What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Marjorie Taylor Greene Thread (2 Viewers)

Don't forget "9/11 absolutely happened".

(Um....you never said it didn't happen, Marjorie. You just implied that our own government was behind it, and questioned whether real planes were involved. You also defended your beliefs and said you would never back down as recently as....last week.)
I think she actually said “I need to tell you that 9/11 absolutely happened.”  Like, she’s been doing some research and YOU WON’T BELIEVE THIS, GUYS!

I sincerely don’t give a crap whether she’s stripped of her assignments, but what an absolute turnip. 

I disagree.  Making a statement that forest fires are caused by Jewish space lasers shows that the person isn't capable of rational thought and should be nowhere near a governing body.  You wouldn't think this would be a controversial stance, yet here we are.
As I recall, there was this dude that had a massive public forum from which to blast out whatever word drool came to mind and he said something along the lines of injecting disinfectant might be helpful in fighting COVID. We suffered through that and more, pretty sure this a minor speed bump at this point.

"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

He continued.

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

Swalwell says that he didn't know that the woman was an alleged spy, and he ended his affiliation with her once he was notified by the authorities. In order for your whataboutism to be comparable, it would be a bit like Marjorie Taylor Greene saying that she had no idea that jet fuel really could melt steel beams, followed by her renouncing her conspiracy beliefs once she was presented with the facts.

Did that happen? No.
Having him stay on the intelligence committee is pretty farcical, though, isn't it?  

Before the vote, Hoyer brought in an enlarged picture of Greene's tweet with her holding an AR-15 next to pics of three "Squad" members along with the tweet: "Squad's worst nightmare."  As Hoyer properly noted, those women are, in fact, professional colleagues.   

“I was allowed to believe things that weren’t true” is a first-ballot selection in the Weaselly Use of Passive Voice Hall of Fame. 
"Things that weren't true were allowed to be believed by me."
From the same people claiming "censorship" and having their 1A rights taken away by Twitter and FB.

ETA

Of course I have money on both TB & KC to win the SB so perhaps I'm not one to be throwing stones here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before the vote, Hoyer brought in an enlarged picture of Greene's tweet with her holding an AR-15 next to pics of three "Squad" members along with the tweet: "Squad's worst nightmare."  As Hoyer properly noted, those women are, in fact, professional colleagues.   
Yeah...but AOC lied.  And Cheney voted against Trump.  Apparently...to some, that is worse.

And the worst consequences MTG will see is losing committee appointments.

Miami Republicans vote to kick Parkland conspiracy theorist off House committees

This is the Parkland effect in South Florida. 

>>All three of South Florida’s House Republicans voted Thursday to remove Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene — who previously questioned whether the 2018 Parkland school shooting actually happened and filmed herself harassing Parkland survivors who pushed for gun control — from the House committee that oversees education policy, breaking with their party and standing with a group of Parkland victims’ families who urged them to vote yes.

The votes by Reps. Mario Diaz-Balart, Carlos Gimenez and Maria Elvira Salazar came as a surprise at the last moment during a 30-minute vote late Thursday. They bucked House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, part of a group of Republicans who waited till the end to cast their “yes” votes for a resolution authored by Broward Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

“Voting against a member of your own party is never easy, but everyone in Congress must be held to the same high standard,” Salazar said in a statement shortly after the vote. “I had to hold Marjorie Taylor Greene accountable for her denial of the Parkland massacre, the Flight 77 crash and accusing a Jewish family of starting the California wildfires. From now on, I will hold every Democrat to this new standard that they have created.”<<

What standard is Salazar referring to?

Miami Republicans vote to kick Parkland conspiracy theorist off House committees

>>All three of South Florida’s House Republicans voted Thursday to remove Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene — who previously questioned whether the 2018 Parkland school shooting actually happened and filmed herself harassing Parkland survivors who pushed for gun control — from the House committee that oversees education policy, breaking with their party and standing with a group of Parkland victims’ families who urged them to vote yes.

The votes by Reps. Mario Diaz-Balart, Carlos Gimenez and Maria Elvira Salazar came as a surprise at the last moment during a 30-minute vote late Thursday. They bucked House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, part of a group of Republicans who waited till the end to cast their “yes” votes for a resolution authored by Broward Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

“Voting against a member of your own party is never easy, but everyone in Congress must be held to the same high standard,” Salazar said in a statement shortly after the vote. “I had to hold Marjorie Taylor Greene accountable for her denial of the Parkland massacre, the Flight 77 crash and accusing a Jewish family of starting the California wildfires. From now on, I will hold every Democrat to this new standard that they have created.”<<

living in reality is a standard that Democrats have apparently created.

Acknowledging reality? :shrug:

What a weird thing to say. It's an unintentional dig at both himself and the Republican party -- basically admitting that he didn't believe in holding people accountable until a rival political party convinced him to do so.

