What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (7 Viewers)

John King just mentioned 8800 military ballots were requested in GA. Not sure how many will come back but those could take a while to receive and count. I wonder across the country what effect these ballots could have. I could be wrong but these typically skew Republican right? Wonder if that will change though with how Trump has denigrated our soldiers.
Most of the ones I know (mostly at Luke) don't believe it and will likely vote R until the day they die. 

Regarding the whole EC abolition debate. Been thinking about this a bit. I'm thinking it's time to go even further. The under populated states have way to much political power in this country. It's really not equitable in the reflection of our society. I'm thinking we need to take a serious look at allocating Senators based on state population like we do House members. It's really the only way we can stop having any progress made in this country from being blocked by states with outsized political influence. Obviously won't be popular with Republicans by and large.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another mini-dump for Georgia and Biden is losing pace. Trails by 12,764 and needs to win 65.43% the rest of the way (estimated).

Regarding the whole EC abolition debate. Been thinking about this a bit. I'm thinking it's time to go even further. The under populated states have way to much political power in this country. It's really not equitable in the reflection of our society. I'm thinking we need to take a serious look at allocating Senators based on state population like we do House members. It's really the only way we can stop having any progress made in this country from being blocked by states with outsized political influence. Obviously won't be popular with Republicans by and large.
Then there is no point in having a Senate or bicameral legislature.  Which might be fine for some people.  So, I'm not a huge fan of this at all.  There is nothing wrong with small states having political power.  The problem, as always with the EC debates, is that at the moment the people that hate it aren't getting what they want.  Which isn't a great way to fundamentally alter the political structure of the country.

@RichardGrenell

2h

Joe Gloria, a Clark County election official, says he cannot guarantee there isn’t fraud in Nevada voting. And he isn’t allowing Trump team access to watch signature verification. We are concerned they are counting illegal ballots - and not just LEGAL votes.
Straight up gaslighting from the former DNIn right here.

How many here watched Joe Gloria today?

He addressed voter fraud, categorically denied there was anything nefarious going on, they take their duties very serious, there are processes and controls in place to check that (cited several examples of what he meant.)

Also addressed observers engaged in witnessing the process.

Then there is no point in having a Senate or bicameral legislature.  Which might be fine for some people.  So, I'm not a huge fan of this at all.  There is nothing wrong with small states having political power.  The problem, as always with the EC debates, is that at the moment the people that hate it aren't getting what they want.  Which isn't a great way to fundamentally alter the political structure of the country.
I don't know about that. The House and Senate still fulfill different roles. No need for that to change. 

Nichols was probably right when he wrote Ds and Rs will both draw the wrong lessons from this election and not learn from it.

I don't know about that. The House and Senate still fulfill different roles. No need for that to change. 
They have different roles because of the nature of the different manner they are impaneled.  IF they are impaneled the same way there is no need for different roles.  You actually make governing harder and less logical for no reason while at the same time exponentially increasing the power of bigger population states over the smaller ones in a manner far greater than simply getting rid of the EC and having the President elected by popular vote.

Oh, so you just want the states with huge urban populations to control the country.

Good luck with all that 

:lol:

'The Lord says it is done': White House spiritual adviser Paula White prays for 'angels from Africa' to cement Trump's re-election

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1324180607438626820/video/1

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1324175651515949056/video/1

How is this election even close?
People want lower taxes.  Moms want kids back in school.  Trump represented their best hope in both.  

But yeah, this administration is FULL of whackadoos. 

Oh, so you just want the states with huge urban populations to control the country.

Good luck with all that 

:lol:
No, not just. But by and far the population centers are where economic activity takes place and where the government is funded from. Where the people live that are affected by the actions of the government. It just isn't logical to say, for example, that Wyoming and it's two Senators should have the same say on tax and spend issues and even Supreme Court and other Court appointments as California. I'm not saying they shouldn't have any representation, just that there is a pretty extreme imbalance of power. 

People want lower taxes.  Moms want kids back in school.  Trump represented their best hope in both.  

But yeah, this administration is FULL of whackadoos. 
Do people think Biden doesn't want kids to go back to school?  

Lower taxes?  400k and lower good to go.   

Dow up 500 today. 

'The Lord says it is done': White House spiritual adviser Paula White prays for 'angels from Africa' to cement Trump's re-election

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1324180607438626820/video/1

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1324175651515949056/video/1

How is this election even close?
That was ...interesting.  I couldn't figure what was going on as it first played with no sound on, especially when random man casually walks past behind her.

And: Will those angels from Africa be coming from the ####hole countries?  

Anyways, sorry to pollute this thread by going off topic. Just something that I've been thinking about with election season and looking at the divide in the country. Obviously making changes to long standing institutions is never very popular. I'll shut up now. Back to waiting forever for vote counts.

Found this spreadsheet on the twitters from someone who is doing the math as results come in and projecting margin of victory and needed vote percentage as updates happen (seems to update frequently). Has both PA and GA in the tabs at the bottom. Projecting a 170K win for Biden at current margins. I see that going down a bit. 
A key I see, near the bottom for GA, is Biden having a consistent need for 64-65%.

