What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kadarius Toney, KC (1 Viewer)

I'm an owner but I don't know how you can list that with a straight face and not say he is injury prone.  He's only been in the nfl for 3 months and that's what happened?  Maybe it's chance but maybe it's the sign of a body that can't stand up to the rigors of the league

Because these events aren't connected.

Any player could have their finger crushed by a helmet.

Any player can take a helmet to their quad in a scrum.

Notably, these two injuries have cost Toney approximately 10 minutes of total game time?

At this point, what evidence do we have to suggest his hamstring and ankle injuries are likely to be recurring?

Kadarius Toney (quad) remained sidelined on Thursday. 

Toney, who has been battling something pretty all year, is now seriously questionable to suit up against the Eagles on Sunday. With Sterling Shepard (quad) still sidelined, new play-caller Freddie Kitchens could be dealing with a short deck in a hopeless situation. If Toney does go, he is proving to be a volatile WR3 with poor quarterbacking and constant injury concerns. 

Nov 25, 2021, 1:47 PM ET

Looking like dropsville in red raft 
Dropped him for Van Jefferson when Woods went down, dropped Jefferson for Foreman the following week, dropped Foreman for Mooney (who had been off & on rosters a lot this season) before this week.

Point being that I am always the most active owner on my WW and I not only dropped Toney but I haven't considered picking him back up.

Yet.

Dropped him for Van Jefferson when Woods went down, dropped Jefferson for Foreman the following week, dropped Foreman for Mooney (who had been off & on rosters a lot this season) before this week.

Point being that I am always the most active owner on my WW and I not only dropped Toney but I haven't considered picking him back up.

Yet.

Grabbed Shepard instead of him this week.  Both looking like duds.

Judge Smails said:
C’mon. So frustrating 
Yeah it’s frustrating. Wednesday signs were pointing to Lamb playing yesterday so I adjusted my WW rankings to take Toney over Cedric Wilson (who would of gotten me 10 points) and now it looks like Toney may not play. 

ESPN's Jordan Raanan said he "wouldn't expect" Kadarius Toney to play in Week 12 against the Eagles. 

There was no sign of Toney or Sterling Shepard at Friday's practice. Both wideouts have dealt with quad injuries this week and neither player seems likely to suit up against the Eagles. The free-falling Giants will take on a resurgent Philly defense without two of their best offensive weapons. It should lead to more targets for Kenny Golladay, but who knows in a dysfunctional New York offense. 

SOURCE: Jordan Raanan on Twitter 

Nov 26, 2021, 12:54 PM ET

The kid is super talented…it may not be this year as this qb and team is a wreck but long term he looks to be a future star.

Kadarius Toney (quad) did not practice on Wednesday.

Toney didn't practice at all last week and was ultimately kept inactive. He appears to be on pace for a similar treatment this week. He'll need to get upgraded to a limited participant by the end of the week to have any chance of facing the Dolphins. If he and Sterling Shepard are sidelined again, Kenny Golladay and Darius Slayton would both have some low-end FLEX value, although a Mike Glennon start would hamstring the offense's upside. 

RELATED: 

Sterling Shepard

Dec 1, 2021, 12:02 PM ET

Just dropped. Thinking of picking him up. Maybe the NYG get it together down the stretch with Kitchens calling the plays.

Just dropped. Thinking of picking him up. Maybe the NYG get it together down the stretch with Kitchens calling the plays.
If you have an open spot (especially in a PPR) he is definitely worth picking up.  I was torn between Josh Reynolds and Toney for this weeks waiver run.  I prioritized Reynolds because I needed someone this week otherwise I would have gone Toney.  

If you have an open spot (especially in a PPR) he is definitely worth picking up.  I was torn between Josh Reynolds and Toney for this weeks waiver run.  I prioritized Reynolds because I needed someone this week otherwise I would have gone Toney.  

My top 3 WRs are Diggs, Godwin, and M. Pittman. With a bye in hand, I've stockpiled high upside WRs in J. Jones and C. Ridley. Probably would have to drop one of Julio or Ridley for Toney.

