Michigan or some sort of biased random Twitter commenter.  

Nah. That’s not going to happen. We don’t need to go into this tinfoil hat stuff. 
Katherine Harris absolutely would have sent false electors in 2000 had the Scotus not rescued her with a dubious irreparable harm/equal protection ruling to halt the FL recount. 

Looks like the current third party vote in Michigan is more than the difference between Trump and Biden.  There will be yelling about that.

IIRC, Utah is almost COMPLETELY mail-in and has been for years.
I live in Utah and I was always pretty surprised when I saw Trump going nuts over people receiving "unsolicited" mail-in ballots.  I didn't even realize that wasn't a thing before.  Here in Utah we automatically get a ballot mailed to us for every election and have for as long as I've lived here.

@stusandler

I don’t have any inside info but based on what I’ve heard from the Sec of State about how many ballots are left and where I think they are mostly from, I think is premature.

With all due respect - as one of the people following this thread looking for running commentary on the election, these random tweets alleging miscellaneous claims of impropriety are only sowing more confusion.  I appreciate you posting news, but I have no idea who any of these tweeters are, and, thus, no idea whether these tweets have any legitimacy.  At the very least, could you at least link the tweet or provide some general background on who the tweeters are, so we can gauge the validity.  I have no idea if @stusandler, for example, is a legitimate source of local news from Michigan or some sort of biased random Twitter commenter.  
John James himself Retweeted the following tweet: 

@stusandler

... Sorry if that wasnt clear

There is a chance that the Supreme Court will invalidate Pennsylvania mail ballots which arrive between 11/4 and 11/6. Pennsylvania election law states that ballots must arrive by 8 p.m. on Election Day, but a judge extended that deadline to 11/6, and the State Supreme Court upheld the ruling. It's possible that the US Supreme Court will decide that the state court overstepped its authority to rewrite Pennsylvania law.

HOWEVER......none of that matters if Biden is ahead after counting all the ballots which already arrived.

Also....none of that matters if Biden wins Wisconsin and/or Georgia.
The US Supreme Court already heard this.   Trump lost.   
That was a 4-4 without ACB, and it only denied a stay of the state court's ruling, did not really get to the merits.  I think the existing PA lawsuit is still in play, and there will probably be more to come.

"None of these" has more votes in Nevada then the current difference between Biden and Trump.  And then add Jorgenson who has just about the same amount of votes as the "nones" and that will be another yelling point. (They aren't talking points anymore, we're past that).

Looks like the current third party vote in Michigan is more than the difference between Trump and Biden.  There will be yelling about that.
And especially if James wins the Senate, it will be a bad sign for the Trump brand. It seems to imply literally any other GOP candidate would have taken Michigan. 

Summary from 538:

Here’s a look at what we know about the outstanding vote in each still-to-be-decided battleground state, as of 12 p.m. ET:

Arizona: While Fox News and the Associated Press have projected Arizona for Biden, the other outlets — including ABC News — have not. Before the election, officials did warn that any super-close races might not be resolved until the last votes are counted on Thursday or Friday. Biden has a 3-point lead over Trump, with 86 percent of the expected vote reported. Maricopa County, where the largest remainder of uncounted ballots are, has finished tabulating all its in-person Election Day votes and will release more results at 9 p.m. tonight. 

Nevada: The race is very tight — Biden has a very slight lead — and all in-person votes have been counted. But a count of late-arriving mail ballots and provisional ballots, which tend to be Democratic, is still to come tomorrow.

Wisconsin: The Wisconsin Elections Commission Administrator has told NBC reporters that all the votes are in. If there’s nothing more to count, then Biden would seem to have won that state by 20,697 votes, but that’s still within the 1 percent margin that would allow the Trump campaign to request a recount, though. Also, just in case you’re seeing one of the many disinformation scams out there, Wisconsin has 3,684,726 active voters and counted 3,288,771 votes. ABC News has not issued a projection here, as the Decision Desk won’t project races where the margin is within 1 percentage point.

Georgia: Trump is ahead in a tight race, but significant votes are outstanding in the Atlanta metro area. The big holdups here appear to be Democratic-leaning DeKalb County, Fulton County, Gwinnett County, and Cobb County. We could have some more information relatively soon, though — Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger said that he expects most of that vote to be tallied later today, per the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Michigan: Biden holds a narrow 0.7-point margin here, and Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson said around 11:30 a.m. Eastern that there are still tens of thousands of ballots to count. But the place that appears to have the most outstanding votes is heavily Democratic Wayne County (Detroit), which may make it difficult for Trump to recover here after leading throughout much of the night.