No, not just. But by and far the population centers are where economic activity takes place and where the government is funded from. Where the people live that are affected by the actions of the government. It just isn't logical to say, for example, that Wyoming and it's two Senators should have the same say on tax and spend issues and even Supreme Court and other Court appointments as California. I'm not saying they shouldn't have any representation, just that there is a pretty extreme imbalance of power. 
Constitutional amendment would never pass the states.  You would be asking the majority of states to give up power to a handful, good luck talking them into it.

Of course this should happen but it won’t because small states have a lock that would prevent a constitutional amendment.  Which is why we need to start our liberal relocation project.  Move a few liberals from California to Wyoming and we can take those seats.  

As to the Senate: Still waiting to see if Perdue comes off his 50.0% in Georgia as the last 3% comes in ...which would force two runoffs there instead of just one (and give the Dems a shot at 50 seats).

Dow up 500 today. 
I think wall street loves a split WH/congress that doesn't involve trump.  Calm waters, fewer surprises, hard to pass any changes.

I mean people matter not physical land correct?

I had someone point out to me that Hennepin and Ramsey county in Minnesota made the state blue. I said sure because there’s more people in those two counties than the rest of the state combined and nobody cares about 378 people compared to 378,000 people.  Or at least they shouldn’t. We should prioritize people and not physical geography especially in our day and age it doesn’t make any sense. 
I could make a pretty compelling case - to me at least - that the exact opposite is true in this day and age.  At the core of the Trump brand of republican politics right now is a very real and very measurable feeling and position of those very same 378 that no one cares about them anymore, their jobs are gone, they feel like they are blamed for problems that they were most likely never a part of, and a huge part about what gave them an identity has changed or disappeared with nothing to take its place leading to a vacuum of fear that has been seized upon by Donald Trump and the people that support him.

In this day and age we need to reach out to those 378 people just as much as the 378,000, not less so.  And debating from thousands of miles away that we should ignore them will drive them to the arms of people that gave us this presidency.  No thanks.  

How about instead of fundamentally altering the constitutional framework of the nation for immediate political effect, we actually do the hard work of solving the real problems that we've made, ignored and fueled by ignoring them or putting band-aides on them?  We do prioritize people.  All people.  Isn't that the point?  You won't win any hearts and minds of the very people who you need to win over to truly cure the sickness in this country by telling them they don't matter because they don't live anywhere near a 10 story building.

Found this spreadsheet on the twitters from someone who is doing the math as results come in and projecting margin of victory and needed vote percentage as updates happen (seems to update frequently). Has both PA and GA in the tabs at the bottom. Projecting a 170K win for Biden at current margins. I see that going down a bit. 
He's showing 538k remaining ballots in PA, which seems high (I've got it at ~477k remaining).

Of course this should happen but it won’t because small states have a lock that would prevent a constitutional amendment.  Which is why we need to start our liberal relocation project.  Move a few liberals from California to Wyoming and we can take those seats.  
Or just redistrict the entire country. Who wants to help create a new state map?

How about you just convince people your ideas are better?

Dow up 500 today. 
I think moms (and dads too, but the suburban mom seemed to be a big voting block for Trump) want their kids back in school yesterday and I think Trump represented a quicker pathway to that.  Could be wrong, but I think that was a reason why they voted for him.

And I hate to be cynical, but I don't think the average voter dug too far into either candidates true tax plans, they just hear Republican GOOD for taxes and Democrat BAD for taxes.  

Tonning it this week, which is nice after the dismal end to Oct.....

I could make a pretty compelling case - to me at least - that the exact opposite is true in this day and age.  At the core of the Trump brand of republican politics right now is a very real and very measurable feeling and position of those very same 378 that no one cares about them anymore, their jobs are gone, they feel like they are blamed for problems that they were most likely never a part of, and a huge part about what gave them an identity has changed or disappeared with nothing to take its place leading to a vacuum of fear that has been seized upon by Donald Trump and the people that support him.

In this day and age we need to reach out to those 378 people just as much as the 378,000, not less so.  And debating from thousands of miles away that we should ignore them will drive them to the arms of people that gave us this presidency.  No thanks.  

How about instead of fundamentally altering the constitutional framework of the nation for immediate political effect, we actually do the hard work of solving the real problems that we've made, ignored and fueled by ignoring them or putting band-aides on them?  We do prioritize people.  All people.  Isn't that the point?  You won't win any hearts and minds of the very people who you need to win over to truly cure the sickness in this country by telling them they don't matter because they don't live anywhere near a 10 story building.
My fav relevant linky: How Half Of America Lost Its F**king Mind

As to the Senate: Still waiting to see if Perdue comes off his 50.0% in Georgia as the last 3% comes in ...which would force two runoffs there instead of just one (and give the Dems a shot at 50 seats).
Would the Dems really have a shot in either? Serious question. I haven't looked at the races to see who siphoned off other votes.

Users who are viewing this thread