NYG weeks 16 and 17 schedule not so hot. @PHI and @CHI.

My top 3 WRs are Diggs, Godwin, and M. Pittman. With a bye in hand, I've stockpiled high upside WRs in J. Jones and C. Ridley. Probably would have to drop one of Julio or Ridley for Toney.

NYG weeks 16 and 17 schedule not so hot. @PHI and @CHI.
I would have no problem dropping either of those two for Toney.  

Jordan Raanan

@JordanRaanan

Sterling Shepard (quad) doing some light work at practice. Think he has an outside chance vs Dolphins.

Not looking as good for WR Kadarius Toney (quad/oblique). He was working on a side field with a trainer. Seems doubtful he’ll play.

ya, he's looking more like a dynasty play than redraft at this point.  Even if he practiced this week and played this weekend who would have the confidence to start him given the QB situation, the offense and Toney's injury.  So even if he were to start you're going to take a wait and see approach so next week would be first chance to realistically start him.  So now if he were to be healthy next week, you're waiting a week which brings you right into playoffs.  

Dynasty / Keeper gem for sure.  Hoping the off-season to get healthy and maybe even a new QB will be good for him next season.

I would argue that Jones and Ridley are the same.   You are really rolling the dice on any of them and for me I think Toney has more of a chance of coming back and being a PPR asset this year. 

Lol right now I have Julio, Ridley and Toney all on my bench as playoff stashes. 

Kadarius Toney (quad/oblique) did not practice Wednesday.

Toney was in uniform but worked with trainers during the open portion of practice. He will likely do down as a DNP once the Giants release their first injury report of the week. Toney has been plagued by injuries through his rookie year. For now, he looks set to miss another week. With Kenny Golladay also sidelined in practice, Darius Slayton and Sterling Shepard could be the top options for Mike Glennon in Week 14.

SOURCE: Dan Duggan on Twitter

Dec 8, 2021, 2:12 PM ET

NJ.com's Zack Rosenblatt considers Kadarius Toney (quad, oblique) a poor bet to return for Sunday's game against the Chargers.

Meanwhile, Rosenblatt's fellow beat reporter Daniel Duggan observed Toney suffering a potential setback on Thursday, pulling up gingerly following a route and departing the practice field with a trainer. If you find yourself in a desperate situation and were holding out hope Toney would return to catch passes from Mike Glennon or Jake Fromm, it sounds like it is time to make other plans. 

SOURCE: Zack Rosenblatt on Twitter 

Dec 9, 2021, 3:33 PM ET

Kadarius Toney (oblique) was listed as limited during Thursday's practice.

It sure did seem like Toney pulled up gingerly following a practice route in the portion of practice open to the media on Thursday, but this listing is a bit of a contrast since it upgrades Toney from his DNP on Wednesday. Consider Toney on the doubtful side of questionable heading into the Friday practice updates. 

Dec 9, 2021, 5:09 PM ET

Kadarius Toney (oblique) is out for Week 14 against the Chargers.

Toney was caught on camera moving gingerly on Thursday and Friday, and his chances of playing in Week 14 looked highly doubtful. The Giants may at least get Sterling Shepard back against the Chargers, but with Daniel Jones out the Giants passing game could be in rough shape. Toney will attempt to return in Week 15 when the Giants face the Cowboys.

Dec 10, 2021, 4:46 PM ET

If he’s walking gingerly at this point I can’t believe he’ll play again this season.  Why wouldn’t they just shut him down at this point?

I had Beckham rookie year heroics dancing in my head after the Dallas game. What a shame. 

Big time...I am really surprised just how athletic/electric he looks compared to other NFL players and you can tell he knows how to play WR and isn't simply an athletic freak...I have him on both my Dynasty teams and feel he could end up being a big-time difference-maker...there are definitely some warts on him as he has had "something going on" since training camp be it injuries, newsworthy quotes, playing for sub-par Coaches or losing his cool on the field...you can easily see the path for him not to reach his potential...the good news is, my guess is those that have him did not have to use a real high pick to get him or did not give up a lot to trade for him...this year has not gone how I thought it would after he flared-up but I am very excited about what he can do next year, this kid has top 10 potential if things break right for him.

