What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Did AOC Truly fear "GOP lawmakers would lead rioters to her" (1 Viewer)

You didn't post evidence.  You posted that 93% were peaceful.  None of that means the protesters were replaced with thugs.  It means that some of the protestors in the protests also partook in the 7% non-peaceful activities (insurrection, etc...).
I need more security if I have a 7% chance of losing my business.  

From the above article: 

In fact the Black Lives Matter protests were remarkably nonviolent. When there was violence it was caused either by police or counterprotestors. 

Damn- imagine that! 

You're in denial if you have to try and find some sort of statistics to contradict actual examples of murders committed by BLM rioters.  IMO.

Your exact words were "There is no evidence that Black Lives Matter was involved in any rioting that occurred last summer."   Not only do we have evidence, those riots have been responsible for young black lives in a very sad twist of irony.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a rhetorical question?
I’m merely pointing out the illogic of the arguments by @BladeRunnerand others. The BLM protest starts at 1pm. It’s composed of folks of all races, young and old, from many miles away who have come to march peacefully. It ends at 5pm. At around 9pm there are reports of looting and rioting. Pretty soon local tv has scenes of fires. 

This is what happened last summer in almost every case that I’ve seen or read about. It defies common sense to believe that the marchers are the same folks who rioted. 

You're in denial if you have to try and find some sort of statistics to contradict actual examples of murders committed by BLM rioters.  IMO.

Your exact words were "There is no evidence that Black Lives Matter was involved in any rioting that occurred last summer."   Not only do we have evidence, those riots have been responsible for young black lives in a very sad twist of irony.  
You haven’t provided any evidence. The deaths you cited may have been caused by Proud Boys or counter protesters, or by thugs unaffiliated with BLM. Actual evidence suggests it’s very unlikely they were caused by BLM because BLM protests have been overwhelmingly peaceful. 

You haven’t provided any evidence. The deaths you cited may have been caused by Proud Boys or counter protesters, or by thugs unaffiliated with BLM. Actual evidence suggests it’s very unlikely they were caused by BLM because BLM protests have been overwhelmingly peaceful. 
Stay strong Tim! Hold the line!

Nope.  They were committed by the self appointed CHAZ/BLM security forces.  As documented in the Wiki very accurately.  

Who appoints themselves the security force for a BLM riot?  BLM protesters of course.  

PS.  It's all on video too.

Nope.  They were committed by the self appointed CHAZ/BLM security forces.  As documented in the Wiki very accurately.  

Who appoints themselves the security force for a BLM riot?  BLM protesters of course.  

If that’s documented in Wiki, please show me the line that does so. Because I couldn’t find it. 

I’m merely pointing out the illogic of the arguments by @BladeRunnerand others. The BLM protest starts at 1pm. It’s composed of folks of all races, young and old, from many miles away who have come to march peacefully. It ends at 5pm. At around 9pm there are reports of looting and rioting. Pretty soon local tv has scenes of fires. 

This is what happened last summer in almost every case that I’ve seen or read about. It defies common sense to believe that the marchers are the same folks who rioted. 
Yeah, everyone punched in at 1pm and then left at 5pm.  :bs:

That's ridiculous, Tim.

You have to give him credit - he's trying like a champ to revise history.

Now it's the Proud Boys who were responsible for CHOP/CHAZ zone deaths? WTH? 

If that’s documented in Wiki, please show me the line that does so. Because I couldn’t find it. 
Footnote #162

Jackson said he recognized the shooting victims; they had hung around the CHOP over previous nights. He also said the CHOP's security are the ones who fired on the SUV after it crashed into a concrete barrier.

At the end of the incident, Jackson estimates that about 300 rounds were fired in the CHOP over Monday morning.
A 16 year old was shot twice in the face.  

“Two African American men, dead, at a place where they claim to be working for Black Lives Matter. But they are gone. They are dead now. And we have had multiple other incidents – assaults, rape, robbery, and shootings."

"We are asking that people remove themselves from this area, for the safety of the people," she said. "...they certainly can demonstrate peacefully any place. But they can't hostilely take over a neighborhood and cause crime levels to go up like this. Two men are dead, and a child, a 14-year-old, is hospitalized ... enough is enough here."
You really want me to post the video too?  This is black on black crime.  This was black people shooting black people.  It's impossible to twist reality enough to blame this on the proud boys.  Wow man.

Footnote #162

A 16 year old was shot twice in the face.  

You really want me to post the video too?  This is black on black crime.  This was black people shooting black people.  It's impossible to twist reality enough to blame this on the proud boys.  Wow man.
You’re talking about one guy that was quoted. Not any conclusion by authorities. 
Look the whole Chaz thing was stupid. Would  I be surprised if some idiot involved in it did something stupid, even as stupid and awful as murder? Of course not. Is this the same as assuming that Black Lives Matter, as an organized group, was behind the violence that occurred last summer? Of course not. What’s the point of all this anyhow? 

