What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo (1 Viewer)

I remember all this being talked about on multiple platforms in April of 2020 ....... people just ignored it for the most part

I'm GLAD its not gone away, that he was allowed to do what he did is unbelievable to me ..... I just figured he'd be covered up by Democrats and get away with his crimes 
Holding Cuomo accountable is a bi-partisan issue in NY. It hasn't always risen to the level of national news. 

I remember all this being talked about on multiple platforms in April of 2020 ....... people just ignored it for the most part

I'm GLAD its not gone away, that he was allowed to do what he did is unbelievable to me ..... I just figured he'd be covered up by Democrats and get away with his crimes 
I agree and the bolded is why I give credit to the Ds

No Cuomo himself told me otherwise. I found his daily speeches in April and May of last year to be uplifting, highly informative, and magnificent, the exact opposite of Trump’s incompetence. I think Cuomo helped to save many lives. Nothing else that he’s done or hasn’t done changes that. 
This speech back in April when he lied about knowing about the nursing home policy?

Is Cuomo being charged with involuntary manslaughter? 
I don’t think such phrases should be thrown around loosely, especially to describe public health policy. 
And you also completely ignored my main point: you complained that this wasn’t getting the attention of the Ted Cruz story- but the Cruz story is new. We’ve known about the nursing homes for months now. 
He killed a lot more people with his nursing home directive than Trump did with his inciting rhetoric on January 6th.

He killed a lot more people with his nursing home directive than Trump did with his inciting rhetoric on January 6th.
Why stuff like this?  Of course it's a true statement.  Problem is, it ignores the lack of leadership from Trump and the deaths that could have been avoided had we gone a different path.  You really want to go there?

Why stuff like this?  Of course it's a true statement.  Problem is, it ignores the lack of leadership from Trump and the deaths that could have been avoided had we gone a different path.  You really want to go there?
Last I checked this is the political forum. Cuomo deserved this criticism back in April but got none because of his speeches and CNN loved him. I spoke back then how horrible he has been during this and people basically rolled their eyes and ignored it. Otis loved him. Said he handled the crisis beautifully. Its amazing how a simple letter next to his name can cloud one's judgment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last I checked this is the political forum. Cuomo deserved this criticism back in April but got none because of his speeches and CNN loved him. I spoke back then how horrible he has been during this and people basically rolled their eyes and ignored it. Otis loved him. Said he handled the crisis beautifully. Its amazing how a simple letter next to his name can cloud one's judgment.
I'm talking about bringing Trump of all people into the "his actions caused X...." discussion.  Dump on Cuomo all you want...I'm good with that.  The last thing one needs to do is bring Trump into it and make Cuomo look better.  

Cuomo is a celebrity, and he's making excuses to try to brush it under the rug.......it's really pathetic

People should understand that NY state was following the CDC guidance at the time. Calling it "Cuomo's policy" is not correct. Not defending him, just stating the fact. Many states followed this guidance until it was updated. NY had a hospital bed crisis at the time as well. It's a complex set of events that one should really go back to March 2020 and read up on the timeline to fully get all of the facts correct. 
Do you have a link to this guidance?  Because what you're saying is what Cuomo says now (I don't remember him saying it then) but I don't remember that being official guidance at any point.  A reported even asked Fauci about it the other day and he just avoided the question.  I suspect it either wasn't the guidance or is being misinterpreted.  Otherwise, why did just a handful of states follow that guidance?  And why did Cuomo feel the need to cover up the magnitude of the mistake by gaming the numbers and not providing them to his legislature when they requested them? 

The timing is suspicious because I frankly think everything coming out was pretty much already known, but good on the D's for getting on board...better late than never.  Its a backhanded compliment but one that I'm not sure I can often give to R's either.

We'll see where it goes.

Its amazing, the one "bad thing" Cuomo did he blames on following the federal guidance. But EVERYTHING else he didnt trust the federal government and even said NY would do its own peer review on before following such as vaccines.

How convenient.

That would indeed be worthy of mockery if it was true. But it isn’t. I never offered his speeches as a defense for anything. A couple of posters brought up my reaction to those speeches from last year, apparently to rip me in light of what’s happening now. But I stand by what I wrote. His speeches were great. They don’t justify wrongdoing. 
Amazing you are so intent to die on this hill....this inability to own being wrong speaks volumes about all your positions. Everyone makes mistakes, being so intent to “stand by” why you wrote just looks sad. 

How about when he threatened to sue RI for imposing a quarantine on visitors from NY at the beginning of the crisis, then created his own quarantine when NY was doing well.

Unreal that people believed the BS drivel that he was spouting.

I've got mixed feelings here. On the one hand, Cuomo is a lib which means that he's bad so I hope he gets kicked out of office. On the other hand, I should probably be consistent about my beliefs on corona. I gotta respect a leader who prioritizes the lives of younger people. It's too bad he didn't have the guts to vocalize that attitude, but that's what makes him a Democrat.

How about when he threatened to sue RI for imposing a quarantine on visitors from NY at the beginning of the crisis, then created his own quarantine when NY was doing well.

But he gave a really good speech though.  Does that count for nothing?!

I'm glad to see this getting mainstream play now, but it's frustrating that people were pointing out that NY's nursing home death reporting didn't match reality way back in May if you looked in the right places.  And we're not talking about an obscure figure - he was the face of the pandemic response as far as governors go.  I'm disappointed that it took this long for things to really get brought out in the open, as I would think a dogged journalist could have unearthed this stuff by last summer at the latest.
There was a reason for that - it was a coordinated effort to suppress any bad information about Democrats until AFTER the election.  Don't think for one second that CNN (or any of the MSM) has turned a corner - they haven't and they won't ever.  They'll do the same in the future if necessary.

If you (not you personally) STILL think there aren't agenda's at play after reading this story then there is no hope for you - you'll be forever a lemming (again, not you personally).  There were reports early LAST year (like you said) that this was happening and it was all but ignored to "Get Trump".  With Trump, every litlle "source of a source of a source who had a friend who heard it from someone else" was FRONT PAGE NEWS every day for the last four years but somehow they couldn't be bothered to report on Cuomo.  You need to ask your self why that is.

The MSM has an agenda - make no mistake.  Truth, facts and logic are optional and totally dependent on the subject of the story.  

CNN or the MSM hasn't earned anything from me by reporting on this.  When they start consistently reporting on stories that don't benefit them then - and only then - will I start considering them as trusted.

Bull####. There was a draft Cuomo movement on this board. It's hilarious, your memory. You guys are awful. You just move the goalposts whenever you're blatantly wrong about something.
If you say so...but no...I don't think the movement was more than a few people...that isn't moving any goalposts..its my recollection of it...if Im wrong...show as much rather than just declaring BS and calling me and others awful. 

I think the only thing that didn't drive a bigger Cuomo push was Trump self immolating and it looked like a terrible candidate in Biden was still going to win.

Remember how many were suggesting he should run for POTUS etc? 
He's definitely got POTUS aspirations, or at least had them.  I still maintain he'd have no chance though, the SAFE Act will doom him.

I've never particularly liked the guy, he's got smarmy corrupt Albany politician written all over him.  There's been all sorts of bid-rigging corruption and the like that doesn't get the national publicity.  NY state politics is notoriously corrupt, and he's just another in the long line, "three men in a room" and the like.  

Do you have a link to this guidance?  Because what you're saying is what Cuomo says now (I don't remember him saying it then) but I don't remember that being official guidance at any point.  A reported even asked Fauci about it the other day and he just avoided the question.  I suspect it either wasn't the guidance or is being misinterpreted.  Otherwise, why did just a handful of states follow that guidance?  And why did Cuomo feel the need to cover up the magnitude of the mistake by gaming the numbers and not providing them to his legislature when they requested them? 
I used Google. I'm not defending anyone, please don't insinuate.

If you say so...but no...I don't think the movement was more than a few people...that isn't moving any goalposts..its my recollection of it...if Im wrong...show as much rather than just declaring BS and calling me and others awful. 
He's definitely right about this.  I know that because I was one of the people who thought Cuomo was handling the pandemic exceptionally well and I said so at the time.  (Unlike tim, I realized that I had been totally wrong about Cuomo a month or so later, and his mesmerizing speeches didn't distract me from his incompetence and malevolence, so I changed my mind back then and hopped off that particular bandwagon).  

Bull####. There was a draft Cuomo movement on this board. It's hilarious, your memory. You guys are awful. You just move the goalposts whenever you're blatantly wrong about something.
No, actually there wasn't that I recall, outside of a few people and here that could hardly be characterized as a draft Cuomo movement on this board

He's definitely right about this.  I know that because I was one of the people who thought Cuomo was handling the pandemic exceptionally well and I said so at the time.  (Unlike tim, I realized that I had been totally wrong about Cuomo a month or so later, and his mesmerizing speeches didn't distract me from his incompetence and malevolence, so I changed my mind back then and hopped off that particular bandwagon).  
Im not saying there weren't a few that did think that way.  I don't think it was nearly as big of a push that some are making it out to be now.

I didn't insinuate.  However, you made the following assertion:

People should understand that NY state was following the CDC guidance at the time.
This is simply not true.  Did you read the link you just posted.  There is no way in hell anyone can assert that Cuomo's order was in sync with the link you just posted.  So, you should retract your assertion I quoted above.  Let's deal in truth, not Cuomo talking points.

He stated "on this board".

And that article is all about his own ardent supporters there in NY talking about it.  IF we are talking about moving goalposts...that would be a big move there.
I did. It was echoed here. Many people hopped. You and squistion can bleat all you want to your heart's content; deep down, everybody knows who is right and what is true. You just a) always spew Democratic talking points as truth b) never want accountability when they're wrong.

Such is your story on the board and why you're treated the way you are.

Sorry if that's harsh. It's also truth. And you need to stop with the ellipses. I don't read past the first one. Who are you, the Larry King of board posters?

I did. It was echoed here. Many people hopped. You and squistion can bleat all you want to your heart's content; deep down, everybody knows who is right and what is true. You just a) always spew Democratic talking points as truth b) never want accountability when they're wrong.

Sorry if that's harsh. It's also truth. And you need to stop with the ellipses. I don't read past the first one. Who are you, the Larry King of board posters?
Ahh...more incorrect baseless criticism of the poster.  Typical lately.

Now giving a statement saying he wasn’t aggressive enough knocking down lies.

LOL Wat?!
That has broader application.

"Honey, I am not guilty of skronking that hot stripper, its just that I was not aggessive enough in honoring our marital fidelity."

"Officer, I know it seems like I have a nose full of blow and a belly full of beer, but what it is, is that I have not been aggessive enough in pursuing my sobriety.  Oh, sorry about those kids."

Were I Mr. Hand I would leave those words up on the bulletin board all day, for all my classes to see, giving Cuomo full credit, of course.

Not that many, as I only recall seeing about three legs in the air, but maybe I was too busy bleating at the time to make an accurate count. 🐑

He's definitely got POTUS aspirations, or at least had them.  I still maintain he'd have no chance though, the SAFE Act will doom him.

I've never particularly liked the guy, he's got smarmy corrupt Albany politician written all over him.  There's been all sorts of bid-rigging corruption and the like that doesn't get the national publicity.  NY state politics is notoriously corrupt, and he's just another in the long line, "three men in a room" and the like.  
Totally agree. It amazes me how quick some totally put their guard down and embrace anyone that would go against Trump. 

:goodposting:

That's pretty much political cheerleading these days.  

Cuomo should obviously be investigated and if found guilty received no quarter from his polticial allies.  If you were one of the ones who complained about him back in April....congratulations; you're probably going to be vindicated.  

.....why is it only now being talked about ? 

This wasn't from the GOP. It was leverage from Pelosi. Having Cuomo take fire pulls off heat from her nephew, Gavin Newsom, on his own recall. I.E. the Newsom narrative becomes - "He didn't kill people like Cuomo did, at least he got that right"

Obama/Biden/Harris need Pelosi right now because they have a Super Majority that is projected to fall when the HOR flips Red in 2022. There is a brief window to push in all the Marxist type legislation they want to shovel through.

In PR/Crisis Management terms, this is called a "controlled burn"

It was always either going to be Andrew Cuomo or Lori Lightfoot burned at the stake to deflect against all the other scandals the DNC piled up. Also they want as much suppression as possible on Stacey Abrams and Ralph Warnock being investigated in Georgia for ballot chasing/harvesting and on some breaking ripples about Biden's son in law in scandal.

The DNC has to protect Newsom as much as they can because he's their compromise choice if Harris' media optics fall apart and Gabbard runs as a third party. Newsom either gets the ticket or he is the VP candidate. He has a bizarrely high Q Score rating in general (It's not so bizarre actually, lots of suburban women find him attractive. Thirsty post Wall middle aged soccer moms guzzling down Starbucks and cheap Trader Joes wine are fairly predictable as voters)  The most awkward storyline of a Harris/Newsom ticket is the black woman can't get the suburban female vote but the white male can. The 2nd most awkward is both are not popular in California, and while that won't impact the electoral votes, it has a brutal impact down the CA ticket. Three CA HOR seats flipped Red in the last cycle, this with lockdowns preventing the GOP from campaigning at all.

Interesting enough, even without Pelosi, the next in line to want Cuomo's scalp still isn't the GOP, it's the Squad. AOC wants a progressive running NY.  She wants a large scale can't avoid test ground for UBI.

Jeffrey Katzenberg has always wanted a celebrity running NY. Don't be shocked to see Robert De Niro or Billy Crystal's name floated. The DNC's only hope to hold NY, away from AOC, is to push forward someone anti-establishment but with built in brand name fundraising potential. ( Didn't say this was smart, but desperate never equals smart)

Cuomo didn't really think this one through. Obama loyalists were never going to turf a gay black woman in Lori Lightfoot instead of him.

The thin hope for the GOP is Mario Cuomo's burn box gets released to the open press so Angry Andy can have his revenge. Every last piece of dirty laundry saved and stored and leveraged will have no more use if Angry Andy's political career is over. By extension, Chris "Stop Calling Me Fredo" Cuomo's star is going to dim as well, so he has ever incentive to aid and abet this slash and burn campaign.

How do you control the MSM, Big Tech, Big Social Media, Hollywood and Big Education and have a Super Majority and still self inflict this kind of madness?

IvanKaramazov said:
But he gave a really good speech though.  Does that count for nothing?!
Tim does like a good speech.  No matter who writes it it is all about delivery.

bigbottom said:
So even when we agree that you were right all along, you’re going to bust our balls about not agreeing with you quickly enough?
I think the frustration is that it was known all along what he did and that it was wrong.  We didn't know that he withheld information from the state legislature and if that admission hadn't become public he never would have been held accountable for the things he did previously. He still hasn't but it's looking more likely that he will be.  His policies and decisions literally killed people, and this FACT was known, and very few people cared.  NOONE on the left cared, which basically means 95% of this sub forum didn't care.  Not only did they not care but they covered for him.  Tim still thinks he did a bang up job because he speaks well.  So, this isn't about doing a happy dance that you've finally come around.  It's what it took for you to come around when the facts were right in front of you the whole time.

And, to clear, I'm not calling you out BB.  You're one of the best posters here.  But you included yourself in the post I quoted by saying "we" so I'm addressing this post to the entire "we" crowd by saying "you."

GordonGekko said:
This wasn't from the GOP. It was leverage from Pelosi. Having Cuomo take fire pulls off heat from her nephew, Gavin Newsom, on his own recall. I.E. the Newsom narrative becomes - "He didn't kill people like Cuomo did, at least he got that right"
Newsom is not the nephew of Pelosi. When you repeat a falsehood like this, it destroys the credibility for any point you are trying to make:

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-stacked-deck/fact-check-partly-false-list-of-alleged-stacked-deck-with-politicians-family-links-idUSKBN28K26Z

Fact check: Partly false list of alleged ‘stacked deck’ with politicians’ family links

NEWSOM AND PELOSI – FALSE

Posts with this claim allege California Gov. Gavin Newsom is Nancy Pelosi’s nephew. This is false, although their families were once related through a marriage decades ago.

As reported by the San Francisco Chronicle ( bit.ly/2VUZO8M ),  Belinda Barbara Newsom, Gavin Newsom’s aunt, was married to Ron Pelosi, Nancy Pelosi’s brother-in-law. The couple divorced in 1977 ( here ). [...]

jobarules said:

Thanks, I had forgotten about that aspect.  The two actions weren't that far apart in time, either.

Users who are viewing this thread