What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What are your New Year's Eve plans? (1 Viewer)

El Floppo

Footballguy
We're back to no in-person dining in NYC, and IIRC limit of 10 people gathering. 

I'm not sure what we're doing... probably ordering a nice meal, playing some board games at home (kids are 9 and 13) and calling it a night before the ball drops.

You?

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
Wife will be at work, kids will probably be bouncing off the walls while I try to get some rest.

Edit- I have smores supplies stashed away for the kids.

Edit- I work until 8PM and am on antibiotics so no drinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Working till 8pm. Sleep. Waking up at 3:30am to go into work for 5am. I haven't seen the ball drop in 2 decades so it doesn't matter to me.  

• Smile
Watching Old Crow Medicine Show live at the Ryman.

Just the two of us plus dogs, hopefully some dots. Low key.
Do you know if this will be on the radio for free? I seem to recall it may be broadcast on siriusxm. I would for sure put this on around my bonfire.

• Smile
Do you know if this will be on the radio for free? I seem to recall it may be broadcast on siriusxm. I would for sure put this on around my bonfire.
I’m not sure. It’s 20 bucks just for the stream, though. If you can afford it, may as well do that and support them. I’m sure they took a hit during this thing.

• Smile
Hosting a Blues band down from Chicago after small town bar gig, debating, leaning heavily to skip show... bunch of food, drams, highballs, eggnog, a bottle of sparking wine (prolly morning mimosa's) and some beers. Music and great conversations unless I go to show, meet someone at show lol.

• Smile
I’m not sure. It’s 20 bucks just for the stream, though. If you can afford it, may as well do that and support them. I’m sure they took a hit during this thing.
I would pay $20.00

I did not see that at your link I will look again. I saw a lot of high prices with merch attached to it?

• Smile
  • Smile
What are they doing with times Square 

I'm sure there will be a lot... A LOT... of people defying the gathering ban, but probably not in times square.

Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, NYE 2021 will NOT be open to the public this year — but there will be live performances, and we hope all of you will enjoy the virtual celebrations safely from the comfort of your own home. New Year's Eve 2021 might look a little different than usual, but one thing that will never change is the ticking of time and the arrival of a New Year at midnight on December 31st. Celebrate with us virtually in an enhanced celebration that will bring Times Square and the Ball Drop to you no matter where you are.

• Sad
Hosting a Blues band down from Chicago after small town bar gig, debating, leaning heavily to skip show... bunch of food, drams, highballs, eggnog, a bottle of sparking wine (prolly morning mimosa's) and some beers. Music and great conversations unless I go to show, meet someone at show lol.
User name checks out.

"Hosting" like, having them stay at your house? Or are there places where people are still performing for crowds? 

• Thinking
Working all day then likely getting made fun of by my wife and sister-in-law for going to bed early and being no fun because I'm ####### tired. 

• Smile
Working all day then likely getting made fun of by my wife and sister-in-law for going to bed early and being no fun because I'm ####### tired. 
You forgot trying to get four...FOUR... kids to sleep. Have a great NYE, gb.

• Smile
They are performing a show at a small town bar where singer once bartended, then they are staying at my home. I host them aoubt 4 times a year when the do a weekend run of shows in proximity to me.
Thanks. Illinois still open for nightlife business...good news. I guess the virus isn't so bad there?

When our daughter was little, she thought fondue on NYE was the height of sophistication so we're bringing the gooey cheese back because she's stuck here with us this year.

Don't know what we're going to watch but it's gotta be better than WW84 :bag:

They’ve been going off here since before Christmas. Some nights it’s like the Tet Offensive in my neighborhood. 
Dude. Tell me about it. I thought we were under siege a couple weeks ago. Turns out it was my ####### neighbor firing off mortars.  After I cautiously cleared my house, most of the street confronted him.  He's a decent guy at heart so the message seemed to get through.  All bets are off tomorrow night though.

Dude. Tell me about it. I thought we were under siege a couple weeks ago. Turns out it was my ####### neighbor firing off mortars.  After I cautiously cleared my house, most of the street confronted him.  He's a decent guy at heart so the message seemed to get through.  All bets are off tomorrow night though.
We have one of those guys on my street - great guy but loves to spend massive amounts of money blowing #### up whenever we can. 

Just found out we are supposed to hang out with him and his family tomorrow night while he does it (while I presume I’ll just internally facepalm). May have to stay at work awhile longer. 

Thanks. Illinois still open for nightlife business...good news. I guess the virus isn't so bad there?
Not sure how legit it is...small town near Indiana...we have had a few businesses remain open and lose licenses etc...some good people but much misinformation as well...Indiana ,Illinois border pretty lawless. Illinois also has covid restrictions by regions so possibly this rural region is way above curve where I live , home of University of Illinois, and my hometown of Chicago? With the total disregard of our elected officials to represent their constituents...I choose not to judge too much.

Riding with my wife to Augusta for a quick job and then going to look at RVs. When I get home I will fire up the grill. I have a nice filet for the Mrs and a USDA PRIME Ribeye and a piece of halibut for myself. Got some smoke and a couple of gummies as well. No alcohol. I may or may not make it to midnight but Probably not. 

My wife and I are going to a friends house. Just 6 people total there, all who work from home and are pretty cautious keeping to ourselves, following all the protocols. We will get carry out, booze it up, listen to music. Nothing too exciting.

Staying home with the kids (14 & 12) again.  Probably ordering dinner and watching movies (Soul?) or Netflix (maybe finish up Queen's Gambit).  I was hoping Cobra Kai that's released on 1/1/21 would be available at midnight and we could watch the first episode.  Unfortunately for us, looks like it will be released midnight PT so 3am for us on the east coast.

BTW, it seems like NYE is the worst possible time of the year to watch live network TV anymore.  Jenny McCarthy making out with a Wahlburger, Pitbull, Seacrest, Daly, bad hosts and musical guests, etc, ugh, and stay off my lawn!

• Smile

Users who are viewing this thread