What a weird thing to say. It's an unintentional dig at both himself and the Republican party -- basically admitting that he didn't believe in holding people accountable until a rival political party convinced him to do so.
:lmao:    Um, okay?

The Upside Down is for realz.
Nah...clear when they vote in private vs. public how their stances change.

MTG and Impeachment...public votes...have to appear to support the party line.

Cheney, private...can vote more how you feel...see more support against the "party" line.

And it continues...

Marjorie Taylor Greene 

@mtgreenee

I woke up early this morning literally laughing thinking about what a bunch of morons the Democrats (+11) are for giving some one like me free time. In this Democrat tyrannical government, Conservative Republicans have no say on committees anyway. Oh this is going to be fun!

7:59 AM · Feb 5, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://mobile.twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1357675098887577601

And it continues...

Marjorie Taylor Greene 

@mtgreenee

I woke up early this morning literally laughing thinking about what a bunch of morons the Democrats (+11) are for giving some one like me free time. In this Democrat tyrannical government, Conservative Republicans have no say on committees anyway. Oh this is going to be fun!

She just seems to be a continuation of Trump.  The exact same style of tweeting.  Play the victim, name calling, complain about democrats.

Yeah...she is definitely remorseful.

And it continues...

Marjorie Taylor Greene 

@mtgreenee

I wonder if she realizes that she's dunking on herself here.  "Someone like me"?  Yes, someone bat#### crazy like you.

Saw this which is incredible and scary and a whole lot of other things

GOP votes to remove Liz Cheney: 61

GOP votes to remove Marjorie Taylor Greene: 11
Those that voted to remove Greene, not to remove Cheney, and impeach Trump are the ones to target for healing and unity. Big number, huh.

I think she actually said “I need to tell you that 9/11 absolutely happened.”  Like, she’s been doing some research and YOU WON’T BELIEVE THIS, GUYS!

I sincerely don’t give a crap whether she’s stripped of her assignments, but what an absolute turnip. 
Close:

I also want to tell you, 9/11 absolutely happened. I remember that day, crying all day long and watching it on the news and it’s a tragedy for anyone to say it didn’t happen. And so, that I definitely want to tell you, I do not believe that it’s fake.
So, technically, she didn't even say that it happened. She said that she "wants to" say it happened and she "wants to" tell everyone she doesn't believe it's fake.  :shrug:  I want to tell everyone that a cure for Covid-19 has been found and that it is being distributed by radio waves so that by tomorrow it will disappear. The fact that I want to do that doesn't mean I believe it's true.

One of these is not like the others.
like yes - exactly like no

lying, anti-Semitism, gross exaggerations and accusing capitol police, supporting violence, .... you can google the things Omar and AOC have said

they need to be dealt with just like crazy Greene has been 

its time

Close:

So, technically, she didn't even say that it happened. She said that she "wants to" say it happened and she "wants to" tell everyone she doesn't believe it's fake.  :shrug:  I want to tell everyone that a cure for Covid-19 has been found and that it is being distributed by radio waves so that by tomorrow it will disappear. The fact that I want to do that doesn't mean I believe it's true.
She never denied that 9/11 happened in the first place. She questioned whether the Pentagon was hit by a plane. For all I know she still does. 
Given her tweet this morning Kevin McCarthy looks like even more of a fool. And now she’s about to hold a press conference. 

like yes - exactly like no

lying, anti-Semitism, gross exaggerations and accusing capitol police, supporting violence, .... you can google the things Omar and AOC have said

they need to be dealt with just like crazy Greene has been 

its time
Yep!  But apparently Democrats don't believe Marxists/Communists are crazy.  It's those other guys.

We've got the entire 20th century to show us how "not crazy" they were.

Omar and AOC have called for a centrally planned economy and for the government to own and control the means of production?  If so they should definitely be stopped!  I had no idea.
Not in those exact words, but yeah.  that's the ultimate goal.

baby steps, my friend.  baby steps.  

I love how she immediately jumps into the national debt. Yet....

Taylor Commercial, widely listed in business directories in recent years as a residential renovation and siding contractor,[21] received, during the 2020 pandemic, Paycheck Protection Program funding from the Small Business Administration in the amount of $182,300.[22][23] SBA filings declared Taylor Commercial expected to save 12 jobs with the federal funds.[24] During a July 2020 Republican congressional primary debate, Greene’s main opponent, neurosurgeon John Cowan, questioned Greene’s acceptance of the PPP money despite her opposition to Congressional appropriations of relief funds during the pandemic.[25][26]

One of these is not like the others.
If Rs get the House in 2022 you can expect this action to be turned on them.  I would expect that Omar (virulent anti-Semite), Tlaib ("From the mountains to the sea"), Swalwell (compromised - no way should be on an intelligence committee), Hastings (convicted of perjury and vice chair of the rules committee?  Farcical), and maybe other actors in the Democrat party to be stripped, and rightly so.

Users who are viewing this thread