Pennsylvania: Trump is ahead by 9 points with 79 percent of the expected vote in, but the state has “millions of ballots” left to count, according to Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar. This includes about half of its mail-in ballots, which the state was not allowed to start processing until yesterday morning. Many of these votes come from Democratic-leaning areas, like Philadelphia and its collar counties, plus a handful of more Republican-leaning counties in the northwest part of the state. Going into the election, many county and state election officials predicted that results wouldn’t approach completion until Friday.

Maine: Biden leads here by about 12 points statewide, with 76 percent of the expected vote having been reported. And the ABC News Decision Desk just projected Biden to win the state’s two statewide electoral votes. He also leads in Maine’s 1st Congressional District, 61 percent to 36 percent, so Biden looks on track to get three of Maine’s electoral votes. However, Trump leads 51 percent to 45 percent in Maine’s 2nd Congressional District, so he may be able to hold onto its one electoral vote. It appears that the 2nd District, which is mostly in the northern reaches of the state, is where much of the unreported votes are from. But it’s tough to say when we’ll know more, as election officials are taking much longer here than they originally expected. Moreover, because of the state’s ranked-choice voting system, any race where no candidate has a majority of first-place votes would then have to go through the reallocation process, which would take a while to complete.

North Carolina: Ninety-five percent of the expected vote has already been counted here, so it seems quite possible that all we’re waiting on are late-arriving mail-in ballots, which have until Nov. 12 to arrive. That means we could be waiting over a week for a call here.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/2020-election-results-coverage/

John James himself Retweeted the following tweet: 

@stusandler

... Sorry if that wasnt clear
Your post was clear, but what is not clear is whether @stusandler has any level of legitimacy.  If John James retweeted Nate Silver or the AP, then okay, we probably don't need to clarify who those parties are.  But a John James tweet of @stusandler means nothing if the vast majority of people in this thread don't know who @stusandler is.  John James can retweet whoever he wants, but I guess I just don't see the benefit in posting it here unless it's got some actual teeth to it.  All it does is sow confusion, IMO.  But I digress.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Unlike most of the other states, I believe most of the outstanding votes in Arizona are in-person votes. Trump has recently been pulling 60% of the votes being reported which is roughly how much he needs to remaining votes by. If he keeps it up, it gets really close. The areas outstanding aren’t likely to fall that way, but it’s possible.
They say there are 400,000 votes from counties they won in 2016 versus 80,000 from counties won by Clinton.   The one big county he won in 2016, where most of these votes are, is Maricopa.   Trump is losing there 52.3% - 46.3%, and he's down about 90,000+ votes with about 1.6 million votes cast from that county.   There is absolutely nothing in that state that shows he will suddenly start pulling 80% of the remaining votes from counties he won in 2016.   

Arizona liked McCain.   Maybe he shouldn't have danced on his grave.

In Georgia, Trump is beating Biden + Jorgensen.    I doubt Atlanta has enough votes left to climb that mountain.  They should call Georgia red at this point I'd think******

However, this is two elections in a row now where Georgia isn't exactly solid red, and there is now a ground game in Atlanta, which is still growing fast, that means if the Dems keep that up in 4 years this won't be a solid red state but a solid purple one.

****** I mean that in the complete Nate Silver, but there is still a chance kinda way that means I'm not wrong no matter what (and that was meant to be funny, so no 538 deabtes)

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
I saw the Wisconsin official's comments. Have any media called it there? NYT, CNN, Fox, somewhere else?
The media is still basing their stance on the estimate that there's still another 3% of votes to be counted. Until they accept that all votes have been counted and Trump can't win it by getting 60.3% of it, they still think they can't call it yet. 

Again, the media's denominator for total votes cast is just an estimate. They were 3% of in Wisky.

I think the existing PA lawsuit is still in play, and there will probably be more to come.
Probably?

I keep hoping some of these systemic voting procedures can be discussed by both sides and rules can be agreed upon.  Instead everything is a politicized lawsuit decided by judges appointed by one side that tend to rule the case according to their lean.  Rinse, repeat, and we all suffer as a result of this ridiculous process. 

In Georgia, Trump is beating Biden + Jorgensen.    I doubt Atlanta has enough votes left to climb that mountain.  They should call Georgia red at this point I'd think******

However, this is two elections in a row now where Georgia isn't exactly solid red, and there is now a ground game in Atlanta, which is still growing fast, that means if the Dems keep that up in 4 years this won't be a solid red state but a solid purple one.

****** I mean that in the complete Nate Silver, but there is still a chance kinda way that means I'm not wrong no matter what (and that was meant to be funny, so no 538 deabtes)
NYT still leaning 64% toward Biden in GA.

Not going to lie, I miss a good landslide vote. These are stressful, misinformation everywhere if we're not careful, and I'm just ready to move forward.

I'm this way with sports teams, I'd rather my team either win handily or get blown out. These nail-biters aren't fun.

Users who are viewing this thread