You’re talking about one guy that was quoted. Not any conclusion by authorities. 
Look the whole Chaz thing was stupid. Would  I be surprised if some idiot involved in it did something stupid, even as stupid and awful as murder? Of course not. Is this the same as assuming that Black Lives Matter, as an organized group, was behind the violence that occurred last summer? Of course not. What’s the point of all this anyhow? 
It wasn't one idiot.  300 bullets weren't shot by one stupid person.  It was several of the BLM riot organizers that self appointed themselves as CHAZ/BLM security.  They ended up shooting and killing their own.  

Part of that quote was by Carmen Best, police chief.  

“Two African American men, dead, at a place where they claim to be working for Black Lives Matter. But they are gone. They are dead now. And we have had multiple other incidents – assaults, rape, robbery, and shootings."

It wasn't one idiot.  300 bullets weren't shot by one stupid person.  It was several of the BLM riot organizers that self appointed themselves as CHAZ/BLM security.  They ended up shooting and killing their own.  
OK. Let’s stop and slow down for a moment and have a real discussion about this. Putting aside CHAZ, do you truly believe that Black Lives Matter organized and led violent rioting and looting last summer? That they were directly behind the bad stuff that happened? 

..... The BLM protest starts at 1pm. It’s composed of folks of all races, young and old, from many miles away who have come to march peacefully. It ends at 5pm. At around 9pm there are reports of looting and rioting. Pretty soon local tv has scenes of fires. 

I was over at Parler from the beginning. In one of the private discussions with some of the established veteran members there, many of them fellow small business owners like me, the suggestion came up on how to handle anyone who denied the violence associated with BLM protests/riots.

Every time there was a major riot in a Big Blue city associated with a BLM protest, the donations to BLM went through the roof. They were processed through Act Blue, which funneled the money to Thousand Currents, since BLM doesn't have it's own charter yet, and to ensure the tax exempt status. This kicks through to Patrisse Cullors, the lone remaining founder who is in charge of the entire organization. Satellite branches of BLM have complained that they get no input and no funding from the parent organization. The money is spent on outside "consulting" which is a way to funnel money back to the DNC.

The suggestion was to leverage Thousand Currents to pressure Cullors to stage protests in specific locations. Namely right in front of the BLM violence/riot deniers.

So Tim, here's where the rubber meets the road. You've bragged about running and managing several malls. It would a litmus test of your viewpoint ( and it's your right to your free speech and your opinion on the violence, or what you claim is not violence, spawning from BLM protests/riots. ) is if there is a persistent push to get these BLM protests in front of your malls. It would also be interesting if the insurance carriers and shop owners of those malls found out you catalyzed, directly or indirectly, BLM protests there.

After all, they start at 1PM, and like you say, there is peaceful marching, and they end promptly at 5PM.

Since you feel so strongly about the movement, I suppose you would not, in theory, looking a hypothetical scenario, mind a series of raw coincidences where BLM protests are surrounding your malls.

We all here are only five people away from Kevin Bacon.

I wonder how close you can get to BLM protests and ask yourself if you will feel the same way then when it's right outside your window as you do right now.

PS For the record, I'm three people away from Kevin Bacon and only two people away from Samuel L Jackson, but surprisingly only one person away from those linked to Act Blue and Thousand Currents.

OK. Let’s stop and slow down for a moment and have a real discussion about this. Putting aside CHAZ, do you truly believe that Black Lives Matter organized and led violent rioting and looting last summer? That they were directly behind the bad stuff that happened? 
You’ve moved the goal posts way back now.  

Now you can ask the exact same questions about the capitol riot. Depending on your tolerance for divisive speech you should get the exact same answer for both. 

I was over at Parler from the beginning. In one of the private discussions with some of the established veteran members there, many of them fellow small business owners like me, the suggestion came up on how to handle anyone who denied the violence associated with BLM protests/riots.

Every time there was a major riot in a Big Blue city associated with a BLM protest, the donations to BLM went through the roof. They were processed through Act Blue, which funneled the money to Thousand Currents, since BLM doesn't have it's own charter yet, and to ensure the tax exempt status. This kicks through to Patrisse Cullors, the lone remaining founder who is in charge of the entire organization. Satellite branches of BLM have complained that they get no input and no funding from the parent organization. The money is spent on outside "consulting" which is a way to funnel money back to the DNC.

The suggestion was to leverage Thousand Currents to pressure Cullors to stage protests in specific locations. Namely right in front of the BLM violence/riot deniers.

So Tim, here's where the rubber meets the road. You've bragged about running and managing several malls. It would a litmus test of your viewpoint ( and it's your right to your free speech and your opinion on the violence, or what you claim is not violence, spawning from BLM protests/riots. ) is if there is a persistent push to get these BLM protests in front of your malls. It would also be interesting if the insurance carriers and shop owners of those malls found out you catalyzed, directly or indirectly, BLM protests there.

After all, they start at 1PM, and like you say, there is peaceful marching, and they end promptly at 5PM.

