What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Buffalo vs Kansas City -3 (54.5)*** Bills vs Chiefs, Allen vs Mahomes, American Football Conference Championship Game (2 Viewers)

I don’t understand how these coaches don’t get it. After seeing all these teams playing not to lose, losing. With all the metrics we have now. What a useless field goal. 
Some of them just don’t get it. It took YEARS to get the 4th and short punting past midfield out of the game. Suspect this will be eventually mocked out of the game too. 

KC should gone for 2 there to try to get up 3 scores if they miss it Buffalo still needs a 2 pointer instead of 2 2 pointers.

Just think Cleveland had their chance to knock off KC 8 mins left and down 5 and Henne as their QB.  1 Drive could done it possibly.  

I don’t understand how these coaches don’t get it. After seeing all these teams playing not to lose, losing. With all the metrics we have now. What a useless field goal. 
Keep in mind we still have a large contingent of NFL coaches/football people who openly mock those metrics and say football is played with the eye test. And heart. And guts.

Last edited by a moderator:
KC should gone for 2 there to try to get up 3 scores if they miss it Buffalo still needs a 2 pointer instead of 2 2 pointers.
With as good as KC is down near the stripe (remember when Andy Reid teams were notoriously awful at the goaline? What a new world) I agree I would much rather have that 2nd 2-pointer in the hands of my offense than my defense if I am KC.

No way.  Kicking the extra point ensures that the Bills need six field goals to take the lead.  Without the extra point they’d tie it up with five.   :thumbup:

Just so many dumb plays tonight. Buffalo clearly not ready to play in a game this big. Showing they are totally in over their heads.

When did the rule change where once a QB puts his hands under center he can't come back out? I know it was a while ago, but I've wondered many times when that changed. Anyone?

I like Josh Allen but he hasn’t been very good the last couple of games
He hasn’t been fantastic tonight, but his receivers haven’t been able to get open at all, his O-line has been a sieve all night, and guys  have dropped quite a few balls. He has had zero help.

So how do the Bills bounce back next year? They have a lot of talent. They can be really. really good. 

Or does Allen regress after this? 
... why would he regress? It anything he made a huge leap in awareness and accuracy compared to last year. As long as the offense evolves and he keeps learning he'll get better. This is the same stuff I didn't understand when they talked about Lamar Jackson like he'd suddenly disappear as a QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Gutless call. Look at what that did for GB. 

So how do the Bills bounce back next year? They have a lot of talent. They can be really. really good. 

Or does Allen regress after this? 
He's a likely candidate for regression unless he really did remake his mechanics, which he's seemed to. But I was reading an article the other day about career completion percentage and Allen hadn't been over sixty-five until this year and had always been under sixty, IIRC. And this was going back to high school.

Not saying it can't be done, and he's had a tremendous year, but I'd expect regression.

He's a likely candidate for regression unless he really did remake his mechanics, which he's seemed to. But I was reading an article the other day about career completion percentage and Allen hadn't been over sixty-five until this year and had always been under sixty, IIRC. And this was going back to high school.

Not saying it can't be done, and he's had a tremendous year, but I'd expect regression.
Doesn't mean he cant continue to stay above it, though

... why would he regress? It anything he made a huge leap in awareness and accuracy compared to last year. As long as the offense evolves and he keeps learning he'll get better. This is the same stuff I didn't understand when they talked about Lamar Jackson like he'd suddenly disappear as a QB.
Like last week? 

Nah, just teasing. 

I didn't mean in skill set, I meant psychologically. It's so tough to get to the Championship game. I think it makes him hungrier next year. 

He hasn’t been fantastic tonight, but his receivers haven’t been able to get open at all, his O-line has been a sieve all night, and guys  have dropped quite a few balls. He has had zero help.
Yeah we were saying the same thing about Lamar in Baltimore last week 

This sucks, but KC was favored for a reason and they played lights out tonight.  Definitely pulling for KC in the super bowl if nothing miraculous happens in the next 9 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread