What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*****Steelers v. Bengals MNF-What do You Need**** (1 Viewer)

The Bengal defense is under-rated. Not sure who returns next year, by if their defense is good, they could compete with a  healthy Burrow.

The Bengal defense is under-rated. Not sure who returns next year, by if their defense is good, they could compete with a  healthy Burrow.
Bengals have pieces - desperately need a pass-rusher.

Bates is the best safety in the league.

Anamuro legit may have saved his job tonight.  I know that Taylor surely did.

-QG

I’m getting ready to suffer the baddest of beats.... 

i was up 2 points with Ben, Ebon, and PIT D, facing only Juju... never thought it would swing this way.
Crisis averted for my fantasy football team, but I can no longer count on Ben, Ebron, and PIT D for next week’s superbowl. Need other options.

Meanwhile the Steelers crisis is in full effect. They are running out of time to get healthy and figure things out.

belljr said:
And no linebackers
Linebackers seem to be looked at as if they aren’t that valuable in today’s NFL, but a great one that can make a difference in both the pass and run game can make a big difference on defense. Buffalo’s defense is night and day when they have a healthy Milano and Edmunds versus when they are hurt and/or missing time. Neither Milano nor Edmunds were healthy during their 3 losses and their defense struggled while Milano missed time. Now that he’s back and Edmunds is finally healthy, they look like a different defense.

Steelers just haven’t looked the same since losing Bush.

SoBeDad said:
Is this the end of the era of pure pocket QBs - Ben, Brady (he has 3 HOF recievers), Brees - who don't run?
More so the end of aging QBs who lost arm strength and can't throw it downfield anymore

Linebackers seem to be looked at as if they aren’t that valuable in today’s NFL, but a great one that can make a difference in both the pass and run game can make a big difference on defense. Buffalo’s defense is night and day when they have a healthy Milano and Edmunds versus when they are hurt and/or missing time. Neither Milano nor Edmunds were healthy during their 3 losses and their defense struggled while Milano missed time. Now that he’s back and Edmunds is finally healthy, they look like a different defense.

The loss of Bush and Dupree have killed this team.  They're an awful team right now.  They were a very good team when they had Bush on Dupree on the field.  

The General said:
Thanks for Dunlap!
Didn't say I'm all that happy that Lou was staying but it is what it is. 

And as much as they have had unhappy guys (which Dunlap was) it still does say a little about the team and that Taylor hasn't totally lost them.

Dunlap was great for us but he wasn't helping things here.  It is what it is.

-QG

The Bengals ran for 152 yards against this Steelers D.  It's going to be brutal against Indy and CLE, both who can run the ball.
Steelers and Browns were on complete different trajectories earlier in the year when the Steelers dominated.  There is 0 chance this Steelers team can win that game.  The Steelers only hope is to fluke out a win against the Colts.  

Bush and  Dupree and their backups were playing well and are hurt

Didn't say I'm all that happy that Lou was staying but it is what it is. 

And as much as they have had unhappy guys (which Dunlap was) it still does say a little about the team and that Taylor hasn't totally lost them.

Dunlap was great for us but he wasn't helping things here.  It is what it is.

-QG
He seems like an ok dude. Going to get a (probably short) playoff runs with us the next two seasons. 

Doesn’t seem like he wanted to be there, we need him bad. Win-win!

He seems like an ok dude. Going to get a (probably short) playoff runs with us the next two seasons. 

Doesn’t seem like he wanted to be there, we need him bad. Win-win!
He was great in the community.  I mean he got frustrated but it seemed to be a lot more civil after the trade.

-QG

He was great in the community.  I mean he got frustrated but it seemed to be a lot more civil after the trade.

-QG
He’s made huge, huge plays in key spots in 2 games for the Hawks. In a normal season he would be getting crazy love from fans here at home games. 

He’s made huge, huge plays in key spots in 2 games for the Hawks. In a normal season he would be getting crazy love from fans here at home games. 
And deserve it - it happens.

Sometimes it is regime change.  

Anamuro has rubbed players the wrong way and sometimes they have looked so bad that his firing seemed likely.

But you get a night like this (albeit with a lot of help from Ben) and it seems like there are bigger issues.

