What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2022 NFL Draft Class (1 Viewer)

In the last year I had high hopes for this class so I accumulated 3 1sts for next year.  Then after more in depth analysis and the fact I am stacked at WR, I traded one of those pics with Justin Fields to get Josh Allen and may look to trade another to get me by another year at RB and focus on 2023 RBs.

In the last year I had high hopes for this class so I accumulated 3 1sts for next year.  Then after more in depth analysis and the fact I am stacked at WR, I traded one of those pics with Justin Fields to get Josh Allen and may look to trade another to get me by another year at RB and focus on 2023 RBs.

I'm also leaning towards 2023.   Two late firsts for 2022 and I think offering those up in trades to mediocre teams looking to fast-forward development in exchange for their 2023 1st might be a good play, maybe working those in as "sweetener" .   If you're set at WR, I'm not getting the sense that the 2022 1st round is offering great value at RB or even QB in super-flex.   I don't think there's any TE candidates either.

Trade talks are heating up in my dynasty league with some teams ready to put a fork in this season and sell assets for future picks.  

I would like to get some idea of what a 2022 rookie draft might look like at this point in time in a 1QB 1/2 ppr.   Would anyone care to hazard an early mock rookie draft, or provide their critique of the following?

Round 1

1. Isaiah Spiller rb  a&m
  2. Breece Hall rb isu
  3. Treylon Burks wr ark
  4. David Bell wr purdue
  5. Garrett Wilson wr ohio st
  6. Chris Olave  wr ohio st
  7. Zach Charbonnet  rb  ucla
  8. Drake London wr usc
  9. Kenneth Walker III rb msu
  10. George Pickens  wr uga
  11. Jahan Dotson wr psu
  12. John Metchie III wr bama

Round 2

1. Jameson Williams wr bama
  2. Zonovan Knight rb ncsu
  3. Malik Willis qb  liberty
  4. Kyren Williams rb nd
  5. Jerrion Ealy rb miss
  6. Brian Robinson Jr. rb bama
  7. Matt Corral qb miss
  8. Joe Ngata  wr clemson
  9. Zamir White rb  uga
  10. Jalen Tolbert wr so al
  11. Trey McBride te co st
  12. Carson Strong qb nv

Round 3

1. Jalen Wydermyer te a&m
  2. Romeo Doubs wr nv
  3. Kenny Pickett qb pitt
  4. Ainias Smith wr a&m
  5. Zay Flowers wr bc
  6. Eric Gray rb okla
  7. Sam Howell qb unc
  8. Dontay Demus Jr. wr md
  9. Isaiah Likely te coastal car
  10. Justyn Ross wr clemson
  11. Desmond Ridder qb cincy
  12. Pierre Strong rb sdsu

Who should move up, who should move down?   

This would seem to represent a pretty uninspiring top half of round 1 compared to recent years.   I'm not sure if my early rb placeholders up top have been unseated?   I'm thinking Walker probably needs to show more in the passing game and maybe doesn't even belong in the 1st round of dynasty rookie mocks yet.   Perhaps the same can be said for Charbonnet's ceiling, but it's hard to believe there won't be at least four RBs taken in the first round of rookie drafts, even with a weak RB class and a deep WR class.   Do any of the 1st round WRs have what it takes to jump the top RBs to claim the top picks?   Do you think a TE or QB ultimately crashes the 1st in 1QB and non-TE premium?

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade talks are heating up in my dynasty league with some teams ready to put a fork in this season and sell assets for future picks.  

I would like to get some idea of what a 2022 rookie draft might look like at this point in time in a 1QB 1/2 ppr.   Would anyone care to hazard an early mock rookie draft, or provide their critique of the following?

1. Breece Hall rb  isu
  2. Isiah Spiller rb  a&m
  3. Garrett Wilson wr ohio st
  4. Chris Olave  wr ohio st
  5. Treylon Burks wr ark
  6. Zach Charbonnet  rb  ucla
  7. Kenneth Walker III rb msu
  8. David Bell wr purdue
  9. John Metchie III wr bama
  10. Drake London wr usc
  11. George Pickens  wr uga
  12. Jahan Dotson wr psu

4. Joe Ngata  wr clemson
  5. Jerrion Ealy rb miss
  6. Kyren Williams rb nd
  7. Matt Corral qb miss
  8. Zamir White rb  uga
  9. Jalen Tolbert wr so al
  10. Jalen Wydermyer te a&m
  11. Romeo Doubs wr nv
  12. Carson Strong qb nv

I personally would have both Bell and Burks over Olave and Wilson. 

If Spiller or Hall don’t go in round 1, are they worthy of the 1.01? 2013 and 2014 NFL drafts had no 1st round RBs taken for comparison. I believe Gio Bernard was the last player to be the consensus dynasty 1.01 without being a 1st round draft pick. 

If Spiller or Hall don’t go in round 1, are they worthy of the 1.01? 2013 and 2014 NFL drafts had no 1st round RBs taken for comparison. I believe Gio Bernard was the last player to be the consensus dynasty 1.01 without being a 1st round draft pick. 
Round 2 NFL RB picks have been 1.01 worthy in dynasty fantasy leagues.  Jonathan Taylor comes to mind.  I'm pretty sure there have been others recently.  RBs don't carry the same NFL value as they once did and it's been that way for a long time.

Round 2 NFL RB picks have been 1.01 worthy in dynasty fantasy leagues.  Jonathan Taylor comes to mind.  I'm pretty sure there have been others recently.  RBs don't carry the same NFL value as they once did and it's been that way for a long time.
Taylor was worthy, but CEH was the 1.01 in most leagues. Just highlighting that 0 or 1 RBs may be selected in the 1st round of the draft and people should plan accordingly. We’ll see who declares, but this class reminds me of the 2019 class.

I'm not expecting any RB to be drafted in Round 1 of the 2022 NFL draft, but it could happen late.   I still think the top guy in round 2, or one of the round 2 guys with the best landing spot is still the most likely answer to the 1.1 in rookie drafts.

At this point I don't think any of the top WRs are doing enough to take the 1.1 but can't rule it out if one of them balls out, wins the underwear olympics, and gets an amazing landing spot. 

Taylor was worthy, but CEH was the 1.01 in most leagues. Just highlighting that 0 or 1 RBs may be selected in the 1st round of the draft and people should plan accordingly. We’ll see who declares, but this class reminds me of the 2019 class.
2023 is the year for RBs, not 2022.

2023 is the year for RBs, not 2022.

Bijan Robinson, Bigsby, Gibbs still the big 3?   Any others looking like they're destined for 1st round rookie drafts?

I'm going to have to backfill D. Henry at some point.   Antonio Gibson is also looking a little less of a sure thing moving forward.   I'm sitting on two late 1sts in 2022.    I'm thinking that trading for 1sts in 2023 might be a good long play, or just going after distressed value guys like Miles Sanders and CEH on rebuilding teams and loading up on depth.

Of course it's very early.   Maybe late 1st ends up being a prime spot for some of these 2022 RBs.   However, I kind of imagine that all of these 2022 RBs will end up overdrafted and overvalued based on scarcity. 

Bijan Robinson, Bigsby, Gibbs still the big 3?   Any others looking like they're destined for 1st round rookie drafts?
Add Zach Evans, Kendall Milton, and DeMarkcus Bowman to that list.  Evans is looking like a stud.  Milton and Bowman are currently behind other players, but both should get lots of play next season.

Add Zach Evans, Kendall Milton, and DeMarkcus Bowman to that list.  Evans is looking like a stud.  Milton and Bowman are currently behind other players, but both should get lots of play next season.
Really, it's Robinson and then a decent size gap.

Both Bigsby and Gibbs have been somewhat underwhelming in the running game this year, at least Gibbs will have a receiving roll if nothing else. Bowman hasn't shown much at all. Evans is the dark horse, if he can behave himself, he could be right behind Robinson. I ended up with him in a few Devy leagues and I have my doubts.