Giants placed Kadarius Toney on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, Toney joined the list because of a positive test result. If vaccinated, he can return to the Giants after two negative tests 24 hours apart. In reality, players have typically missed one game before clearing all the necessary protocols. If that's the case for Toney, the Giants will role with a three-receiver set of Darius Slayton, Kenny Golladay, and Sterling Shepard again this week. Toney has been sidelined for multiple weeks because of an oblique issue. Golladay led the trio with 27 receiving yards last week. As long as Mike Glennon remains under center, all three can be forgotten about for fantasy purposes. 

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Dec 13, 2021, 5:49 PM ET

With Shepherd now out with a torn achilles... Toney coming back could have huge value.  Wonder what the chances are?

With Shepherd now out with a torn achilles... Toney coming back could have huge value.  Wonder what the chances are?

Afraid to say I think it's very low for this upcoming week at least.  Before he got put on COVID list last week he did not seem remotely close to returning.

It might be a situation were the only reason he's not been put on IR is so he can attend practice.

Kadarius Toney (oblique) is questionable for Week 16 against the Eagles. 

Activated from the COVID list on Thursday, it is unclear if Toney is back to football shape or even healthy enough to play given his lingering oblique injury. The Giants are at least giving him a chance, however, and Toney showed glimpses of his fantasy upside earlier this season, although Jake Fromm starting puts a damper on expectations. Toney will be tough to trust in semifinals matchups, but he will be an interesting DFS play if he is active. 

Dec 24, 2021, 1:58 PM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Kadarius Toney (oblique) "has a good chance of playing" in Week 16 against the Eagles.

Toney is dealing with the oblique issue and returning from the COVID list. Rapoport noted that he has a final hurdle to clear before getting the green light so be sure to check back in once the Giants announce their inactives. Toney was an explosive playmaker when healthy but struggled with consistency. He will be a risky WR4 option once officially active.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Dec 26, 2021, 8:34 AM ET

KADARIUS TONEY WR, NEW YORK GIANTS

Giants declared WR Collin Johnson, RB Gary Brightwell, LB Oshane Ximines, and G Ben Bredeson inactive for Week 16 against the Eagles.

Toney (oblique) will return to the gridiron after missing the past four games – and it's a much-needed boost to the Giants' receiving corps after Sterling Shepard suffered an Achilles injury in Week 15. With Collin Johnson also out, Toney and Kenny Golladay are the clear top-two wideouts for second-year QB Jake Fromm in his first career start. Still, it's tough to trust any Giants pass-catcher with such a volatile option under center. 

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter

Dec 26, 2021, 11:41 AM ET

Giants WR Kadarius Toney is not attending voluntary Giants minicamp.

There's probably not anything to be worried about just yet, but with such an explosive fantasy player, obviously you'd prefer to see him getting as many reps possible to marinate in Brian Daboll's offense. There is no stated reason why he is absent at this time.

SOURCE: Dan Duggan on Twitter

Apr 19, 2022, 5:21 PM ET

For a young player who didn’t make much of an impact the majority of the year it would be nice to see him there.

When the main question with him, at least for me, is whether or not he cares enough to put in all the work needed to maximize his vast potential you really hate to see this.

He also skipped the initial workouts a few weeks ago and that the players first chance to meet to meet Daboll, at least officially as their head coach.  So it's really bad in sense a guy whose love the game is questioned, coming off a disappointing year, and has a brand new staff that has said they have watched tape on him from Florida and want to talk to him about how he can best be utilized and he still won't show up.

Again this all may seem trivial later and I hope it does but this is absolutely not what I was hoping to see of his off-season so far.

I feel like he is going to go for 10-165-2 in week 1 than proceed to holdout and demand Davante Adams $.

Writing's on the wall with this guy.  He's had odd crap going on with him since the second the Giants drafted him.  Remember him practicing with only 1 shoe in OTAs?  Seems to have a 10 cent head at best.  I want out, but I know his value doubles with the first big game he has as everyone is frothing over the idea of him being the next Hill.

Users who are viewing this thread