Since you feel so strongly about the movement, I suppose you would not, in theory, looking a hypothetical scenario, mind a series of raw coincidences where BLM protests are surrounding your malls.

We all here are only five people away from Kevin Bacon.

I wonder how close you can get to BLM protests and ask yourself if you will feel the same way then when it's right outside your window as you do right now.

PS For the record, I'm three people away from Kevin Bacon and only two people away from Samuel L Jackson, but surprisingly only one person away from those linked to Act Blue and Thousand Currents.
:goodposting:

Now you can ask the exact same questions about the capitol riot. Depending on your tolerance for divisive speech you should get the exact same answer for both. 
Do I think BLM leaders were trying to get people to riot and loot and destroy property?  No.

Do I think Trump was trying to get people to storm the Capitol and overthrow the election?  Yeah.

Not sure what goal posts you’re referring to. I objected to the use of the term “BLM/Antifa riots” to refer to the riots last summer. I don’t think that’s a fair term and I will continue to object to it. 
If someone referred to what happened on January 6 as “The Republican Party riot” or “The conservative movement riot” I would offer the same objection. 

From the above article: 

In fact the Black Lives Matter protests were remarkably nonviolent. When there was violence it was caused either by police or counterprotestors. 

Damn- imagine that! 

Lol. And now you can understand why I stopped giving a hoot about sources and focus on the actual content. 

Eta: well not you of course, since you only see what you want. I should have said "some people"

Last edited by a moderator:
But she would have been killed worse than the rest.  I’m not debating how she or any others should have felt that day, I’m sure it was a traumatic experience for many there.  She’s just the ultimate drama queen.    
Why is this the debate or whatever. I don’t get this. It’s so far down the list of what is important to take away from what lead up to and what happened that day. 

Seems to be a painfully obvious diversion from what should be discussed.

Why is this the debate or whatever. I don’t get this. It’s so far down the list of what is important to take away from what lead up to and what happened that day. 

Are you suggesting disingenuousness? My stars.

She wasn’t the cause for the Capitol being stormed, cops getting beaten. It was one man’s vanity that all that.
why not blame the people who actually DID it ? who actually WENT IN ? 

they chose and remember - Trump DID say protest peacefully (most CNN type media doesn't want you to know that )

I would point out that AOC also said that there have been repeated attempts on her life, but that would be a waste of time since most people in here would hurry to defend that obviously false statement. 

OMG somebody posted something mean on twitter to her, that is totally the same thing!!! 

why not blame the people who actually DID it ? who actually WENT IN ? 

they chose and remember - Trump DID say protest peacefully (most CNN type media doesn't want you to know that )
Of course. Also blame the guy who spent months winding them up with tinhat stuff.

Glad to see we have moved on from talking about AOC’s reaction to this.

The General said:

This is the AOC thread. Your list by definition cant have much to do with the topic. 

AOC’s reaction is definitely the important issues of Jan 6th. Carry on.
There are threads on all types of subjects here. Have you seen the FFA?  

There is a thread especially for Jan 6th if you are interested. Perfect for venting your frustrations about Trump.  Seems people have lost a little bit of interest though, it hasn't been bumped since Monday.  

There are threads on all types of subjects here. Have you seen the FFA?  

There is a thread especially for Jan 6th if you are interested. Perfect for venting your frustrations about Trump.  Seems people have lost a little bit of interest though, it hasn't been bumped since Monday.  
Thread moderation is the issue, I see.

I have noticed in your responses you have yet to discuss how relevant you think this discussion is. Do you care to discuss this? That is the only thing I find interesting about this thread.

Thanks. Who knows what she was feeling at the time is my take. But yeah, AOC is obviously not shy of media attention. 

Just coming back from a little FBG vacation and cracks me up to see this thread still getting bumped. This is so unimportant. Like if your car gets totaled and someone is hung up that the side mirror is broken.
No. This is like if your car gets totaled and the girl down the street starts telling everybody she almost died in the accident even though she wasn't in the car.  

No. This is like if your car gets totaled and the girl down the street starts telling everybody she almost died in the accident even though she wasn't in the car.  
This is pretty funny. 

But, I’d be much more concerned about the dude who totaled my car, how my car got totaled, what needs to happen next, how is this person to be held accountable, who is accountable. 

Analyzing the girl down the streets take on my car wreck wouldn’t be high on my list of things to be upset about with. 

No. This is like your side mirror getting broken. A bunch of people try to say the car is totaled and the girl down the street says she almost died even though she wasn't even in the car.  

This is pretty funny. 

But, I’d be much more concerned about the dude who totaled my car, how my car got totaled, what needs to happen next, how is this person to be held accountable, who is accountable. 

Analyzing the girl down the streets take on my car wreck wouldn’t be high on my list of things to be upset about with. 
That thread is still on page 1 even though it hasn't been bumped since Monday. Cant find it?  

Users who are viewing this thread