As far as the 2022 draft, I have Wilson as the safest pick at WR1. Burks and Pickens both have the upside to finish over him if everything works out for them. Not sold on Bell, anytime I hear about someone winning  a bunch of contested catches it's a red flag. Most of the mocks I've seen do not have him being drafted near the other top prospects. Combine should give us a good idea where he stands.

Both Bigsby and Gibbs have been somewhat underwhelming in the running game this year, at least Gibbs will have a receiving roll if nothing else. Bowman hasn't shown much at all. Evans is the dark horse, if he can behave himself, he could be right behind Robinson. I ended up with him in a few Devy leagues and I have my doubts.

As far as the 2022 draft, I have Wilson as the safest pick at WR1. Burks and Pickens both have the upside to finish over him if everything works out for them. Not sold on Bell, anytime I hear about someone winning  a bunch of contested catches it's a red flag. Most of the mocks I've seen do not have him being drafted near the other top prospects. Combine should give us a good idea where he stands.
As far as Bell, go watch his game against Iowa.  He embarrassed a future 1st round NFL CB.  For the most part it wasn't contested catches he was winning, he was open all over the field.

sushinsky4tsar said:

Round 1

1. Isaiah Spiller rb  a&m
  2. Breece Hall rb isu
  3. Treylon Burks wr ark
  4. David Bell wr purdue
  5. Garrett Wilson wr ohio st
  6. Chris Olave  wr ohio st
  7. Zach Charbonnet  rb  ucla
  8. Drake London wr usc
  9. Kenneth Walker III rb msu
  10. George Pickens  wr uga
  11. Jahan Dotson wr psu
  12. John Metchie III wr bama

Round 2

4. Kyren Williams rb nd
  5. Jerrion Ealy rb miss
  6. Matt Corral qb miss
  7. Joe Ngata  wr clemson
  8. Zamir White rb  uga
  9. Jalen Tolbert wr so al
  10. Trey McBride te co st
  11. Carson Strong qb nv
  12. Romeo Doubs wr nv

Round 3

1. Jalen Wydermyer te a&m
  2. Kenny Pickett qb pitt
  3. Ainias Smith wr a&m
  4. Zay Flowers wr bc
  5. Eric Gray rb okla
  6. Sam Howell qb unc
  7. Dontay Demus Jr. wr md
  8. Isaiah Likely te coastal car
  9. Justyn Ross wr clemson
  10. Desmond Ridder qb cincy
  11. Brian Robinson rb bama
  12. Pierre Strong rb sdsu

This would seem to represent a pretty uninspiring top half of round 1 compared to recent years.   I'm not sure if my early rb placeholders up top have been unseated?   I'm thinking Walker probably needs to show more in the passing game and maybe doesn't even belong in the 1st round of dynasty rookie mocks yet.   Perhaps the same can be said for Charbonnet's ceiling, but it's hard to believe there won't be at least four RBs taken in the first round of rookie drafts, even with a weak RB class and a deep WR class.   Do any of the 1st round WRs have what it takes to jump the top RBs to claim the top picks?   Do you think a TE or QB ultimately crashes the 1st in 1QB and non-TE premium?
I think I'd have Brian Robinson up near the end of round 1. He's older, but he looks pretty good running and receiving now that he's getting a shot. 

I actually kind of like the RBs. Charbonnet looks great and I agree with him at RB 3. Walker and Robinson are not bad RB4/5s compared to most years. It's not 2020 or 2023, but with the wr depth I think it's a pretty average class, and has gotten kind of a bad rep. QBs look not very good. TEs I hear are deep, but I can't really speak to that. 

As far as the 2022 draft, I have Wilson as the safest pick at WR1
I agree with this. I expect Wilson to kind of separate from the WR pack as we get nearer to the draft. 

There was much hype and controversy over Evans’ recruitment.  Evans caused a lot of it, but I think the bad rap was overblown.  He had somewhat of an inflated ego more than anything else.  He’s looking like the real deal.  You can’t really judge Bowman yet.  He transferred from Clemson and is behind two other backs.  Talk to me this time next year about Bowman.  Same thing with Milton, he’s behind other players.  Both Milton and Bowman will get more play next year, especially Milton.

Users who are viewing this thread