Mike Brown doesn't like firing people.  I figured we would lose out and that probably would doom Turner and Anamuro.  But this is the exact kind of win that will give em excuse to at least keep Taylor if not them all.

-QG

fightingillini said:
Finished up 152-151.  Can't believe it.   :moneybag:
One of our semi-final matchups featured a Dionate team v. a JuJu team. It finished 119.30 v 119.34.  Incredible. (The JuJu team won in a heart attack).

Lost against a Gio/ Matt Ryan led team by 5 points...

I didn’t even notice Gio in the lineup until his 2nd TD 

were on to the off-season 

And deserve it - it happens.

Sometimes it is regime change.  

Anamuro has rubbed players the wrong way and sometimes they have looked so bad that his firing seemed likely.

But you get a night like this (albeit with a lot of help from Ben) and it seems like there are bigger issues.

Mike Brown doesn't like firing people.  I figured we would lose out and that probably would doom Turner and Anamuro.  But this is the exact kind of win that will give em excuse to at least keep Taylor if not them all.

-QG
Is that a good thing? On one hand, you can say that a big win should enable a young coach a third season. On the other hand, he's only won 5 games in 2 years and the big win featured 230 total yards from their offense.

From a clean house perspective it was the worst possible win. It was the eating 10 pounds of chocolate of wins - felt good at the time but leaves you sick afterwards.

Losing in the fashion of the Dallas game each of the last 3 weeks probably would have been the only way they fired Zac - and even that might not have been enough.  If he keeps Anamuro and especially if he keeps the god-awful Turner then it is officially a very costly win.  

That is a long way of saying - probably not.

-QG

From a clean house perspective it was the worst possible win. It was the eating 10 pounds of chocolate of wins - felt good at the time but leaves you sick afterwards.

Losing in the fashion of the Dallas game each of the last 3 weeks probably would have been the only way they fired Zac - and even that might not have been enough.  If he keeps Anamuro and especially if he keeps the god-awful Turner then it is officially a very costly win.  

That is a long way of saying - probably not.

-QG
I think he is safe now. It’s like winning a battle but losing the war.  

Barring a meltdown over the next 2 weeks DC is safe.  Careful what you wish for, the staff hire could be Hue.  

I would prefer a new HC and staff. 
I prefer the same.

I mean the phrase "Bengals hiring" doesn't instill confidence but this gang needs to be broken up.

The worry has always been Turner.  And if Zac has a relatively stronger hand (even if temporarily) he's the guy Taylor's closest to.  That's the mortal threat.

I do think Anamuro's safe now - Vonn Bell taking care of business pretty much assured that.  (Though Bell stepping up and doing that is huge for this locker room for sure.)

-QG

Mike Evans is only 27 with 6 thousand yard seasons to start his career, something only Randy Moss has done. Unless he gets injured, he has a high likelihood of making the HOF.
Well Scotty Miller is only 23 with 2 200 yard seasons to start his career ;)

I'm just goofin' - I would still file him under potentia H of F at this point - too many WRs have beem derailed on that trackm

-QG

I prefer the same.

I mean the phrase "Bengals hiring" doesn't instill confidence but this gang needs to be broken up.

The worry has always been Turner.  And if Zac has a relatively stronger hand (even if temporarily) he's the guy Taylor's closest to.  That's the mortal threat.

I do think Anamuro's safe now - Vonn Bell taking care of business pretty much assured that.  (Though Bell stepping up and doing that is huge for this locker room for sure.)

-QG
Turner is terrible. There has been no development of talent on the OL. Several of these guys were highly touted coming into the league. That many players regressing in one position group is squarely on coaching not scouting.  

The most Bengal thing is to keep winning and miss out on Sewell.  

Turner is terrible. There has been no development of talent on the OL. Several of these guys were highly touted coming into the league. That many players regressing in one position group is squarely on coaching not scouting.  

The most Bengal thing is to keep winning and miss out on Sewell.  
All riding on the Houston game this week.  Crazy questions though.  If Allen is healthy do they go back to him or stick with their "winner" Finley?  Is there any other team they can beat while throwing under 100 yards?  Feels like Pittsburgh was a perfect storm kind of game - though yes the dead cat bounce might be rearing its ugly head.

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread